What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Greg Cosell's Running Back Evaluations (1 Viewer)

Some one who’s time passed him long ago giving his opinion.
He is well respected in the scouting community for his film evaluations.  I don't think he does rankings.   He's just one person and one shouldn't complete their opinions based on one person, but many.  As far as time passing Cosell, he's probably a better player evaluator than you or I.

He is well respected in the scouting community for his film evaluations.  I don't think he does rankings.   He's just one person and one shouldn't complete their opinions based on one person, but many.  As far as time passing Cosell, he's probably a better player evaluator than you or I.
I’m half joking but the game has clearly passed him by. He was decent back in the day.

No offense intended if you still like him.

While I disagree with some of Cossells views about players he is better than the hair or whoever at this is and I respect his opinion.

Where I think the game has passed him by is his definition of a foundation RB. The NFL has changed and does not make the running game a foundation of their offenses the way teams once did. So why is he still evaluating the players like that?

I disagree with his QB opinions the most.

Interesting observations in here.  I, for one, have immense respect for Greg Cosell.  He understands schemes and alignments, both offensive and defensive, incredibly well, and while his devotion to scouting college players is obviously a bit limited, he provides an interesting perspective on how a prospect's perceived skill set projects at the NFL level.  Perhaps some of Cosell's analysis could be skewed slightly by his work at NFL Films with archive footage, but I don't really see that.  Cosell is highly regarded for his NFL knowledge, both past and present, and I generally find his analysis throughout the season to be top notch.

Biabreakable said:
While I disagree with some of Cossells views about players he is better than the hair or whoever at this is and I respect his opinion.

Where I think the game has passed him by is his definition of a foundation RB. The NFL has changed and does not make the running game a foundation of their offenses the way teams once did. So why is he still evaluating the players like that?

I disagree with his QB opinions the most.
This was mostly what I was talking about. 

Users who are viewing this thread