Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread

4 minutes ago, caustic said:

I think that was the best CBB game I've seen since the Villanova/UNC title game in '16. Insane.

4 minutes ago, dickey moe said:

That's a top 5er of all time. 

3 minutes ago, Capella said:

That’s going to go down as one of the great tournament games ever. 

@Bfarrell727: This. Is. M̶a̶r̶c̶h̶ April.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

he took that to the bank brohans

The NCAA tourney is one of those funny things where you fill out your bracket but always root for the lower seed to win even if it disrupts your bracket. I love this weekend.

@SWC did it for him. 

@cbfowler: OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHAT. A. FINISH!! How many better NCAA games ever?! 19 lead changes. I’ve seen 40 yrs worth. Never gonna forget this one. Two Suggs sequences live forever: block at the rim, floor length bounce pass for a dunk, bomb to win it. @ZagMBB @UCLAMBB thanks for that!🙏🏻

Duke-Kentucky in 1992.

Then I'll give it up to anyone who thinks UNC-Villanova in 2016. But man, I don't know ...

Either way, those three are the tops for me in four decades of watching college hoops.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, JaxBill said:

@cbfowler: OHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHAT. A. FINISH!! How many better NCAA games ever?! 19 lead changes. I’ve seen 40 yrs worth. Never gonna forget this one. Two Suggs sequences live forever: block at the rim, floor length bounce pass for a dunk, bomb to win it. @ZagMBB @UCLAMBB thanks for that!🙏🏻

The block and pass was better than the shot.  What an amazing performance

• Like 2
Just now, AAABatteries said:

Total credit to UCLA.  Thought it would take two games to score 90.  They made shots all night.

They were on fire. Even their center was making outside shots. I’m sort of glad Gonzaga pulled it out, felt like they were the better team but UCLA just shot lights out. Both shot really well (almost 60%) and both had about 60 shots, but UCLA made 20 outside the paint shots compared to 10 for Gonzaga. UCLA converted way more lower percentage shots. Felt like they couldn’t miss outside at times.

4 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Duke-Kentucky in 1992.

Then I'll give it up to anyone who thinks UNC-Villanova in 2016. But man, I don't know ...

Either way, those three are the tops for me in four decades of watching college hoops.

If Gonzaga wins Monday, then tonight definitely solidifies its spot as a top 3 March Madness buzzer beater along with Villanova and Laettner.  Still pretty close to top 3 even if they lose. 

1 minute ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Duke-Kentucky in 1992.

Showing my age but Nova-Georgetown 1985 and NC State- Houston 83 are up there 

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Getzlaf15 said:

Imagine if that game was the final game.  

What a great game.

UCLA messed up not scoring on that 3 on 1.

Fatigue. The three on one should have been two maybe 2+1.  

6 minutes ago, Dickie Dunn said:

Duke-Kentucky in 1992.

Great call - I like that list.  Syracuse-Indiana, UNC-Georgetown (despite the ending).  But yeah, that Kentucky-Duke game was incredible.  Two heavyweights - this one had the David vs. Goliath feel to it and what’s incredible is David was that little basketball school with the most national championships.

4 hours ago, RUSF18 said:

I encourage everyone to do what I did and put together some small unit, high payout parlays including many different players' points/rebs/assists to keep an interest in tonight's game. 

I went 8 of 9 on one ticket and 9 of 10 on the other. Had Timme with 6+ boards on both and he got 4. 

BUM

Just now, dickey moe said:

I could be wrong, but I don't think either team was up by more than 5 the entire game. 

6 for UCLA and 7 for Gonzaga

3 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Great call - I like that list.  Syracuse-Indiana, UNC-Georgetown (despite the ending).  But yeah, that Kentucky-Duke game was incredible.  Two heavyweights - this one had the David vs. Goliath feel to it and what’s incredible is David was that little basketball school with the most national championships.

