Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

10 minutes ago, tonydead said:

I will let you know how everyone reports it. We all should be concerned with media reporting. But I understand why you arent. 

:lol:  This should be interesting... 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mass shootings affect a far larger number of people than just those that are actually injured and killed. It traumatizes everyone present. It traumatizes first responders who are involved. It traumati

Wow. A bunch of people die from a madman with a gun, but hey, it's only about the same amount that have died from lightning, so no biggie holy ####

1 hour ago you were posting this.   Had to get that zinger in there first, then post a shot at me, but yeah turn it on me and make it seem like I don't care about people losing their lives.  It's a gi

6 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

:lol:  This should be interesting... 

I'm not going to waste my time explaining it to you. WTF is wrong with you?  

Edited by tonydead
1 minute ago, KarmaPolice said:

Why bring it up?  You seemed to have a point to make.  

You're trying to play gotcha in the middle of a mass shooting event. #### maybe?  Zero self awareness. Incredible and disgusting. GTFO. 

1 hour ago, tonydead said:

In related news, news outlets are feverishly trying to figure out what the race of the shooter is so they can decide how to report on it. 

6 minutes ago, tonydead said:

You're trying to play gotcha in the middle of a mass shooting event. #### maybe?  Zero self awareness. Incredible and disgusting. GTFO. 

1 hour ago you were posting this.   Had to get that zinger in there first, then post a shot at me, but yeah turn it on me and make it seem like I don't care about people losing their lives.  It's a given that we all care when people get shot up, and our hearts go out to the families involved.  

• Like 5

We have multiple people with injuries consistent with gunshot wounds," officer Genea Cook said, adding that there were others who have been transported to various hospitals throughout the area

FedEx weighs in. 

We are aware of the tragic shooting at our FedEx Ground facility near the Indianapolis airport," the company said. "Safety is our top priority, and our thoughts are with all those who are affected. We are working to gather more information and are cooperating with investigating authorities

Just now, timschochet said:

I’d be curious to know how many of these involve AR-15s or similar weapons. The vast majority, I’m guessing. 

If so, it would be a shift in guns used.   We've been over this a ton, tim - and they aren't used in the majority of mass shootings.  

Just now, KarmaPolice said:

If so, it would be a shift in guns used.   We've been over this a ton, tim - and they aren't used in the majority of mass shootings.  

Fair enough. It seems like all the ones I read about are. But in any case they seem to have a more deadly result when they are used...

11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’d be curious to know how many of these involve AR-15s or similar weapons. The vast majority, I’m guessing. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

In the 25 deadliest mass shootings - the primary common denominator was a semi-automatic weapon - rifle or handgun.

5 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass_shootings_in_the_United_States

In the 25 deadliest mass shootings - the primary common denominator was a semi-automatic weapon - rifle or handgun.

1.  Male

2.  Semi - auto

Probably as close as we get as commonalities in mass shootings overall (when we include all of them - gang/drug shootings). 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Godsbrother said:

I keep waiting for all of the "good guys with guns" to come forward and put an end to mass shootings.   

Seems like the "bad guys with guns" are winning.

I doubt FedEx allows guns on their property.  So any "good guy" with a gun would be following the rules and not have their gun with them.

1 minute ago, bcat01 said:

I doubt FedEx allows guns on their property.  So any "good guy" with a gun would be following the rules and not have their gun with them.

I guess "good guy with guns" isn't the solution then.

• Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

If they were allowed to carry it could be a solution.  Gun free zones don't work.

4 minutes ago, bcat01 said:

If they were allowed to carry it could be a solution.  Gun free zones don't work.

It's also a real possibility it could make things worse.   If a decent of these are grievances about work, it would make firings and arguments at work a lot more interesting.  

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Fair enough. It seems like all the ones I read about are. But in any case they seem to have a more deadly result when they are used...

I just read 8 dead 5 injured. Based on that ratio I would expect this was an AR15, but obviously not an absolute. 

Typically the amount killed to injured will be a much higher ratio with an AR15. 

