What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Scarface movie with Al Pacino (1 Viewer)

eoMMan

Footballguy
Two questions...

1. Should I watch this movie? (Never saw it)

2. Would there be outrage if this movie was made today with Al Pacino playing a Cuban refugee?

Your life will be deprived without it.

The only outrage would be concerning Al's poor Cuban accent.

There are many, many very quotable lines from this cult classic.

I lived in the greater Miami vicinity during the time frame and couldn't wait to see it when it first came out at the theater. My first watch I was kinda "meh". But then after 30 more viewings it is definitely in my collection of must haves.

1.) Of course

2.) I don't know why there would be.  To me, the movie was never about "zOMG, look at what these Cubans are doing."  In my opinion, the movie has always been about "the drug culture is not glamorous, in fact it's pretty horrible and most people that get into it have an extremely short life expectancy."  

You should watch it. it's a classic.

I'm curious what your take on it will be. I re-watched it a couple years ago, and it didn't age very well, imo. 

Me too. Please share with us 

I can't really comment on it holding up well or not. I never thought it was a great movie, only an above average one but one worth watching. Lone Wolf McQuade isn't a good movie but its worth seeing. 

:chainsawinthebathtub:

It's not an enjoyable movie necessarily. But you should definitely watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your life will be deprived without it.

The only outrage would be concerning Al's poor Cuban accent.

There are many, many very quotable lines from this cult classic.

I lived in the greater Miami vicinity during the time frame and couldn't wait to see it when it first came out at the theater. My first watch I was kinda "meh". But then after 30 more viewings it is definitely in my collection of must haves.

Say hello to my li'l friend

Make sure to watch the unedited cut or you may be deprived of certain depravities.

A classic guy flick btw, a must for points on the man card 

1. If you like gangster crime movies like Goodfellas or Donnie Brasco then yes ofcourse you should watch it. It's campy but a ton of fun.

2. Of course there would be. 

On very rare occasions, I have to use the world Baltimore at work, and more often than not, I can't help but say like Tony does the first time Elvira tells him she is from (Balt-E-more). 

Love this film.  One of Pacino's best performances ever. 

Make sure to watch the unedited cut or you may be deprived of certain depravities.

A classic guy flick btw, a must for points on the man card 
I'm actually partial to some of the tv friendly edits:

"The world is like a great big chicken just waiting to get plucked"

Users who are viewing this thread