What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: with all the drops, franchise tags and non-tenders, who is "under the radar" pickups? (1 Viewer)

robb

Footballguy
Examples: John Brown, Buffalo is dropped, is Davis a player to consider adding to your Dynasty squad? Or, Parham with Henry non-franchisee tagged?

I realized some of these players may eventually sign with their team, but.......????

robb said:
Examples: John Brown, Buffalo is dropped, is Davis a player to consider adding to your Dynasty squad? Or, Parham with Henry non-franchisee tagged?

I realized some of these players may eventually sign with their team, but.......????
Yes

A quick scan around the league at some potential dynasty buy-low opportunities this offseason . . .

Arizona Cardinals:  Kenyan Drake may depart.  Chase Edmonds could benefit.  Perhaps Eno Benjamin as a real deep dynasty stash. If Larry Fitzgerald retires, the speedy Isabella could get more opportunities.

Atlanta Falcons: No real free agency movement

Baltimore Ravens:  Justice Hill is a forgotten man, but he may still have some deep dynasty value.

Buffalo Bills:  Gabriel Davis is likely rostered in most dynasty leagues, but if you can get him cheap, grab him.  The team reportedly wants to add a TE

Carolina Panthers:  A Mike Davis exit could potentially open up some opportunities behind McCaffrey

Chicago Bears:  It appears Allen Robinson is staying (franchise tag).  Like Davis at Buffalo, grab Mooney if he can be acquired for cheap.  Tarik Cohen still has good ppr value.  QB is a big question mark.

Cincinnati Bengals:  No real free agency movement

Cleveland Browns:  No real free agency movement.  Perhaps David Njoku can bounce back

Dallas Cowboys:  Dak's return helps the entire offense.  Don't forget about Blake Jarwin

Denver Broncos:  A change at QB would boost the value of all of Denver's recieiving options

Detroit Lions:  Quintez Cepheus could benefit if there is a WR exodus in Detroit, as it appears both Kenny Golladay and Marvin Jones could be on the move

Green Bay Packers:  AJ Dillon may be in line for a huge boost, but he is not likely going to come cheap

Houston Texans:  With Duke Johnson's release, Dontrell Hilliard could emerge as the team's 3rd down back.  Don't forget about Isaiah Coulter at WR

Indianapolis Colts:  Even if TY Hilton returns, Parris Campbell could finally breakout.  Can recently-acquired Carson Wentz return to form?

Jacksonville Jaguars:  Laviska Shenault's value increases with the anticipated draft addition of Trevor Lawrence.  Josh Oliver has had injuries derail each of the past two seasons, but he is worth monitoring

Kansas City Chiefs:  Sammy Watkins may depart, and that could open things up for Hardman and Robinson.  The Chiefs also added Antonio Callaway, as an intriguing add.  Don't forget about Damien Williams.

Los Angeles Chargers:  Donald Parham becomes an interesting TE prospect if Henry signs elsewhere.

Los Angeles Rams:  If Gerald Everett leaves, Higbee gets a bump, but no real free agent activity to monitor here.  I like Van Jefferson as a deep dynasty piece

Las Vegas Raiders:  Nelson Agholor could return, but still keep an eye on Bryan Edwards

Miami Dolphins:  The draft could shake things up plenty in Miami

Minnesota Vikings:  No real free agency movement 

New Orleans Saints:  If Brees retires, as expected, the offense as a whole takes a hit.  Adam Trautman may be a guy to watch.

New England Patriots:  JJ Taylor could replace James White.  What does New England do at QB? WR?

New York Giants:  No real free agency movement

New York Jets:  There may be big changes coming in New York, but not sure there is anyone to invest in here, unless you can get Darnold on the cheap

Philadelphia Eagles:  It appears the team will move forward with the Jalen Hurts era.  Goedert has already overtaken Ertz, so a departure really doesn't create a buy-low opportunity.

Pittsburgh Steelers:  JuJu and Conner could be gone.  At wideout, Chase Claypool looks to benefit most, but also keep an eye on Washington.  A James Conner departure could open a big opportunity for Benny Snell.

Seattle Seahawks:  Rahsaad Penny could become the starting RB in Seattle by default, and if he can put the injuries behind him, he might be a great investment  

San Francisco 49ers:  There are still question marks at QB and RB.  Jeff Wilson did sign a new deal, however.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers:  Godwin is staying.  Fournette may do the same.  I don't see much change here, although I would still buy low on Tyler Johnson.

Tennessee Titans:  Anthony Firkser stands to benefit if Jonnu Smith departs.  Corey Davis' replacement may not be on the Titans right now.

Washington FB Team:  The big question here is what does Washington do at QB?

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m confused...just cuz an NFL team drops them doesn’t make them a FA in dynasty leagues. That would be cool though. 

I think Jamaal Williams could be a real nice depth add to your RB unit...if he stays with Green Bay he could be in-line for more receptions if Jones leaves but I could also see him signing somewhere and becoming part of a 1-2 punch where he could have more value than he has had.

Pittsburgh Steelers:  JuJu and Conner could be gone.  At wideout, Chase Claypool looks to benefit most, but also keep an eye on Washington.  A James Conner departure could open a big opportunity for Benny Snell.
Will there be an opportunity for Anthony McFarland, or have we already moved on from him?

tangfoot said:
Will there be an opportunity for Anthony McFarland, or have we already moved on from him?
There will be a lot of speculating this offseason, but Snell, McFarland and Samuels all have an opportunity with Conner moving on.  Of course, the Steelers could sign a free agent or draft a RB, as well.  As between Snell, McFarland and Samuels, I like Snell to lead the team in early down work, but McFarland brings an exciting speed element the team has not seen perhaps since Fast Willie Parker (or perhaps an aging D'Angelo Williams), so he absolutely is in the mix.

Two that I keyed in on late this past season (when I learned about WRs supposedly gone as competition):

- Cephus ((likely too late now)

- Isaiah Coulter

Asiasi or Keene is the question, I think
I think AsiAsi was hurt then given start at end of season. Keene was used more as a h back but didn’t get much time at TE. So you would think AsiAsi is in better line to play more at TE. Having said this, Pats may try sign veteran TE which would send AsiAsi to less snaps. 

I think AsiAsi was hurt then given start at end of season. Keene was used more as a h back but didn’t get much time at TE. So you would think AsiAsi is in better line to play more at TE. Having said this, Pats may try sign veteran TE which would send AsiAsi to less snaps. 
Good points.  I have also seen several mock drafts with Pitts going to New England.  Who knows?  There is an absence of much receiving talent in New England at the moment, and you have to believe significant changes are coming, either via free agency or the draft.

Young Tight Ends are so hard to project.  I think either Asiasi or Keene is a decent low-cost (or free) dynasty investment, if you have a deep bench, and I agree Asiasi is a bit more enticing.

socrates said:
Good points.  I have also seen several mock drafts with Pitts going to New England.  Who knows?  There is an absence of much receiving talent in New England at the moment, and you have to believe significant changes are coming, either via free agency or the draft.

Young Tight Ends are so hard to project.  I think either Asiasi or Keene is a decent low-cost (or free) dynasty investment, if you have a deep bench, and I agree Asiasi is a bit more enticing.
Jonnu just signed with NE

Well, I guess we have our answers on who will be the NE TEs.....Henry and Smith and the 2 rookies can take a seat on the bench.

Users who are viewing this thread