Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Matt Gaetz Under Investigation for Sex Trafficking

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Not unless he says something negative about Trump.  Then he’s persona non grata in 2 seconds.   That’s about the only thing the GOP will hold accountable these days

I heard that he once said Trump’s hair wasn’t better than Fabio’s and Samson’s combined. There, that should turn the GOP against him.

• Laughing 3

17 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

So if I a friend of yours pleaded guilty to an awful crime YOU shouldn't be able to hold down a job?

That's not how justice works.  Nor should it be.

I agree with you on this one.  Of course, being pulled from a committee isn't removing him from his job.  It's taking a responsibility away from him.  There's a pretty significant difference there.

That said, the GOP has been incredibly consistent on things like this.  They aren't removing him.  

My view is that the GOP does not need to do anything with Gaetz at this time.  

If charges are brought - then I think the GOP should act, and remove Gaetz from certain committees while he addresses the issue (and certainly the judiciary committee if he is under a Federal indictment).

13 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

My view is that the GOP does not need to do anything with Gaetz at this time.  

If charges are brought - then I think the GOP should act, and remove Gaetz from certain committees while he addresses the issue (and certainly the judiciary committee if he is under a Federal indictment).

How does that line up with your thought on the Liz Chaney situation?  The GOP sure had no issues acting there. 

6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

How does that line up with your thought on the Liz Chaney situation?  The GOP sure had no issues acting there. 

Its really not my place to tell the GOP how to run their party.

I assume they act in their own best interests - from their point of view.  And, since I do not share most of their views, its hard for me to judge what they think helps them the most.  (I can understand why they may want Cheney out of a leadership role - if she does not represent the party's views on key issues).

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Its really not my place to tell the GOP how to run their party.

I assume they act in their own best interests - from their point of view.  And, since I do not share most of their views, its hard for me to judge what they think helps them the most.  (I can understand why they may want Cheney out of a leadership role - if she does not represent the party's views on key issues).

Sure but you offered your view on what the GOP should do with Gaetz so that’s why I asked.  

Thanks.  

3 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Sure but you offered your view on what the GOP should do with Gaetz so that’s why I asked.  

Thanks.  

If he is indicted.  If he is not indicted, I don't think the GOP should do anything.  :shrug:

If a Dem is indicted, I would expect congress to remove said member from the judiciary committee - as a matter of conflict of interest, not politics.

In reading through Greenberg's plea it was striking how minutely detailed all the accusations were, how specific the time and place, down to the second.

I saw a lawyer on TV who also noticed this, and she said she suspects this was done deliberately as a way to signal to Gaetz just how much they have on him, and most importantly how thoroughly they have corroborated everything. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

In reading through Greenberg's plea it was striking how minutely detailed all the accusations were, how specific the time and place, down to the second.

I saw a lawyer on TV who also noticed this, and she said she suspects this was done deliberately as a way to signal to Gaetz just how much they have on him, and most importantly how thoroughly they have corroborated everything. 

Dude, it's the feds.  This aint the county sheriff.  The feds have more than "twenty-seven 8x10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one."  They got timestamps and GPS data, and cell phone records, and cell tower locations, and bank info, and Venmo transactions, and probably the mirror that Gaetz used to snort coke off of, not to mention the pressure they can put on cooperating witnesses to flip on the big fish.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

Dude, it's the feds.  This aint the county sheriff.  The feds have more than "twenty-seven 8x10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one."  They got timestamps and GPS data, and cell phone records, and cell tower locations, and bank info, and Venmo transactions, and probably the mirror that Gaetz used to snort coke off of, not to mention the pressure they can put on cooperating witnesses to flip on the big fish.

I saw an interview with a former FL prosecutor who was introduced as a Gaetz family friend. His opinion was that its unusual for the plea deal to be so specific and that was likely a message to others that the feds have ample evidence and receipts.

He also said Gaetz is in a bad position. Yes, its opinions and speculation but *informed* opinions and speculation. 

