What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Good Times Ahead (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
I’m always an optimist anyhow but I honestly think things look bright:

1. Within a few more months, no more than a half a year, Covid is going to be behind us. I also think we will better prepared for future pandemics. 
2. The economy is going to be rebuilt mostly thanks to Biden’s Covid Relief deal. I love how it reduces child poverty as well. Look for an economic boom. 
3. We still have to deal with climate change but we’re back on the right track to doing so. 
4. Trumpism is dead. Hopefully the GOP will return to being a rational alternative to the left. But if it takes them a few years of losing in the meantime, we’ll muddle through. 
5. The New England Patriots won’t win another SB for years to come. Maybe not Brady either after this year. 

It’s all looking good! 

1. Within a few more months, no more than a half a year, Covid is going to be behind us. I also think we will better prepared for future pandemics. 
2. The economy is going to be rebuilt mostly thanks to Biden’s Covid Relief deal. I love how it reduces child poverty as well. Look for an economic boom. 
3. We still have to deal with climate change but we’re back on the right track to doing so. 
4. Trumpism is dead. Hopefully the GOP will return to being a rational alternative to the left. But if it takes them a few years of losing in the meantime, we’ll muddle through. 
5. The New England Patriots won’t win another SB for years to come. Maybe not Brady either after this year. 

It’s all looking good! 
1. Operation Warp Speed will still be successful and Trump still won't get the credit he deserves.
2. BLM/Antifa domestic terrorism and riots will actually get worse.
3. Bidens border crisis will get worse.
4. Taxes (and inflation) will increase due to the obscene amount of pork in the "Covid Relief".
5. Incompetent Dem Governors from NY, CA, and MI will be removed from office.
Bonus: Tampa Bay (and Tom Brady) will win the Superbowl again.

It’s all looking good! 

1. Operation Warp Speed will still be successful and Trump still won't get the credit he deserves.
4. Taxes (and inflation) will increase due to the obscene amount of pork in the "Covid Relief".
One of these seems more likely than the other 

I’m going with the 2nd one

Well aren't you a downer.
Not really, and I don’t even care all that much about politics honestly, but show me where I’m wrong.

It’s so clear what’s happening out there these days.  We’re a house divided against itself, while China is basically colonizing the South sea and Africa amongst other places.  China will win without even firing a bullet and all we’re worried about is wealth taxes, pregnant marines and Bill Burr jokes.

It’s all looking good! 
The Covid relief deal is going to help sink the economy in the long run.  As well as raising taxes. 

I still have a hard time wrapping my head around what future power grabs from international threats look like given our extraordinary nuclear capacity which makes mutually assured destruction very possible still. People forget about the nuclear threat somehow, as if it will never be used.

I worry more about rogue states acquiring and launching weapons than I do China, though I'm not entirely convinced that COVID wasn't a test biological warfare run. They try to hack into our power grids on the reg, what's a little biohack?

We're already losing the population battle to the Middle East and Pacific Rim. We are a house divided. We still, in the words of Trump (and he was right about this mean-spirited aside more than he knew) can't figure out and agree on which bathroom to use. It goes very deep. It goes to the core of identity.

in the US? or globally? 

It’s all looking good! 
This is one that I am not on board with.   

Meh - China will continue to quietly outflank us and gain outsized influence in the world while we’re all busy cancelling each other over TikTok videos, so any domestic “good times” will probably be short-lived anyway.
China should be a huge concern right now. When Biden said "come on man..China is no threat"  he could not have been more wrong.  They are playing chess while we are playing checkers.

None of this will happen.  

China should be a huge concern right now. When Biden said "come on man..China is no threat"  he could not have been more wrong.  They are playing chess while we are playing checkers.
At least we are playing checkers with a guy who doesn't look into the sun during an eclipse though.  

I'm a Democrat and I don't even know what "woke" is.  I think it's more of a right wing agitation point than a real phenomenon.  Like the migrant caravan was in 2018.  
I posted the definition to JB somewherte in the thread.  It is definitely a left wing phenomenon.  Personally I like to mess with it bacause too many of these people in general take themselves far too serious with it.  

I posted the definition to JB somewherte in the thread.  It is definitely a left wing phenomenon.  Personally I like to mess with it bacause too many of these people in general take themselves far too serious with it.  
What is it? I guess I hear right wingers talk about it more so I figured it was something Fox hammers on quite a bit.  

So people who believe they understand racial issues are woke?  What’s the problem?  Don’t both sides feel they understand the race issues facing this country?  Are both woke? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a Democrat and I don't even know what "woke" is.  I think it's more of a right wing agitation point than a real phenomenon.  Like the migrant caravan was in 2018.  
The whole woke stuff is pretty annoying all  around.

However take the latest “issue”. Dr. Seuss.

Dr. Seuss intellectual property owners choose to stop selling some books with some outdated stuff. Not sure if their hand was forced on this or they did it (people who are into this can tell me). To me this issue is now dead. Instead it becomes some culture war issue with Senators talking about it. 

Liberals are by no means blameless in this either.

Anyways I like @timschochet list. Let’s shoot for that.

It’s all looking good! 
This reminds me of Jennifer  Granholms  reelection promise of "in five years  your gonna be blown away".

I believe she is the head of Biden’s  energy department. 

I’m not running for anything. 
Sorry it was just a similar  prediction  about all the good stuff she was doing with the cool michigan  cities  initiative.   Spending tons of tax payer money on turning michigan into a movie making state.  (Gran Torino was made so there is that).    She was junk.

But im sure you are right again.

The economy will boom for the next 2 years, as states like California and NY open, schools open, people get stimulus checks and children are lifted out of poverty. (It would've  been Kaisich or Rubio overseeing this big recovery if there had been no Trump.) This will have an impact in the mid-terms. Long-term, it's hard to predict, but I have seen a trimming  of some jobs, leading to more efficiency, and my daughters who moved to LA & SF in the middle of the pandemic have jobs. 

Biden is at 54% approval - expect that number to go up. 

Even house Republicans are on board with the Biden recovery, while trying to play semantics: Republicans shamelessly take credit for Covid relief they voted against

WFT will win the next SB, and Ryan Fitzpatrick will be the MVP.

I’m very bullish on the future.  Who knows what medical advances will come out of this period.  If nothing else we’ve sped up the process. We’ve lost a lot of the older population which is obvious very sad. I know it’s a bit taboo to broach this subject, but how does having fewer elderly citizens affect the economy and things like Social Security going forward?

It's pretty unlikely that we'll experience another major pandemic in any of our lifetimes.  That said, I don't see how anybody could look at how we handled a relatively mild one like covid-19 and express confidence that we're well-prepared for the next one.  Our regulatory agencies lied to us about masks and drug their feet on vaccine approvals, and it feels as if there's only like a dozen or so of us who have any problem with that.  Also, let's not forget that it took about three months or so for everybody in the US just to casually accept that we just couldn't be bothered to do testing and contact tracing -- I still think it's kind of wild that we don't even talk about that anymore.    

Everybody has had just about enough of covid-19, but I think we all should be incredibly grateful to the gods of bat virology that covid isn't that contagious, isn't that deadly, and mostly just passes over young and healthy people.  This could have been vastly worse and I have zero faith that our response would have been any better. 

That said, I do take solace in knowing that New England now has to overpay for free agents like other mid-tier teams, so at least there's that.  

Users who are viewing this thread