What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Tamorrion Terry WR Florida State (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
This guy's value is all over the place.  He's listed at 6'4" 210 and has a lot of talent, but has some injuries in 2020 and then left the program.  Some even speculate he could go undrafted in the NFL draft.  Garvin took him at 1.11 in this mock draft - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhW6CIllrYw&ab_channel=FantasyPros

He's a boom/bust pick for sure and probably will go somewhere in the 2nd or early 3rd of start 1qb dynasty leagues.

As the board’s big FSU honk I don’t know what to make of this guy. He has the prototypical body, seemed to be a good teammate, but runs lazy routes and didn’t block. However we never saw him with a competent QB, or even a below average one, so it’s tough to say how good he is. The offensive line not being able to pass block also largely prevented him from getting deep down the field and when he did, the QB would overthrow him by 10 yards. 

I think he has a chance but he’s no slam dunk like Cam Akers was to me. 

Also, he left the program because the team was like 1-4 or something and everybody had covid. Any nfl caliber player would have and should have done the same. That’s not a knock against him. 

As the board’s big FSU honk I don’t know what to make of this guy. He has the prototypical body, seemed to be a good teammate, but runs lazy routes and didn’t block. However we never saw him with a competent QB, or even a below average one, so it’s tough to say how good he is. The offensive line not being able to pass block also largely prevented him from getting deep down the field and when he did, the QB would overthrow him by 10 yards. 

I think he has a chance but he’s no slam dunk like Cam Akers was to me. 
Easier to have a slam dunk (or not) with a top 7 first round pick compared to a guy that at best will go in the 2nd round and probably the third in dynasty drafts.  Maybe not at all if he goes undrafted in the NFL.  I suppose we've seen his kind more than once over the years.  Has the size and talent, but doesn't make it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like his size speed aspect as a project. I’ll see if he is there in third of rookie drafts. Nico Collins maybe. Seth Williams maybe. I’ll snag a big project in the third. Otherwise there will be small speedsters. 

Pro Football Network's Matthew Valdovinos writes that Florida State redshirt junior WR Tamorrion Terry possesses "an elite blend of size and athletic ability."

"His physical traits are arguably the best of any receiver," Valdovinos writes of the 6-foot-4, 210-pound Terry, adding a beat later that "[t]his makes him a dominant deep threat and an impressive YAC receiver as well." On the more critical side of the evaluation, the analyst notes that drops have been an issue for Terry to this point in his career. Also to this point in his career, the wideout's routes could use further refinement. Terry logged a 60-1188-9 receiving line last season -- on a very flawed FSU team, at that -- and could end up in the Day 1 conversation next spring if everything breaks right for him over the coming months (assuming a winter declaration). 

SOURCE: Pro Football Network

Jun 30, 2020, 2:52 PM ET

Pro Football Network's Neal Driscoll floats the Saints and Packers as two logical potential draft homes for Florida State redshirt junior WR Tamorrion Terry.

"Terry has the build and traits to blossom into an upper-echelon “X-receiver” at the next level. He has the size and big-play ability that NFL front offices search for," Driscoll writes, noting that teams picking near the end of the first round who are in need of a wideout would be ideal draft dance partners for the 6-foot-4, 210-pound FSU wideout. Driscoll would like to see Terry work on expanding his route tree, as well as his focus, as he continues to develop toward the NFL.

SOURCE: Pro Football Network

Jul 21, 2020, 1:37 PM ET

X-Men Found Throughout This Draft Class

Excerpt:

Tamorrion Terry, Florida State

An opt out who first did give scouts enough of a 2020 season to make a solid assessment with six games. He has a unique height/explosiveness combo and made 118 catches for 2,221 yards with 18 TDs in 31 games. Scouts are curious about his 40 time because his burst seems to be football speed, not necessarily pure straight-on speed, but he flashes the skill to shed a tackler and take it to the house. He definitely needs to learn more about route running and has had too many dropped passes so his focus must improve. It's led to a sixth-round grade from NFL Draft Bible.

