What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Micah Parsons just ran a 4.39 (1 Viewer)

With the wind or AC at his back.  But Detroit could still be a good fit at #7,  they need defenders more than anyone.
I was actually more impressed with his 6.86 3-cone. But not so great vertical or bench.

Hes the kind of guy you’d be thrilled to get in the middle of the first. As noted often (by many) the best move for the Lions would be trade back & puck up an extra Day Two pick. Holes everywhere. But def their biggest need is the entire LB corps needs to be replaced in the next few years.

Strange things are afoot at that Pro Day..

Penn State DE Shaka Toney ran a 4.51 40-yard dash at his pro day workout this Thursday.

Tony (6'3/252) posted an elite 4.51 40-yard dash, but didn't just stop there. He also posted a staggering 39" vertical jump, 128-inch broad jump, 4.28 shuttle and 6.95 three-cone. All of those marks would have ranked at the very top of 2020 NFL Scouting Combine defensive linemen. His 24 bench reps were solid for the position, ranking 18th among 2020 combine invitees. 

Strange things are afoot at that Pro Day..

Penn State DE Shaka Toney ran a 4.51 40-yard dash at his pro day workout this Thursday.

Tony (6'3/252) posted an elite 4.51 40-yard dash, but didn't just stop there. He also posted a staggering 39" vertical jump, 128-inch broad jump, 4.28 shuttle and 6.95 three-cone. All of those marks would have ranked at the very top of 2020 NFL Scouting Combine defensive linemen. His 24 bench reps were solid for the position, ranking 18th among 2020 combine invitees. 
Penn State better be on the up and up or somebody is going to State Penn.

Since these 40’s are all ran at pro days, like always, it’s pretty easy to tack on 0.1 seconds per run. Other events such as vertical and bench are at face value, because you can’t exactly juice that 

Remember when consensus rookie pick 1.02 Laquon Treadwell declined running the 40 at the combine, then at his Pro Day ran 4.63 & 4.65? ... yeah, I took him over Derrick Henry 😑

Wasn't really interested in the prospect but saw some things not mentioned in the thread.

================================

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/04/15/penn-states-micah-parsons-has-past-make-nfl-teams-pause/7221446002/

...  suspended and accused of trying to incite a riot.

... teammate Isaiah Humphries accused him of leading a hazing incident that triggered a lawsuit against the university.

=================================

The 'hazing' incident consisted of Micah telling Humphries that 'this' (the locker room) was a prison and he was their beeyach as he along with other physically held down players and 'humped them'.  

Yeah.

Ah, no surprise I've heard the Dolphins have removed him from their draft list for off-field concerns.

Bracie Smathers said:
Wasn't really interested in the prospect but saw some things not mentioned in the thread.

================================

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/nfl/2021/04/15/penn-states-micah-parsons-has-past-make-nfl-teams-pause/7221446002/

...  suspended and accused of trying to incite a riot.

... teammate Isaiah Humphries accused him of leading a hazing incident that triggered a lawsuit against the university.

=================================

The 'hazing' incident consisted of Micah telling Humphries that 'this' (the locker room) was a prison and he was their beeyach as he along with other physically held down players and 'humped them'.  

Yeah.

Ah, no surprise I've heard the Dolphins have removed him from their draft list for off-field concerns.
Yeah, that has been the buzz around the dolphins since late last year when it started to become clear the Texans pick would be high. I think this guy is every bit worth a high pick on the field as Simmons last year, and I was salivating at the thought of the dolphins defense with him on the field. But there have been mentions of off field concerns for a while. He'd probably be the premiere defensive prospect in this class if not for them. 

No interest in this guy based on these stories. One of the stories is so vulgar, I am not even sure I can say it here. 
Yeah, I'll take a pass on this guy. He might fall to the Jets. They don't need that garbage. He claims he's grown up and is already turning it on reporters to ask themselves if they were the same man at 25 as they were at 18. Not good enough. He should atone and atone mightily, not pull that garbage.

