Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

New Georgia phone call revealed: should Donald Trump be indicted for attempting to interfere in the 2020 Presidential election?


Recommended Posts

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/10/politics/donald-trump-georgia-phone-call/index.html
 

I’m starting a new thread because what Trump apparently tried to do in Georgia is pretty serious and should be it’s own discussion. I have no idea how this is going to go down, but right now there is the distinct possibility that the former President is going to be charged with a crime in the state of Georgia. Thoughts? 

  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sooner or later Trump will go down as one of the most notorious criminals in our country’s history.

CNN puts out a treat and they come running.    

The corrected story is just as slanted against Trump- because he did something wrong here. 

25 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Meh.  Much ado about nothing.

He's gone Tim. It's time to let go.

In your opinion, do you think that’s a highly inappropriate phone call?  Or no?

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

In your opinion, do you think that’s a highly inappropriate phone call?  Or no?

I don't know.  Probably not.  I think the hypersensitivity around Trump makes every move look like it's impeachable.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Should he be indicted? No. He was careful to use vague language -- the type of language that frequently leads to a "Not guilty" verdict.

Should he have been impeached if Congress knew about it when he was President? Yes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Sea Duck said:

Should he be indicted? No. He was careful to use vague language -- the type of language that frequently leads to a "Not guilty" verdict.

Should he have been impeached if Congress knew about it when he was President? Yes.

I’m not sure it was all that vague. He used the same sort of language mob bosses use, and they get sent to prison for using it: because the intent is clear. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The Democrats are actively trying to steal a congressional seat from the past election as we post, but you're worried about what Trump did months ago.  How about talking about the election stealing being perpetrated right now?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, John123 said:

The Democrats are actively trying to steal a congressional seat from the past election as we post, but you're worried about what Trump did months ago.  How about talking about the election stealing being perpetrated right now?

Please enlighten me on this.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, timschochet said:

Unless he committed a crime. If he did, don’t you think he should be punished for it? 

Can't we discuss topics that deflect from national issues - like Dr Seuss or the Royal Family instead?

 

Of course he should be held accountable.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, bigbottom said:

In your opinion, do you think that’s a highly inappropriate phone call?  Or no?

It is inappropriate, but is it illegal to offer praise?  If there was a threat or a bribe it would be illegal.  Trump often crossed the inappropriate line and put his toes on the illegal line, but I don't see where he crossed it.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It is inappropriate, but is it illegal to offer praise?  If there was a threat or a bribe it would be illegal.  Trump often crossed the inappropriate line and put his toes on the illegal line, but I don't see where he crossed it.  

I think he threatens Raffensberger in that call. The call I posted above is inappropriate but I lean toward agreeing with you here. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Meh.  Much ado about nothing.

He's gone Tim. It's time to let go.

Yeah but Trump is all the Left has, there is nothing else they ran on or bring to the table. They can’t get him out of their heads due to this.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

It is inappropriate, but is it illegal to offer praise?  If there was a threat or a bribe it would be illegal.  Trump often crossed the inappropriate line and put his toes on the illegal line, but I don't see where he crossed it.  

Thanks. And yes, that’s why I phrased the question the way I did.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

Yeah but Trump is all the Left has, there is nothing else they ran on or bring to the table. They can’t get him out of their heads due to this.  

The Biden speech tonight will prove this also. There will be few Trump references I’m sure.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

The Biden speech tonight will prove this also. There will be few Trump references I’m sure.

He’s actually coming out of hiding? That’s good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GoBirds said:

He’s actually coming out of hiding? That’s good. 

Psalm made it knows he will speak on the one year anniversary of the pandemic. You are supposed to have your outside lights on for the event tonight.

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, massraider said:

It won't be this. If anything, it'll be the financial stuff in NY. 

