Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Boy CNN tried to make the Atlanta shootings all about race


Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

I hate RO, but I find nothing wrong with this. Its parody and satire. If this is offensive then pack it in and lets just abolish all forms of stand up comedy and jokes. 

Edited by glvsav37
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, glvsav37 said:

I hate RO, but I find nothing wrong with this. Its parody and satire. If this is offensive then pack it in and lets just abolish all forms of stand up comedy and joke. 

 :confused:Comedians get in trouble all the time for parody and satire.   This is racist and would never fly today.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

 :confused:Comedians get in trouble all the time for parody and satire.   This is racist and would never fly today.

so now accents are racist??? 

No more russian hit man accents?
No more Middle eastern confusion of words accents?  
No more french accents that make them sound elitist towards Americans? 

 

Damn, some people need to unwind their panties.

 

I say this all the time...we need to separate "Racism" and "Stereotype" We have intertwined them way too tightly. 

Edit: this just came across my TikTok feed....can we get a ruling here? 

Edited by glvsav37
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Let’s get back to why this is a big story in the first place. It’s a big story because over the last year the amount of hate crime incidents against Asian Americans have gone through the roof- from less than 100 nationwide in 2019 to over 3800 against Asian women alone in 2020. That’s not a coincidence and the media didn’t create it. CNN didn’t make those hate crimes happen; in fact many Asian American activists have complained that it hadn’t been reported on enough, that until now they’ve largely been invisible. 
 

So of course when some nut goes on a shooting spree and 6 of his 8 victims are Asian women, people are going to make assumptions. Of course it’s going to be a huge story and the media is going to examine the possibility of racist motivation in full, from the beginning. I’m not sure what you guys are expecting; they would be derelict not to report it exactly the way they did. 

Well you have one side of the numbers.   What groups have been attacking Asian Americans?

Can you get that info?  Seems relavant.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, John123 said:

It's consistent with the other evidence we have counselor.

You mean selectively targeting and murdering Asian women?  That evidence?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jon_mx said:

The NYPD created an Asian Hate Crime Task Force last summer, which is composed of 25 detectives of Asian descent in hopes of encouraging victims to report crimes to the police while building a better rapport with the community.  So we have 25 full time people and 'hate crimes' arrests rise from 3 to 28.  LA has a similar situation.  A better theory is, we are seeing an increase in reporting because we are now actively searching for these crimes.  

Probably just coincidence that some of hate crimes reported the people doing the crime saying things like "you're the reason covid is here", and "this is because of China virus".  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Probably just coincidence that some of hate crimes reported the people doing the crime saying things like "you're the reason covid is here", and "this is because of China virus".  

How many?  One, two?  It just takes one and it becomes all of them to the media. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, jon_mx said:

How many?  One, two?  It just takes one and it becomes all of them to the media. 

Dunno, but it shouldn't happen at all.  People are ignorant.  

I don't think your theory would account for 10x the jump in crimes though.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, glvsav37 said:

so now accents are racist??? 

No more russian hit man accents?
No more Middle eastern confusion of words accents?  
No more french accents that make them sound elitist towards Americans? 

 

Damn, some people need to unwind their panties.

 

I say this all the time...we need to separate "Racism" and "Stereotype" We have intertwined them way too tightly. 

Edit: this just came across my TikTok feed....can we get a ruling here? 

Not sure Sebastian Maniscalco survives this

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Probably just coincidence that some of hate crimes reported the people doing the crime saying things like "you're the reason covid is here", and "this is because of China virus".  

That's terrible, of course.  It would be totally unjustified to attack a random Chinese person because you're mad about covid, and it's even more unjustified to attack a random Asian-American because you're mad about covid.

That said, covid did actually originate from China, all of us should be unhappy with how the Chinese government has handled the pandemic, and there's nothing wrong with saying so.  None of this stuff should be up for debate.

Edited by IvanKaramazov
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

That's terrible, of course.  It would be totally unjustified to attack a random Chinese person because you're mad about covid, and it's even more unjustified to attack a random Asian-American because you're mad about covid.

That said, covid did actually originate from China, all of us should be unhappy with how the Chinese government has handled the pandemic, and there's nothing wrong with saying so.  None of this stuff should be up for debate.

I disagree with 0% of this post, and I think most said as much around here.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

That's terrible, of course.  It would be totally unjustified to attack a random Chinese person because you're mad about covid, and it's even more unjustified to attack a random Asian-American because you're mad about covid.

That said, covid did actually originate from China, all of us should be unhappy with how the Chinese government has handled the pandemic, and there's nothing wrong with saying so.  None of this stuff should be up for debate.

If anyone wants to punch out the China government at the grocery store, I'll drive getaway. 

Doesn't remotely excuse people attacking someone they think is Chinese. I know that you know this. I'm just saying.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bad timing for DeShaun

Quote

Deshaun Watson accused of sexually assaulting a massage therapist

The Houston Texans quarterback is accused of sexually assaulting a massage therapist in December 2020, according to the latest civil lawsuit filed against him by Houston attorney Tony Buzbee. Two previous civil lawsuits were filed by Buzbee against Watson earlier this week, both of which Watson denied as "baseless."

