What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

US-China talks break into tense confrontation on camera (1 Viewer)

Maybe I don't understand international relations that well....but that didn't seem really tense.  I thought each side was very honest in their assessment of the other country....with the U.S. being way more honest in regards to its countries shortcomings.

Not suprising.   Having been to China a number of times through work and seen some inner workings and feelings the Chinese people have always been friendly but somewhat ignorant about government doings.  Maybe the ignorance is born from fear of their government.   Make no mistake the Chinese government is no friend of the USA.   They are friends with areas they can control and dominate. For them to talk about human rights is laughable and they squash any dissent.  They use the riots here last summer as a talking point..but if that happened in China there would be thousands of rioters dead in a week and it would be over with the government cleaning the blood off the streets with business as usual.

I deal with engineeers here who have lived in the states for 15+ years who stilll look around and whisper when they talk about the Chinese government. That tells you the mind control they have over their people.

Last edited by a moderator:
The best thing that Biden can do in his 4 years is to draw our allies into a strong anti-Sino alliance. 
We don't need to bring manufacturing back, but we need to stop giving the China government the dollars we are.

The best thing that Biden can do in his 4 years is to draw our allies into a strong anti-Sino alliance. 
We don't need to bring manufacturing back, but we need to stop giving the China government the dollars we are.
We should do both.   Manufacturing ties in with national security as well.   We can`t be caught ever again depending on others for our survival needs in a time of crisis.

So?  Qualified is qualified.  There was a time not long ago where it wasn’t appropriate to have a women in a situation like this at all.  Times change.  
And sometimes your appearance is part of the qualifications. I don't know for certain that's the case here, but the content of your words isn't always the most important thing with every task. If someone with appearance X is going to prevent a goal from being reached, then it might be best to make a change. However, of course, there are situations and times when it is more important to make a statement on a needed change even if it jeopardizes a mission. Someone would need to decide what's most important here.

So?  Qualified is qualified.  There was a time not long ago where it wasn’t appropriate to have a women in a situation like this at all.  Times change.  
Maybe not for Chinese culture they don’t.I don’t care how qualified she may be, why dress like a clown?

Maybe not for Chinese culture they don’t.I don’t care how qualified she may be, why dress like a clown?
So if Chinese culture hadn’t caught up to women’s involvement we shouldn’t bring women?   

And sometimes your appearance is part of the qualifications. I don't know for certain that's the case here, but the content of your words isn't always the most important thing with every task. If someone with appearance X is going to prevent a goal from being reached, then it might be best to make a change. However, of course, there are situations and times when it is more important to make a statement on a needed change even if it jeopardizes a mission. Someone would need to decide what's most important here.
Of course I understand that and there’s certainly lines.  But mildly purple dyed hair on an otherwise very professional looking women in 2021 is hardly shocking, even in Chinese culture.  And my point is the truth is none of us know her worth there. I agree if she’s a fringe player then maybe the juice isn’t worth the squeeze. But for all we know she may be one of the best in the world at what she does. Her hair color seems like a silly thing to get caught up on at this point.  Feels more like a “gotcha talking point” in my opinion 

Biden’s team brought some woman with purple hair.  How embarrassing.  
Trying to find this ... got a name or photo? Where did you hear of this? Google is coming up empty. Could be legit, but I might need to use different search terms.
This guy's Twitter is the only place I see this mentioned. Given the source ... I want some corroboration that established the photo is not doctored. That said, I've seen that faded purple wash over gray or blonde hair before. It's not a particularly extreme look and IMHO looks like gray hair at a glance.

Of course I understand that and there’s certainly lines.  But mildly purple dyed hair on an otherwise very professional looking women in 2021 is hardly shocking, even in Chinese culture.  And my point is the truth is none of us know her worth there. I agree if she’s a fringe player then maybe the juice is worth the squeeze. Before for all we know she may be one of the best in the world at what she does. Her hair color seems like a silly thing to get caught up on at this point.  Feels more like a “gotcha talking point” in my opinion 
I agree we don't really know. All I've seen is that it happened, one person referred to her as a "staffer", and that Biden was mad about it. Other than seeing pictures that she was actually there, I don't know what else is actually true nor whether or not it had any impact.

This is JUST NOT TRUE. I know it sounds good, and it feels good to believe it and maybe one day we will get there.  But today this is simply NOT true.  

Appearances matter.  How you present yourself matters.   I will NOT hire some guy who comes into a job interview with jeans with holes in them and a wife beater tee shirt.  I don't give a crap how qualified he is.  Wouldn't happen.

If a woman came to a job interview in her pajamas, or with her hair in rollers, yeah she isn't getting the job either.  We have to stop stop stop trying to believe the world is even a 1/4 as close to the kumbaya world some of you hippies want to believe we are.

Jack Posobiec ain't gonna cut it. Who else is reporting this? Preferably a news entity that existed before the popular Internet. No blogs, YouTube, or Twitter accounts.

I agree we don't really know. All I've seen is that it happened, one person referred to her as a "staffer", and that Biden was mad about it. Other than seeing pictures that she was actually there, I don't know what else is actually true nor whether or not it had any impact.
Right and that’s exactly my point. I’m an executive at $100 million company. I’ve sat down at lots of negotiation tables and I understand the general dynamics at play in an environment like that.  Just seems silly to me to jump to conclusions via a picture when none of us know the reason for her being there. 

Right and that’s exactly my point. I’m an executive at $100 million company. I’ve sat down at lots of negotiation tables and I understand the general dynamics at play in an environment like that.  Just seems silly to me to jump to conclusions via a picture when none of us know the reason for her being there. 
Just knowing how China is, why would you think that look would be appropriate in a setting like that?

I've been going through file photos of Blinken's staff -- not seeing the purple hair on anyone. The "purple-haired" person could be an interpreter or someone local doing steno.

Appearances matter.  US looks like clowns.  Apparently, Biden was embarrassed as well
Her appearance is fine.  And we have no idea what Biden felt...only what Posobiec claims...which isn't very credible.

Clowns...no we don't...and way less clownlike than a bad tan and awful combover. 

This is JUST NOT TRUE. I know it sounds good, and it feels good to believe it and maybe one day we will get there.  But today this is simply NOT true.  

Appearances matter.  How you present yourself matters.   I will NOT hire some guy who comes into a job interview with jeans with holes in them and a wife beater tee shirt.  I don't give a crap how qualified he is.  Wouldn't happen.

If a woman came to a job interview in her pajamas, or with her hair in rollers, yeah she isn't getting the job either.  We have to stop stop stop trying to believe the world is even a 1/4 as close to the kumbaya world some of you hippies want to believe we are.
You’re conflating a lot of things there, and I agree in general with the examples you’ve given. But none of those apply to this context.  Again, her role there, why she was there and her area of expertise matter in this context. To this point no one here can answer those questions so it seems silly to me to jump to conclusions.  

And for clarity sake this isn’t a partisan “defend Biden” stance I’m taking here.  I didn’t vote for him.  

You’re conflating a lot of things there in I agree  in general with the examples you’ve given. But none of those apply to this context.  Again, her role there, why she was there and her area of expertise matter in this context. To this point no one here can answer those questions so it seems silly to me to jump to conclusions.  

And for clarity sake this isn’t a partisan “defend Biden” stance I’m taking here.  I didn’t vote for him.  
It was a more a push back against the mindset of "qualified is qualified" that's just not true.   And appearances matter.  

Users who are viewing this thread