On 5/16/2021 at 1:54 PM, Sinn Fein said:

If he is indicted.  If he is not indicted, I don't think the GOP should do anything.  :shrug:

If a Dem is indicted, I would expect congress to remove said member from the judiciary committee - as a matter of conflict of interest, not politics.

This seems about right.  Or if he is found guilty in the ethics investigation in the House.  

24 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

A story is out that Gaetz and his fiance attempted to purchase a yacht, but the 150k they put up has somehow vanished into the ether.

How does that happen?

Well i can show you.    First give me $150k

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

5 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Well i can show you.    First give me $150k

That's clever. I see your degree from Trump University is paying off.

Gaetz has used the word "missing", not "stolen". If it was stolen he could file a police report, but he has chosen not to do that.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

That's clever. I see your degree from Trump University is paying off.

Gaetz has used the word "missing", not "stolen". If it was stolen he could file a police report, but he has chosen not to do that.

I wouldnt steal it.   It would just be missing.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

• 1 month later...

Gaetz fiancee's sister calls him a pedophile

"Rep. Matt Gaetz’s future sister-in-law has reportedly described the embattled Florida congressman as “weird and creepy” and said she was “unfortunately not surprised” he is under federal investigation for alleged sex crimes.

Roxanne Luckey, 20 — the sister of Gaetz’s fiancée, Ginger Luckey — lambasted the Republican pol in three TikTok videos over his alleged treatment of young women, according to the Daily Beast.

On Monday, she alleged that Gaetz pressured an older man to court her when she was 19 — calling the move “weird and creepy” and claiming he yelled at her and her mom and went “full lawyer” when confronted, the outlet reported......."

58 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

"Rep. Matt Gaetz’s future sister-in-law has reportedly described the embattled Florida congressman as “weird and creepy” and said she was “unfortunately not surprised” he is under federal investigation for alleged sex crimes.

Roxanne Luckey, 20 — the sister of Gaetz’s fiancée, Ginger Luckey — lambasted the Republican pol in three TikTok videos over his alleged treatment of young women, according to the Daily Beast.

On Monday, she alleged that Gaetz pressured an older man to court her when she was 19 — calling the move “weird and creepy” and claiming he yelled at her and her mom and went “full lawyer” when confronted, the outlet reported......."

From the sister:  “Matt and I are enjoying our engagement and are deeply in love. My estranged sister is mentally unwell,” Ginger told the outlet in a text message.

Thanksgiving dinner must be quite the event for that family.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

9 minutes ago, Sand said:

From the sister:  “Matt and I are enjoying our engagement and are deeply in love. My estranged sister is mentally unwell,” Ginger told the outlet in a text message.

Thanksgiving dinner must be quite the event for that family.

Well, funny you should say that....

Luckey has also alleged that while she was interning at the White House, Gaetz tried to set her up with an older man who was divorced and had a child. She was 19 at the time. She described Gaetz's role in the incident as "weird and creepy."

"I saw the character and type of person he is, and when everything came out about him, I honestly, unfortunately, was not surprised," Luckey said.

"As someone who has personally experienced a ton of creepy old politician men hitting on me when I was underage, and experiencing sexual assault at that age by people of power, it's very disheartening and I have zero tolerance of people like him," Luckey added.

Luckey claimed that when she and her mother confronted Gaetz about the incident at Thanksgiving "[h]e just immediately got so defensive and started yelling at me and my mom."

"He called me a narcissist, just was a thousand percent gaslighting me—went full lawyer, 'I don't have to listen to you, I don't have to answer your questions,'" she said.

Luckey said she was sharing the information in part because she thought it was important to "hold people accountable to whatever extent we can."

"There is so much more to the story and about what I know about Matt Gaetz," she said. "It is definitely a serious situation."

Reps. Gaetz, Gosar, Gohmert, and Greene’s DOJ presser is being derailed by one whistler. https://t.co/aAcsSuRSBx

The presser was scheduled to call attention to the less than luxurious conditions Jan 6 insurrectionists are facing in jail. 

Hopefully the law enforcement testimony today will not drown out the need for prison reform, that all these people are apparently completely on board with.

Who knew?

1 hour ago, kodycutter said:

Just gonna toss this out from the article...

