Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread

39 minutes ago, ChiefD said:

This tournament has been pretty boring overall. But, if it gives us Gonzaga v Baylor in the final that would be a nice ending. 

27 minutes ago, Deamon said:

early rounds were great.  late rounds have sucked.

One year ago tonight I was betting on (and watching) Madden simulations online.  I'll take this boring suckiness the rest of my life and not complain one bit.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

this just in ... mark few is a really good coach.  Yeah, I know.  Nothing earth shattering.  But as a former 10+ year AAU coach, i found it tough to adjust a few things each year in my schemes to fit our players.  It's almost like Few throws out the whole playbook and starts fresh each year around his three best players.  The stuff they are running is so well executed.  And it looks nothing like what they ran in 2018.  Well some of the stuff for Timme is.  But other things appear brand new or slightly differently executed to me.   Pulling for this guy to win the big one.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, facook said:

One year ago tonight I was betting on (and watching) Madden simulations online.  I'll take this boring suckiness the rest of my life and not complain one bit.

Extremely great point 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

8-4 with under 13 minutes in the first half. Geez college basketball can be putrid. 

College basketball has been horrible for like 20 years now, we just forget about it because the tournament rules and we love to gamble on it. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

They don’t have the size or talent to compete with Michigan. At least on paper. 

They don’t?

Good thing they don’t play on paper. lol

They've played tough all tournament l. I like their chances.

Edited by BroncoFreak_2K3

1 hour ago, ChiefD said:

This tournament has been pretty boring overall. But, if it gives us Gonzaga v Baylor in the final that would be a nice ending. 

Would be a great matchup based on how the two have played in the tournament so far.  No offense to fans of the other 3 but from an entertainment perspective I’m hoping it’s this matchup.  

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

UCLA always has a bunch of stars but they haven’t played together all season. 

UCLA is extremely talented and has every right hanging with Michigan. Come on already. 

• Like 1

Just now, shuke said:

Where is @TheIronSheik these days?  Wondering if he's still glad UC got rid of Mick, now that we have 4 scholarship players left after the rest of the team entered the transfer portal.

He took off last year when the tournament got cancelled. He got upset (IIRC) that everything was shutting down. I remember because he kept track of every team who never made the tourney during the conference tournaments. 

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Capella said:

UCLA is extremely talented and has every right hanging with Michigan. Come on already. 

Look there’s a reason UCLA was such an underdog going into this game. Every basket Michigan gets is a good look, every basket UCLA gets is more difficult. So far the Bruins have made a lot of these tough shots, and Michigan has too many turnovers. I hope it continues but the sheer size of the Wolverines suggests that it won’t. 

29 minutes ago, timschochet said:

They don’t have the size or talent to compete with Michigan. At least on paper. 

UCLA had the #5 and #6 recruiting classes in 2017 and 2018.  Many of those kids are in this game.  LiAngelo obviously not still there.  But there are several 4 star recruits on the roster.

** nevermind.  see this was already pointed out.

Edited by Brunell4MVP

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Look there’s a reason UCLA was such an underdog going into this game. Every basket Michigan gets is a good look, every basket UCLA gets is more difficult. So far the Bruins have made a lot of these tough shots, and Michigan has too many turnovers. I hope it continues but the sheer size of the Wolverines suggests that it won’t. 

Tim, UCLA has looked awesome all tournament, and I'm a huge fan of Cronin.  

Just watch and enjoy it and stop thinking about all the reason they're going to lose.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ChiefD said:

First weekend was great, but this is what happens on weekend 2 when there are a bunch of weekend 1 upsets. I don't know enough about Houston, but good Michigan can hang with the top 2. Only seen good Michigan once (LSU) lately though.