No interest in this guy based on these stories. One of the stories is so vulgar, I am not even sure I can say it here. 
Warren Sapp was a terrible guy in college and fell down several spots on Draft Day before the Bucs gambled on him and all in all it paid off although I know many fans who hated him his entire career, think he was a cheap shot artist and the list goes on and on but he earned his ring and spot in Canton on the field. 

Charles Haley was pretty gnarly, is Parsons that messed up? I do respect your candid take and I understand why you feel that way, i tend to agree with you and am warming up more to Nick Bolton from Missouri and can be had after Parsons, maybe even in the 2nd Round. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Warren Sapp was a terrible guy in college and fell down several spots on Draft Day before the Bucs gambled on him and all in all it paid off although I know many fans who hated him his entire career, think he was a cheap shot artist and the list goes on and on but he earned his ring and spot in Canton on the field. 

Charles Haley was pretty gnarly, is Parsons that messed up? I do respect your candid take and I understand why you feel that way, i tend to agree with you and am warming up more to Nick Bolton from Missouri and can be had after Parsons, maybe even in the 2nd Round. 
If you read the complaints against Parsons and Yetur-Matos, the allegations (that's all they are) are astoundingly messed up, yes. Like forced sodomy/rape bad.

Maybe but I don't think I would take the risk. I am also especially looking it from the POV of the Lions (my team). That isn't the guy I would want to make as the first pick of the new regime and one of the de facto new leaders of a young team developing team. 

If you read the complaints against Parsons and Yetur-Matos, the allegations (that's all they are) are astoundingly messed up, yes. Like forced sodomy/rape bad.
Yeah and maybe teams have more info to know whether these allegations are true or not. I can work with a guy who got into fights or had some had petty run ins with the law but when we start talking sexually assaulting team mates, I will pass. Speaking from some level of experience working with teens in juvenile detention.  

Maybe but I don't think I would take the risk. I am also especially looking it from the POV of the Lions (my team). That isn't the guy I would want to make as the first pick of the new regime and one of the de facto new leaders of a young team developing team. 
Totally understand

I agree that on a team that needs to rebuild its culture someone like Parsons probably should not be an option. Football is full of bad guys though. It's the nature of the sport. Team's with an established culture should not auto-dismiss this guy, especially if he falls below the top tier as it appears increasingly likely he will.

Sapp was a bad guy, Sapp was a cheap shot artist. Sapp was also a disruptive force on a good defense.

Many players in the NFL are not good guys.  A team is going to draft him in the first rd.  So if a team is sitting there at 12-18 they are hoping he drops.

Yeah and maybe teams have more info to know whether these allegations are true or not. I can work with a guy who got into fights or had some had petty run ins with the law but when we start talking sexually assaulting team mates, I will pass. Speaking from some level of experience working with teens in juvenile detention.  

Hopefully, more info on these allegations come out in the next few days.   
Parson has issued statements saying he was young and did make some dumb mistakes.  

These are old allegations, he is not denying them.  There are multiple.  He is implicitly acknowledging them as true.  

Whatever kind of person he is now, he was a cruel bully at some point.  

Which.........whatever.  :shrug:   I am very good friends with someone who was a bully, and is now the sweetest person ever.  Richie Incognito is clearly a jagoff, Gross-Matos was drafted last year, and I didn't hear a thing about this story.  People can change, and even if he hasn't, he's not joining a patty cake league.  

I understand a Lions fan not wanting to draft him, but I think it's also within the range of outcomes that Parsons is exactly the kind of alpha the defense needs.  

No one really knows where he's at now.  

The only thing I'm sure of is that no one is really trying to talk about these allegations.  

Sapp failed his drug test due to pot smoking.  He failed THEE intelligent test.  He got fired from ESPN for shenanigans so missed important memos from the universe.

Micah was a bully, ok.  Their are bullies and then their is this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justine@LarimerJustine

Things Micah Parsons can control. Wrestling teammates down and simulating a humping action while on top of them. Placing his penis in their faces while simulating ejaculation. Placing his penis on and in their buttocks. Stop excusing sexual assault. #NFLDraft #NFLDraft2021

Justine@LarimerJustine

Things Micah Parsons can control. Wrestling teammates down and simulating a humping action while on top of them. Placing his penis in their faces while simulating ejaculation. Placing his penis on and in their buttocks. Stop excusing sexual assault. #NFLDraft #NFLDraft2021
:oldunsure:

But hey, Charles Haley was a nut job too and he was the 3rd best DE Ive ever seen. 

