What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Derek Chauvin trial. Murder of George Floyd. Convictions now appealed. (3 Viewers)

Not extremist enough to not be a Democrat. She's not even Sanders. She's a full-blown D. And Sanders caucuses with the 'Crats and runs for president. Nice party of commies you've got there.
Yep.  And that contingent gets larger and larger each election.  And as they get larger they'll get more dangerous to Democracy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not extremist enough to not be a Democrat. She's not even Sanders. She's a full-blown D. And Sanders caucuses with the 'Crats and runs for president. Nice party of commies you've got there.
Commies and Nationalists. Nice 2 party system we've got here.

What did they say about the verdict?
I don't think they commented, for they were too busy spouting off on other nonsense

DC is completely dead tonight. People stayed in and were scared to go out because of fear of riots. Police are everywhere and have riot gear. #BLM is the strongest terrorist threat in our county.

I don't think they commented, for they were too busy spouting off on other nonsense

DC is completely dead tonight. People stayed in and were scared to go out because of fear of riots. Police are everywhere and have riot gear. #BLM is the strongest terrorist threat in our county.
ooofff

Wondering where are all the folks in this thread that were sure there'd be riots and looting and destruction? 

I mean, looks like they are around, but I don't think I've seen anything about "looks like I was wrong" or "glad to see that didn't happen".

I don't know who said this (and I'm guess not a leader in the republican party otherwise you would have indicated that), but

DC is completely dead tonight. TRUE

People stayed in and were scared to go out because of fear of riots. TRUE

Police are everywhere and have riot gear.  I'd GUESS TRUE AND LOGICAL

#BLM is the strongest terrorist threat in our county.   BLM HAS ITS ISSUES I THINK TERRORIST IS NOT THE RIGHT TERM

She’s certainly partisan. Whether she’s the most partisan I don’t know. 
But she’s never let partisanship get in the way of her effectiveness. She alone got TARP done; nobody else could have. She’s managed to keep her party together in a way no other politician could. She’s simply amazing. Vile? Not to me. She gets #### done. 
So did McConnell, but I think you would have a different opinion of how amazing he is.  

I agree with Rock on her and add that that I think they are both the worst of what we send to Washington.

I don't know who said this (and I'm guess not a leader in the republican party otherwise you would have indicated that), but

DC is completely dead tonight. TRUE

People stayed in and were scared to go out because of fear of riots. TRUE

Police are everywhere and have riot gear.  I'd GUESS TRUE AND LOGICAL

#BLM is the strongest terrorist threat in our county.   BLM HAS ITS ISSUES I THINK TERRORIST IS NOT THE RIGHT TERM
This goes back to my post yesterday.  Or when someone passes, for example, and people are expected not to trample on their fresh grave.  If you don't have anything nice or productive to say, just keep quiet, at least for a little bit.

After what happened yesterday, while the above may be true, pointing out the above seems to miss the point above.  And the bolded is maybe true.

Wondering where are all the folks in this thread that were sure there'd be riots and looting and destruction? 

I mean, looks like they are around, but I don't think I've seen anything about "looks like I was wrong" or "glad to see that didn't happen".
I stated "was not sure if their would be one"   Actually was hoping for calm but he was convicted on all 3 counts so there was nothing to riot about.

There are 3 more officers waited to go to trial in this case and I don`t think the outcome for all of them will be the same as the prosecutor even said "they were helpless to stop Chauvin"  so at least 1 and maybe all will not be convicted and then Minny will have to be on full alert again.

This goes back to my post yesterday.  Or when someone passes, for example, and people are expected not to trample on their fresh grave.  If you don't have anything nice or productive to say, just keep quiet, at least for a little bit.

After what happened yesterday, while the above may be true, pointing out the above seems to miss the point above.  And the bolded is maybe true.
I'm not following you.  Nobody died yesterday...justice was done...what grave is being trampled on.

