What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

New Georgia phone call revealed: should Donald Trump be indicted for attempting to interfere in the 2020 Presidential election? (1 Viewer)

This is just the deflecting talking point of pro trump.

Please point to something where large groups on the left are obsessing over trump.

this thread doesn’t even do that - it’s about an open investigation and whether a crime was committed regarding the election
Uh, you are in it? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ratings are wholly irrelevant to governing, and I’m so incapable of caring any less about them that the strain of trying might actually fry my brain. Trump should be forgotten by everyone except to show how not to govern.
I agree that ratings are irrelevant to governing.  

This is kinda close to my feelings on it.
Mine too. This is another silly waste of time...Just like both impeachments that had no chance of ending up in a conviction.  

But CNN and those that parrot everything they say will tell you "We need to set a precedent" so even though there is a 100% chance Trump will not be convicted of anything, CNN and the parrots here will tell you it should happen anyway.

Now the only reason CNN wants this is--ratings...the parrots here?  Well as we know they agree with the media so that's that.   Cant fight the manipulation by the media here.  It's way too powerful.

Just let him fade into obscurity. His tenure was a disaster, we all know he’s guilty but his supporters won’t hear anything of the sort, honestly the faster we can get to using him as a cautionary tale, the better.
I think of it more as an important precedent to set for the next genius the GOP sends to the White House.

I see less in these election fraud claims than in the payouts to Stormy Daniels or the insurance/tax fraud case(s), and that is probably because I became numb to Trump's daily diatribes and outrageous conduct. Georgia law is pretty broad though in that it prohibits anyone from "requesting" or "otherwise attempting" to encourage someone else to commit election fraud.  No threat or coercion is required - the crime occurs when the request is made. 

To me, words matter, and I think the call to the Georgia Secretary of State contains enough evidence to charge Trump under the Georgia Code.  Asking an election official to "recalibrate" the process to "find" just enough votes to change the result is a direct request to commit election fraud.  This new call, as well as Trump's inane tweets and his other public statements just add icing and corroboration.  

:lol:

It's been two months and this is his first national address and the speech is less than 20 minutes long.  He's been practicing it for two weeks so he doesn't do a word salad job.  lolz

Corona bad, me good, nap time!
One of the reasons why people think it's a good job is because of a short memory.  They are only comparing Biden's speeches to Trump's speeches.  Unfortunately Trump had to follow Obama, so he didn't stand a chance of sounding presidential.

If they compared Biden's speeches to Obama's, they would realize that it is lacking.

Mine too. This is another silly waste of time...Just like both impeachments that had no chance of ending up in a conviction.  

But CNN and those that parrot everything they say will tell you "We need to set a precedent" so even though there is a 100% chance Trump will not be convicted of anything, CNN and the parrots here will tell you it should happen anyway.

Now the only reason CNN wants this is--ratings...the parrots here?  Well as we know they agree with the media so that's that.   Cant fight the manipulation by the media here.  It's way too powerful.
You might not like it but a criminal investigation into an ex president would be news worthy

everywhere but Fox OAN and Newsmax

One of the reasons why people think it's a good job is because of a short memory.  They are only comparing Biden's speeches to Trump's speeches.  Unfortunately Trump had to follow Obama, so he didn't stand a chance of sounding presidential.

If they compared Biden's speeches to Obama's, they would realize that it is lacking.
Not sure anyone is claiming Biden has ever been a great orator.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/10/politics/donald-trump-georgia-phone-call/index.html

I’m starting a new thread because what Trump apparently tried to do in Georgia is pretty serious and should be it’s own discussion. I have no idea how this is going to go down, but right now there is the distinct possibility that the former President is going to be charged with a crime in the state of Georgia. Thoughts? 
This did not age well . Washington Post who posted this story as fact retracted it after the voice tape was released.    Trump never said what was quoted by The Post.  Now every news station who ran with the story has to retract it as well.  This is why the media is so screwed up in our country.  Trump was already gone now they have ruined their credibilty with the public again and gives Trump some when he says they are fake.   

