What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Georgia phone call revealed: should Donald Trump be indicted for attempting to interfere in the 2020 Presidential election? (1 Viewer)

People upset that ballots were mailed to people who recently died. Not worried about the President trying to get a state to flip their votes. Hmmmm

Should he be indicted? No. He was careful to use vague language -- the type of language that frequently leads to a "Not guilty" verdict.

Should he have been impeached if Congress knew about it when he was President? Yes.

Sea Duck said:
Should he be indicted? No. He was careful to use vague language -- the type of language that frequently leads to a "Not guilty" verdict.

Should he have been impeached if Congress knew about it when he was President? Yes.
I’m not sure it was all that vague. He used the same sort of language mob bosses use, and they get sent to prison for using it: because the intent is clear. 

The Democrats are actively trying to steal a congressional seat from the past election as we post, but you're worried about what Trump did months ago.  How about talking about the election stealing being perpetrated right now?

timschochet said:
Unless he committed a crime. If he did, don’t you think he should be punished for it? 
Can't we discuss topics that deflect from national issues - like Dr Seuss or the Royal Family instead?

Of course he should be held accountable.  

bigbottom said:
In your opinion, do you think that’s a highly inappropriate phone call?  Or no?
It is inappropriate, but is it illegal to offer praise?  If there was a threat or a bribe it would be illegal.  Trump often crossed the inappropriate line and put his toes on the illegal line, but I don't see where he crossed it.  

It is inappropriate, but is it illegal to offer praise?  If there was a threat or a bribe it would be illegal.  Trump often crossed the inappropriate line and put his toes on the illegal line, but I don't see where he crossed it.  
I think he threatens Raffensberger in that call. The call I posted above is inappropriate but I lean toward agreeing with you here. 

When you couple the calls together and look at his actions it becomes a bit murkier. Maybe not enough to get an indictment though. 

Thanks. And yes, that’s why I phrased the question the way I did.

timschochet said:
https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/10/politics/donald-trump-georgia-phone-call/index.html

I’m starting a new thread because what Trump apparently tried to do in Georgia is pretty serious and should be it’s own discussion. I have no idea how this is going to go down, but right now there is the distinct possibility that the former President is going to be charged with a crime in the state of Georgia. Thoughts? 
I have no idea how this is going to go down either. But based on nothing more than how this is being reported by MSM, I can guess, and with a pretty high degree of confidence.

When Trump does something wrong or says something wrong the MSM pounces (rightfully so) and it's pretty straightforward feeding frenzy.

But when Trump doesn't do anything wrong - but it sounds bad - then the fun begins. That's when we see the MSM "characterize" and "summarize" what went down or what was said. Then you see a wave of reactions to the mischaracterization. Then reporting on those reactions. And so on. Then, when the dust settles and it's clear that the MSM was lying to their readers/viewers, the left for some reason doesn't get angry at the MSM for lying to them, they just get more angry at the right or Trump.

[One armed Arrested Development friend] And THAT"S why you all miss him so much.

Just let him fade into obscurity. His tenure was a disaster, we all know he’s guilty but his supporters won’t hear anything of the sort, honestly the faster we can get to using him as a cautionary tale, the better.

Stop trying to deflect attention from Cuomo.

Seriously though Trump should acknowledge he lost the election. It's dangerous because people believe him, rightly or wrongly so.

If he did that I'd be inclined to say enough already. 

I have no idea how this is going to go down either. But based on nothing more than how this is being reported by MSM, I can guess, and with a pretty high degree of confidence.

When Trump does something wrong or says something wrong the MSM pounces (rightfully so) and it's pretty straightforward feeding frenzy.

But when Trump doesn't do anything wrong - but it sounds bad - then the fun begins. That's when we see the MSM "characterize" and "summarize" what went down or what was said. Then you see a wave of reactions to the mischaracterization. Then reporting on those reactions. And so on. Then, when the dust settles and it's clear that the MSM was lying to their readers/viewers, the left for some reason doesn't get angry at the MSM for lying to them, they just get more angry at the right or Trump.

