What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Mass Shootings Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In related news, news outlets are feverishly trying to figure out what the race of the shooter is so they can decide how to report on it. 

You're trying to play gotcha in the middle of a mass shooting event. #### maybe?  Zero self awareness. Incredible and disgusting. GTFO. 
1 hour ago you were posting this.   Had to get that zinger in there first, then post a shot at me, but yeah turn it on me and make it seem like I don't care about people losing their lives.  It's a given that we all care when people get shot up, and our hearts go out to the families involved.  

FedEx weighs in. 

We are aware of the tragic shooting at our FedEx Ground facility near the Indianapolis airport," the company said. "Safety is our top priority, and our thoughts are with all those who are affected. We are working to gather more information and are cooperating with investigating authorities

I keep waiting for all of the "good guys with guns" to come forward and put an end to mass shootings.   

Seems like the "bad guys with guns" are winning.

If so, it would be a shift in guns used.   We've been over this a ton, tim - and they aren't used in the majority of mass shootings.  
Fair enough. It seems like all the ones I read about are. But in any case they seem to have a more deadly result when they are used...

I keep waiting for all of the "good guys with guns" to come forward and put an end to mass shootings.   

Seems like the "bad guys with guns" are winning.
I doubt FedEx allows guns on their property.  So any "good guy" with a gun would be following the rules and not have their gun with them.

If they were allowed to carry it could be a solution.  Gun free zones don't work.
It's also a real possibility it could make things worse.   If a decent of these are grievances about work, it would make firings and arguments at work a lot more interesting.  

Fair enough. It seems like all the ones I read about are. But in any case they seem to have a more deadly result when they are used...
I just read 8 dead 5 injured. Based on that ratio I would expect this was an AR15, but obviously not an absolute. 

Typically the amount killed to injured will be a much higher ratio with an AR15. 

There are always exceptions to this, but I can post tons of examples of 7 or more people being shot with handguns where 0-1 people die. That list is pretty small for an AR15. 

If they were allowed to carry it could be a solution.  Gun free zones don't work.
In very rare circumstances maybe but carrying a concealed gun is more for your own protection than defending other people. 

Expecting untrained civilians to take down a killer during a mass shooting is unrealistic.  Even police officers that are trained to respond to mass shootings find it very difficult.

Here is an amusing video for anyone that has 10 minutes to spare:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDkEFX52r9M

Any mass stabbings in our country today?  What about mass baseball bat killings?  Surely we had a couple mass bombings?  No?  Just another mass shooting?  Weird.  

Any mass stabbings in our country today?  What about mass baseball bat killings?  Surely we had a couple mass bombings?  No?  Just another mass shooting?  Weird.  
There was a mass stabbing a few days ago.  AFAIK there wasn't a mass shooting that day.  Weird.

There was a mass stabbing a few days ago.  AFAIK there wasn't a mass shooting that day.  Weird.
Is this the Reseda incident?  If so then that's a nope, only three victims there.  Gotta have at least 4 to qualify as a mass killing in this day and age.  Also, subsequent reporting has indicated they were drowned.  Also, also, even if I spotted you this one, I think you know ### for tat, stabbed for shot is not a game you're going to win.  

Is this the Reseda incident?  If so then that's a nope, only three victims there.  Gotta have at least 4 to qualify as a mass killing in this day and age.  Also, subsequent reporting has indicated they were drowned.  Also, also, even if I spotted you this one, I think you know ### for tat, stabbed for shot is not a game you're going to win.  
 it's about repeating the same NRA lines until you get tired and block him...

Last edited by a moderator:
We did have a nice run though. Haven't had a mass shooting with more than 3 dead since April 7.  9 whole days.  
It's just gross and it's one the most infuriating political arguments for me

People dead, families ruined.  They were just trying to do their job or go to school and yet 30% of the population and their love of an inanimate object  is wrecking so many families.

People dead, families ruined.  They were just trying to do their job or go to school and yet 30% of the population and their love of an inanimate object  is wrecking so many families.
Meh.  It's a small price to pay to ensure we can effectively control the feral hog population.  

8 people dead just trying to go to work and support their families.  Heartbreaking.  

But the most eye opening part of the article I read on yahoo this morning... “It was at least the third mass shooting this year in Indianapolis alone.”.  3rd? In only 4 months? WTF man!!

8 people dead just trying to go to work and support their families.  Heartbreaking.  

But the most eye opening part of the article I read on yahoo this morning... “It was at least the third mass shooting this year in Indianapolis alone.”.  3rd? In only 4 months? WTF man!!
Just another day in America

I guess "good guy with guns" isn't the solution then.
The image I have in my head is a room full of Stealthycats shooting at each other because they don’t realize which person with a gun is the mass shooter, probably also shooting a few extra bystanders. 

Yeah but the real problem that needs addressing is voter fraud.

The image I have in my head is a room full of Stealthycats shooting at each other because they don’t realize which person with a gun is the mass shooter, probably also shooting a few extra bystanders. 
And then an uproar when cops shoot the good guy with a gun.  Because when they show up their focus is on a person with a gun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread