What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trade Amari Cooper for the 1.05 (1 Viewer)

dansav

Footballguy
PPR league.  
My team is in rebuild mode.   My RBs are terrible (Montgomery, James Conner, AJ Dillon, Gus Edwards and James White)

WRs are decent.  
Cooper, Evans, Woods, Claypool and Deebo Samuel.

I have the 1.09 pick already so I thought grabbing the 1.05 gives me some options to take a RB and WR to start my rebuild process.

thoughts or feedback?

I am not a Cooper fan so I would likely do it.  I might try to also get an upside player that isn't of high value but that you think has some potential.

I also am not a Cooper fan, but I am not doing the deal.  IMO, I would be looking for more than just the 1.05 pick... Cooper has more value. 

I would agree with both of the last two comments, even though one said they'd do it and the other said they wouldn't. Even though I would rather have 1.05 than Cooper, I feel like the concensus is contrary to that, meaning that you hopefully could get a 1.04 or 1.03.

I would agree with both of the last two comments, even though one said they'd do it and the other said they wouldn't. Even though I would rather have 1.05 than Cooper, I feel like the concensus is contrary to that, meaning that you hopefully could get a 1.04 or 1.03.
I'm not high on Cooper either.  However, is the gap in the projections really that much different between the 1.03 and 1.05?  I think you could get more value with 1.05 and another player as opposed to the "perceived" value of just 1.03 or 1.04. 

I'm not high on Cooper either.  However, is the gap in the projections really that much different between the 1.03 and 1.05?  I think you could get more value with 1.05 and another player as opposed to the "perceived" value of just 1.03 or 1.04. 
Hey, I could be crazy (okay, topic for another thread), but I would significantly prefer to have the 1.03 right now than the 1.05. Granted, that's based on the fact that Harris, Etienne, and J. Williams are likely the top tier of my list right now, with a dropoff after that -- and it's simply too early to think that way. After Williams gets drafted by Carolina, Etienne tears his ACL, and then Jaret Patterson and Rhamondre Stevenson destroy the combine and get drafted in the 2nd round into starting positions -- you get the idea... It's kind of absurd to think about "tiers" and "dropoff spots" this soon. But still. Right now I like the 3 a lot. The higher a pick is, the more it means to move up 1 spot. But you're right, there's so much randomness, there is certainly no guarantee that the guy you'd pick at 3 is going to be better than the one you'd pick at 5.

Users who are viewing this thread