What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBI being asked to circle back on Brett Kavanaugh by Senator Whitehouse (1 Viewer)

Sabertooth

Footballguy
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/mar/16/fbi-brett-kavanaugh-background-check-fake

I'm glad they are circling back on Kavanaugh.  He was awful in his interviews and never should have been confirmed.  Hopefully they will do a real background check on him that includes....oh I don't know...interviews with his accusers and himself.  I can't imagine the level of arrogance he has now.  

And it's not even FFFFFFFriday.  
The triumphant return of boffing and Squee?

What has Kavanaugh done since being appointed that warrants being replaced?
I think he's been surprisingly judicial.  This would be an attempt at an actual investigation into rape allegations before that time though.   

Last edited by a moderator:
And everyone knows that. It's just that our resident Team Blue friend, Sabertooth, is back with unyielding credulity and an unflinching and cheerled-look into the heart of the machine's politics.

That article is...uh....interesting.

"Harrowing testimony" 

That's an interesting way to describe a tara reade style narrative. 

This is dumb.....he has the temperment of a high school kid.  That's clear to everyone, but he has his appointment...time to move on.  

If there are criminal charges he should face, investigate away. However, I doubt that is the case. I suspect we are past the statute of limitations.

While I agree a full investigation should have been conducted before he was confirmed, the only point if it now would be to make political hay with it. I am 100% against FBI politization like this.

If there are criminal charges he should face, investigate away. However, I doubt that is the case. I suspect we are past the statute of limitations.

While I agree a full investigation should have been conducted before he was confirmed, the only point if it now would be to make political hay with it. I am 100% against FBI politization like this.
Agreed.  If there is something new that has come to light go ahead and look into it but the time for a full blown investigation has come and gone.

Even if it was inside the limitations there was precious little in detail to go on.  The primary witness didn't remember when or where this allegedly happened nor many other details about the function in question.  

This is dumb.....he has the temperment of a high school kid.  That's clear to everyone, but he has his appointment...time to move on.  
I did not like him at all during the confirmation hearings but from what I have read before and after he is a well respected judge who makes good decisions.   I don`t want a pattern starting here and then Circling Back on the Tare Reade allegations against Biden too.

I'm certain this is about justice for the accused and not even a little bit political in nature.

Even if it was inside the limitations there was precious little in detail to go on.  The primary witness didn't remember when or where this allegedly happened nor many other details about the function in question.  
There are other allegations that weren't investigated at all. I think this is more what some might have in mind.

Reading more about this, it seems like Senator Whitehouse is more interested in investigating what happened within the FBI. This seems like it should be done.

This must go back to the Garland snub I am guessing.

I do like this interesting twist that Garland was approved to be AG in a 70-30 vote, which includes enough republican support that would have confirmed him as a supreme court justice
They would have never confirmed him because McConnell is a treasonous jackal and obviously had zero tolerance for independent thought under his leadership.

Summer Wheat said:
I did not like him at all during the confirmation hearings but from what I have read before and after he is a well respected judge who makes good decisions.   I don`t want a pattern starting here and then Circling Back on the Tare Reade allegations against Biden too.
This may all be true and so far, I don't see a huge problem with his positions thus far.  That doesn't change the fact he has temperment issues.  They are clear and not in dispute IMO.  

This may all be true and so far, I don't see a huge problem with his positions thus far.  That doesn't change the fact he has temperment issues.  They are clear and not in dispute IMO.  
What misconduct on SCOTUS has he shown that you conclude he has temperament issues?  I haven't heard anything and a search turns up nothing but mudslinging from 2018.

What misconduct on SCOTUS has he shown that you conclude he has temperament issues?  I haven't heard anything and a search turns up nothing but mudslinging from 2018.
Clearly he should have handled being falsely accused of sexual assault with much more class. That being a stigma is a myth. He probably is racist too and hasnt done the work. 

hold up...Kavanaugh isn't the subject of this inquiry - the FBI's "investigation" is.

this isn't an attempt to remove Kavanaugh.  This is questioning if the FBI did their due-diligence or not.

Among the concerns listed in Whitehouse’s letter to Garland are allegations that some witnesses who wanted to share their accounts with the FBI could not find anyone at the bureau who would accept their testimony and that it had not assigned any individual to accept or gather evidence.

“This was unique behavior in my experience, as the Bureau is usually amenable to information and evidence; but in this matter the shutters were closed, the drawbridge drawn up, and there was no point of entry by which members of the public or Congress could provide information to the FBI,” Whitehouse said.

