What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Rookie drafts (3 Viewers)

1 QB PPR Flex started 5-21-21

1.01 Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR (R) 

1.02 Harris, Najee PIT RB (R) 

1.03 Pitts, Kyle ATL TE (R) 

1.04 Etienne, Travis JAC RB (R) 

1.05 Williams, Javonte DEN RB (R) 

1.06 Smith, DeVonta PHI WR (R) 

1.07 Sermon, Trey SFO RB (R) 

1.08 Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR (R) 

1.09 Moore, Elijah NYJ WR (R) 

1.10 Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB (R)  (Q)

1.11 Moore, Rondale ARI WR (R) 

1.12 Wilson, Zach NYJ QB (R) 

2.01 Lance, Trey SFO QB (R) 

2.02 Fields, Justin CHI QB (R) 

2.03 Marshall, Terrace CAR WR (R) 

2.04 Bateman, Rashod BAL WR (R) 

2.05 Carter, Michael NYJ RB (R) 

2.06 Rodgers, Amari GBP WR (R) 

2.07 St. Brown, Amon-Ra DET WR (R) 

2.08 Jones, Mac NEP QB (R) 

2.09 Toney, Kadarius NYG WR (R) 

2.10 Stevenson, Rhamondre NEP RB (R) 

2.11 Collins, Nico HOU WR (R) 

2.12 Fitzpatrick, Ryan WAS QB

3.01 Eskridge, D'Wayne SEA WR (R) 

3.02 Gainwell, Kenneth PHI RB (R) 

3.03 Brown, Dyami WAS WR (R) 

3.04 Freiermuth, Pat PIT TE (R) 

3.05 Palmer, Josh LAC WR (R) 

3.06 Firkser, Anthony TEN TE

3.07 Hubbard, Chuba CAR RB (R) 

3.08 Doaks, Gerrid MIA RB (R) 

3.09 Trask, Kyle TBB QB (R) 

3.10 Herbert, Khalil CHI RB (R) 

3.11 Mond, Kellen MIN QB (R) 

3.12 Timer Expired

4.01 Bryant, Harrison CLE TE

4.02 Fitzpatrick, Dez TEN WR (R) 

4.03 Evans, Chris CIN RB (R) 

4.04 Granson, Kylen IND TE (R) 

4.05 Atwell, Tutu LAR WR (R) 

4.06 Hawkins, Javian ATL RB (R) 

4.07 Wallace, Tylan BAL WR (R) 

4.08 Perine, Samaje CIN RB

4.09 Jackson, Justin LAC RB

4.10 Newsome, Dazz CHI WR (R) 

4.11 Hill, Taysom NOS QB

4.12 Mitchell, Elijah SFO RB (R) 

5.01 Powell, Cornell KCC WR (R) 

5.02 Darden, Jaelon TBB WR (R) 

5.03 Uzomah, C.J. CIN TE

5.04 Dalton, Andy CHI QB

5.05 Schwartz, Anthony CLE WR (R) 

They already score more than other positions, why compound it?  Is this a tier argument?
Scoring more means nothing when you can only play ONE compared to the other positions where in some leagues you can play 5 players, so that is a poor argument.  The point is that most QBs in start 1QB leagues are worthless and made worse if they only score 4 freaking points for a TD.

Last edited by a moderator:
10 team 0.5 PPR league, transitioning to Superflex in 2 seasons (hence the QB run):