[One armed Arrested Development friend] And THAT"S why you all miss him so much.
How should this be covered

Just let him fade into obscurity. His tenure was a disaster, we all know he’s guilty but his supporters won’t hear anything of the sort, honestly the faster we can get to using him as a cautionary tale, the better.
I completely and totally agree with this but it won't happen.  Trump = ratings.  

I completely and totally agree with this but it won't happen.  Trump = ratings.  
Ratings are wholly irrelevant to governing, and I’m so incapable of caring any less about them that the strain of trying might actually fry my brain. Trump should be forgotten by everyone except to show how not to govern.

The Biden speech tonight will prove this also. There will be few Trump references I’m sure.
He won’t mention Trump at all. 
I don’t think Biden will be very pleased by this news, or the possibility that Trump might be charged here. Biden wasn’t happy with the second impeachment. He wants the country to move on. Politically speaking I agree with him. And honestly, despite what I’m accused of by some here, I’m sick of discussing Donald Trump. 

But none of that matters. I started this thread because it really does appear to me, as a layman, that a serious crime was committed here. We now have two phone calls on record: in one the President of the United States tries to pressure the Secretary of State of Georgia to find enough votes to overturn the election result. In the other, the President tries to pressure the lead investigator for the state to find fraud in Fulton County. I’m having trouble believing such interference isn’t against the law, wouldn’t be a prosecutable crime. Those of you so eager to dismiss this, what I am missing? 

He's not going to let himself be forgotten. This isn't George W Bush. 

He's making (trying to) himself the kingmaker of politics, holding the purse strings.  His career in politics put a flashlight on his finances, which can only now be prosecuted. 

His son is trying for the Ted Cruz career record for Twitter self-owns. 

It's simply not realistic. And considering Obama and Clinton are brought up as boogeymen whenever Fox/OAN/Newsmax runs out of material, it's laughable. 

She lost by 6 votes. If there is evidence 22 votes for her weren't counted. She should have won. Let's see the evidence.
Typical.  LOL.  There was a recount.  She was certified by her state and seated in congress.  Her opponent had recourse in the state courts.  She chose to bypass that option and ask the partisan congress to overturn the results of a valid election and just appoint her winner.  Seriously, you think congress is a more fair option than our court system? 

You sound like Trump.  He wanted to ignore states certifying their elections and "see the evidence" as well.   Good job!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t think Biden will be very pleased by this news, or the possibility that Trump might be charged here. Biden wasn’t happy with the second impeachment. He wants the country to move on. Politically speaking I agree with him. And honestly, despite what I’m accused of by some here, I’m sick of discussing Donald Trump. 

But none of that matters. I started this thread because it really does appear to me, as a layman, that a serious crime was committed here. We now have two phone calls on record: in one the President of the United States tries to pressure the Secretary of State of Georgia to find enough votes to overturn the election result. In the other, the President tries to pressure the lead investigator for the state to find fraud in Fulton County. I’m having trouble believing such interference isn’t against the law, wouldn’t be a prosecutable crime. Those of you so eager to dismiss this, what I am missing? 
He’ll use phrases like the last regime, we don’t do that anymore, that’s not how we do business, etc. I do agree with a lot of your post, but the Biden administration just can’t help but throw jabs.  Most are deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wait, I thought we were supposed to move on from crimes when someone lost an election. Buttery emails or something?

Yeah but Trump is all the Left has, there is nothing else they ran on or bring to the table. They can’t get him out of their heads due to this.  
This is just the deflecting talking point of pro trump.

Please point to something where large groups on the left are obsessing over trump.

this thread doesn’t even do that - it’s about an open investigation and whether a crime was committed regarding the election

Sea Duck said:

This is kinda close to my feelings on it.

I don't think it is enough to get an indictment.  But it is just more evidence about what a lying cheating conman Trump is.  He would burn anything down if he could be king of the ashes.  He is trying to do just that right now with the Republican party.  Not because he wants to do good, or cares about people.  Because he is a malignant narcissist that lusts for power, fame and adoration.  He's also completely lost touch with reality.  Just look at the letter he wrote yesterday (I think) about how it would be another five years before a vaccine needle hit an American arm if it was not for him.  He's completely delusional.

Users who are viewing this thread