What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

49ers jump up to #3 pick in draft (1 Viewer)

Anarchy99

Footballguy
Dolphins trading No. 3 overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick (SF’s comp pick for Robert Saleh hiring) and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per sources.

Dolphins trading No. 3 overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick (SF’s comp pick for Robert Saleh hiring) and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per sources.
That's a lot considering the Jets are sitting at 2 and can either pick a QB or trade to someone who wants to jump San Fran.  They must have a virtually identical grade on two QB's after Lawrence

That's a lot considering the Jets are sitting at 2 and can either pick a QB or trade to someone who wants to jump San Fran.  They must have a virtually identical grade on two QB's after Lawrence
Yep exactly.  I'm assuming they love Fields and Wilson.

Does this also mean Jimmy G is heading back to NE?
Probably, but NE has been told countless times that he isn't available. At this point, NE couldn't fit Jimmy under the salary cap (and he probably isn't worth $25M a year). So unless he reworks his deal or gets released, it will be hard to facilitate a trade.

So what does SF do?  They take Lance who needs a year to be groomed.... the likely have another top 15 pick next year which they just gave up to Miami. 

I don't like it.  SF gave up too much to get a QB that at best is a gamble.  If they somehow get Wilson I'll feel better about it, but neither Fields nor Lance are worth that price.

wow really?  Damn, I didn't think Lance was going to go 3rd overall.
Yes. I've been hearing people in used to work in the NFL talking for weeks now that Lance would be perfect for Kyle and they thought he'd try and get him, though to be fair when they said that it was probably not on idea they've move up to 3.

I came in to say I bet Wilson and Lance go 2 and 3.   Not a big fan of Fields and feel like it's set up for ATL to take him which I would love.
IMO, ATL is probably best suited to trade out of their pick and get a haul from a team that would give their right arm for a QB. There are plenty of options . . . CAR, DEN, NE, WAS, CHI, potentially NOS.

Yes. I've been hearing people in used to work in the NFL talking for weeks now that Lance would be perfect for Kyle and they thought he'd try and get him, though to be fair when they said that it was probably not on idea they've move up to 3.
Probably was their only shot.  Sure you can get cute and try to get to pick 5 or 6, but those picks might not be for sale.

If Kyle wants Lance, he kinda had to do this.

The third isn't much (very late 3rd)

But ya, 2 future 1sts to move back 9 spots.
The New England way. Miami probably going defense in the first round with both picks.  Unless Waddle falls to #12. RB and WR with the two 2nd round picks.

The New England way. Miami probably going defense in the first round with both picks.  Unless Waddle falls to #12. RB and WR with the two 2nd round picks.
Ya, you can pretty much get one of the top 3 defenders this year with the 12 pick.

Wouldn't be surprised if they went OL there though.

Pitts/Waddle/Smith would be obvious automatic choices if any fell to 12 but unlikely.

Wow, it’s true. 

If the Niners pick poorly it’ll sink them. 

To those saying they overpaid, this is a fraction of what it would have taken to get Watson, so in that light, not too bad. But it has to hit. 
The problem is there is  <1% chance the guy they'll get is on Watson's level.

As a 49ers fan this is a terrible trade.  what a bounty to give up to the dolphins
Maybe. At this point we can’t really judge until we see the pick & how well that pick performs. 

Consider they would have had to give up multiple 1sts, Bosa & likely Kinlaw to get Watson & it’s not that bad.

Truly time will tell. There’s a much greater than 0 chance this becomes a horrible deal, but can’t really judge it just yet. 

As a 49ers fan this is a terrible trade.  what a bounty to give up to the dolphins

To those saying they overpaid, this is a fraction of what it would have taken to get Watson, so in that light, not too bad. But it has to hit. 
No one can say if they over or under paid until 2 years from now.  If Lance or Fields ends up as a great franchise QB for them, then they underpaid.

That's a ton to give up, but if Kyle loves a QB there, and you're in the toughest div in football history, you kinda gotta go for it.  But ya if they miss this really sets them back.

Maybe. At this point we can’t really judge until we see the pick & how well that pick performs. 

Consider they would have had to give up multiple 1sts, Bosa & likely Kinlaw to get Watson & it’s not that bad.

Truly time will tell. There’s a much greater than 0 chance this becomes a horrible deal, but can’t really judge it just yet. 
given how many top picks actually work out, odds are not in their favor

Watson is a proven commodity though with a long career ahead of him

No one can say if they over or under paid until 2 years from now.  If Lance or Fields ends up as a great franchise QB for them, then they underpaid.

That's a ton to give up, but if Kyle loves a QB there, and you're in the toughest div in football history, you kinda gotta go for it.  But ya if they miss this really sets them back.
That’s exactly what I just posted. Agree completely. 

What if the QB turns out to be Mahomes #2. It's a risk worth taking, and they were competing with 3 other teams per Barry Jackson. 

This gives Miami some draft capital for a future QB, if Tua bombs or gets injured.
While true that applies to everyone of those pics they gave away too.  What happens if that pic they gave away is the next rodgers?

Users who are viewing this thread