Sapp failed his drug test due to pot smoking.  He failed THEE intelligent test.  He got fired from ESPN for shenanigans so missed important memos from the universe.

Micah was a bully, ok.  Their are bullies and then their is this:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Justine@LarimerJustine

Personal friend of yours? Because she's got like 110 followers.

(I've read numerous reports on Parsons and don't doubt he's done some dark hazing stuff, but come on bruh - at least find a credible source)

Personal friend of yours? Because she's got like 110 followers.

(I've read numerous reports on Parsons and don't doubt he's done some dark hazing stuff, but come on bruh - at least find a credible source)
What's the cutoff for credibility?  1,000 followers?  10,000?  A checkmark?

Thank you for adding to the discussion today.
If you're going to call someone out for not being credible I want to know why. Otherwise you're just blathering.

To add an opinion, I truly hope the Loins ignore this bushleague bull#### and take him.  Maybe with a trade down into the teens.

If you think that's what really happened, I don't know what to tell you. There is a reason the lawsuit has been dismissed and the players weren't punished (other than Barber, who initiated the taunting and left the team soon after). Yeah, you can make the Sandusky jokes but it's silly to think there was truth to it and everyone turned a blind eye (again) after Sandusky. Not to mention that Parsons was in the same Freshman class as Humphries, so it would be very weird for a Freshman to haze another Freshman. 

Of course, I hope he has turned around some other immaturity and does well in the NFL. So if dropping down to a better team is what happens, that's actually good. 

If you're going to call someone out for not being credible I want to know why. Otherwise you're just blathering.

To add an opinion, I truly hope the Loins ignore this bushleague bull#### and take him.  Maybe with a trade down into the teens.
Bracie quoted a random person with 110 followers. There are nearly an infinite number of sources with more credibility. Any news publication, any writer who does this for a living would constitute a quotable source. Justine from Twitterverse, not so much. Honestly that’s not something that should have to be explained.

Seems most of the information from these March 2018 allegations are from the lawsuit Isaiah Humphries filed against 4 upper class man. That’s the guy Parsons beat up and choked out (the DB transferred to Cal.) There was another incident / fight with teammate in which a knife was pulled.

Anyway, I don’t really see the value in the Lions taking a off the ball, run-n-chase LB at #7. Would rather they trade back for additional capital.

If you think that's what really happened, I don't know what to tell you. There is a reason the lawsuit has been dismissed and the players weren't punished (other than Barber, who initiated the taunting and left the team soon after). Yeah, you can make the Sandusky jokes but it's silly to think there was truth to it and everyone turned a blind eye (again) after Sandusky. Not to mention that Parsons was in the same Freshman class as Humphries, so it would be very weird for a Freshman to haze another Freshman. 

Of course, I hope he has turned around some other immaturity and does well in the NFL. So if dropping down to a better team is what happens, that's actually good. 
That's why I said "allegations" and specifically made it a point to say I didn't know if they are true or not. I have no idea about the standing or truth of the suit. I read a Fox report that quoted the allegations. The "Sandusky" thing seemed over-the-top, I will admit. I explicitly pointed out that people should not take the complaint at face value and said "allegations (that's all they are)". I don't know how you're drawing the conclusions you're drawing about what I said.

And, no, it doesn't seem out of the realm of football culture to believe something as bad as that went on. If hazing at all was going on, that's a huge red flag in my book. I've personally seen how hazing brings out the bully in people and how it gets crazily out of control in a heartbeat and towards an inexplicably picked object. Did what the complainant describe as happening likely happen? Likely not. But we don't know, and won't know.

One aside, and I've tried typing this a million different ways but can't seem to find the right tone. You were probably around for the Sandusky thing. I'd go back and look at what you said on these boards, but that'd be kind of a "gotcha" thing to do. What I will say is this: After going through that, you'd think that you'd take allegations like this seriously and not rush in to comment on a comment that so obviously pointed out these were allegations and nothing else. Your rush to mischaracterize my position leads me to wonder if similar homer glasses and fealty to a collegiate program allowed a Sandusky to get away with such unbelievable horrors for so long. You might want to think about that for a minute before you try and rush in and try to quash any inquiry into those allegations.