This did not age well . Washington Post who posted this story as fact retracted it after the voice tape was released.    Trump never said what was quoted by The Post.  Now every news station who ran with the story has to retract it as well.  This is why the media is so screwed up in our country.  Trump was already gone now they have ruined their credibilty with the public again and gives Trump some when he says they are fake.   
Not a retraction.  The voice tape was the voice tape.  There was a correction on the transcript of the call that wasn't played on the WaPo website.

Retraction---not the same as a correction,  Learn the difference.  

Not a retraction.  The voice tape was the voice tape.  There was a correction on the transcript of the call that wasn't played on the WaPo website.

Retraction---not the same as a correction,  Learn the difference.  
Lesson learned. :thumbup:    WP admitted their mistake and posted a "Correction".  Retraction is all over the web.  But correction is a much better term than a retraction. 

Correction: The action or process that rectifies an error or inaccuracy.   Retraction: A withdrawal of a statement or accusation.

Hold up. Are you saying that an unnamed source might give a heavily slanted account of something? 

Geez somebody should try and tell people about this possibility. 

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the original, incorrect WaPo reporting was heavily slanted against DJT?

It's funny how all of these "errors" are all biased in one direction.  

I mean let’s be clear here: Donald Trump as President should not have been calling Georgia officials to try and convince them to take actions that would result in overturning election results. That sounds like a crime to me. If technically it isn’t (I have no idea) it should be. The exact wording of what he said is interesting but the crime is the call itself. IMO. 

The correction doesn’t change the gist of the story. The real problem remains the phone call itself. 
It absolutely does. WaPo manufactured direct quotes that were false. These were blatant lies that were not only repeated by other media on the left - but also used in the impeachment. That should include an official "correction" imo. There's absolutely no integrity or accountability. 

I mean let’s be clear here: Donald Trump as President should not have been calling Georgia officials to try and convince them to take actions that would result in overturning election results. That sounds like a crime to me. If technically it isn’t (I have no idea) it should be. The exact wording of what he said is interesting but the crime is the call itself. IMO. 
Making it "sound like a crime" was the entire point. THAT'S the problem, not the phone calls. You are simultaneously stating and missing the point.

It absolutely does. WaPo manufactured direct quotes that were false. These were blatant lies that were not only repeated by other media on the left - but also used in the impeachment. That should include an official "correction" imo. There's absolutely no integrity or accountability. 
The second call wasn’t used in the impeachment. What are you talking about? 

Making it "sound like a crime" was the entire point. THAT'S the problem, not the phone calls. You are simultaneously stating and missing the point.
I don’t need to make it sound like anything. Did you listen to the first call? How could you conclude that is anything but a crime? 

And as for the Washington Post, they made an error, one that doesn’t change the gist of the story, and they corrected it. That doesn’t prove they’re biased; it proves the opposite. Slanted news sources tell lies; they don’t issue corrections. 

Not much, some SOME evidence of a crime if that's what you're going to claim.
I already admitted I don’t know if what he did was an actual crime. I think it should be a crime. I think it was clearly wrong. Do you agree? 
How can I agree? I have no idea what you think is a crime. MAYBE - if Trump said what the WaPo reported - but we now know that was false. 

This is like that study where people refuse to change their opinion even when presented with new information that counters the original.

How can I agree? I have no idea what you think is a crime. MAYBE - if Trump said what the WaPo reported - but we now know that was false. 

This is like that study where people refuse to change their opinion even when presented with new information that counters the original.
I’m talking about the tape. You heard the recording? 

I’m talking about the tape. You heard the recording? 
I'm talking about the WaPo correction. But yes I heard the entire tape (with Raffensperger) and read the transcript. It was a settlement call with several people present on the call - not some secret attempt to overturn the election. As far as the call with investigator Watson - out side of the fake quotes - the call was fine and Watson herself said she felt no pressure. 

The only wrongdoing in all of this is possibly leaking confidential phone calls, the shoddy reporting that WaPo at the time, and the other media that repeated the fake news without any journalistic integrity or standards of their own.

