Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Derek Chauvin trial. Murder of George Floyd. Convictions now appealed.

On 4/20/2021 at 5:36 PM, Sinn Fein said:

Even if the judge gave him the max - the sentences would run concurrently - so 40 is the max.

Un-educated guess - he gets 20 years.

:shrug:

• Like 1

Ultimately it’s progress.  I’ll take it.  I see some that aren’t happy pointing out black men get longer sentences for non violent offenses.  Which i get but ultimately accountability is progress and it’s a good first step.  

plus he has two other cases pending so likely he ends up closer to 30 when it’s finished.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

Ultimately it’s progress.  I’ll take it.  I see some that aren’t happy pointing out black men get longer sentences for non violent offenses.  Which i get but ultimately accountability is progress and it’s a good first step.  

plus he has two other cases pending so likely he ends up closer to 30 when it’s finished.  

:goodposting:

4 minutes ago, PinkydaPimp said:

The right policy change here is to greatly reduce or eliminate prison time for non-violent offenses, not to make other sentences proportionately longer.  I know you probably agree with that -- just saying it out loud.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• NorvilleBarnes changed the title to Derek Chauvin trial. Murder of George Floyd. Convictions now appealed.