Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread

I know it's only the first 4 but is anyone watching?

Can't believe Drake almost choked that away.  Up 4 and you get a loose ball with 18 seconds left and try to throw an outlet pass over a defender??

Who on the east coast is staying up for UCLA/MSU? :banned: 

• Like 1

I've watched the end of two games tonight, and in both cases a player on the losing team lays down on the court like they just lost the championship on a last second shot, I assume so his teammates can come comfort him.

This #### needs to stop.

• Laughing 1

3 minutes ago, BroncoFreak_2K3 said:

Kenny Smith is soft. Charles the voice of reason yet again. lol 

Why do I get the feeling this is going to get blown out of proportion and the university will be forced to suspend Izzo for a game.

5 minutes ago, shuke said:

Why do I get the feeling this is going to get blown out of proportion and the university will be forced to suspend Izzo for a game.

I doubt it turns into a big deal but you don’t grab another man. That’s nuts to me. Coach or not. I’m sure it’ll be fine though. 

Just now, Capella said:

I doubt it turns into a big deal but you don’t grab another man. That’s nuts to me. Coach or not. I’m sure it’ll be fine though. 

I agree with this but it’s not a big deal overall. Not as big as CBS/Twitter is making it. 

Dad passed away before this season. He  and I spent hours over the years talking Spartan hoops. The way this season went was pretty fitting. Didn’t seem to matter much. RIP pops. GOGREEN 

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3
  • Love 1
  • Sad 4

This is why I love this tournament.  As soon as the brackets came out all the talking heads couldn't wait to talk about how MSU was an easy pick over BYU.

• Thanks 1

Great games last night.

I'm sick of the deep two/three point attempts at the buzzer when you are only down 1.  Good grief, get a higher percentage shot off.  Run some screening action, make a hard cut, something.  Pull up J's with a defender close have about a 20% success rate for most of the guys at this level.  Everyone thinks they are Dame Lillard or Kemba Walker and they just aren't.

Best game was UCLA/Mich State.  That UCLA team just took a game they didn't have any business winning.  Loved the 3-pt play to tie it in regulation.  I also didn't even know that Cronin was their coach now.  He has won everywhere he's been and I expect him to get the Bruins back to national respectability in a relatively short time.

3 minutes ago, Jayrod said:

Great games last night.

I'm sick of the deep two/three point attempts at the buzzer when you are only down 1.  Good grief, get a higher percentage shot off.  Run some screening action, make a hard cut, something.  Pull up J's with a defender close have about a 20% success rate for most of the guys at this level.  Everyone thinks they are Dame Lillard or Kemba Walker and they just aren't.

Best game was UCLA/Mich State.  That UCLA team just took a game they didn't have any business winning.  Loved the 3-pt play to tie it in regulation.  I also didn't even know that Cronin was their coach now.  He has won everywhere he's been and I expect him to get the Bruins back to national respectability in a relatively short time.

Tom Izzo is slowly turning into Woody Hayes.  Tom is losing is way too often now.

1 hour ago, shuke said:

This is why I love this tournament.  As soon as the brackets came out all the talking heads couldn't wait to talk about how MSU was an easy pick over BYU.

That's the "Mortgage Lender.com Michigan State University Conglomerates" if you please.

• Laughing 1

33 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

Tom Izzo is slowly turning into Woody Hayes.  Tom is losing is way too often now.

Looked liked Bobby Knight when he grabbed that player in anger at halftime. Then the other MSU player had to intervine.

5 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Looked liked Bobby Knight when he grabbed that player in anger at halftime. Then the other MSU player had to intervine.

Draymond's "that's what winning looks like" tweet after grab did not age well.

• Like 1