There are always exceptions to this, but I can post tons of examples of 7 or more people being shot with handguns where 0-1 people die. That list is pretty small for an AR15. 

15 minutes ago, bcat01 said:

In very rare circumstances maybe but carrying a concealed gun is more for your own protection than defending other people. 

Expecting untrained civilians to take down a killer during a mass shooting is unrealistic.  Even police officers that are trained to respond to mass shootings find it very difficult.

Here is an amusing video for anyone that has 10 minutes to spare:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDkEFX52r9M

Any mass stabbings in our country today?  What about mass baseball bat killings?  Surely we had a couple mass bombings?  No?  Just another mass shooting?  Weird.  

11 minutes ago, parrot said:

Any mass stabbings in our country today?  What about mass baseball bat killings?  Surely we had a couple mass bombings?  No?  Just another mass shooting?  Weird.  

There was a mass stabbing a few days ago.  AFAIK there wasn't a mass shooting that day.  Weird.

4 minutes ago, John123 said:

There was a mass stabbing a few days ago.  AFAIK there wasn't a mass shooting that day.  Weird.

Is this the Reseda incident?  If so then that's a nope, only three victims there.  Gotta have at least 4 to qualify as a mass killing in this day and age.  Also, subsequent reporting has indicated they were drowned.  Also, also, even if I spotted you this one, I think you know ### for tat, stabbed for shot is not a game you're going to win.  

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, parrot said:

Is this the Reseda incident?  If so then that's a nope, only three victims there.  Gotta have at least 4 to qualify as a mass killing in this day and age.  Also, subsequent reporting has indicated they were drowned.  Also, also, even if I spotted you this one, I think you know ### for tat, stabbed for shot is not a game you're going to win.  

it's about repeating the same NRA lines until you get tired and block him...

Edited by killface
12 minutes ago, killface said:

it's about repeating the same NRA lines until you get tired and block him...

We did have a nice run though. Haven't had a mass shooting with more than 3 dead since April 7.  9 whole days.  

Just now, parrot said:

We did have a nice run though. Haven't had a mass shooting with more than 3 dead since April 7.  9 whole days.  

It's just gross and it's one the most infuriating political arguments for me

People dead, families ruined.  They were just trying to do their job or go to school and yet 30% of the population and their love of an inanimate object  is wrecking so many families.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, killface said:

People dead, families ruined.  They were just trying to do their job or go to school and yet 30% of the population and their love of an inanimate object  is wrecking so many families.

Meh.  It's a small price to pay to ensure we can effectively control the feral hog population.  

• Like 1
1 minute ago, parrot said:

Meh.  It's a small price to pay to ensure we can effectively control the feral hog population.  

and keep the king of england out of our living room

• Like 1

8 people dead just trying to go to work and support their families.  Heartbreaking.  

But the most eye opening part of the article I read on yahoo this morning... “It was at least the third mass shooting this year in Indianapolis alone.”.  3rd? In only 4 months? WTF man!!

• Sad 1
Just now, dkp993 said:

8 people dead just trying to go to work and support their families.  Heartbreaking.  

But the most eye opening part of the article I read on yahoo this morning... “It was at least the third mass shooting this year in Indianapolis alone.”.  3rd? In only 4 months? WTF man!!

Just another day in America

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

The image I have in my head is a room full of Stealthycats shooting at each other because they don’t realize which person with a gun is the mass shooter, probably also shooting a few extra bystanders. 

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, killface said:

Yeah but the real problem that needs addressing is voter fraud.

7 minutes ago, Dickies said:

The image I have in my head is a room full of Stealthycats shooting at each other because they don’t realize which person with a gun is the mass shooter, probably also shooting a few extra bystanders. 

And then an uproar when cops shoot the good guy with a gun.  Because when they show up their focus is on a person with a gun.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

This is the worst post in a thread full of dumb posts

congrats?

and yet you lowered the bar coming in just to point how dumb you think everyone is

Congrats?

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

Dems are in control.  When is the gun control bill going to pass? 

Would you like to get rid of the filibuster?