Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread

1 minute ago, timschochet said:

UCLA now with 19 (or is it 18?) Final Four appearances- either way its second only to North Carolina with 20. UCLA has 11 championships, 1st overall. 

If UCLA somehow found a way to beat Gonzaga and Baylor they would earn their 12th - and would be the first team to win 7 tournament games to win it all.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, timschochet said:

UCLA now with 19 (or is it 18?) Final Four appearances- either way its second only to North Carolina with 20. UCLA has 11 championships, 1st overall. 

I use Wikipedia for this sort of thing.

4 minutes ago, FishTacoTuesday said:

Michigan just didn’t make their shots. They had five or six god looks and missed their last eight shots. Wagner was absolutely abysmal, can’t believe he’s a projected lottery pick. 

Turnovers too. Only way I thought Michigan could lose this game was 2 of turnovers, UCLA hitting their 3's, and the offense going cold. Welp.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Gonzaga should crush the Bruins. But I thought Michigan would win easy so what do I know? 

Gonzaga will crush the Bruins.  And will crush Baylor.  

23 minutes ago, Capella said:

Fortunately Michigan fans are used to losing to a big state school right before a 4-team playoff. 

Sean Gentille@seangentille

·

14m

Bright side for Michigan — only eight months until the Outback Bowl.

• Laughing 5

20 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Well, like I said, I don’t gamble but I don’t see UCLA hanging with Gonzaga, at all.  

But with 25 points?  They dominated USC totally, but slowed things down and won by only 19. 

2 hours ago, timschochet said:

UCLA always has a bunch of stars but they haven’t played together all season. 

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Look there’s a reason UCLA was such an underdog going into this game. Every basket Michigan gets is a good look, every basket UCLA gets is more difficult. So far the Bruins have made a lot of these tough shots, and Michigan has too many turnovers. I hope it continues but the sheer size of the Wolverines suggests that it won’t. 

Is this stuff a kind of message board click bait thing?  Or a closet USC fan or what???

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

Turnovers too. Only way I thought Michigan could lose this game was 2 of turnovers, UCLA hitting their 3's, and the offense going cold. Welp.

Yup.  Tons of unforced errors by Michigan - traveling calls; offensive charging; missed free throws.  Very poor execution by such an experienced team.  They worked way too hard, too, forcing the ball to Dickinson and forgetting about their success in moving the ball around.  But the 14 turnovers really did them in.  That, and Smith shooting 1 of 7 and Wagner shooting 1 of 10 ...and those two getting the big shots at the end (?!?).  

Let's see if Wagner goes pro, now.  He can join his brother as an end-of-bencher in the NBA.  

13 hours ago, FishTacoTuesday said:

Michigan just didn’t make their shots. They had five or six god looks and missed their last eight shots. Wagner was absolutely abysmal, can’t believe he’s a projected lottery pick. 

He was until last night. Wagner was horrible.   And change the spelling the Vogner!!

Bizarre season.  Michigan was picked to be middle of the pack in the BIG and had a great year.  Tough game to watch as it was so slow and ugly.

Looking back Michigan plays so much better at a faster pace against undisiplined teams like FSU so Bama would have been a better matchup.  UCLA plays like Princeton at a snails pace walking the ball up and waiting until last 5-8 seconds on the shot clock. Firs ttime all year I seen M keep forcing the ball into Dickenson like that..but the pace was so slow I guess they had to.

That being said Michigan even playing horrible had 3 chances to win at the end and took bad shots each time.   

Michigan would not have beat Gonzaga anyway but it would have been a better matchup.   UCLA Can`t stay with the Zags with only one player scoring.

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Sean Gentille@seangentille

·

14m

Bright side for Michigan — only eight months until the Outback Bowl.

Michigan is not going to be a football team that will challenge to be in the playoff.  They won`t win their division with Ohio State and PSU.  Best they can hope for is second in division but probably third at best.   

With Howard bringing in a top 2-3 class M is now a BB school..and probably has been for the last decade.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Capella said:

Everybody wants that 13 before it goes to 16

I normally talk myself in to how a team can keep it close - I just don’t see how UCLA keeps it within 15-20.  They are outmanned at pretty much every spot - Kispert hasn’t been sharp so maybe you give the nod to Juzang.  But the Zags have 4 shooters and UCLA has no hope of guarding Timme.  Suggs may be the best player on the court and they don’t even need him to score to win by 20.

• Like 2

Have zero interest in the remaining games.  Feels like a formality for Gonzaga.  I don't follow this sport except for the tournament.  What took place to make them such a force?  I remember 10 years ago when they would win a 12-5 game and people's faces would melt off. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Have zero interest in the remaining games.  Feels like a formality for Gonzaga.  I don't follow this sport except for the tournament.  What took place to make them such a force?  I remember 10 years ago when they would win a 12-5 game and people's faces would melt off. 