1.01 - Najee Harris

1.02 - Jamarr Chase

1.03 - Kyle Pitts

1.04 - Travis Etienne

1.05 - Javonte Williams

1.06 - Devonta Smith

1.07 - Jaylen Waddle

1.08 - Trevor Lawrence

1.09 - Elijah Moore

1.10 - Justin Fields

2.01 - Trey Lance

2.02 - Kadarius Toney

2.03 - Trey Sermon

2.04 - Zach Wilson

2.05 - Rashod Bateman

2.06 - Michael Carter

2.07 - Pat Freiermuth

2.08 - Terrace Marshall

2.09 - Mac Jones

2.10 - Amon Ra St. Brown

3.01 - Rondale Moore

3.02 - Nico Collins

3.03 - Amari Rodgers

3.04 - Chuba Hubbard

3.05 - Dyami Brown

3.06 - Kenneth Gainwell

3.07 - Brevin Jordan

3.08 - Timed out, lol

3.09 - Josh Palmer

3.10 - Dwayne Eskridge

The rest doesn't matter

Scoring more means nothing when you can only play ONE compared to the other positions where in some leagues you can play 5 players, so that is a poor argument.  The point is that most QBs in start 1QB leagues are worthless and made worse if they only score 4 freaking points for a TD.
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

12 Team 0.5 PPR / 1 QB / 1.0 PPR TE   (Top 3 Rounds Draft in May, 4-5 Draft in Aug)

1.01  Chase, Ja'Marr CIN WR (R)

1.02  Harris, Najee PIT RB (R)

1.03  Etienne, Travis JAC RB (R)

1.04  Pitts, Kyle ATL TE (R)

1.05  Smith, DeVonta PHI WR (R)

1.06  Waddle, Jaylen MIA WR (R)

1.07  Williams, Javonte DEN RB (R)

1.08  Moore, Elijah NYJ WR (R)

1.09  Lawrence, Trevor JAC QB (R) (Q)

1.10  Marshall, Terrace CAR WR (R)

1.11  Sermon, Trey SFO RB (R)

1.12  Moore, Rondale ARI WR (R)

2.01  Bateman, Rashod BAL WR (R)

2.02  Freiermuth, Pat PIT TE (R)

2.03  Carter, Michael NYJ RB (R)

2.04  Lance, Trey SFO QB (R)

2.05  Fields, Justin CHI QB (R)

2.06  Hubbard, Chuba CAR RB (R)

2.07  Wilson, Zach NYJ QB (R)

2.08  Toney, Kadarius NYG WR (R)

2.09  Collins, Nico HOU WR (R)

2.10  St. Brown, Amon-Ra DET WR (R)

2.11  Brown, Dyami WAS WR (R)

2.12  Rodgers, Amari GBP WR (R)

3.01  Eskridge, D'Wayne SEA WR (R)

3.02  Gainwell, Kenneth PHI RB (R)

3.03  Jordan, Brevin HOU TE (R)

3.04 Jones, Mac NEP QB (R)

3.05 Mond, Kellen MIN QB (R) 

3.06 Fitzpatrick, Dez TEN WR (R)

3.07 Stevenson, Rhamondre NEP RB (R)

3.08 Trask, Kyle TBB QB (R) 

3.09 Palmer, Josh LAC WR (R) 

3.10 Schwartz, Anthony CLE WR (R)

3.11 Atwell, Tutu LAR WR (R) 

3.12 Evans, Chris CIN RB (R) 

I can't believe that Javonte Williams is, more often than not, going after pick 5. 
He's real close, though. Once you filter for 1 QB leagues and PPR, he's going around 5.70 on average. His rank is fifth. It really isn't that mind-blowing considering the guys going ahead of him. Harris, Chase, Pitts, Etienne, Williams.

Williams has the least distinguished college career of any of those guys.

I took him at five and wished Etienne had fallen.

He's real close, though. Once you filter for 1 QB leagues and PPR, he's going around 5.70 on average. His rank is fifth. It really isn't that mind-blowing considering the guys going ahead of him. Harris, Chase, Pitts, Etienne, Williams.

Williams has the least distinguished college career of any of those guys.

I took him at five and wished Etienne had fallen.
In the next big Zealots draft I have (picks 1, 4, 6-8, 13), I think I might take Etienne at 4 and hope that Williams makes it to 6 (Jags fan is at 5).

In the next big Zealots draft I have (picks 1, 4, 6-8, 13), I think I might take Etienne at 4 and hope that Williams makes it to 6 (Jags fan is at 5).
Not familiar with Zealots scheme.... 1 QB?  Do you expect 1.05 to take Lawrence?  