Bracie quoted a random person with 110 followers. There are nearly an infinite number of sources with more credibility. Any news publication, any writer who does this for a living would constitute a quotable source. Justine from Twitterverse, not so much. Honestly that’s not something that should have to be explained.

Seems most of the information from these March 2018 allegations are from the lawsuit Isaiah Humphries filed against 4 upper class man. That’s the guy Parsons beat up and choked out (the DB transferred to Cal.) There was another incident / fight with teammate in which a knife was pulled.

Anyway, I don’t really see the value in the Lions taking a off the ball, run-n-chase LB at #7. Would rather they trade back for additional capital.
Plus, Bracie was a huge supporter of Myles Garrett, who almost maimed a man with a helmet on the field. And then got me suspended on these boards for having the "temerity" to talk about Garrett in less than glowing terms after Bracie had come into our team thread (the Jets thread) and was posting random Twitter stuff about what a class guy Garrett was after he broke our quarterback's leg with a late hit. If anyone should be quiet about allegations of violence of any sort, it's Bracie, quite frankly. 

That's why I said "allegations" and specifically made it a point to say I didn't know if they true or not. I have no idea about the standing or truth of the suit. I read a Fox report that quoted the allegations. The "Sandusky" thing seemed over-the-top, I will admit. I explicitly pointed out that people should not take the complaint at face value and said "allegations (that's all they are)". I don't know how you're drawing the conclusions you're drawing about what I said.

And, no, it doesn't seem out of the realm of football culture to believe something as bad as that went on. If hazing at all was going on, that's a huge red flag in my book. I've personally seen how hazing brings out the bully in people and how it gets crazily out of control in a heartbeat and towards an inexplicably picked object. Did what the complainant describe as happening likely happen? Likely not. But we don't know, and won't know.

One aside, and I've tried typing this a million different ways but can't seem to find the right tone. You were probably around for the Sandusky thing. I'd go back and look at what you said on these boards, but that'd be kind of a "gotcha" thing to do. What I will say is this: After going through that, you'd think that you'd take allegations like this seriously and not rush in to comment on a comment that so obviously pointed out these were allegations and nothing else. Your rush to mischaracterize my position leads me to wonder if similar homer glasses and fealty to a collegiate program allowed a Sandusky to get away with such unbelievable horrors for so long. You might want to think about that for a minute before you try and rush in and try to quash any inquiry into those allegations.
I didn't really read your post as being overly specific to allegations. 

And yes, of course I was around. I've been here forever. I appreciate you trying to find the right tone. What you are missing is that I heard about these "allegations" a long time ago, soon after they happened, from someone close to the team. I got the details and worked out my opinion from there. The initial complaint from Humphries was much less graphic or descriptive. Basically that he was homesick and wanted to transfer. After talking to a lawyer, however, he changed his story and alleged not only the "penis in butt" but that these other players, that were in his same Freshman class, also were taunting him saying that they were going to "Sandusky him since that's what we do at Penn State". You'll pardon me if I think it's extremely unlikely that players that were mocked for coming to Penn State because of the Sandusky horror (and Parsons had shared some comments on social media from Ohio State fans) would turn around and make those comments and act in that matter. Sort of an Occam's Razor thing. It seems that Humphries was not handing being there (at PSU) very well and some upper classman (mainly Barber) started mocking him. Parsons and a third Freshman said they were handing the workload fine. I'm sure there was some more raw language than that as you see in locker rooms. 

The only reason that this report and extra allegations weren't nuked by Penn State and Humphries more roundly criticized was that he was a legacy as his father played for Paterno. 

So maybe you should understand that I have heard about this incident and allegations for several years, and I did get nervous and find out what I could before making any judgement, so I hope my second post on this topic doesn't quash any more of your inquires into these, or any future, allegations. 

I seem to remember you very quickly quashing my inquiry into allegations that Darnold sucked for the Jets. 