WR “Bigs” 2021 Bonanza

Excerpt:

Most likely target for Cardinals: Tamorrion Terry. “Scary Terry” is surprisingly agile and fast (ran one catch while timed at 23.5 MPH) for a WR of his length. Was used much like a K-Raid WR at FSU, catching a number of WR screens and quick passes, which set him up for some over-the-top home runs.

Florida State WR Tamorrion Terry ran the 40-yard dash in an unofficial 4.44 seconds during Monday's pro day.

A nice, respectable time for Terry in the straight-line sprint. In addition, the FSU wideout logged a 10-foot-6 broad jump, a short shuttle of 4.53 seconds and a three-cone drill of 7.00 seconds. While that three-cone time isn't exactly top of the line, it's not D.K. Metcalf slow-dancing his way through the drill in 7.38 seconds, either. Come the draft proper, Terry profiles as a likely pick for later on Day 3. Pro Football Network's Tony Pauline ranks him as a fifth-round value.

SOURCE: Jim Nagy on Twitter

Mar 22, 2021, 1:38 PM ET

Pro day was just ok. A little smaller and slower than I think many were expecting. Probably. 4.5 guy if running at the combine. Makes me a little less excited.

The highlight tape is pretty.  He looks big, fast, smooth.  

Seems to have a lot of focus issues.  Drops due to focus--not getting off the line right at the snap.  

That worries me a lot.  I'd throw a dart if he falls to late round 3/round 4.  But not going out of my way to get him.

NBC Sports Edge:

Seahawks signed Florida State WR Tamorrion Terry.

Terry (6'2/207) initially turned heads with 21.3 YPC and eight touchdowns as a redshirt freshman in 2018 before breaking out with 60/1,188/9 the following year. He struggled in 2020 (23/289/1) and chose to opt out after six games but did record a 4.45 40-time and register in the 59th percentile in explosion drills at Florida State's pro day as a larger athlete. Assuming his final year was merely an anomoly, Terry flashes the upside to be a more dynamic version of Marquez Valdes-Scantling on the boundary.

May 1, 2021, 7:05 PM ET

The Miami Herald's Adam Beasley reports WR Tamorrion Terry was indicted for felony murder of a 21-year-old woman in a 2018 gang-related mass shooting in Georgia.

21-year-old Za’ Quavia Smith was among at least seven people shot at the Studio 2.0 nightclub in Ashburn, Georgia, in June of 2018. The timeline puts Terry (among 10 others indicted for felony murder) at the shooting during the summer before the former's redshirt freshman year at Florida State. Terry was signed by the Seahawks in May but was quietly released on Wednesday.

SOURCE: Adam Beasley on Twitter

Jul 1, 2021, 9:54 AM ET

Faust said:
The Miami Herald's Adam Beasley reports WR Tamorrion Terry was indicted for felony murder of a 21-year-old woman in a 2018 gang-related mass shooting in Georgia.

21-year-old Za’ Quavia Smith was among at least seven people shot at the Studio 2.0 nightclub in Ashburn, Georgia, in June of 2018. The timeline puts Terry (among 10 others indicted for felony murder) at the shooting during the summer before the former's redshirt freshman year at Florida State. Terry was signed by the Seahawks in May but was quietly released on Wednesday.

SOURCE: Adam Beasley on Twitter

Jul 1, 2021, 9:54 AM ET
Well, that opened up a roster spot.

Innocent until proven guilty, but felony murder might be a tough charge to beat, depending on what they charged him with and what the statute or law entails.

For those that don't know, felony murder is a charge that happens when during the commission of a felony, somebody is killed by the party or parties committing the felony, or because of the felony even by accident. The violating party or parties can then be charged with felony murder.

I hope this doesn't come off rude, and I'm not trying to turn this into a laughing matter but...  Za’ Quavia?!?  Jeez... what a name..

Eskridge toe injury.   Terry murder.   For July 1st, the Cade Johnson UDFA train is off to a pretty good start.
Cade Johnson is the best prospect of the 3 anyway in my opinion. Was shocked he was undrafted, thought he had a shot of being a day 2 pick.

Users who are viewing this thread