Gabriel Sperling on Dec 1: 'Someone's Going To Get Killed': Ga. Official Blasts GOP Silence On Election Threats."  He was right. 

The Post made a correction about the December phone call. Good. I'm still waiting for more Republican elected leaders to correct Trump about his claims of massive election fraud.

If the Jan 2 phone call with Raffensperger hadn't been secretly and legally recorded, of course Trump would've denied asking for 11,780 votes in his weak and failed shakedown attempt.

I'm talking about the WaPo correction. But yes I heard the entire tape (with Raffensperger) and read the transcript. It was a settlement call with several people present on the call - not some secret attempt to overturn the election. As far as the call with investigator Watson - out side of the fake quotes - the call was fine and Watson herself said she felt no pressure. 

The only wrongdoing in all of this is possibly leaking confidential phone calls, the shoddy reporting that WaPo at the time, and the other media that repeated the fake news without any journalistic integrity or standards of their own.
Wow. OK then. No point in going further I guess

The correction doesn’t change the gist of the story. The real problem remains the phone call itself. 

Direct Headline: Washington Post Correction Triggers Furious Debate About Whether False Report Influenced Georgia Senate Race

By Christina Zhao On 3/15/21 at 6:06 PM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/washington-post-correction-triggers-furious-debate-about-whether-false-report-influenced-georgia-1576326

Direct Headline: Trump Thanks Washington Post For Correction Of False Quotes, Calls For Election Fraud Investigation

Jake Grissom March 16, 2021

https://www.tampafp.com/trump-thanks-washington-post-for-correction-of-false-quotes-calls-for-election-fraud-investigation/

Direct Headline: The Washington Post's Fake Trump Quote Scandal Is a Lot Worse Than You Think

- NBC News reported it “confirmed The Post’s characterization of the Dec. 23 call through a source familiar with the conversation.

- USA Today claimed a “Georgia official speaking on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal matters confirmed the details of the call.”

- ABC News reported: “President Donald Trump phoned a chief investigator in Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger’s office asking the official to ‘find the fraud’ and telling this person they would be a ‘national hero’ for it, an individual familiar with the matter confirmed to ABC News.”

- PBS NewsHour and CNN likewise appeared to claim they independently “confirmed” the story through their own anonymous sources.

By Matt Margolis Mar 15, 2021 8:45 PM ET

https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/matt-margolis/2021/03/15/the-washington-posts-fake-trump-quote-scandal-is-a-lot-worse-than-you-think-n1432763

SHOUT THE LIE!

... but whisper the retraction....

I mean the guy actually stated the EXACT NUMBER of votes he needed! What the heck more do you people need? 

Direct Headline: Graham says Stacey Abrams 'conned' Georgia GOP into helping Biden win

By Dominick Mastrangelo - 12/10/20 12:42 PM EST

https://thehill.com/homenews/529650-graham-says-stacey-abrams-conned-georgia-gop-into-helping-biden-win

Direct Headline: Stacey Abrams Calls Georgia's Primary Election 'An Unmitigated Disaster'

Elena Moore Michel Martin June 12, 20206:06 PM ET

https://www.npr.org/2020/06/12/876088623/stacey-abrams-calls-georgias-primary-election-an-unmitigated-disaster

Trump should have let his lawyer do all the talking. Better yet, Trump should have gotten Philip Stark, who developed the Risk Limiting Audit, that Brad Raffensperger chose to avoid using post election, despite it being actual Georgia election law, to handle the phone call.

Raffensperger and Abrams enter into a "Consent Decree" which dramatically changes the landscape of the state's election process. Very likely in response to wanting Abrams to back off, as she called for Raffensperger to resign during the June primaries. He knew she was ballot harvesting/ballot chasing ( Can get you 850K+ new voters registered in one cycle by being squeaky clean? I think not)  and could get the votes to eventually push out Kemp down the road, and thus eventually turfing him as well.

Things Trump should have let his lawyer discuss

1) What was the justification for the Consent Decree with Abrams?

