What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

People who get overly excited for their birthday as an adult (1 Viewer)

My philosophy is if you have a birthday and you want to make a big deal of it...great! Have fun. If it’s Tuesday and you want to make a big deal of it...great! Have fun. What do I care. 

We are finishing a pandemic and have weekly mass shootings in this country, the last thing we need is people having less fun. Do what makes you happy and what won’t send you into an office building with 3 military grade weapons strapped to your chest. 

My philosophy is if you have a birthday and you want to make a big deal of it...great! Have fun. If it’s Tuesday and you want to make a big deal of it...great! Have fun. What do I care. 

We are finishing a pandemic and have weekly mass shootings in this country, the last thing we need is people having less fun. Do what makes you happy and what won’t send you into an office building with 3 military grade weapons strapped to your chest. 
New meds?

Just another excuse to drink.  Which I love 
Same.  I don't get "overly excited" about it, but I always plan a little get-together for local friends on the closest Saturday to my birthday.  Just an excuse to bring people together for beers or whatever.  Last year I celebrated at an open-air brewery here in town, and will likely do the same this year since we're all COVID-y.  I don't expect or even want gifts, although I won't turn down a free beer or shot.  :lol:  

My wife and I each have an agreement that on our birthdays we get to choose what we want to do, so I generally look forward to it.  It usually means that I get the day to myself since most of my top interests aren't shared by her.  This past birthday involved 20 miles of mountain biking by myself in the morning, followed by copious amounts of beer in the afternoon with some friends.  Granted, that's not too different from a typical day for me, but it's rare I get to do these things without a barrage of complaints from her.

Yeah, I get the old "why don't you want to spend the day with your family on your birthday" speech every year.  
My birthday is probably the only day of the year I don't get this speech.  

My mom, however, always gives me #### for not wanting to spend my birthday with them.  I ignore her happy birthday call on my actual birthday now so that I can get a full day in with nobody complaining about what I do/don't want to do.

I take my birthday off every year, simply because I'd rather be anywhere than work. And if I say I am taking off for my birthday, no one gives me any crap for it.

The worst. 

If you are dating someone, and she spends a month celebrating her birthday, and you wind up marrying her, you lose all rights to later complain about her. 

NYC has so many Basic women, I am sure there are plenty everywhere, but I don't know how many times I've seen groups of women, and they're rolling their eyes at their friend who goes on about their birthday. 

The worst. 

If you are dating someone, and she spends a month celebrating her birthday, and you wind up marrying her, you lose all rights to later complain about her. 

NYC has so many Basic women, I am sure there are plenty everywhere, but I don't know how many times I've seen groups of women, and they're rolling their eyes at their friend who goes on about their birthday. 
My sister in law has “birthday month”. Pretty much all of June.  Terrible 

Users who are viewing this thread