What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread (1 Viewer)

Bunch of very solid college players + Suggs vs. NBA level athletes that are just animals on defense. They got Kispert off his spots (deeper) throughout.

Just a total mismatch in every facet.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean Baylor was just better. It’s rare that the two clear best teams go all the way to the championship, especially in college hoops. 

Seven game series I think Baylor wins in six, just too fast and too quick to the loose ball.

I mean Baylor was just better. It’s rare that the two clear best teams go all the way to the championship, especially in college hoops. 

Seven game series I think Baylor wins in six, just too fast and too quick to the loose ball.
Easy for me to say now that the game is over so I get no credit for this but I told my friend at the start Baylor was going to win because of their rebounding. 

I haven’t looked at that stats but they musta won that battle by a wide margin. 

Wait, what?  You don't see an NBA player, or you don't see an NBA all-star?   He will clearly have a role in the NBA.  Likely a guy who, worst case, plays in the league 20 min/game for 8-10 years.
I don’t see him as a starter. 

ETA - He’s still a young man and may grow into it but at 6-4, barely 200- I don’t think he’s a good enough shooter. 

I don’t have any ill will towards him. I hope I’m wrong. I wish him the best. 

I don’t see him as a starter. 

ETA - He’s still a young man and may grow into it but at 6-4, barely 200- I don’t think he’s a good enough shooter. 

I don’t have any ill will towards him. I hope I’m wrong. I wish him the best. 
Fair enough.  Did you see him play before tonight?   It's kinda weird timing to have this strong of a stance, given that he was the only Gonzaga player who looked like he belonged on the same floor as Baylor tonight.

Anyway, I appreciate the take.  While I really like Suggs, it's also hard for me to see a future NBA star who justifies a top-3 or top-5 pick this June.

Yeah, "Suggs is not that good" is a weird take.  Eerily similar freshman stat line to Derrick Rose, right down to losing in the title game.

Suggs- 14.1, 5.5 and 4.6 on 50/33/76

Rose- 14.9, 4.5 and 4.7 on 48/34/71

Suggs an inch taller and 17 lbs heavier at the same age.  Extremely explosive, tough and perfectly fine mechanics on the jumper. (great balance and lift as well, even off the bounce)  Hard to see a scenario where he's not AT LEAST an average starting PG at the NBA level. IMO, that's his floor.

I think Suggs is a 10-15 year starter who goes to multiple all-star games and can be one of the best players on a championship team. What’s not to love? Weird take. 

It will be interesting to see if any of the Zags try to run it back next year. I imagine Suggs is gone. Would make sense for Ajayi to leave and Kispert is a senior. But with everyone getting a free year due to COVID....

They're bringing in Hunter Sallis, but he's not as good as Suggs.(IMO)  But they're gonna get Holmgren (worst kept secret in recruiting) so if Timme decides to run it back, they'll be REALLY good again.  Even if they lose him, they've got several talented bigs on the bench (including a McD's AA that enrolled in January and barely played) and are considered the favorites to land Walker Kessler from UNC.

Wing play seems like the only hole, but tons of decent options in the transfer portal.

I think Suggs is a 10-15 year starter who goes to multiple all-star games and can be one of the best players on a championship team. What’s not to love? Weird take. 
He's only 19, we need to wait until he grows a little fuzz on his stuff before dismissing him

I think conference competition paid off tonight.

Baylor played Cunningham three times, maybe the most athletic team in college basketball Texas, three times.  Then West Virginia, OU, Kansas,  The big 12 was a bunch of 3 point games all year, it was amazing.

Meanwhile Gonzaga beat the Pepperdine Kardashians three times, and trounced Sierra Mist State.

AAABatteries said:
Don’t get this.  Timme’s antics aside the team is well coached and a helluva squad.  I’m rooting very hard for them tonight.
Timme's antics are a lot of it though.  Try growing up not too far away from Spokane, Gonzaga has some major wagon jumpers the last 10 years. Happy they lost.

