Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Boy CNN tried to make the Atlanta shootings all about race


Recommended Posts

I was browsing this morning and thought they really better be sure.  Because they went all in on the racist angle.

Well they weren't sure.  I know you guys hate FOX news here and I can respect that.  

But to try to claim that CNN isn't as bad as FOX shows absurd hypocrisy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, -fish- said:

The shooting was about race.   Should they have claimed it wasn't?

Atlanta police sure think it was about race.

I'm not seeing it in the link other than police giving extra patrols to Asian businesses.  I'd say that was appropriate to make those business owners feel more secure but it doesn't speak to what the police feel this one guy's motivation was.  

Edited by Shula-holic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, John123 said:

On my phone so no link I read the perp told the police it was related to a sex addiction, not race.

He blamed his sex addiction on Asian women, which is why his victims were Asian women.  Fetishism of Asian women is racist.   He shot up an Asian massage parlor and then drove 27 miles to another Asian massage parlor.   That's not a coincidence.  That's a racially motivated crime.   

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, -fish- said:

He blamed his sex addiction on Asian women, which is why his victims were Asian women.  Fetishism of Asian women is racist.   He shot up an Asian massage parlor and then drove 27 miles to another Asian massage parlor.   That's not a coincidence.  That's a racially motivated crime.   

He also killed 2 whites woman and shot a Hispanic guy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, -fish- said:

He blamed his sex addiction on Asian women, which is why his victims were Asian women.  Fetishism of Asian women is racist.   He shot up an Asian massage parlor and then drove 27 miles to another Asian massage parlor.   That's not a coincidence.  That's a racially motivated crime.   

You're saying it's not a coincidence that he shot up two massage parlors and the women that worked at both happened to be Asian? 

Ok

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

The 21-year-old man suspect in Tuesday’s rampage told police he had an “addiction to sex” and described the massage parlors as a “temptation he wanted to eliminate,” authorities said. But the white gunman, who has been charged with multiple counts of murder, allegedly denied any racial motivation despite a witness report that he shouted, “I am going to kill all Asians,” as he shot his victims, according to South Korean newspaper The Chosun Ilbo.

Seems racist.   

link

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am not saying it's true or not, but it could be both.  A crime can be racially motivated, and others could be caught in the crime. 

So he coukd have been in love with a white girl, targeted her, and the Asians happened to bevthe collateral damage. .but no...has to be racism. Even if he specifically says it wasn't racism.....you all are gonna make it that.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am not saying it's true or not, but it could be both.  A crime can be racially motivated, and others could be caught in the crime. 

True what? He told authorities he had a sex addiction and wanted to eliminate the temptation. The guy is an f’n loon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

love with a white girl, targeted her, and the Asians happened to bevthe collateral damage. .

Collateral damage? Was in in love with white woman in 2 different locations?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why would he lie? He got caught. Admitted to it. Being the white supremacist he was portrayed as earlier by your manipulative media (which by the way has severely backed off from) why wouldn't he make sure everyone knew he did this because he hates Asians and things need to be done?  After all its his agenda right??  Seems silly to come off it now.  

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Fun. A witness report.  Well im sold

An unnamed witness quoted in a korean publication. 

Eta: Actually it is an unkown source that allegedly told somebody this and that unkown recipient of said information is who gave it to the chosun ilbo. 

Edited by parasaurolophus
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Why would he lie? He got caught. Admitted to it. Being the white supremacist he was portrayed as earlier by your manipulative media (which by the way has severely backed off from) why wouldn't he make sure everyone knew he did this because he hates Asians and things need to be done?  After all its his agenda right??  Seems silly to come off it now.  

Exactly 

If it was race related why would he say otherwise? Makes no sense

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

True what? He told authorities he had a sex addiction and wanted to eliminate the temptation. The guy is an f’n loon. 

I am saying both can be true - a certain race can be the target/be the motivation, and other races can be hurt in the process.  That's all.  People seem to be insinuating that it can't be a racially against Asians because a couple white ladies also lost their lives.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

apparently “he was fed up.  he’d had a really bad day, and this is what he did.”

Edited by joffer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jobarules said:

Exactly 

If it was race related why would he say otherwise? Makes no sense

 

 

13 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

True what? He told authorities he had a sex addiction and wanted to eliminate the temptation. The guy is an f’n loon. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

Why would he lie? He got caught. Admitted to it. Being the white supremacist he was portrayed as earlier by your manipulative media (which by the way has severely backed off from) why wouldn't he make sure everyone knew he did this because he hates Asians and things need to be done?  After all its his agenda right??  Seems silly to come off it now.  

Because who got killed isn't really important, its how the deaths can be used in the racist labeling game for political gain.  That's it, that's all people are reading about and arguing about, forget about the non-asians killed they were all just a few more pieces on the chess board (at least the ones with the right skin color).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

I am saying both can be true - a certain race can be the target/be the motivation, and other races can be hurt in the process.  That's all.  People seem to be insinuating that it can't be a racially against Asians because a couple white ladies also lost their lives.  

No.  People are saying stop immediately labeling it as such until you know more.

Racism equals ratings.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In the course of his travels from Asian massage parlor to Asian massage parlor, he didn't pass any adult book stores?  strip clubs?  other temptations for his "sex addiction?"   only shooting up Asian massage parlors was going to help with his bad day?