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, glvsav37 said:

so now accents are racist??? 

No more russian hit man accents?
No more Middle eastern confusion of words accents?  
No more french accents that make them sound elitist towards Americans? 

 

Damn, some people need to unwind their panties.

 

I say this all the time...we need to separate "Racism" and "Stereotype" We have intertwined them way too tightly. 

Edit: this just came across my TikTok feed....can we get a ruling here? 

I agree but it is not the world we live in today. Everything is deemed offensive in some way to someone. If you use the incorrect choice of words you get crucified.  Wait curcified might be offensive.

Edited by Summer Wheat
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John123 said:

No.

Some people don't just consume their media, they start to parrot it, just like they do.  They both think if they repeat it enough times it will become true.

If you look at the last 4 or 5 pages everyone that has engaged in the discussion have for the most part been swayed by the evidence.  Then there are those couple posters who just pop in to parrot "racist targeted hate crime" and leave.  I'm pleasantly surprised how well this thread has gone, months ago there would have been a whole flock of them.  The thread would have been a parrot zoo.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, tonydead said:

Some people don't just consume their media, they start to parrot it, just like they do.  They both think if they repeat it enough times it will become true.

If you look at the last 4 or 5 pages everyone that has engaged in the discussion have for the most part been swayed by the evidence.  Then there are those couple posters who just pop in to parrot "racist targeted hate crime" and leave.  I'm pleasantly surprised how well this thread has gone, months ago there would have been a whole flock of them.  The thread would have been a parrot zoo.

It is bizarre.  Some people here actually seem to want it to be a racist style hate crime instead of a mentally ill person going haywire.  I will never understand that.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, massraider said:

If anyone wants to punch out the China government at the grocery store, I'll drive getaway. 

Doesn't remotely excuse people attacking someone they think is Chinese. I know that you know this. I'm just saying.

Yeah, no one is doing this.  It's a made up story by Tim.  He might have heard MAYBE one incident and then - as all good lefties do - attributed that to EVERYONE doing it every day and say it's a problem.

Give me a break.

Edited by BladeRunner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, no one is doing this.  It's a made up story by Tim.  He might have heard MAYBE one incident and then - as all good lefties do - attributed that to EVERYONE doing it every day and say it's a problem.

Give me a break.

History says they aren't going to stop.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Dunno, but it shouldn't happen at all.  People are ignorant.  

I don't think your theory would account for 10x the jump in crimes though.  

Sure, but there has been massive increases in violent crimes in the big cities which has zero to do with Trump.  It is lazy to blame it on Trump  There is more awareness, more mechanisms to report and much more violent crime overall.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

Sure, but there has been massive increases in violent crimes in the big cities which has zero to do with Trump.  It is lazy to blame it on Trump  There is more awareness, more mechanisms to report and much more violent crime overall.  

Where did I blame it on Trump?

Edited by KarmaPolice
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, no one is doing this.  It's a made up story by Tim.  He might have heard MAYBE one incident and then - as all good lefties do - attributed that to EVERYONE doing it every day and say it's a problem.

Give me a break.

Are you claiming there haven't been attacks on Asian Americans in the last year?   Or that they weren't on the rise? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Are you claiming there haven't been attacks on Asian Americans in the last year?   Or that they weren't on the rise? 

The rise in crimes against Asians are spikes occurring in our largest cities, so it is strange to assume this is a white supremacy thing.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

The rise in crimes against Asians are spikes occurring in our largest cities, so it is strange to assume this is a white supremacy thing.  

I am really not getting your point then.   That white supremacists aren't in big cities?   That these attacks didn't have anything to do with race?   The violence is on the rise in general in the big cities and this is just reflecting that naturally?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

Just curious why you would put that in your reply to me then.  

Because this thread has been a discussion about false narratives inserting race into every story and you replied to me.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

I am really not getting your point then.   That white supremacists aren't in big cities?   That these attacks didn't have anything to do with race?   The violence is on the rise in general in the big cities and this is just reflecting that naturally?

White supremacists aren't typically living in urban areas which have a high density of minorities.  It would be shocking given the demographics if these crime were mostly by whites.

Edited by jon_mx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, -fish- said:

Do you generally find mass murderers to be inherently trustworthy?

So wait - the guy admits to killing 8 people which is a death penalty case, and we are supposed to believe that, but he is lying about it being racially motivated?  The guy was at a rehab for his sexual addiction and escaped a few times to go to these bath houses for sex.  There is no evidence whatsoever that this was racially motivated, and lots of evidence that it was due to a sex addiction.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

White supremacists aren't typically living in urban areas which have a high density of minorities.  It would be shocking giving the demographics if these crime were mostly by whites.

So your theory is that the reports of people getting yelled at to go back to their country, told they are the reason for covid, etc.. are perpetrated by other Asian Americans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

So your theory is that the reports of people getting yelled at to go back to their country, told they are the reason for covid, etc.. are perpetrated by other Asian Americans?