 

I'm not sure.  The fact it's Rs potentially prosecuting him in GA adds a twist.  If they pull the trigger and indict I think they get him there too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, timschochet said:

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/10/politics/donald-trump-georgia-phone-call/index.html
 

I’m starting a new thread because what Trump apparently tried to do in Georgia is pretty serious and should be it’s own discussion. I have no idea how this is going to go down, but right now there is the distinct possibility that the former President is going to be charged with a crime in the state of Georgia. Thoughts? 

I have no idea how this is going to go down either. But based on nothing more than how this is being reported by MSM, I can guess, and with a pretty high degree of confidence.

When Trump does something wrong or says something wrong the MSM pounces (rightfully so) and it's pretty straightforward feeding frenzy.

But when Trump doesn't do anything wrong - but it sounds bad - then the fun begins. That's when we see the MSM "characterize" and "summarize" what went down or what was said. Then you see a wave of reactions to the mischaracterization. Then reporting on those reactions. And so on. Then, when the dust settles and it's clear that the MSM was lying to their readers/viewers, the left for some reason doesn't get angry at the MSM for lying to them, they just get more angry at the right or Trump.

[One armed Arrested Development friend] And THAT"S why you all miss him so much.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just let him fade into obscurity. His tenure was a disaster, we all know he’s guilty but his supporters won’t hear anything of the sort, honestly the faster we can get to using him as a cautionary tale, the better.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

You're like that one guy who didn't want Alien V Predator to be made.

Never saw any of those movies, just didn’t see the draw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

I have no idea how this is going to go down either. But based on nothing more than how this is being reported by MSM, I can guess, and with a pretty high degree of confidence.

When Trump does something wrong or says something wrong the MSM pounces (rightfully so) and it's pretty straightforward feeding frenzy.

But when Trump doesn't do anything wrong - but it sounds bad - then the fun begins. That's when we see the MSM "characterize" and "summarize" what went down or what was said. Then you see a wave of reactions to the mischaracterization. Then reporting on those reactions. And so on. Then, when the dust settles and it's clear that the MSM was lying to their readers/viewers, the left for some reason doesn't get angry at the MSM for lying to them, they just get more angry at the right or Trump.

[One armed Arrested Development friend] And THAT"S why you all miss him so much.

How should this be covered

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Kal El said:

Just let him fade into obscurity. His tenure was a disaster, we all know he’s guilty but his supporters won’t hear anything of the sort, honestly the faster we can get to using him as a cautionary tale, the better.

I completely and totally agree with this but it won't happen.  Trump = ratings.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

I completely and totally agree with this but it won't happen.  Trump = ratings.  

Ratings are wholly irrelevant to governing, and I’m so incapable of caring any less about them that the strain of trying might actually fry my brain. Trump should be forgotten by everyone except to show how not to govern.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FairWarning said:

The Biden speech tonight will prove this also. There will be few Trump references I’m sure.

He won’t mention Trump at all. 
I don’t think Biden will be very pleased by this news, or the possibility that Trump might be charged here. Biden wasn’t happy with the second impeachment. He wants the country to move on. Politically speaking I agree with him. And honestly, despite what I’m accused of by some here, I’m sick of discussing Donald Trump. 

But none of that matters. I started this thread because it really does appear to me, as a layman, that a serious crime was committed here. We now have two phone calls on record: in one the President of the United States tries to pressure the Secretary of State of Georgia to find enough votes to overturn the election result. In the other, the President tries to pressure the lead investigator for the state to find fraud in Fulton County. I’m having trouble believing such interference isn’t against the law, wouldn’t be a prosecutable crime. Those of you so eager to dismiss this, what I am missing? 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

He's not going to let himself be forgotten. This isn't George W Bush. 

He's making (trying to) himself the kingmaker of politics, holding the purse strings.  His career in politics put a flashlight on his finances, which can only now be prosecuted. 

His son is trying for the Ted Cruz career record for Twitter self-owns. 