It's amazing the lengths people will go on these boards to ignore the obvious in favor of trying to make everything some evil leftist conspiracy.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, -fish- said:

In the course of his travels from Asian massage parlor to Asian massage parlor, he didn't pass any adult book stores?  strip clubs?  other temptations for his "sex addiction?"   only shooting up Asian massage parlors was going to help with his bad day?

It's amazing the lengths people will go on these boards to ignore the obvious in favor of trying to make everything some evil leftist conspiracy.   

Guess you missed this little nugget too

and may have frequented some of these places in the past."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, -fish- said:

In the course of his travels from Asian massage parlor to Asian massage parlor, he didn't pass any adult book stores?  strip clubs?  other temptations for his "sex addiction?"   only shooting up Asian massage parlors was going to help with his bad day?

It's amazing the lengths people will go on these boards to ignore the obvious in favor of trying to make everything some evil leftist conspiracy.   

I bet he drove past plenty of chinese restaurants too. But he probably didnt frequent any of them. 

  • Thinking 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, -fish- said:

In the course of his travels from Asian massage parlor to Asian massage parlor, he didn't pass any adult book stores?  strip clubs?  other temptations for his "sex addiction?"   only shooting up Asian massage parlors was going to help with his bad day?

It's amazing the lengths people will go on these boards to ignore the obvious in favor of trying to make everything some evil leftist conspiracy.   

Considering only one he's likely to have sex at, it's very possible.  For all I know he could have been a racist, but I don't know.  None of us do, so talking in declarative ways about it is foolish.  What I do know is he's a scumbag who killed eight people.  He might or might not be a racist.  But not all killers or scumbags are racists, some are just bad humans in general.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Why would he lie? He got caught. Admitted to it. Being the white supremacist he was portrayed as earlier by your manipulative media (which by the way has severely backed off from) why wouldn't he make sure everyone knew he did this because he hates Asians and things need to be done?  After all its his agenda right??  Seems silly to come off it now.  

Why would a sociopath mass murderer lie?   Gee, I don't know.   Guess we should just take his word for it.   He seems like such a solid, trustworthy individual.   

Edited by -fish-
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shula-holic said:

Considering only one he's likely to have sex at, it's very possible.  For all I know he could have been a racist, but I don't know.  None of us do, so talking in declarative ways about it is foolish.  What I do know is he's a scumbag who killed eight people.  He might or might not be a racist.  But not all killers or scumbags are racists, some are just bad humans in general.

There are reports of an eyewitness hearing him say he was going to kill all Asians.   Assuming that is true, will you then accept the obvious fact that this was racially motivated?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shula-holic said:

Considering only one he's likely to have sex at, it's very possible.  For all I know he could have been a racist, but I don't know.  None of us do, so talking in declarative ways about it is foolish.  What I do know is he's a scumbag who killed eight people.  He might or might not be a racist.  But not all killers or scumbags are racists, some are just bad humans in general.

Sorry that isn't enough anymore. Has to be about race. Has to be. We're desensitized to mass killings in this country. The only way to sell is to make it something more

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, -fish- said:

There are reports of an eyewitness hearing him say he was going to kill all Asians.   Assuming that is true, will you then accept the obvious fact that this was racially motivated?

I would absolutely accept that if it turns out to be true. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Why would a sociopath mass murderer lie?   Gee, I don't know.   Guess we should just take his word for hit.   He seems like such a solid, trustworthy individual.   

Why woukd a white supremacist not want to spread his message of hate?  After all that's what they do.  Why stop now. He has the loudest microphone in America right now 

Edited by supermike80
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, -fish- said:

There are reports of an eyewitness hearing him say he was going to kill all Asians.   Assuming that is true, will you then accept the obvious fact that this was racially motivated?

From a South Korean news source?  I'm not familiar with South Korean media so if you are and can tell me how reputable it is then that would be fair.  My question would be the following:  Is there a reason CNN, who is headquartered within an hour of these sites by the way, wouldn't be reporting this as fact if it were so?  I would think given their wall to wall coverage on this they'd want to disclose this.

 

That said, yes 100% if it proves out to be true.  I'm not sure what it gets us.  I admit that I hope it isn't because these things tear us apart these days.  Then we get into wanting to make the actions of one deranged man some greater societal issue.

Edited by Shula-holic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Huh.  Guess the NYPD thinks it was racist too:

Quote

NBC News: Out of an abundance of caution the NYPD has deployed Critical Response Command (CRC) units to Asian communities citywide following a series of shooting incidents in Atlanta which could have been directed toward the Asian community.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s too soon to determine either way. He told the police that he was on his way to Florida for additional targets. I’d be interested to find out where he was targeting there. If it’s additional Asian massage parlors, it still doesn’t prove anything. Nor does him claiming it was due to sex addition when talking to police or that people of other races were also killed.

The most likely answer is that both are true. He probably has sex addiction issues, either real or perceived from a strict Christian upbringing. But that doesn’t stop him from specifically targeting Asian women as the cause of his issues.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, -fish- said:

There are reports of an eyewitness hearing him say he was going to kill all Asians.   Assuming that is true, will you then accept the obvious fact that this was racially motivated?

so anonymous source or does this witness have a name or is on live on camera?   I have no idea if this lunatic is racist or not but remember "hands up don't shoot".  More recently the Washington Post with Trump quotes on Georgia?

the media is mistrusted more than at any time and it is well deserved.  they are garbage & driven by money, not integrity & sure as heck not accuracy.  HEADLINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   4 days later small retraction.  garbage.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...