The reality is that the entire country was bracing for riots in the event the verdict didn't return what the rioters wanted.  That is not good.  Maybe you think that's ok, which is fine, but are you are you saying that can't be called out?  Are you saying that should not be part of what we can or should talk about? 

I haven't been following very close, but it seems the fear that riots would happen was tied to an acquittal, right?  Rioting and destruction after a clean-sweep guilty verdict would probably have been more in the nature of the - Eagles win the Superbowl - kind of thing imo.  I do think some level of violence / destruction seems likely had there been an acquittal yesterday.

Nothing.  They said absolutely nothing.   Their silence is deafening.  But not remotely surprising.
First Hit On My Search

Republicans Offer Positive Reactions to Derek Chauvin's Guilty Verdict: 'Justice System Works'

You actually have a lot of positive reaction here from conservative leaning posters as well.

Why unnecessarily cast the reaction in a negative light...other than to simply deflect from the dumb statements of others?

Yep.  And that contingent gets larger and larger each election.  And as they get larger they'll get more dangerous to Democracy.
Aren't you a Trump supporter?  Didn't he just try to steal an election by falsely claiming voter fraud.  And when that wasn't working he tried to get his VP to not sign off on the results.

I didn't think Democracy was as important to you as you are letting on.

I’m glad there wasn’t.  It was close though, involving the semi truck,

I haven't been following very close, but it seems the fear that riots would happen was tied to an acquittal, right?  Rioting and destruction after a clean-sweep guilty verdict would probably have been more in the nature of the - Eagles win the Superbowl - kind of thing imo.  I do think some level of violence / destruction seems likely had there been an acquittal yesterday.
Yes, but not by everyone here.  The following were all after the guilty verdict came down.  Plus a few others "liking" those posts.

Buncha sad looters and arsonists tonight

I’ll get the popcorn ready for the riots tonight 🍿

So out of curiousity.... 

What is the acceptable amount of arson, vandalism, burglary, and grand theft tonight before it crosses from "celebrating" into "criminal riots"?  

Sounds loaded but is an honest question of those in here who have defended previous riots/burning/looting. 

ETA: I haven't been following the case too closely so I accept the jury's verdict as fair assessment and distribution of justice :thumbup:  

Celebratory looting to begin at sundown.

See Portland Oregon and get back to me in the morning.

First Hit On My Search

You actually have a lot of positive reaction here from conservative leaning posters as well.

Why unnecessarily cast the reaction in a negative light...other than to simply deflect from the dumb statements of others?
Huh?  I said nothing negative about the posters in here.   

It’s nice to see a handful of Republicans - moderate folks who aren’t leaders in the party - speak out.  

Meanwhile, this is what we hear from party leaders:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/ted-cruz-says-bidens-comments-122212699.html

Btw, in your own link Marjorie Greene Taylor:

"BLM has now proven itself to be the most powerful domestic terrorists organization in our country," Greene tweeted. "After Maxine Waters threats could there have been any other verdict?"

First Hit On My Search

I think the issue is the gop wants to say the “system works” - as if it’s worked all along.  
The other side feels “the system worked this time” and hopes there’s a path forward.

that’s part of what AOC was saying - although the Q collective just wants to knock her first and think about what she said never

I think the issue is the gop wants to say the “system works” - as if it’s worked all along.  
The other side feels “the system worked this time” and hopes there’s a path forward.

that’s part of what AOC was saying - although the Q collective just wants to knock her first and think about what she said never
I'm willing to give AOC the benefit of the doubt usually but I couldn't interpret her comments any other way than saying the system is still broken and that, in this instance, there still wasn't "justice" despite - by I think about any metric or lens - Chauvin received his consitutional due process (e.g. a timely jury trial, competent representation, etc.) and was convicted by what certainly seemed like a fair and impartial jury of his peers. 

I'd be more sympathetic to her if she went with the "broken clock is right twice a day" analogy by acknowledging that the system worked here then attacking the more overarching issues with the system. 

