What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Would I be crazy if I took Trevor Lawrence at Pick 1.04 for Dynasty? (1 Viewer)

3rdNLong

Footballguy
In a 12 team 1/2 PPR Dynasty.

So, would I be out of my mind for grabbing Trevor Lawrence with the 1.04 pick rookie/FA draft?  I am a Deshaun Watson owner and the situation is making me nervous with the accusations growing and my backup, Daniel Jones isn't giving me the warm fuzzies.  Or should I calm my nerves, ride the storm out and just pick what should be a WR or RB.

Here's my roster at the moment.

Deshaun Watson, Daniel Jones

Saquon Barkley, AJ Dillion, David Montgomery, Miles Sanders, Phillip Lindsay, Boston Scott, Darwin Thompson

Kenny Golladay, Chase Claypool, Henry Ruggs, Michael Gallup, Parris Campbell, Nelson Agholor, Rashard Higgins

George Kittle, Logan Thomas

Thank you for your time.

1QB - yes.

Definitely a sub-optimal play. If Watson does miss time, I would look to the waiver wire for a stop-gap (Fitzpatrick, Dalton, etc.). You're going to have your choice between your RB2 or RB3 or WR2.

Another option could be to trade back a few spots and get a QB included.

Worst time to be making any panic decisions over allegations.

This is all dependent upon your league format (SF/2QB/1QB).  In a 1 QB league that is not the best use of your resources.  If you are really sold on Lawrence I would look to move back to where you think you can get him while helping at another position.   Looking at your roster you could use WR depth so sitting at 4 you should get your pick of the litter there.  If you don't like any of them then trade back.  

Agree with above answers. I have only ever played in a 1QB basic 6-offensive player roster, and I would likely never draft any QB in even the first round, let alone top 4. (Disclaimer, I think I did draft Russell Wilson with about the 1.08 pick, but that was either my first or second draft ever, and I know better now [granted, that wasn't a bad pick in retrospect]). If it's 2QB then I know nothing, sorry!

So, I agree that your options would be trading back or taking the actual best asset at 1.04. Myself, if I had to set an over/under right now (with my own money on the line) for bets on where Lawrence would fall in our own draft, I would say 2.05. Would be just a bit surprised if he went in the first 12. Shocked if top 7.

Thanks for the replies.

It's a 1QB league.  I did put some feelers out to trade back.  I do get the feeling the guy with 1.10 is going to grab Lawrence, I'm not going to worry about it if he does.  I just started thinking about Trevor once the news about Watson started getting deeper.  I was panicking and thought to get some insurance in case Watson gets suspended.  I have pick 2.04, so maybe i'll grab a rookie QB there if one's appealing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe see if you can work out a cheap trade for a borderline startable QB like Stafford, Tannehill, Cousins, Ryan, etc. If you're looking for insurance/stopgaps, you should usually be looking for cheap insurance. If you aim higher, try to find a good deal where you're getting reasonable value (even setting aside team needs).

Also makes sense to be considering rookie QBs in rd 2 or 3.

Users who are viewing this thread