***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he took that to the bank brohans

The NCAA tourney is one of those funny things where you fill out your bracket but always root for the lower seed to win even if it disrupts your bracket. I love this weekend.

@SWC did it for him. 

I am not sure i understand the arkansas press. Typically when you double the ball like that you are wanting them to make a quick pass and then you have people anticipating and they try to steal the ball. They just double the ball while the other 3 guys just back away. Did they generate a lot of turnovers this year just by deflecting the pass?

Edited by parasaurolophus

They Did It! GOCATS!!

Northwest Mo State B2B Division 2 Champions

Nice summary from the KC Star.  The West Texas A&M coach said it well.. “They aren’t a Division II team,” Brown said. “I think they could beat half the teams in Division I. I think they were in the wrong tournament this year. I think they are that good.”

• Like 5
33 minutes ago, Capella said:

Feels like they’ve really upped the Powerade quota 

Seems like some tourney sites use the double bin and some roll three racks. Can't be too hydrated

9 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Seems like some tourney sites use the double bin and some roll three racks. Can't be too hydrated

Need a comprehensive study on this 

Just now, Capella said:

Need a comprehensive study on this 

I'm assuming the purpose of the bins is to keep players on the bench separated, right?

22 minutes ago, shuke said:

I'm assuming the purpose of the bins is to keep players on the bench separated, right?

That makes a lot of sense

12 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

This houston/syracuse turd bomb is easily the worst game. 

Fading Syracuse in the third round when a good coach has time to plan against that middle school children’s defense is 💰 

3 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

I am not sure i understand the arkansas press. Typically when you double the ball like that you are wanting them to make a quick pass and then you have people anticipating and they try to steal the ball. They just double the ball while the other 3 guys just back away. Did they generate a lot of turnovers this year just by deflecting the pass?

I didn’t watch enough to know if theyve done it all year, but today I bet they think Abmas is the only guy on OR that can play and they’re trying to get the ball out of his hands ASAP.

41 minutes ago, Capella said:

Fading Syracuse in the third round when a good coach has time to plan against that middle school children’s defense is 💰 

That middle school defense just held KenPom's 8th ranked offense in the nation to 62 points which was their lowest point total of the season. If you're going to talk #### at least try to make sense. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Capella said:

Anybody who played that defense in middle school had a ###### middle school basketball coach. 

7 hours ago, Nipsey said:

That middle school defense just held KenPom's 8th ranked offense in the nation to 62 points which was their lowest point total of the season. If you're going to talk #### at least try to make sense. 

Here’s some sense for you. Boeheim is 7-12 in sweet 16s and after 45 years he is still running a defense primarily seen at the YMCA. 

I think last night was much more about buddy coming back to earth. He's a good player and a good shooter.....he's not a guy you can rely on to average 28 per game in the ncaa tournament.  

As long as he didn't go nuts from the outside again like he did last weekend , cuse was always in trouble. Houston was just far more talented and athletic 1-5. 

I mean, the only dice throw that Boeheim had was playing some 6'11 Dutch kid who has average 2 points per game over the past 2 years. It just wasn't a very good roster. 

Edited by TLEF316
45 minutes ago, Capella said:

Here’s some sense for you. Boeheim is 7-12 in sweet 16s and after 45 years he is still running a defense primarily seen at the YMCA. 

His record in the sweet 16 seems like an odd, arbitrary goal post to be aiming for.

11 hours ago, Nipsey said:

THERE HE IS!

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
13 hours ago, cheese said:

I didn’t watch enough to know if theyve done it all year, but today I bet they think Abmas is the only guy on OR that can play and they’re trying to get the ball out of his hands ASAP.

This makes sense. Thanks. 

5 hours ago, Capella said:

Seems odd to watch a low scoring crap fest and come out criticizing the defense.

6 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Seems odd to watch a low scoring crap fest and come out criticizing the defense.

Especially when the defense didn't give up any more points than they had in the previous two games.  

21 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

77th best D in college hoops this year according to kenpom. Constantly scrapping to get the last bid in the tournament. Guy runs an archaic system that no recruits want to play for. Syracuse needs a fresh start. 

31 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Gonzaga Defense is a nightmare trying to score on. You can't get a clean shot off. 

Is that normally their calling card?

Their defense is good. Kenpom 7th I think, but offense is their game. Defense is moot because the other team has to worry more about keeping up on offense. 

• Like 1
On 3/26/2021 at 3:21 PM, AAABatteries said:

FSUs offense will go through droughts - it is known.  If UM doesn't get in foul trouble and makes their shots I would expect them to win.  FSU defense is good but UM runs a good offense (in my limited times watching them).  I wouldn't be shocked if FSU wins but they'll need to win 55-50 or something like that.

:goodposting:

FSU’s offense is putrid.  They have tons of talent but can’t run an offense to save their lives. 

23 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Another snoozer.  They should have had some overlap on these to get three played before 60 min or whatever

Yea today is a good example why the overlapping sweet 16 games are better. 

27 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Another snoozer.  They should have had some overlap on these to get three played before 60 min or whatever

Seems to be an every other day thing with this tournament. One day all blowouts, then close games. One day a lot of upsets and then the next day chalk. 

I feel like every Sweet 16 Michigan plays some long athletic team that can’t shoot and it’s just a cakewalk.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I feel like every Sweet 16 Michigan plays some long athletic team that can’t shoot and it’s just a cakewalk.

Athletes vs. Players.

• Like 1
On 3/22/2021 at 7:49 PM, Rodrigo Duterte said:

What a boring day, with wins by 16, 18, 19, 20, 15, 14, 8.  And SC up 19.

16, 18, 19, 20, 15, 14, 8, 34. 

7, 11, 12, 16 yesterday.  18 this morning and with FSU getting smashed that's just two games in single digits the last 3 days.

Average winning margin of 16 points in the last 14 games now.

I guess it's better than nothing, but not by much.  :yawn: 

Wow, Bama's Jones with 2 fouls in the first 43 seconds, sub optimal