Whats the system? 

Policing...who is saying that doesn't need fixing.

Trial by jury...tell me what you fix in the trial process.

This is the victory lap you're trying to take?  My side didn't loot a bunch of innocent businesses last night so take that.  Odd but you do you.

I wonder how many things you've gotten wrong on this board the last 4 years.

Does not matter if anyone here thought there would be riots.  Minny officials called in 300 National Guard and hundreds of police from neighboring states.  So they thought there was a good possibility.

lol...Cruz calling out Bidens stupid comments...thats what you're saying the problem is???
Uhhh, I’m sure you know why it is a problem.  Cruz is de-legitimizing the verdict, rather than saying “justice was served” or something similar to the other links you shared.  Cruz knows exactly what he was doing.  And yeah, it’s a problem.   But you already know that.

Does not matter if anyone here thought there would be riots.  Minny officials called in 300 National Guard and hundreds of police from neighboring states.  So they thought there was a good possibility.
The acquittal was the main driving force to a lack of violence, but I think this 👆also played a role. 

Had DC done the same, January 6 would have played out much differently, I think.

A colleague of mine put it pretty well yesterday when she said, "Yeah, I'd fully expects riots because it this act of police brutality doesn't result in a conviction, is there any scenario where an act would given the status quo of things?" 

Uhhh, I’m sure you know why it is a problem.  Cruz is de-legitimizing the verdict, rather than saying “justice was served” or something similar to the other links you shared.  Cruz knows exactly what he was doing.  And yeah, it’s a problem.   But you already know that.
lol, you give me way to much credit...i didnt know that.  I literally read the bullets of what you linked. 

I'm sure Cruz is taking the opportunity to pile on Bidens comments...which is justified although you can say not necessary and typical dirty politics.

I'll have to go back and read the entirety to see if there is a read of he's looking to de-legitimize the verdict.  You really think he wants it overturned?  I'd hope not but frankly I don't think highly of Cruz or really any politician.

lol, you give me way to much credit...i didnt know that.  I literally read the bullets of what you linked. 

I'm sure Cruz is taking the opportunity to pile on Bidens comments...which is justified although you can say not necessary and typical dirty politics.

I'll have to go back and read the entirety to see if there is a read of he's looking to de-legitimize the verdict.  You really think he wants it overturned?  I'd hope not but frankly I don't think highly of Cruz or really any politician.
I do give you credit - you seem like a smart person!    I don't think Cruz wants the verdict overturned -- he's just a politician, being a politician, pandering to his base.  But it is very dangerous to de-legitimize this outcome.  

Piling on Biden, in general, is fair game.  ;)

PS - appreciate the civil discussion

Is there really a side that supports cops murdering unarmed civilians?  I get the "support our cops because they protect us, do a dangerous job, and are mostly good people" viewpoint, but I cannot understand getting enraged because a dirty cop is convicted of murder.  It seems we should all agree that murder of any kind is a bad thing.

Is there really a side that supports cops murdering unarmed civilians?  I get the "support our cops because they protect us, do a dangerous job, and are mostly good people" viewpoint, but I cannot understand getting enraged because a dirty cop is convicted of murder.  It seems we should all agree that murder of any kind is a bad thing.
One would think this would be universal.  Unfortunately, it's not......

All some people need is "this guy was passing a fake $20, was on drugs."

Then it's just a $5 cab ride to "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes"

They don't view it as taking the side of a murderer.  

>Cruz said that Biden was providing "a possible basis on appeal to challenge any guilty conviction."

Not sure what's controversial at all about that comment.  He's right.  It is a possible basis.  Biden commenting on the case before it was decided was class A dumb.  Not as bad as the incitement to riot that Maxine engaged in, but still dumb.  

Jeez - just keep you hands off of charged jury trials and let them work to come to a decision.  The decision they ended up with was the right one, so why are they commenting and possibly contaminating the verdict?

Users who are viewing this thread