What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I'm tired of hearing about race (1 Viewer)

Of course that's awful.  And it's another part of it.  But most everyone wants to say "yeah, but those acts of racist violence don't happen very often.  But in everyday life, racism doesn't exist nearly as much".

Yet, in California, we see where a "trusted" member of society, a teacher, holds these kinds of views.  And this teacher was actually doing a good thing by Zooming with the student after school and working with him.  But, with that viewpoint, that bias will undoubtedly influence her teaching and her grading and her expectations and it's why we see studies that show that black students perform differently and are treated differently.  I think we can agree she's not the only one (just the one we found out about).  And her influence is with multiple children, year after year, along with any others like her.

So, for those that are tired of hearing about racism, this is what that student and every other minority student she has taught has dealt with without even knowing about it. 
Well yes, of course that's awful.

I'm not going to argue this one further, there's nothing constructive to come of it.  This thread title and approach are poorly worded and mostly leading to unconstructive piling on by both sides.  Will avoid being part of the rubbernecking.

gianmarco said:
Of course that's awful.  And it's another part of it.  But most everyone wants to say "yeah, but those acts of racist violence don't happen very often.  But in everyday life, racism doesn't exist nearly as much".

Yet, in California, we see where a "trusted" member of society, a teacher, holds these kinds of views.  And this teacher was actually doing a good thing by Zooming with the student after school and working with him.  But, with that viewpoint, that bias will undoubtedly influence her teaching and her grading and her expectations and it's why we see studies that show that black students perform differently and are treated differently.  I think we can agree she's not the only one (just the one we found out about).  And her influence is with multiple children, year after year, along with any others like her.

So, for those that are tired of hearing about racism, this is what that student and every other minority student she has taught has dealt with without even knowing about it. 
In california we saw where a school board commissioner referred to asians in a very derogatory manner. I mean surely there must many other black school board members that feel the same way.

In fact she feels so strongly about it she is now suing because she received a vote of no confidence and she held a rally with many supporters present. Surely they all hold these views too. 

Their influence is probably a big reason why we have so many anti asian attacks right now from the black community. 

If one teacher can reach so many every year imagine how much of an effect somebody involved with setting the agenda for all teachers can have.

Imagine if all of a sudden a system was put in place by this very school board to limit asian enrollment in elite schools and they were able to just do so right out in the open?

Senator Tim Scott has been getting a lot of response from his response to Biden's State of the Union.  "Uncle Tim" trended for a day on Twitter before it was curtailed.  A blue team politician in Texas labeled him an oreo, etc.

Administration response - crickets

NAACP response - crickets

BLM response - crickets

So, if you're tired of hearing about race, just direct it at red team minorities.  Sweet, sweet silence follows.

Senator Tim Scott has been getting a lot of response from his response to Biden's State of the Union.  "Uncle Tim" trended for a day on Twitter before it was curtailed.  A blue team politician in Texas labeled him an oreo, etc.

BLM response - crickets

So, if you're tired of hearing about race, just direct it at red team minorities.  Sweet, sweet silence follows.
FBG Liberal Posters - crickets

BLM response - crickets

Can you share the link regarding the bolded?

I saw on Facebook today a woman say that black women are obese because of racism. 

At this point I would suggest everyone read Shelby Steele's "White Guilt".  Then you'll understand why people will say anything is caused by racism.  Hint, hint, it has to do with $$.

BLM response - crickets

Can you share the link regarding the bolded?

And Gary O'Connor now resigns.

Remind me of the problem here?

I’m tired of hearing from people who are tired of hearing about race. In some ways, people who either ignore or choose to deny the existence of racism are as big a problem as the actual racists. 

I’m tired of hearing from people who are tired of hearing about race. In some ways, people who either ignore or choose to deny the existence of racism are as big a problem as the actual racists. 
On Tim Scott:

BLM response - crickets

It's incredibly sad that these three organizations have tacitly approved of the rampant racism against Sen. Scott due to his political leanings.  Thanks for bringing this back up, Tim.  

I don't think anyone is ignoring or denying the existence of racism. I think the issue is that the race hustlers make it sound like we're living in the 1850s again And people like you are buying into a lock stock and barrel.

This idea that 95% of white people don't despise racism is ridiculous.  The left is fighting a militant war against a problem which virtually nobody disagrees with them about.  Virtually NOBODY is for racism.  No one is in favor of hate.  People are in total agreement that everyone should have equal opportunity.  The left keeps injecting hatred and division into everything.  STOP IT!  The left is not fighting for equal opportunity and justice.  The left is fighting a radical war against white people and real equality. It is 100 percent disgusting.

This idea that 95% of white people don't despise racism is ridiculous.  The left is fighting a militant war against a problem which virtually nobody disagrees with them about.  Virtually NOBODY is for racism.  No one is in favor of hate.  People are in total agreement that everyone should have equal opportunity.  The left keeps injecting hatred and division into everything.  STOP IT!  The left is not fighting for equal opportunity and justice.  The left is fighting a radical war against white people and real equality. It is 100 percent disgusting.
Great article here about the equity mess and how the left has made things significantly worse.  

On Tim Scott:

BLM response - crickets

It's incredibly sad that these three organizations have tacitly approved of the rampant racism against Sen. Scott due to his political leanings.  Thanks for bringing this back up, Tim.  
Rampant racism??

One guy makes a dumb comment and is forced to resign. I’ve seen a lot of criticism of Scott’s speech (and frankly, he deserved it- his statement about Georgia alone was shameful and absurd) but very little of it was rampant racism. 

So what does all of this "talk" do?

Serious question.

Does it stop the whatever % of true racists out there from being racist?  Does it make white saviors feel better about themselves? 

If some ####### wants to be a racist, all the talk, shaming, and diversity classes aren't going to stop them.  There are a % of people in this world that are just angry #######s.  Let them go.

Rampant racism??

One guy makes a dumb comment and is forced to resign. I’ve seen a lot of criticism of Scott’s speech (and frankly, he deserved it- his statement about Georgia alone was shameful and absurd) but very little of it was rampant racism. 
The "Uncle Tim" hashtag was repeated tens of thousands of times in less than a day on Twitter.  The oreo guy was just the cherry on top.

I'm not talking about substantive criticism of Scott's speech; disagreeing with content is just fine.

Users who are viewing this thread