PFF Mike Renner with over 57,000 followers.  Pete Smith re-tweet with over 200k followers.

Mike Renner Tweet

The details are worse than what was and has been shared by many.  

Honestly hope the best for your mental health RockAction.

PFF Mike Renner with over 57,000 followers.  Pete Smith re-tweet with over 200k followers.

Mike Renner Tweet

The details are worse than what was and has been shared by many.  

At no time did I deny the veracity of the report or imply the allegations were only coming from randos on Twitter. It really makes no sense for you to use a Twitter account with 110 followers when it’s been widely reported.

According to your latest link the penknife incident was ALSO Isaiah Humphries. I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression Parsons got into a second fight.

The lawsuit names four upper classmen, but Humphries only sued one of them. It wasn’t Parsons. The lawsuit says they did X, Y and Z. Not that Micah Parsons specifically did it.

Not defending him, sounds like a pretty toxic situation all around. But facts are stubborn things.

At no time did I deny the veracity of the report or imply the allegations were only coming from randos on Twitter. It really makes no sense for you to use a Twitter account with 110 followers when it’s been widely reported.

According to your latest link the penknife incident was ALSO Isaiah Humphries. I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression Parsons got into a second fight.

The lawsuit names four upper classmen, but Humphries only sued one of them. It wasn’t Parsons. The lawsuit says they did X, Y and Z. Not that Micah Parsons specifically did it.

Not defending him, sounds like a pretty toxic situation all around. But facts are stubborn things.
Yeah, also they weren't all upperclassmen. Parson and Humphries were in the same class. That fact does make it a little "weirder" in terms of the "normal" upperclassmen hazing that you hear about. 

Anyway, hoping he drops to some playoff team with a good organization and structure. 

ETA: I think he sued Barber, who was dismissed from the team afterwards, although if I recall, Barber did some other things as well so it didn't seem that it was just the Humphries incident. Mary Jane I think. 

Also, I am not attempting to quash anyone's inquiry into these heinous allegations. 

One last thing: I mentioned that his story changed after talking to a lawyer. I do want to acknowledge that I know lots of sexual assault victims are reluctant to bring up their assault until they are forced to do so. I'm sure that could have happened here. But it was strange how very specifically the allegations were tied to the Sandusky horrors (chanting "Sandusky you") after talking to a lawyer. It sounded very made up.

Yeah, also they weren't all upperclassmen. Parson and Humphries were in the same class. That fact does make it a little "weirder" in terms of the "normal" upperclassmen hazing that you hear about. 

Anyway, hoping he drops to some playoff team with a good organization and structure. 
Apparently they both graduated h.s. early and were taking classes in the Spring (e.g. 2017 was their senior year of football but they were academically eligible to begin classes in January 2018.) Just another tidbit about the whole thing....this happened when both were 18 and a few months out of h.s. & normally would still both be in their respective hometowns.

Maybe take that into account - the maturity of everyone involved.

:shrug:

Anyway, kind of impressive Parsons already has his degree after 3 years. Def not the norm these days.

Apparently they both graduated h.s. early and were taking classes in the Spring (e.g. 2017 was their senior year of football but they were academically eligible to begin classes in January 2018.) Just another tidbit about the whole thing....this happened when both were 18 and a few months out of h.s. & normally would still both be in their respective hometowns.

Maybe take that into account - the maturity of everyone involved.

:shrug:

Anyway, kind of impressive Parsons already has his degree after 3 years. Def not the norm these days.
I think getting his girlfriend pregnant (and supporting her having the child) helped him grow up pretty quickly. Still not a choir boy or anything and I would never imply that. 

I hope for Garrett's, too.

Considering you believe in angels and demons manifest on earth and other random supernatural occurrences that most children have let go of, let's just say my thoughts vis a vis yours are best kept to myself.

I would relax on this. None of us are working with all the info or have any real investment in Micah Parsons career or any team that might draft him. I hope he's matured and is a different person now but these supposed events weren't very long ago and were when he was an adult, not a kid. It makes perfect sense for many teams to take him right off their board. It's not like he's a perfect prospect either. We are talking about an off the ball LB with very limited experience. 

Users who are viewing this thread