So 1.01 = Chase     1.04 = ETN    1.06 = Javonte?    Where does Pitts fall? 

Sounds like you've got a plan. Etienne has seen a resurgence in ADP and might not make it to you at four. I'm extra happy I traded up this year and gave a 2.04 to move up to 1.01 from 1.04. I would have been stuck with Pitts and Williams, not my first choices. Ours went Chase (me, with a tinge of regret about Harris), Harris, Etienne, Pitts, Williams.

Good luck with the picks. Keep us posted. (I do find it all interesting.)

Not familiar with Zealots scheme.... 1 QB?  Do you expect 1.05 to take Lawrence?  

So 1.01 = Chase     1.04 = ETN    1.06 = Javonte?    Where does Pitts fall? 
1 QB, non-ppr, TD passes = 4 Points. Start 2 RB required. Can start 4 WRs max.

I expect the top 3 to be some combination of Harris/Pitts/Chase. I'm agonizing over the choice at 1.

I expect Lawrence to be there at 6-8. The hope/gamble would be that if I take Etienne at 5, the guy at 6 would take one of the WRs. I've tried like heck to move up to 2/3 and 5, but to no avail.

All my leagues are 4pt passing td one qb. Qbs always dominate the top ten in scoring. 
Yes, but the question is, how are they relative to other QBs? Six point passing scores means that .5 more passing TDs per game is a forty-eight to fifty-two point swing in yearly point totals, enough to potentially swing the importance of the guy who throws for more yards and more touchdowns enough so that it makes the position more important.

Overall all, though, I'd bet the effect isn't quite as much as Johnny thinks. They're still devalued, just not as much. And for some reason Johnny hates SF, so I don't really get his position here.

Either QBs should be worthless or they shouldn't be. Six points for touchdowns instead of four doesn't seem like it introduces enough variance to inflate a QBs performance relative to the rest of the rosters in the league.

:shrug:

Sounds like you've got a plan. Etienne has seen a resurgence in ADP and might not make it to you at four. I'm extra happy I traded up this year and gave a 2.04 to move up to 1.01 from 1.04. I would have been stuck with Pitts and Williams, not my first choices. Ours went Chase (me, with a tinge of regret about Harris), Harris, Etienne, Pitts, Williams.

Good luck with the picks. Keep us posted. (I do find it all interesting.)
If he goes before four, that means one of Pitts/Chase/Harris is there. I'm actually leaning toward Pitts at 1 because I think a combo of Pitts/Etienne might be the best considering a) the roster requirements and b) that I can get good/great WRs in the 6-8 and 13 picks and c) the one of two good players I have is Tee Higgins. 

Yes, but the question is, how are they relative to other QBs? Six point passing scores means that .5 more passing TDs per game is a forty-eight to fifty-two point swing in yearly point totals, enough to potentially swing the importance of the guy who throws for more yards and more touchdowns enough so that it makes the position more important.

Overall all, though, I'd bet the effect isn't quite as much as Johnny thinks. They're still devalued, just not as much. And for some reason Johnny hates SF, so I don't really get his position here.

Either QBs should be worthless or they shouldn't be. Six points for touchdowns instead of four doesn't seem like it introduces enough variance to inflate a QBs performance relative to the rest of the rosters in the league.

I have my doubts about SF because they make the QB position too important.  You would have to give the farm away to obtain a good one and mediocre QB prospects get drafted ahead of stud WRs and RBs.  However, I do believe QBs are devalued a great deal in start 1qb leagues.  Too much in fact, and giving 4 pts for a TD just makes it worse.  Someone mentioned QBs scoring the most already, but that is a poor argument because you only start 1, compared to 4 or 5 at other positions.  There are 32 starting QBs in the league and 2/3 of them are worthless for fantasy, whether playing them, or trading them.  So, my argument is to increase QB value without making them too valuable like in SF.