He added that, once the FBI decided to create a “tip line”, senators were not given any information on how or whether new allegations were processed and evaluated. While senators’ brief review of the allegations gathered by the tip line showed a “stack” of information had come in, there was no further explanation on the steps that had been taken to review the information, Whitehouse said.

“This ‘tip line’ appears to have operated more like a garbage chute, with everything that came down the chute consigned without review to the figurative dumpster,” he said.

I don't think this is known
I think it is, but lets say you disagree and are in the camp of we don't know for sure.

It doesnt even matter. If you are going to make a judgment about his temperament you are hinging it on whether or not he is guilty of what he was accused of. If he is not guilty, which obviously somebody that is arguing we don't know for sure, has to acknowledge is a possibility, then how can we judge his behavior? 

If you think it is known for sure that he did what he was accused of, then what is the point of the temperament conversation? "I mean yeah, he sexually assaulted me, but sure was real polite"

The temperament comments are just a BS way of trying to make it seem like you are making a non partisan evaluation of him or that you think that even if falsely accused he should just sit there and take it, which to me is more absurd than believing Swetnick.  

It simply isn't a valid talking point without other examples of it, which as Sand pointed out sure seems to be lacking.

I don't think this is known
of course it is not known, but he knows that.  i would bet a lot of money he did it for a number of reasons including that Ford was more credible, had previously told her therapist about it and the general Porky's culture that prevailed at the relevant time.  Oh, and the fact that he lied about such obvious things (devil's triangle) in an effort to hide his Porky's lifestyle, which again was no doubt prevalent at the time.

But, it is over.  he is appointed now.  move on.

In conclusion, it would totally be fair play for Dems to use their majorities (see also: mandate) to somehow muscle a seat back. They won't but I wish they would.

This is a dishonest question given my comment.  The hearings leading up to his appointment clearly illustrated what I am talking about.  I was pretty "meh" on him until his performance.  It' was brutally bad and incredibly disappointing to me :shrug:  

hold up...Kavanaugh isn't the subject of this inquiry - the FBI's "investigation" is.

this isn't an attempt to remove Kavanaugh.  This is questioning if the FBI did their due-diligence or not.
These are some of my favorites posts around here - tons of arguments about a misleading headline* and then somebody drops some solid info - thanks for this.

*I’m assuming and taking molecules post at face value.

This is a dishonest question given my comment.  The hearings leading up to his appointment clearly illustrated what I am talking about.  I was pretty "meh" on him until his performance.  It' was brutally bad and incredibly disappointing to me :shrug:  
yet that was known at the time and he was confirmed regardless.  

There are no do-overs for a for-life appointment.

Kavanaugh has his seat.  isn't nothing gonna get him out, barring impeachment, which would only be subject to anything he has done since the confirmation.

These are some of my favorites posts around here - tons of arguments about a misleading headline* and then somebody drops some solid info - thanks for this.

*I’m assuming and taking molecules post at face value.
read the article.  It takes literally 30 seconds to skim.

Here's the title: FBI facing allegation that its 2018 background check of Brett Kavanaugh was ‘fake’

read the article.  It takes literally 30 seconds to skim.

Here's the title: FBI facing allegation that its 2018 background check of Brett Kavanaugh was ‘fake’
And by 'fake' they mean the FBI did not go on a bunch of wild goose chases.  The New York Times did print a bunch of those tabloid allegations, each and every one proved impossible to be true. 

These never ending investigations in Washington are exhausting.  How about we get the damn potholes fixed on I91?

yet that was known at the time and he was confirmed regardless.  

There are no do-overs for a for-life appointment.

Kavanaugh has his seat.  isn't nothing gonna get him out, barring impeachment, which would only be subject to anything he has done since the confirmation.
Right.....time to move on despite the problem

And by 'fake' they mean the FBI did not go on a bunch of wild goose chases.  The New York Times did print a bunch of those tabloid allegations, each and every one proved impossible to be true. 
don't tell me what they mean if you haven't read the article.

I am confident this is one Senator Windbag and Merrick Garland will politely take his letter under advisement and then do nothing.

don't tell me what they mean if you haven't read the article.
I read the article. They were #####ing about not following up the leads on the tip line.  The FBI investigated the Ford allegation.  There were only three other people at the alleged party which only Ford remembered. Who the heck else were they supposed to interview?  

I seriously was going to post this article showing how stupid and spiteful the Democrats are.  But here it was already posted and everything thinking how great it is.  :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread