What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

bcdjr1 has passed (1 Viewer)

AAABatteries

Footballguy
Many of you are probably saying, "who?". bcdjr1 joined this forum back in 2015 after I had talked about it for years. I'm not sure what prompted Bruce to join to be honest and he wasn't a frequent poster. I knew Bruce for 20 years as a co-worker, eventually my direct report and somewhat easily the smartest individual I've ever known. He was a complicated guy - very private, very opinionated and again, brilliant. We both were at Georgia Tech at the same time and due to him being a larger than life guy I recognized him the first day we worked together although we had never met.

Around here I think he participated in the Jeopardy thread (he ran a daily Jeopardy calendar game and I have no doubt if he was willing to go on camera would have done well on the show). I think he also frequented the pro wrestling and Marvel/DC threads. I honestly didn't know where to post this but I wanted to let the folks here know in case your paths had crossed.

RIP my friend.

Last edited:
my condolences to you triple a and all of his family friends and loved ones i hope that you may find as much peace as possible given the circumstances 

I recognize him from the Mandalorian, Marvel, Wresting, and Cobra Kai threads.  Seemed like a great guy.  Sorry to hear about his passing.  My condolences, RIP bcdjr1.

I'm sorry, AAA, truly. Lately I've just been feeling empathy and sorrow so often, lost someone I knew from high school, a girl I used to date, my Mother, my last Uncle. Just nothing but appreciation for the good people in the world around me. Treasure them when you see them and encounter them. My prayers for bcdjr1, he sounds like a good man - Take care. - SID.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you all for the kind words - I was trying to “thank” everyone and didn’t want to miss any and decided to post instead.

Bruce was the type of guy who would wonder what all the fuss is about - probably be a little embarrassed that people even remembered him.  He was definitely one of the most unique individuals I ever had the pleasure of knowing. 

I'm sorry, AAA, truly. Lately I've just been feeling empathy and sorrow so often, lost someone I knew from high school, a girl I used to date, my Mother, my last Uncle. Just nothing but appreciation for the good people in the world around me. Treasure them when you see them and encounter them. My prayers for bcdjr1, he sounds like a good man - Take care. - SID.
It’s so good to see you around GB - I’m very sorry to hear about your Mom and the other losses you’ve had.  You’ve been missed around here.

I did recognize the name from the Jeopardy thread. RIP.
He was quite possibly the worst Alex Trabek imitator ever :lmao:   We played calendar Jeopardy with him for years and he would harass us to no end when we didn’t get our answers in on time.  And the ******* won 90% of the time - as someone recalled he had an encyclopedia level knowledge of pop culture which always made me laugh as he was the last person you would ever expect it from.

One other quick story - back when the drinking a gallon of milk challenge was popular he did it and did it easy and made $100 off of us.  We asked him the next day how he felt and he said fine but his toilet was angry at us.   :lmao:  

Sorry for your losses SID. That sounds really difficult. Thoughts with you, man. Glad you have appreciation for the good people around you. Good to hear.

This makes me sad.  I certainly never knew him in real life but it seemed like every topic/thread I was interested in, I found him posting a lot and enjoyed his thoughts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Corporation said:
We crossed paths in a lot of the threads mentioned, particularly Marvel and Mandalorian.  Prayers for you and his family.

Insein said:
I've seen the name here and there. Probably in the Star Wars threads. Seemed like a decent guy as much as you can tell from a message board post. 

Sorry for your loss @AAABatteries
Bruce was a huge Star Wars and Marvel fan.  He would take a day off from work to go see a new movie in the theatre.  A group of us one time went to a movie together but I’m totally blanking on what it was - I believe a Marvel movie.  And he was a huge Hulk fan (at least back in the day).

Sorry GB. Looks like we had no threads in common so that's why I don't recognize the screen name but it seems like he was a good dude.

Good on you for letting everyone know.

RIP...  :banned:

So sorry to hear about this. I remember him.

We're getting old guys. I just had an XRay today on my shoulder that I injured while lifting a bag of Chinese food. 

That's not a joke. But it shows that we need to be taking care of ourselves. Go get that blood work done. Get the colonoscopy (My wife is up my rear on that one... See what I did there?). 

So sorry to hear about this. I remember him.

We're getting old guys. I just had an XRay today on my shoulder that I injured while lifting a bag of Chinese food. 

That's not a joke. But it shows that we need to be taking care of ourselves. Go get that blood work done. Get the colonoscopy (My wife is up my rear on that one... See what I did there?). 
I was telling my wife that some of us are starting to pass on and how sad it is. Seems like yesterday we were (allowed to) looking through Frank’n’Beans “who hottest?” threads and now we’re all talking about stock options and bum shoulders. 

I recognize him from the Mandalorian, Marvel, Wresting, and Cobra Kai threads.  Seemed like a great guy.  Sorry to hear about his passing.  My condolences, RIP bcdjr1.
He posted frequently in threads I was mainly interested in. Most listed above. 

Condolences and this is a bummer. 

AAA...my thoughts and prayers.

I just wanted to add one final word.  First, thank you to everyone for their well wishes and support - this community never ceases to amaze me and there’s a lot of truly wonderful people that post here.  Second, it truly does put a smile on my face to see so many of you remember Bruce and to fondly post about your interactions with him.  I wasn’t necessarily expecting that when I posted.  Thank you all.

Users who are viewing this thread