So, my argument is to increase QB value without making them too valuable like in SF.
Ah, I see. And I'm not sure how you do that, since the scarcity is what makes the SuperFlex quarterbacks so important. I don't think six points strikes a middle ground, really. That's just my opinion. I'd like to see numbers bearing that out, so I'm not clinging to it as a hard and fast rule.

1 QB, non-ppr, TD passes = 4 Points. Start 2 RB required. Can start 4 WRs max.

I expect the top 3 to be some combination of Harris/Pitts/Chase. I'm agonizing over the choice at 1.

I expect Lawrence to be there at 6-8. The hope/gamble would be that if I take Etienne at 5, the guy at 6 would take one of the WRs. I've tried like heck to move up to 2/3 and 5, but to no avail.
Same scenario for me. Had a horrible season riddled with injuries so I found myself with the 1.1. 16 team dynasty starting QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE. Didn't think it would be this hard. 

I have my doubts about SF because they make the QB position too important.  You would have to give the farm away to obtain a good one and mediocre QB prospects get drafted ahead of stud WRs and RBs.  However, I do believe QBs are devalued a great deal in start 1qb leagues.  Too much in fact, and giving 4 pts for a TD just makes it worse.  Someone mentioned QBs scoring the most already, but that is a poor argument because you only start 1, compared to 4 or 5 at other positions.  There are 32 starting QBs in the league and 2/3 of them are worthless for fantasy, whether playing them, or trading them.  So, my argument is to increase QB value without making them too valuable like in SF.
A league I was in a few years ago did just that.... added % Completion as a QB score.  Min of 20 passes.

It was something like >50% = +1;  >60% = +1; >70% = +2 >80% = +2 and it was Cumulative .... so >80% was +6 total. 

Yea I’m not sure either. Top qbs demand lots of value in any league I’ve ever been in. The Tannehills and goffs are only backups so they’ll never have high value in 1qb or even in a sf or 6pt league which I think is on par. IMO there’s No way guys like that should ever be more valuable than top 15-20 skill position players. If scoring dictates that as acceptable it’s only because the scoring devalues other positions. 

Ah, I see. And I'm not sure how you do that, since the scarcity is what makes the SuperFlex quarterbacks so important. I don't think six points strikes a middle ground, really. That's just my opinion. I'd like to see numbers bearing that out, so I'm not clinging to it as a hard and fast rule.
Yeah I agree.  It's not going to swing values much.  With 1QB and 6 point TDs you're still going to see RB drafted in the 4th round go before QBs drafted in the first round.  The 6 points doesn't make the position more scarce. 

Same scenario for me. Had a horrible season riddled with injuries so I found myself with the 1.1. 16 team dynasty starting QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, TE. Didn't think it would be this hard. 
Did you and/or @Andy Dufresne try to trade a couple picks down from the #1 to pick something else up and let someone else make the decision for you?  (In SF) I traded from 1.03 to 1.04 and was trying to go from 1.04 to 1.05.

Did you and/or @Andy Dufresne try to trade a couple picks down from the #1 to pick something else up and let someone else make the decision for you?  (In SF) I traded from 1.03 to 1.04 and was trying to go from 1.04 to 1.05.
It's something I am kicking around. I've sent messages to the 1.2 and 1.3 so waiting to see what happens. Also looked at a trade for a TE. 16 teams and roster 2 TE/start 1. One guy has Kittle and Fant. So open to a lot of options and kicking tires now. 

Lehigh98 said:
Not to derail the purpose of the thread but the Kittle owner just offered Kittle and 1.6 for the 1.1

I feel like there is a significant tier jump after five, but I think I'd strongly consider this.
I would strongly consider it, but it's a long way from six to one in this draft. That's Harris, Chase, ETN, Pitts, and Williams, if my break is like yours. I think there's an even bigger break at three.

