What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grumpy nascar republicans (1 Viewer)

stlrams

Footballguy
Here’s a comment from my governor - Ned Lamont 

These are the ways that people are beginning to think about the nature of a vaccination passport, or vaccination authentication, we've got to make sure we do it respecting civil liberties and people's privacy, but I think you are going to see a lot of innovative ideas coming out of it.

It will give a lot more people an incentive to get vaccinated. If you are a white male Republican and you feel a little grumpy about getting vaccinated, maybe NASCAR says you've got to be vaccinated to come in and see a race.

It seems you can only make comments about white guys today without catching any heat unless you work for USA Today..

Here’s a comment from my governor - Ned Lamont 

These are the ways that people are beginning to think about the nature of a vaccination passport, or vaccination authentication, we've got to make sure we do it respecting civil liberties and people's privacy, but I think you are going to see a lot of innovative ideas coming out of it.

It will give a lot more people an incentive to get vaccinated. If you are a white male Republican and you feel a little grumpy about getting vaccinated, maybe NASCAR says you've got to be vaccinated to come in and see a race.

It seems you can only make comments about white guys today without catching any heat unless you work for USA Today..
It's ridiculous, but it's Lamont. What did everybody in CT expect?

You could do the same with concerts this summer as the performers would require you to have proof of vaccination....would go a long way getting those rural country music fans vaccinated.

There shouldn't be any question about the demographics of those "resisting" this vaccine at this point.  Is it just that it's being said out loud?  I mean "we" didn't get upset when "we" said it was going to be a problem getting African Americans to take the vaccine.  Well, Tim's thread got deleted, but outside of that, it's been a general talking point.  :oldunsure:  

There shouldn't be any question about the demographics of those "resisting" this vaccine at this point.  Is it just that it's being said out loud?  I mean "we" didn't get upset when "we" said it was going to be a problem getting African Americans to take the vaccine.  Well, Tim's thread got deleted, but outside of that, it's been a general talking point.  :oldunsure:  
It's the whole stereotype of white people going to a NASCAR event. Lamont is just blasting stereotypes all over the place with it. Imagine other races and other endeavors being mentioned. There'd be a statewide roar and a general snit about it. To wit: Let's just say my car got stolen in Baltimore once and when it was recovered, there was a bottle of Hennessy, talcum powder on the seats, a basketball, and a trunk full of other car stereos. The cops and I started laughing when I opened the trunk to find the stuff.

"That yours?"

"Nope. None of that's mine," said I. "Can't imagine whose."

But that story is uncomfortable, isn't it? It's like flatulence in church. You just don't say #### like you're really thinking in public and extrapolate race or ethnicity without serious presumption. It's tone-deaf and tin-eared. Try a filter or some decorum. Lamont is being a ##### there. It's like Obama and his "bitter clingers." Just another bad stereotype of white people.

It's the whole stereotype of white people going to a NASCAR event. Lamont is just blasting stereotypes all over the place with it. Imagine other races and other endeavors being mentioned. There'd be a statewide roar and a general snit about it. To wit: Let's just say my car got stolen in Baltimore once and when it was recovered, there was a bottle of Hennessy, talcum powder on the seats, a basketball, and a trunk full of other car stereos. The cops and I started laughing when I opened the trunk to find the stuff.

"That yours?"

But that story is uncomfortable, isn't it? It's like flatulence in church. You just don't say #### like you're really thinking in public and extrapolate race or ethnicity without serious presumption. It's tone-deaf and tin-eared. Try a filter or some decorum. Lamont is being a ##### there. It's like Obama and his "bitter clingers." Just another bad stereotype of white people.
Wait it’s the NASCAR part that’s offensive?  I thought it was “grumpy.”

What thread was deleted?  

Facts over feelings, my friend. I mean this is what the Trumpers wanted, right? Say it exactly how it is, who cares if it might offend some snowflakes?

It is fact that white Republicans are now the least likely group to get the vaccine and it is a fair question to ask maybe incentivizing them will get them to actually take it.

I was initially dismissive of this thread but @rockaction’s post has convinced me that Lamont should have spoken differently.  I still don’t think what he said was THAT bad but it probably does deserve to be called out.  He could have made the same point without singling out any particular group for criticism.  Sorry to @stlramsthat I was skeptical at first.

I was initially dismissive of this thread but @rockaction’s post has convinced me that Lamont should have spoken differently.  I still don’t think what he said was THAT bad but it probably does deserve to be called out.  He could have made the same point without singling out any particular group for criticism.  Sorry to @stlramsthat I was skeptical at first.
Apology not needed but thanks.  I agree that’s its not bad but what annoys me the most is you can only stereotype while males today and get away with it.  If he stereo type any other group, people would ask him for to resign.  

I still don’t know why that thread was deleted. 

Apology not needed but thanks.  I agree that’s its not bad but what annoys me the most is you can only stereotype while males today and get away with it.  If he stereo type any other group, people would ask him for to resign.  
It's our turn

Thanks, fatguy. I should say I kind of agreed with you and was just posting out of lament and not deeply held frustration. There are worse things he could have said and done, all things considered. It's really just the double standard of it, especially these days when everyone is on edge about public proclamations about race and tendencies flowing therefrom. I also could have sworn less in my response, too. Made it sound more emphatic than I really am about it.

:shrug:

Mostly just joking, but us white men have had it pretty good for a long time. And we aren't being discrimiated against when someone refers to us as "grumpy nascar republicans"
Ok and poor choice of words on my part too but hopefully you get the idea.

:shrug:

Mostly just joking, but us white men have had it pretty good for a long time. And we aren't being discrimiated against when someone refers to us as "grumpy nascar republicans"
Don't really care if we've had it pretty good for a long time or not. It's irrelevant.  The winners write history and the winners get to make the rules.  

The fact of the matter is that for the entire history of man it's been nothing but one group taking over another, or taking land or some other form of takeover.

I'm not going to apologize at all for it nor do I feel guilty nor do I feel ashamed of my skin color.  The United States has made great strides in making up for past sins but the race hustlers and professional grievance groups need us divided because for them it's a money maker.  Don't think for one second if they got power that they wouldn't do the same thing.  Take a look at what's happening in South Africa If you want to see how that plays out.

Last edited by a moderator:
What thread was deleted?  
Tim started a thread around concern of being able to get black people confident enough to take the vaccine a month or two ago.  I don't really understand why it was deleted as the conversation continued in another thread and I thought the response before it being deleted was something along the lines of "we don't want to do this here"....but it was done in the other thread.

"That yours?"

Huh...interesting.  I thought the uproar was the assumption that all "white male Republicans" went to NASCAR events.  Whether it's liked or not, his approach/suggestion would work.  There's no question in my mind.  It would work in a great number of scenarios actually.  Making it a requirement to be vaccinated to go to a concert, sporting event, whatever would absolutely get more people on board with it.    

Relegate Conn for DC?
This is a great idea moving forward.  Maybe there should be only 35 actual states and the rest our relegated down into a junior state bracket.  Just like in european football.  Every year you can move up or down based on performance

Users who are viewing this thread