My theory is that the real crimes which make up the largest part of the quoted stats are perpetrated by non-white races.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, jon_mx said:

My theory is that the real crimes which make up the largest part of the quoted stats are perpetrated by non-white races.

The quoted stats about the 3000 so cases of discrimination that have been linked in here?    Looking at hate crime stats 53% are perpetrated by whites.   Not sure why you would think the largest part of those quoted stats would be perpetrated by non-whites.  

There are racist, bigoted, ignorant people everywhere.  I am not getting where you get this idea that racist white people wouldn't be in big cities.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

So wait - the guy admits to killing 8 people which is a death penalty case, and we are supposed to believe that, but he is lying about it being racially motivated?  The guy was at a rehab for his sexual addiction and escaped a few times to go to these bath houses for sex.  There is no evidence whatsoever that this was racially motivated, and lots of evidence that it was due to a sex addiction.

Where did you read this? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

So wait - the guy admits to killing 8 people which is a death penalty case, and we are supposed to believe that, but he is lying about it being racially motivated?  The guy was at a rehab for his sexual addiction and escaped a few times to go to these bath houses for sex.  There is no evidence whatsoever that this was racially motivated, and lots of evidence that it was due to a sex addiction.

According to that Wikipedia, an eyewitness said that he, the killer, said he wanted to kill all Asians. 

Admitting to a hate crime is not a good idea, so it's really not crazy he would lie about his motivations. 

I am quite ready to believe that race has NOTHING to do with this, but please don't pretend he has no reason to lie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

The quoted stats about the 3000 so cases of discrimination that have been linked in here?    Looking at hate crime stats 53% are perpetrated by whites.   Not sure why you would think the largest part of those quoted stats would be perpetrated by non-whites.  

There are racist, bigoted, ignorant people everywhere.  I am not getting where you get this idea that racist white people wouldn't be in big cities.  

There are several stats that are driving headlines. You have these numbers which are largely New York centric which increase was driven by a new task force that was set up late 2019 to specifically was tasked to investigate hate crimes against Asians.  You have those numbers you quoted and there are general crime numbers against Asians. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, jon_mx said:

There are several stats that are driving headlines. You have these numbers which are largely New York centric which increase was driven by a new task force that was set up late 2019 to specifically was tasked to investigate hate crimes against Asians.  You have those numbers you quoted and there are general crime numbers against Asians. 

They are not general crime numbers, they are reported cases of hate incidents/discrimination.    These are crimes that are perpetrated mostly by whites statistically.   

The bolded is also speculation on your part as well.  I liked your point about that there could be more reports/convictions because there is more people to handle it, and there might be a higher comfort level for people to come forward - but a 9-10x increase?  Even if I give you that, it doesn't account for the 150% increase across the board where there is no extra task forces.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

It is bizarre.  Some people here actually seem to want it to be a racist style hate crime instead of a mentally ill person going haywire.  I will never understand that.

I think some are still on defend everything team blue no matter what because But Trump. Even though Trump isnt around anymore. Must be hard to turn it off after 4 years. Its ruined some people's critical thinking skills. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, ekbeats said:

So wait - the guy admits to killing 8 people which is a death penalty case, and we are supposed to believe that, but he is lying about it being racially motivated?  The guy was at a rehab for his sexual addiction and escaped a few times to go to these bath houses for sex.  There is no evidence whatsoever that this was racially motivated, and lots of evidence that it was due to a sex addiction.

Sex addiction is a mental illness.  Is it better for his defense to claim he has a mental illness, or to admit to a hate crime which adds enhancements under Georgia law?

Do you think it’s a good idea to accept the statements of mass murderers, even though they contradict obvious factual evidence?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, -fish- said:

Sex addiction is a mental illness.  Is it better for his defense to claim he has a mental illness, or to admit to a hate crime which adds enhancements under Georgia law?

Do you think it’s a good idea to accept the statements of mass murderers, even though they contradict obvious factual evidence?

Particularly when the statements are self serving as these are. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, massraider said:

According to that Wikipedia, an eyewitness said that he, the killer, said he wanted to kill all Asians. 

Yes a korean publication reported that an unnamed store owner said that an unnamed person came into said store and told said store owner that the killer said that. 

Or something like that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Sex addiction is a mental illness.  Is it better for his defense to claim he has a mental illness, or to admit to a hate crime which adds enhancements under Georgia law?

Do you think it’s a good idea to accept the statements of mass murderers, even though they contradict obvious factual evidence?

You soooooo want that to be true. So badly that it's sad.  Occam's Razer man.

Mass shooting so poorly executed yet this guys is suddenly so smart he hides the fact it he really just hates Asians. He could have went to the Asian market in the middle of the day, but, thought to himself, hey you know what maybe I just go to some rub and tugs and pretend I'm a sex addict. Maybe kill a couple none Asians to throw them off. 

Do I have that right?  This is how you're playing it out in your head? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Yes a korean publication reported that an unnamed store owner said that an unnamed person came into said store and told said store owner that the killer said that. 

Or something like that. 

Well, we sure are hesitant to believe people if they didn't shoot someone, aren't we?

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...