2) Why did Judge Amy Totenberg, an Obama appointee, legislate from the bench and overrule the Georgia legislature to implement the controversial Dominion system when it was initially rejected?

3) Why was there no discussion of legitimate DNC ticket contenders and ranking committee members Amy Klobuchar and Elizabeth Warren officially going on record during the primaries to question the election integrity of using Dominion systems?

4) Why did Stacey Abrams sister, a federal judge, not recuse herself from cases involving the election?

5) Why was a Risk Limiting Audit, as per developed by UCB Philip Stark, not implemented post election as per Georgia election law?

6) What explanation is there for the voter drop ( close to 30K votes at a 98 percent return for Biden) during Ruby Freeman's midnight ballot shoveling into the counting machine when no one was looking, after dragging suitcases of ballots from their hiding place under a table, that is statistically impossible. That voter drop defies all known understanding of mathematics and statistics in all of recorded human history.

7) Why did Raffensperger push through the rapid last minute change to DVS, at a cost of 107 million, against the old 30 million dollar tried and true/battle tested method, despite great controversy, when it didn't met the standards of a new system laid out by the Georgia legislature?

8.) Why was Abrams not more heavily investigated after donating 50K into the DNC campaign coffers despite being several hundred thousand dollars in personal debt?

So I "need answers to the above. And that's just to start.

And as for the Washington Post, they made an error, one that doesn’t change the gist of the story, and they corrected it. That doesn’t prove they’re biased; it proves the opposite. Slanted news sources tell lies; they don’t issue corrections. 

Direct Headline: Four Months After 2020 Presidential Election in Georgia No Chain of Custody Documents Produced for 404,000 Absentee Ballots Deposited in Drop Boxes; Fulton County One of 35 Scofflaw Counties

March 4, 2021 Tiffany Morgan

https://georgiastarnews.com/2021/03/04/four-months-after-2020-presidential-election-in-georgia-no-chain-of-custody-documents-produced-for-404000-absentee-ballots-deposited-in-drop-boxes-fulton-county-one-of-35-scofflaw-counties/

Here's a story that the Washington Post won't actually cover.

According to all traditional applications of the "honor code", any omission is the same thing as a lie.

I’ve kind of stopped coming to the PSF and threads like this are why.

1. Of course Trump was trying to overturn the election 

2. He did nothing criminal that I can tell but as usual he did something most would find immoral- <redacted statement about Trump so I don’t get a TO>

3. Of course WaPo is biased and ran an incorrect story - they should be held accountable (although I’m not sure it what way - I’m open to suggestions)

It’s always funny watching folks who have a side trip over themselves to protect their tribe.  I have no clue what you people think will happen if you speak ill of the people you usually support but I promise nothing bad will happen.

I’ve kind of stopped coming to the PSF and threads like this are why.

1. Of course Trump was trying to overturn the election 

2. He did nothing criminal that I can tell but as usual he did something most would find immoral- <redacted statement about Trump so I don’t get a TO>

3. Of course WaPo is biased and ran an incorrect story - they should be held accountable (although I’m not sure it what way - I’m open to suggestions)

It’s always funny watching folks who have a side trip over themselves to protect their tribe.  I have no clue what you people think will happen if you speak ill of the people you usually support but I promise nothing bad will happen.
See that's where you and I differ.  I sometimes come to the PSF specifically to see the hypocrisy and silliness that exists here.  Especially on topics like this, and Cuomo.  The defense of their tribe is comical.  Its entertaining to watch.  And I swear so much of it, especially from the most frequent posters here, are almost literally copied and pasted from an opinion piece on their preferred media outlets.

I already admitted I don’t know if what he did was an actual crime. I think it should be a crime. I think it was clearly wrong. Do you agree? 
I don`t like Trump but it is stories like this that make me almost try to defend him. The media in our country has become totally distorted by their hate of Trump to the point none of us really know what is the factual truth anymore.     When they say Russia tries to get the public to lose faith in the election process the media is causing us to lose faith in the truth in the reporting process.  Now I will go to 3-4 sites on the same story to see if I can figure out without slants what the actual story is.

Users who are viewing this thread