What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Waiting/delayed/backorder due to covid (1 Viewer)

Punxsutawney Phil

Footballguy
I was rear ended in my year old truck at the beginning of February.  They are still waiting on a couple clips for the bumper, and apparently many parts from all the major manufacturers are experiencing major delays because of covid.

Ordered a new couch at Haverty's back in January, that is supposed to be here this month.  I have heard of several families waiting months for furniture.

All a small price to pay if they need to shut down factories to prevent the spread of the virus.  That being said, is anyone else experiencing major delays on anything?

TLDNR , look at me I got a new couch

Not me personally, but one of my office-mates ordered an elliptical in (I think) November.  The delivery date was originally going to be sometime in January -- slow due to covid of course -- and it's gotten pushed back a bunch of times since.  I know this because I get weekly updates on the status of her elliptical whether I specifically ask for them or not.  

This reminds me that I should track down the "Notes For My Co-Worker" thread sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been waiting on replacing my kids tiny child beds since ordering in October.  No ETA.  It's an issue with the ports we are told. 

I've heard the same for appliances, feeder bugs for my reptile, and tons of other things. It's starting to sound like an excuse or perhaps companies can't afford as much payroll so can't produce or ship as quickly thus due to covid.

Yep our 3 year old refrigerator is on the fritz.  Internal temperature won't drop below 52 degrees.  Repair man came and said it's $100 part however it's on back order due to covid.  The earliest we'd get it is May but it would be over the summer more than likely.  So after calling the manufacture they told my wife the same thing.  However we are getting a new fridge, same make and model at dealer cost...delivered next week.  So we'll get the other one repaired and I'll have a really nice garage fridge or we'll sell it.  Luckily both kids are doing college virtually and are at home so we are using their mini fridges to get by.  

That reminds me, I am also waiting on a refrigerator door.  Part of this is due to the repair guy ordering a new ice maker, and come to find out the entire door needs to be replaced.  He told me 4-6 weeks.  We have been buying ice and filling the ice maker since January.  

our dishwasher went bad in February (2020) or so...we bought a new in in March, didn't get delivery until November.

our dishwasher went bad in February (2020) or so...we bought a new in in March, didn't get delivery until November.
I had a similar thing with a refrigerator, ended up getting a really cheap model that was scratch and dent to get by while waiting for the replacement. 

We've been waiting on replacing my kids tiny child beds since ordering in October.  No ETA.  It's an issue with the ports we are told. 
Ports are backed up here in the US (Covid outbreaks amongst longshoreman, amongst shipping ports and in factories all among the contributors). So there is a backlog of ships sitting offshore waiting to be unloaded. The cascade of this is that there are all of these fully loaded containers waiting offload, so there are no containers heading back to the shipping ports, and there is a scarcity of shipping containers domestically for interstate trucking.

The lack domestically slows down the shipping from port (or factory for domestic manufacturing) to the final destination or warehouse, and the lack going back to shipping ports is slowing down any new shipments from overseas.

As ports get back up to operation (fortunately most longshoremen have been deemed essential and are moving up the list for vaccination which helps) it should help alleviate this, but everything I have heard from friends in the shipping/logistics arena is that they don't expect it to be back to close to "normal" for many months, if not longer.

As a distributor who gets weekly orders, I have had 90 % a handful of times in the last year.  More often than not it’s 30-60%.

Wife wants an inside sauna for new home.  Can't get one until December.

Just about everything and everyone is incredibly backed up forever right now

You should see the SoCal coastline right now.  WAY more barges out there waiting their turn than normal.  Ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach are two of the busiest in the world and the backup is incredible.

I am in construction management and I know for certain one of my assets has had delays with wrought iron fencing material delays due to COVID.  

I've been told by one of my manufacturers that they are only allowed 50% of their workforce inside the building due to covid personal space restrictions.

Also, there needs to be a time window between shifts so there is no overlap ... costing them another chunk of production time.

... all this on top of raw material shortages and depleted inventory from a 2 month shutdown.

Prettt much any remotely "newish" computer graphics card backordered until the end of the year, could be partially due to bitcoin mining though

I ordered one of these as a joke award for one of my partners who volunteered to work exclusively with covid patients. The order was placed July 30...and arrived December 31.

We’ve also been waiting months for a replacement window, new front door, gutters and house painting. Even if the raw materials are available, seems like most contractors are several months behind.

I ordered very hard to find computer parts in early January and just got them last week.  They tried to cancel a couple of times, but I said "No, I'll wait".  GPUs and CPUs are hard to find and people on the secondary market are charging huge profit margins.  I got them at MSRP and was happy.

Yeah, a lot of the US supply chain relies on parts from China. Ranging from major pieces to small, nearly insignificant plastic parts that are just cheaper to make over there, but are vital to making some thing work right.

