What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** March Madness watch thread (1 Viewer)

I hate watching these games where 100% of my frustration is directed at the refs.  Don't mind losing a good clean game but this is one that ticks me off it's even close.

Ugh I don't mind losing, but I hate losing like that.  Hate to be the "refs" guy but outside shooting team gets 23 free throws while an inside grinding team gets 8 you know things are screwed up.

The refs decided early that they were going to take it easy on the smaller guys.  Was so weak that any time a smaller ORU player went inside even the tiniest amount of negligible contact drew a whistle.  Then on the other end as long as it came from the smaller team they could run right through players and hack them at will and the whistle would get swallowed.

Abmas is an awesome player but didn't like what he did tonight.  Just drive inside and flop and he got the call every time.  Just out of control every time and they bail him out w/ a whistle.

Again I hate being like this, and last time Florida got knocked out in a close game I took it graciously.  But this wasn't a great Fla team and this was the best they played all year so really hate to see it end like that.  This game isn't close if it's called even remotely similarly both ways.  Annoying. :kicksrock:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ugh I don't mind losing, but I hate losing like that.  Hate to be the "refs" guy but outside shooting team gets 23 free throws while an inside grinding team gets 8 you know things are screwed up.

The refs decided early that they were going to take it easy on the smaller guys.  Was so weak that any time a smaller ORU player went inside even the tiniest amount of negligible contact drew a whistle.  Then on the other end as long as it came from the smaller team they could run right through players and hack them at will and the whistle would get swallowed.

Abmas is an awesome player but didn't like what he did tonight.  Just drive inside and flop and he got the call every time.  Just out of control every time and they bail him out w/ a whistle.

Again I hate being like this, and last time Florida got knocked out in a close game I took it graciously.  But this wasn't a great Fla team and this was the best they played all year so really hate to see it end like that.  This game isn't close if it's called even remotely similarly both ways.  Annoying.
Stop

Maybe it’s an off game, but not really impressed with Cunningham. A bunch of forced midrange jumpers, got his shot blocked a few times, some questionable decisions, out of control drives, etc. 

Maybe it’s an off game, but not really impressed with Cunningham. A bunch of forced midrange jumpers, got his shot blocked a few times, some questionable decisions, out of control drives, etc. 
seriously?? Kid is 24/4/3 and the rest of his team has been garbage 

seriously?? Kid is 24/4/3 and the rest of his team has been garbage 
Well, he was 6 for 20, but I’m more just referring to my untrained eye in terms of shot selection and decision making. I sort of expected the #1 pick to jump off the screen more, I dunno. 

The sum of the seeds of the 16 teams in the sweet 16 in 2019 was 49.

After only 8 teams in today, it's already at 57.

:eek:
The average is around 71.  2019 was just really chalky.

Here are the highest ever:

1986 - 89

1990 - 88

1999 - 88

2018 - 85

The average is around 71.  2019 was just really chalky.

Here are the highest ever:

1986 - 89

1990 - 88

1999 - 88

2018 - 85
If the eight highest seeds win Monday, at best it will be 86.

1 (Gonzaga) + 2 (Iowa) + 3 (Kansas) + 5 (Creighton) = 11

1 (Michigan) + 2 (Alabama) + 4 (FSU) + 11 (UCLA) = 18

57 + 11 + 18 = 86

me neither. Sweet stroke but doesn’t elevate. Several shots blocked. Out of control on several drives. Some risky passes. No doubt he’ll be a great spot up shooter but that’s not a #1 overall pick to me

I'm confused.  Kentucky basketball went 9-16, missed the tournament but they have three freshmen declaring for the draft?

Pac 12 way under rated by the experts and Big 10 way over rated.  The best team in the Pac 12 has yet to play.  I expect them to take care of Iowa tomorrow.
Exciting first half.  Oregon wins if they can keep their starters out of foul trouble.  Their starting 5 is much better than Iowa.

Users who are viewing this thread