What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread (1 Viewer)

After I posted above about ORU making 3s, I'm not sure they made another (I'm the ultimate jinx). But they outhustled OSU all game. That dude with the long hair was all over the floor taking the ball away from OSU and was a big factor in the game, and I'm not sure he even scored a point.
OSU's (sorry, TOSU's) Washington is going to be living with that game for a long time ...missing the shot at the end of regulation, missing two key FTs in OT, then missing the final - and open- three that could have forced double OT.  Heckuva game for ORU.

OSU's (sorry, TOSU's) Washington is going to be living with that game for a long time ...missing the shot at the end of regulation, missing two key FTs in OT, then missing the final - and open- three that could have forced double OT.  Heckuva game for ORU.
The trend of taking a pull up 3 tied or down 1 or 2 is ridiculous.  He'll be living with the regret of not driving the ball to the hole for God's sake.

Dunno. I assume so.

Back in the '70s, ACC games were syndicated. The big Saturday game - usually involving UNC - was always called by Jim Thacker and Billy Packer. They wore God-awful plaid suits, but that's what we had. He was a very good analyst then. 

Anyway, Packer got more bitter as time went on. He despised John Thompson and Georgetown. Same with Nolan Richardson and Arkansas. But, I think the Fab Five broke him. Notice a pattern?

CBS let him go on at least a decade and a half too long. 
:shrug:  I always liked him, thought he was a great analyst. Don't know or care about his politics. Just appreciated his work calling games. Called the 'Cuse championship game so he still gets air time in my house

The trend of taking a pull up 3 tied or down 1 or 2 is ridiculous.  He'll be living with the regret of not driving the ball to the hole for God's sake.
At the end of regulation, it looked like he was following an instinct to step back to the three-point line, which was unnecessary.  The slightly exaggerated step might have been the reason his shot clanked off the front of the rim.  He had ORU's talented offensive player - but small guy - guarding him.  No need to push his body away from the basket while launching that failed attempt over a short defender.

I only saw the last minute or two of the game plus overtime. All I know was I was yelling at him to pass the effing ball. He took every damn shot and didn't make jack. He deserves whatever regret he feels. He earned it.

I only saw the last minute or two of the game plus overtime. All I know was I was yelling at him to pass the effing ball. He took every damn shot and didn't make jack. He deserves whatever regret he feels. He earned it.
It's almost like NBA hero ball isn't good for the college (or lower level) game.

I was in Vegas about a decade ago and won a trivia prize by naming all of the 15s to ever beat a 2-seed.

There were four of them at the time ... there have been five in the decade since.
There were three P5 teams as of this morning that had not won a tourney game since 2000.  Now there are two left, name them.

There were three P5 teams as of this morning that had not won a tourney game since 2000.  Now there are two left, name them.
Nebraska has never won a tourney game , so that’s one. No idea on #2.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm on the Winthrop moneyline against Villanova later tonite at +225.

I picked them to win tonite and against Purdue in the next round to wreck my brackets early.

All aboard!

I'm going to guess OSU is set to break all records for FT percentage in a win.  If they simply hit FT they would have won by 80 or something.

I've actually seen both Nebraska and Rutgers play in the NCAA in person. Nebraska lost in '93 in Syracuse to New Mexico State. I know the Huskers have never won an NCAA game, period ... that's why I missed the other part of the question.

Rutgers lost to Iowa in 1989 in Providence ... it was the Friday afternoon session, and I scalped tix off some Rutgers fans at their hotel for the night games because my buddy and I wanted to see Barry Goheen and Vanderbilt take on Notre Dame in the late game.

We almost got the greatest bonus ever -- the early game was Princeton-Georgetown. There was absolutely no life in the building for the late game ... everyone was just drained after what we almost saw happen.

There are few things quite like being in the building when a high seed is stunned by a low seed in the first round. Everyone in the building rallies around the underdog.

I've seen Old Dominion as a 14 beat Villanova in triple-OT, Coppin State as a 15 beat No. 2 South Carolina, Mercer as a 14 beating 3 seed Duke. I remember Pepperdine taking Michigan to OT in Wichita in a 3-14 game ... that Michigan team went to the Elite Eight and lost to eventual champ Arkansas in 1994.

"Sorrentine ... from the parking lot" was right down the road from me in Worcester as Vermont stunned Syracuse. That was an unusual one because the building already was packed with fans from both schools.

SD St with some of the worst shooting I've ever seen.  I've seen plenty of teams take apart that zone in the past, but they are completely lost.

SD St with some of the worst shooting I've ever seen.  I've seen plenty of teams take apart that zone in the past, but they are completely lost.
How coaches don’t have some set plays to break down a zone is beyond me.  Sure, you don’t know you are going to draw Cuse - but come on.

Speaking of Cuse, where the hell is @Nipsey?

Everyone's clowned the Big Ten today, and rightly so, but the ACC has quietly put up a steaming pile of suck (Syracuse notwithstanding).

Morehead is absolutely stressing me out.  Culver is playing so poorly and Broome is completely in his head. 

Users who are viewing this thread