What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Keeper League Help!!! (1 Viewer)

ff.dude

Footballguy
Hey guys!

This is my toughest keeper decision yet, and I'm curious to see what the community thinks. Which 3 would you keep?

10 man / 2QB / non-ppr 

Keeper League Rules: Players drafted within the first three rounds aren't allowed to be kept. Players can be kept for a maximum of 3 years before they get put back in the pool or traded away. Players kept forever cost their original draft capital and FA's = 12th round pick. 

**If I select 3 keepers with the same draft capital, for example: Jalen Hurts, Justin Herbert, Nick Chubb. I would then lose draft picks 12,13,14.

1. Nick Chubb #12th round pick

2. Cam Akers #4th round pick

3. D'Andre Swift #6th round pick

4. Travis Kelce #4th round pick

5. Justin Herbert #12th round pick

6. Jalen Hurts #12th round pick

***Sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say is a manager is allowed to keep a player for maximum 3 years. Once that timeline is up they either have to put him back in the draft pool or trade him away.

If traded away the new manager takes on the players original draft cost. (This is what I meant by a player being kept “forever”. I shouldn’t have used that word!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys!

This is my toughest keeper decision yet, and I'm curious to see what the community thinks. Which 3 would you keep?

10 man / 2QB / non-ppr 

Keeper League Rules: Players drafted within the first three rounds aren't allowed to be kept. Players can be kept for a maximum of 3 years before they get put back in the pool or traded away. Players kept forever cost their original draft capital and FA's = 12th round pick. 

**If I select 3 keepers with the same draft capital, for example: Jalen Hurts, Justin Herbert, Nick Chubb. I would then lose draft picks 12,13,14.

1. Nick Chubb #12th round pick

2. Cam Akers #4th round pick

3. D'Andre Swift #6th round pick

4. Travis Kelce #4th round pick

5. Justin Herbert #12th round pick

6. Jalen Hurts #12th round pick
The two bolded statements are contradictory.  Can you keep them forever or a max of 3 years?  If it is 3 yr max, how many years left do you have each of your choices?

I would keep them in the order below based on not having answers to my questions above.

1. Herbert in a no brainer in the 12th for a 2 QB league
  2. Chubb is a no brainer in the 12th
  3. Kelce is such a difference maker I would keep him no matter what round.  
  4. Hurts in the 12th due to it being a 2QB league
  5. Akers
  6. Swift

I had little relevant input to give here because I'm so unfamiliar with the format. But those two statements confused me at first too. I'm thinking that "Players kept forever cost their original draft capital" just means "Players that you keep will always cost their original draft capital". I.e., rather than costing a higher draft pick each year, they are limited to 3 years total, but the lost pick stays the same each of those 3 years.

Sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say is a manager is allowed to keep a player for maximum 3 years. Once that timeline is up they either have to put him back in the draft pool or trade him away.

If traded away the new manager takes on the players original draft cost. (This is what I meant by a player being kept “forever”. I shouldn’t have used that word!)

Ahhh, I see now, so the same draft round price tag on the player is always tagged on him no matter where he goes. Interesting!

Our league loves it. It's a system that rewards those who put in the work! The most fun, fair and active league I've ever been in

So I wouldn't consider myself an advanced ff mgr. but my 2 cents...  Herbert at 12 in 2qb leagues looks like a no brainer. With QBs at a premium, perhaps Hurts is too.  But you have a strong hand here. Chubb is a monster on an improving team... at 12,  he is my next pick.  And the fact that Kelse has almost no peers... and went in the 1st Rd of my league last year. And you have him at a 4... his body of work and his QBs trust in him is hard to ignore. I'd take Kelce over Hurts and lean towards targeting WR, RB, QB in the 1st 3 rounds of your draft. 

My league is adopting 2QB next yr. I'm assuming the QBs fly off the board a lot sooner. So I'm interested in how others weigh in.  

Users who are viewing this thread