Somebody said they’re the real life version of playing the ncaa college football game and making middle Tennessee state a super power. 

They basically had a long run of continued success, sent some guys to the pros and built up recruiting off of that. It’s the big time west coast program now. They have some mega 5-star projected top pick coming in next year too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

I normally talk myself in to how a team can keep it close - I just don’t see how UCLA keeps it within 15-20.  They are outmanned at pretty much every spot - Kispert hasn’t been sharp so maybe you give the nod to Juzang.  But the Zags have 4 shooters and UCLA has no hope of guarding Timme.  Suggs may be the best player on the court and they don’t even need him to score to win by 20.

UCLA beat Alabama in large part because they had arguably their worst offensive performance of the season. They also beat Michigan for the same reasons. In both instances despite that Alabama and Michigan had a shot to win the game at the end anyway. If Gonzaga has arguably their worst offensive performance of the season then that is still substantially better than the worst possible outcome of those 2 teams.

I think an upset is only possible if both that happens to Gonzaga and UCLA gets freakishly hot from 3.

48 minutes ago, culdeus said:

Baylor's got the right mix of players to cause problems for them. I wouldn't bet on it, but I'm not dismissing the possibility 5 days out. I think the pre-covid version of Michigan with Livers did too, but this team has been too uneven since that midseason pause.

I'll probably skip the Saturday night games and hope we have a Baylor/Gonzaga ship. 

4 minutes ago, MAC_32 said:

UCLA beat Alabama in large part because they had arguably their worst offensive performance of the season. They also beat Michigan for the same reasons. In both instances despite that Alabama and Michigan had a shot to win the game at the end anyway. If Gonzaga has arguably their worst offensive performance of the season then that is still substantially better than the worst possible outcome of those 2 teams.

I think an upset is only possible if both that happens to Gonzaga and UCLA gets freakishly hot from 3.

Campbell needs to score like 25, mostly from three for UCLA to have a chance. 

But I will trick myself for sure into thinking it is possible. 

Hate the idea of a Baylor-gonzaga final. 

49 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Campbell needs to score like 25, mostly from three for UCLA to have a chance. 

But I will trick myself for sure into thinking it is possible. 

Hate the idea of a Baylor-gonzaga final

Why?

• Like 1

I think the only hope for a close AND entertaining final is Gonzaga - Baylor.  That UM-UCLA game was close but wasn’t good basketball and wasn’t entertaining to watch save the very end.

I do think Baylor has a decent chance against Gonzaga - I see the 3 guards kind of cancelling each other out - difference maker would be Timme.

16 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I think the only hope for a close AND entertaining final is Gonzaga - Baylor.  That UM-UCLA game was close but wasn’t good basketball and wasn’t entertaining to watch save the very end.

I do think Baylor has a decent chance against Gonzaga - I see the 3 guards kind of cancelling each other out - difference maker would be Timme.

Whats your opening betting line on this game?

Final 4 ..... Gonzaga.  Baylor.  Houston.  UCLA. 

Rest of Final 8 ....  Oregon St.  USC.  Arkansas.  Michigan.

So one team from east of the Mississippi River, and that team may as well be in Toronto.   The networks are not loving this. 

How much of this has to do with COViD protocols being tougher in the eastern US?   California certainly locked down hard so maybe i'm reaching here.

40 minutes ago, Brunell4MVP said:

So one team from east of the Mississippi River, and that team may as well be in Toronto.   The networks are not loving this. 

How much of this has to do with COViD protocols being tougher in the eastern US?   California certainly locked down hard so maybe i'm reaching here.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: 

Edited by Rodrigo Duterte
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Brunell4MVP said:

Final 4 ..... Gonzaga.  Baylor.  Houston.  UCLA. 

Rest of Final 8 ....  Oregon St.  USC.  Arkansas.  Michigan.

You're reaching.  Oregon and Washington have been super strict as well.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Whats your opening betting line on this game?

You are asking the wrong person as I know virtually nothing about gambling.  Total guess by me but I would say Zags by 3 or 4.  Baylor is the 2nd most complete team in the country, IMO.  They have shooters and speed and decent size.  They seem like they can win a fast paced game or a slow down game.  It would probably come down to who is hitting their shots as it usually does.  If both teams are on then for me, the X factor is Timme.  He's an unstoppable force in college.  He's super smart, great footwork, great body control. really good passer and just finds way to score.  I don't think Baylor has anyone that can neutralize him. 

2 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

I found a bookie that gave me Gonzaga -4. I promptly bet 1000 bucks. He goes by the nickname CSTU. I can put you in touch if you want. 

Feel like I'm missing some kind of joke here. 

You actually got Zags -4????

Just now, parasaurolophus said:

Cstu was a fbg that made a bunch of election bets with other fbgs and didnt pay up when he lost. 

oh lol  .... figured there had to be something there.

If I ever saw Zags -4 I would take out every loan I could and put my life savings on it.