“When a creepy old man tries to hit on you at the bar but your sisters [sic] engaged to a literal pedophile,” wrote Roxanne, who the following day apologized for using the term “pedophile” and changed her description to “ephebophile.”

10 minutes ago, Zow said:

Just gonna toss this out from the article...

“When a creepy old man tries to hit on you at the bar but your sisters [sic] engaged to a literal pedophile,” wrote Roxanne, who the following day apologized for using the term “pedophile” and changed her description to “ephebophile.”

Victory is yours!

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

Tell you what, no one dislikes him more than me, but that is an impeccably tailored suit.  It drapes very well, even as he runs from a guy with a whistle.  

Goes well with his coif.

8 minutes ago, massraider said:

Tell you what, no one dislikes him more than me, but that is an impeccably tailored suit.  It drapes very well, even as he runs from a guy with a whistle.  

Somebody put up an exit video with the theme from Curb Your Enthusiasm as Gaetz hustles for his ride and "are you a pedophile" lady chases him. LoL!

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, bigbottom said:

I guess this is like the Right’s version of the Squad?

Except that Democrats are far less successful at painting the other side's quartet of extremists as representing the entire party.

They should probably put more effort into it even though it's sleazy.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

Except that Democrats are far less successful at painting the other side's quartet of extremists as representing the entire party.

Could probably call them the G-stringers.

• Love 1
  • Laughing 1

10 hours ago, Maurile Tremblay said:

This is the goal of Rachel Bitecofer's new StrikePac. She is pretty strong in her opinion that Dems have been making a strategic error in not matching Republicans' efforts to paint their most extreme opponents in the strongest possible negative light. 

I don't know if I support the effort but things certainly seem out of balance when an AOC is held up to be equally as extreme as an MTG.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Joe Mammy said:

Is Gaetz on his final farewell tour?

Gaetz, Green, Gohmert turned away from jail to visit 1/6 defendants!

There has to be some more G's in there:

Great Green Gobs of Greasey Grimey Gopher Guts...

Ugh that article drives me nuts. Yes, there's a serious and rigorous protocol to be followed to visit an inmate (and seeing their actual cells/pods is another level) and it applies across the board - even to an extent to an inmate's attorney who is the one person the inmate has an actual constitutional right to see. 

####### clown show is all that was. 

41 minutes ago, roadkill1292 said:

This is the goal of Rachel Bitecofer's new StrikePac. She is pretty strong in her opinion that Dems have been making a strategic error in not matching Republicans' efforts to paint their most extreme opponents in the strongest possible negative light. 

I don't know if I support the effort but things certainly seem out of balance when an AOC is held up to be equally as extreme as an MTG.

Atwater wins

Rep. Matt Gaetz Tells Crowd His Brain Is Affected by ‘the Florida Variant’

Gaetz said, “You’ve had all the experts say look out for the delta variant or the lambda variant, well next it’ll be the Chi Omega variant or the Pi Kappa Psi variant. I got the Florida variant. I got the freedom variant. It affects the brain. It gets you to think for yourself where you don’t just surrender to the truth that they’re trying to create in corrupt big media.” 

This guy! THIS GUY!!!!  :towelwave:

He is going Full Televangelist.  Probably a good idea, I just think he's too dumb and un-likable to get it across the finish line. 

• 3 weeks later...
10 hours ago, bigbottom said:

This is taking too long. I’m guessing they don’t have the goods. 

I don't know if they have the goods on him or not, but I will say the investigation into his friend Greenberg has been going on for a couple years now.  It seems like every time they open one door, five more appear.  

On 8/22/2021 at 11:11 PM, zoonation said:

Eloping to argue spousal immunity? The walls must be closing in.  

Can’t say with certainty as another jurisdiction’s laws and rules would apply,  but it’s very likely he couldn’t claim spousal privilege because they weren’t married at the time of any previously made statements and privilege may not apply if the new wife was the alleged victim (or, I think, there are some crimes it may not apply to). 

Of course, he may not be learned enough to realize that and married her anyway thinking the opposite. 

• Thinking 1