How much are you going to trust some container ship that shows up at port straight from China? How comfortable are the dock workers going to be unloading it? What protocols and quarantines are going to be built into the process? Then think of how things move from warehouse to warehouse and truck to truck across the country... a lot of quarantine delays can add to the timeline.
Not sure what you’re getting at here, but I wouldn’t be too worried about SARS-CoV-2. China has done a much better job controlling infections than the US, and I imagine anyone sick would have time to declare themselves and/or allow it to run its course while crossing the ocean. Moreover, the virus wouldn’t survive on cargo for long.

Sofas are running way behind.  We are furnishing a condo and both our sofas were ordered months ago and still not shipped.  We had a dining room table issue as well but that one I'm not sure if it's Covid related or just a stock/discontinuation issue.  The sofas though they are having issues getting the chemicals for the fabric and stuffing is what I was told.  Our shutters are also at least 8-10 weeks behind as well.

Ordered an LG Washtower a few weeks back and was told it was back ordered 6-8 weeks. Based on what I'm seeing here that might be optimistic...

been waiting an extra 6 months for the 4th part of our sectional we bought.  other 3 pieces got delivered within 3weeks. 

Waiting on furniture...

Was waiting on a Pelaton until they started air-freighting them and got it last week...

Looked into a pool but that wait was too long...

I'm also waiting for FedEx to blame COVID for why they're so horrible at delivering things...

Waiting on furniture...

Was waiting on a Pelaton until they started air-freighting them and got it last week...

Looked into a pool but that wait was too long...

I'm also waiting for FedEx to blame COVID for why they're so horrible at delivering things...
Per friends who work with FedEx (Corporate offices / Hub / Pilots) they got way the #### behind due to the ice storm and are working overtime to get caught up. Shouldn't be TOO much longer.... or so they say. 

Ordered an LG Washtower a few weeks back and was told it was back ordered 6-8 weeks. Based on what I'm seeing here that might be optimistic...
Yeah, seeing lots of appliance delays being in the apartment/housing construction industry.  It's no joke.

We ordered a couch on February 15, just got an email today saying it’s scheduled for the middle of May and the other piece is coming in September.

[icon] said:
Per friends who work with FedEx (Corporate offices / Hub / Pilots) they got way the #### behind due to the ice storm and are working overtime to get caught up. Shouldn't be TOO much longer.... or so they say. 
What explains driving through my yard (ON THE WAY UP, NOT BACKING OUT) and hurling packages out of the window rather than getting out to set them on the ground?

I waited about 6 months total for a specific fishing kayak.  Ordered it early July through REI.  Early September REI send e an email saying it was no longer available.  Re-Ordered it through a dealer about 90 minutes away.  Was notified that it was in around Christmas but couldn’t pick it up until early January since they were closed for the holidays.

KGB said:
Just reading this thread makes me feel like all of my appliances are going to break tomorrow.
Oddly enough, came home from a lunchtime walk to find my fridge had defrosted all over the kitchen floor. Due to our kitchen setup, we can only do side by side, and all our other appliances are black. Searched side-by-side fridges in black on Best Buy. 21 of 22 were unavailable in my zip code. The one available was the same POS I am already replacing.

Edit: Spent $75 on a service call and he could find no issue. I reset the circuit breaker in the garage on a whim (it was not popped) and it has worked since. So I have no idea why it stopped, started again, stopped again, and now seems to be working. I am now wondering if I have a #### electrical issue? Ugh.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: KGB
Oddly enough, came home from a lunchtime walk to find my fridge had defrosted all over the kitchen floor. Due to our kitchen setup, we can only do side by side, and all our other appliances are black. Searched side-by-side fridges in black on Best Buy. 21 of 22 were unavailable in my zip code. The one available was the same POS I am already replacing.

Edit: Spent $75 on a service call and he could find no issue. I reset the circuit breaker in the garage on a whim (it was not popped) and it has worked since. So I have no idea why it stopped, started again, stopped again, and now seems to be working. I am now wondering if I have a #### electrical issue? Ugh.
When was the last time you vacuumed the dirt out of the coils underneath?

I know absolutely nothing about fridges other than they have a compressor, so maybe there is a safety switch that shuts it off if the compressor gets too hot.  And if things are dirty that compressor may have been working really hard.

Just a thought.

When was the last time you vacuumed the dirt out of the coils underneath?

I know absolutely nothing about fridges other than they have a compressor, so maybe there is a safety switch that shuts it off if the compressor gets too hot.  And if things are dirty that compressor may have been working really hard.

Just a thought.
Thanks. Had a technician out and he spent an hour here. Basically tore it apart and put it back together again. He found nothing wrong but I imagine everything is spot and shiny now. Though the fridge does make a whiny sort of noise occasionally that it never had before. I imagine some air got in something somewhere. Anyways, it is running now so who knows? Your overheating sensor theory is as good as any!

Users who are viewing this thread