It's simply not realistic. And considering Obama and Clinton are brought up as boogeymen whenever Fox/OAN/Newsmax runs out of material, it's laughable. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

She lost by 6 votes. If there is evidence 22 votes for her weren't counted. She should have won. Let's see the evidence.

Typical.  LOL.  There was a recount.  She was certified by her state and seated in congress.  Her opponent had recourse in the state courts.  She chose to bypass that option and ask the partisan congress to overturn the results of a valid election and just appoint her winner.  Seriously, you think congress is a more fair option than our court system? 

You sound like Trump.  He wanted to ignore states certifying their elections and "see the evidence" as well.   Good job!!!

Edited by John123
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, timschochet said:

He won’t mention Trump at all. 
I don’t think Biden will be very pleased by this news, or the possibility that Trump might be charged here. Biden wasn’t happy with the second impeachment. He wants the country to move on. Politically speaking I agree with him. And honestly, despite what I’m accused of by some here, I’m sick of discussing Donald Trump. 

But none of that matters. I started this thread because it really does appear to me, as a layman, that a serious crime was committed here. We now have two phone calls on record: in one the President of the United States tries to pressure the Secretary of State of Georgia to find enough votes to overturn the election result. In the other, the President tries to pressure the lead investigator for the state to find fraud in Fulton County. I’m having trouble believing such interference isn’t against the law, wouldn’t be a prosecutable crime. Those of you so eager to dismiss this, what I am missing? 

He’ll use phrases like the last regime, we don’t do that anymore, that’s not how we do business, etc. I do agree with a lot of your post, but the Biden administration just can’t help but throw jabs.  Most are deserved.

Edited by FairWarning
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

 And honestly, despite what I’m accused of by some here, I’m sick of discussing Donald Trump. 

You're in a thread someone started about Trump.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NorvilleBarnes said:

You're in a thread someone started about Trump.

You're in a thread someone you started about Trump

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

You're in a thread someone started about Trump.

Which I started. 
That’s correct. I think he probably committed a serious crime, may very well be prosecuted, and I think it’s necessary to discuss, much as I wish he’d just go away. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, timschochet said:

He won’t mention Trump at all. 
I don’t think Biden will be very pleased by this news, or the possibility that Trump might be charged here. Biden wasn’t happy with the second impeachment. He wants the country to move on. Politically speaking I agree with him. And honestly, despite what I’m accused of by some here, I’m sick of discussing Donald Trump. 

But none of that matters. I started this thread because it really does appear to me, as a layman, that a serious crime was committed here. We now have two phone calls on record: in one the President of the United States tries to pressure the Secretary of State of Georgia to find enough votes to overturn the election result. In the other, the President tries to pressure the lead investigator for the state to find fraud in Fulton County. I’m having trouble believing such interference isn’t against the law, wouldn’t be a prosecutable crime. Those of you so eager to dismiss this, what I am missing? 

Wait, I thought we were supposed to move on from crimes when someone lost an election. Buttery emails or something?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GoBirds said:

Yeah but Trump is all the Left has, there is nothing else they ran on or bring to the table. They can’t get him out of their heads due to this.  

This is just the deflecting talking point of pro trump.

Please point to something where large groups on the left are obsessing over trump.

this thread doesn’t even do that - it’s about an open investigation and whether a crime was committed regarding the election

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Sea Duck said:

Should he be indicted? No. He was careful to use vague language -- the type of language that frequently leads to a "Not guilty" verdict.

Should he have been impeached if Congress knew about it when he was President? Yes.

This is kinda close to my feelings on it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think it is enough to get an indictment.  But it is just more evidence about what a lying cheating conman Trump is.  He would burn anything down if he could be king of the ashes.  He is trying to do just that right now with the Republican party.  Not because he wants to do good, or cares about people.  Because he is a malignant narcissist that lusts for power, fame and adoration.  He's also completely lost touch with reality.  Just look at the letter he wrote yesterday (I think) about how it would be another five years before a vaccine needle hit an American arm if it was not for him.  He's completely delusional.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...