UNLV vs Duke. This was a great game. Not sure if it is top 5

Edited by msudaisy26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Per @BetMGM

#MarchMadness championship game opening numbers: Gonzaga -4.5 vs Baylor/Total 159.5

Moneyline: Gonzaga -200/Baylor +165

11 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

NC State - Houston was a shocking finish

tonight was 10x a better game 

• Like 1

Ken Pom has Gonzaga 85-81 (166 total with a 6.5 +EV to the over)

21 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

Indiana-Syracuse is not a bad call, but I don't remember as much about how that game played out before the finish. I know it was tied at the half.

Hard to put UNC-Georgetown in that group because of the four-corners offense. That, and UNC's first eight points were on Ewing goaltending calls.

This game had 19 lead changes and 13 ties in regulation. And of course one more tie with 3.3 seconds left. Incredible stuff.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I don’t know what kind of recruiter Cronin is but he’s a helluva coach even if I don’t care for just style of play.  Could make UCLA a contender every year.

He's done pretty well so far.  He's got a 4-star and a 5-star coming next year, and I imagine he'll get a good player or two from the transfer portal.  For 2022, he already has a commitment from a 5-star guard from Sierra Canyon HS.  As long as he goes after high level players who want to play for him and are willing to be coached, he should be very successful at UCLA.  

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, ex-ghost said:

Zags -5 and O/U at 160. Which way are you going?

Take it for what it’s worth because as most folks around here know, my sports prognostication skills aren’t very good: 

But I think the Zags had their scare. I think they will beat Baylor decisively. Close for the 1st half, then Gonzaga pulls away and wins comfortably by 15-20. 
No idea on the O/U

• Like 1
6 hours ago, facook said:

Charles Barkley is THE WORST college "analyst" I've ever heard in my life.  CBS needs to completely rethink that decision.

It's not just that he's wrong, about everything.  It's that he knows so little he can't speak intelligibly about what he's wrong about.

He's horrible period.  Once you get past the novelty of him being blunt he really doesn't offer much. He and Shaq are just stuck in the 90's as far as analysis goes.  Entertaining but just not up to speed on today's game. Expecting him to offer any sort of insight on players and teams he hasn't watched all year is kind of optimistic.

4 hours ago, JaxBill said:

NCState-HOU wasnt't even the best game of that Final FOur.

Both those games were great upsets but way too much stall ball.

Dang, fell asleep at halftime, just catching up. Wow.

Looking at boxscore...10 pts off bench, combined, in a game 183 were scored. I’m no stats nerd but that seems pretty remarkable. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, JaxBill said:

Those weren’t great games. They were close contests and great stories because of who won, but the games themselves weren’t exciting. The only thing missing that would have made that game last night the best ever was UCLA being up a point and losing like that 

• Like 2

Just watched all of OT. Greatest thing about it was no TOs called after the 57 sec mark. Back and forth, so much happened, and then it was over. Rare to see a sequence like it at end of a big game with no stoppages. 

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Just watched all of OT. Greatest thing about it was no TOs called after the 57 sec mark. Back and forth, so much happened, and then it was over. Rare to see a sequence like it at end of a big game with no stoppages. 

Totally agreed.  So many basketball games with great endings have 33 timeouts in the last two minutes, which can be a killjoy in real time, but that was a thrilling uninterrupted last minute. 

Just seen the block by Suggs again. Man that is so close. I feel like he got the ball and then as the UCLA player loses the ball from the block that Suggs gets him on his follow through slighty. I feel like either call could have been made there and you can't argue it. In slow motion it is really difficult to determine if it was a foul. In regular speed no chance. 

I also noticed that right after Suggs made the pass for the dunk when UCLA had the ball coming back on offense that the UCLA coach wasn't arguing the no foul call. I think he would have been more upset if it was obvious and he had a great view. 

Pretty great call by Nance at the end.  "Gonzaga has time to do something!  Suggs for the win!.. OOOOH!" 

I was having streaming issues towards the end of regulation and almost said F it.  I would have been pissed reading this thread after the fact.  :lmao: 

42 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Wasn’t a foul.  Great play. 

I’m repeating myself for the third time but I’m pretty sure by rule it should have been a goaltending - can somebody @Jayrod maybe speak to that?

ETA - because Suggs had gets in to the net with the UCLA still somewhat attempting to shoot 

Edited by AAABatteries