I would strongly consider it, but it's a long way from six to one in this draft. That's Harris, Chase, ETN, Pitts, and Williams, if my break is like yours. I think there's an even bigger break at three.
I have the 1.01 on a team I picked up last year.  I'm trying like crazy to move back to accumulate some extra picks or players and am finding it next to impossible to get anything reasonable in return that moves me back but within the top 5 picks.  Since I'm still at least a year or two from contending, I don't mind passing on Harris for any of the other four you have listed.  I expect Harris to come out of the gate strong, but the others have a good chance of catching him in time.

Plus it creates an even bigger disparity between running QBs and non-running QBs than there already is - since their rushing TDs will get 6 points.

I have the 1.01 on a team I picked up last year.  I'm trying like crazy to move back to accumulate some extra picks or players and am finding it next to impossible to get anything reasonable in return that moves me back but within the top 5 picks.  Since I'm still at least a year or two from contending, I don't mind passing on Harris for any of the other four you have listed.  I expect Harris to come out of the gate strong, but the others have a good chance of catching him in time.
Gotcha. All about where you're going and where you need to be.

I have the 1.01 on a team I picked up last year.  I'm trying like crazy to move back to accumulate some extra picks or players and am finding it next to impossible to get anything reasonable in return that moves me back but within the top 5 picks. 
I was in same boat. Picked up an orphan rebuild and 1.01 & AJ Brown were only assets. Tried to move down to accumulate more picks but nobody wanted to make a move in Top 6. Primary problem was several teams had multiple 1st round picks (1.02, 1.06 & 1.09 for a potential trade partner).  
It was a challenge to even get discussions on packages.  
In the end I basically traded 1.01 for Miles Sanders & TJ Hock.  It is difficult to get value when everybody knows you need to trade down. 
I don’t see any easy solution unless you overpay or sell short.  

I was in same boat. Picked up an orphan rebuild and 1.01 & AJ Brown were only assets. Tried to move down to accumulate more picks but nobody wanted to make a move in Top 6. Primary problem was several teams had multiple 1st round picks (1.02, 1.06 & 1.09 for a potential trade partner).  
It was a challenge to even get discussions on packages.  
In the end I basically traded 1.01 for Miles Sanders & TJ Hock.  It is difficult to get value when everybody knows you need to trade down. 
I don’t see any easy solution unless you overpay or sell short.  
Good get by you.  I'd would make that deal.

Who ya picking at six ? Lol
I know right. lol

You should jump all over that.  I love the first 9 picks in this draft.
Looking long and hard at it. This was his first offer too. I don't wanna hit the well to hard but he might up this a bit. Even if I could swap significant position in one of the earlier rounds I might pull the trigger.

I feel like there is a significant tier jump after five, but I think I'd strongly consider this.
agreed. I'd love to stay in the top 3 but a known commodity in Kittle is a nice consolation. 

yeah I thought deciding between Pitts, Harris and Chase was tough. lol.

Was in similar position as well with 1.1 and one other team held picks 2-4. Made for one heck of a small trade market to try and move back and stay in top 5.

This is a fairly active league and I got an offer for 1.1 back in early January and never got another offer. Lack of interest surprised me, figured I"d get a few shaky offers or something.

Was in similar position as well with 1.1 and one other team held picks 2-4. Made for one heck of a small trade market to try and move back and stay in top 5.

This is a fairly active league and I got an offer for 1.1 back in early January and never got another offer. Lack of interest surprised me, figured I"d get a few shaky offers or something.
Heading into the draft this weekend.  The best offer I've got so far is CEH/1.07 for 1.01/1.12.  I feel like I'm losing on perceived value but it gets me my young RB and a decent WR.  Haven't pulled the trigger yet, but might.

I know right. lol

Looking long and hard at it. This was his first offer too. I don't wanna hit the well to hard but he might up this a bit. Even if I could swap significant position in one of the earlier rounds I might pull the trigger.

agreed. I'd love to stay in the top 3 but a known commodity in Kittle is a nice consolation. 

yeah I thought deciding between Pitts, Harris and Chase was tough. lol.
Don’t push it bud take it and let him take pitts

Users who are viewing this thread