Timme's antics are a lot of it though.  Try growing up not too far away from Spokane, Gonzaga has some major wagon jumpers the last 10 years. Happy they lost.
Making sure he got his camera shot -- instead of getting back on D -- by doing the mustache thing and pointing to the sky after cutting the lead to like, FIFTEEN, ruined it for me.

Now I don't mind bringing up how much he gets away with traveling.  I found myself hitting rewind a number of times in their games, he's pretty slick at it.  Or they just don't call it on him.  But he travels a lot more than your average bear.  :bag:  

NutterButter said:
Not sure what you can do.  You go over, you're gonna get driven on.  You go under, they'll shoot the 3.  When they're stroking it like they are, you're kinda screwed.   
Yeah, really easy to criticize, but Baylor spaces the floor so well, that  secondary help ie either late or they so early that the kick is easy and the help gets put in the spin cycle.

Making sure he got his camera shot -- instead of getting back on D -- by doing the mustache thing and pointing to the sky after cutting the lead to like, FIFTEEN, ruined it for me.

Now I don't mind bringing up how much he gets away with traveling.  I found myself hitting rewind a number of times in their games, he's pretty slick at it.  Or they just don't call it on him.  But he travels a lot more than your average bear.  :bag:  
It would help if you understood the actual travel rule.

It will be interesting to see if any of the Zags try to run it back next year. I imagine Suggs is gone. Would make sense for Ajayi to leave and Kispert is a senior. But with everyone getting a free year due to COVID....

They're bringing in Hunter Sallis, but he's not as good as Suggs.(IMO)  But they're gonna get Holmgren (worst kept secret in recruiting) so if Timme decides to run it back, they'll be REALLY good again.  Even if they lose him, they've got several talented bigs on the bench (including a McD's AA that enrolled in January and barely played) and are considered the favorites to land Walker Kessler from UNC.

Wing play seems like the only hole, but tons of decent options in the transfer portal.
Vegas expects them to be good. FSU :unsure:  

Opening odds to win the 2022 CBB National Championship (Bovada):

Gonzaga +700
Florida State +1400
Michigan +1400
Ohio State +1600
Villanova +1600
Baylor +2000
Kansas +2000
Duke +2500
Houston +2500
Illinois +2500
Kentucky +2500
Louisville +2500
Texas Tech +2500
UCLA +2500

Vegas expects them to be good. FSU :unsure:  

Opening odds to win the 2022 CBB National Championship (Bovada):

Gonzaga +700
Florida State +1400
Michigan +1400
Ohio State +1600
Villanova +1600
Baylor +2000
Kansas +2000
Duke +2500
Houston +2500
Illinois +2500
Kentucky +2500
Louisville +2500
Texas Tech +2500
UCLA +2500

I think most expect Timme back. I imagine Nebhard will be back as well (he was lousy last night, but obviously good over the course of the season). I'm  sure most are projecting them to get Holmgren.  Seems like most of the "too early top 25" rankings have Ayayi projected to stay. This sort of surprises me.  Not quite sure what he has to gain by staying in terms of draft stock. He's probably a top 25 pick already and we're past the era of guys staying just so they can move up 10 spots into the lottery. 

I think most expect Timme back. I imagine Nebhard will be back as well (he was lousy last night, but obviously good over the course of the season). I'm  sure most are projecting them to get Holmgren.  Seems like most of the "too early top 25" rankings have Ayayi projected to stay. This sort of surprises me.  Not quite sure what he has to gain by staying in terms of draft stock. He's probably a top 25 pick already and we're past the era of guys staying just so they can move up 10 spots into the lottery. 
Yea I don’t understand that either. I’d think he’d go. 

Timme should get going and head to Europe already. What does staying another year in wherever the hell Gonzaga is do for him?

Ayayi would be crazy to stay. He looked like he got lucky dodging a terrible potential knee injury when his leg got caught underneath him last night. 

Users who are viewing this thread