Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Matt Gaetz Under Investigation for Sex Trafficking

2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Not unless he says something negative about Trump.  Then he’s persona non grata in 2 seconds.   That’s about the only thing the GOP will hold accountable these days

I heard that he once said Trump’s hair wasn’t better than Fabio’s and Samson’s combined. There, that should turn the GOP against him.

• Laughing 3
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I think there are few things less productive than arguing about hypocrisy on a message board. First, it’s often a generalized comment about groups of posters, which seems facially ridiculous

Today’s GOP:  Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney - “BOOOOOOO!!!!” Matt Gaetz, Roy Moore - “CIRCLE THE WAGONS!!!”

Not nearly as bad as a can of tuna in a crowded movie theatre.

17 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

So if I a friend of yours pleaded guilty to an awful crime YOU shouldn't be able to hold down a job?

That's not how justice works.  Nor should it be.

I agree with you on this one.  Of course, being pulled from a committee isn't removing him from his job.  It's taking a responsibility away from him.  There's a pretty significant difference there.

That said, the GOP has been incredibly consistent on things like this.  They aren't removing him.  

17 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

I was responding to the post where @Amused to Death said that Gaetz should be suspended because his friend took a plea deal.

He did not say suspended. He said removed from a committee because of potential conflicts of interest. 

• Like 1

My view is that the GOP does not need to do anything with Gaetz at this time.  

If charges are brought - then I think the GOP should act, and remove Gaetz from certain committees while he addresses the issue (and certainly the judiciary committee if he is under a Federal indictment).

13 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

My view is that the GOP does not need to do anything with Gaetz at this time.  

If charges are brought - then I think the GOP should act, and remove Gaetz from certain committees while he addresses the issue (and certainly the judiciary committee if he is under a Federal indictment).

How does that line up with your thought on the Liz Chaney situation?  The GOP sure had no issues acting there. 

6 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

How does that line up with your thought on the Liz Chaney situation?  The GOP sure had no issues acting there. 

Its really not my place to tell the GOP how to run their party.

I assume they act in their own best interests - from their point of view.  And, since I do not share most of their views, its hard for me to judge what they think helps them the most.  (I can understand why they may want Cheney out of a leadership role - if she does not represent the party's views on key issues).

3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Its really not my place to tell the GOP how to run their party.

I assume they act in their own best interests - from their point of view.  And, since I do not share most of their views, its hard for me to judge what they think helps them the most.  (I can understand why they may want Cheney out of a leadership role - if she does not represent the party's views on key issues).

Sure but you offered your view on what the GOP should do with Gaetz so that’s why I asked.  

Thanks.  

3 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Sure but you offered your view on what the GOP should do with Gaetz so that’s why I asked.  

Thanks.  

If he is indicted.  If he is not indicted, I don't think the GOP should do anything.  :shrug:

If a Dem is indicted, I would expect congress to remove said member from the judiciary committee - as a matter of conflict of interest, not politics.

In reading through Greenberg's plea it was striking how minutely detailed all the accusations were, how specific the time and place, down to the second.

I saw a lawyer on TV who also noticed this, and she said she suspects this was done deliberately as a way to signal to Gaetz just how much they have on him, and most importantly how thoroughly they have corroborated everything. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

In reading through Greenberg's plea it was striking how minutely detailed all the accusations were, how specific the time and place, down to the second.

I saw a lawyer on TV who also noticed this, and she said she suspects this was done deliberately as a way to signal to Gaetz just how much they have on him, and most importantly how thoroughly they have corroborated everything. 

Dude, it's the feds.  This aint the county sheriff.  The feds have more than "twenty-seven 8x10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one."  They got timestamps and GPS data, and cell phone records, and cell tower locations, and bank info, and Venmo transactions, and probably the mirror that Gaetz used to snort coke off of, not to mention the pressure they can put on cooperating witnesses to flip on the big fish.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

Dude, it's the feds.  This aint the county sheriff.  The feds have more than "twenty-seven 8x10 colored glossy pictures with the circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one."  They got timestamps and GPS data, and cell phone records, and cell tower locations, and bank info, and Venmo transactions, and probably the mirror that Gaetz used to snort coke off of, not to mention the pressure they can put on cooperating witnesses to flip on the big fish.

I saw an interview with a former FL prosecutor who was introduced as a Gaetz family friend. His opinion was that its unusual for the plea deal to be so specific and that was likely a message to others that the feds have ample evidence and receipts.

He also said Gaetz is in a bad position. Yes, its opinions and speculation but *informed* opinions and speculation. 

On 5/16/2021 at 1:54 PM, Sinn Fein said:

If he is indicted.  If he is not indicted, I don't think the GOP should do anything.  :shrug:

If a Dem is indicted, I would expect congress to remove said member from the judiciary committee - as a matter of conflict of interest, not politics.

This seems about right.  Or if he is found guilty in the ethics investigation in the House.  

24 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

A story is out that Gaetz and his fiance attempted to purchase a yacht, but the 150k they put up has somehow vanished into the ether.

How does that happen?

Well i can show you.    First give me $150k

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2
5 minutes ago, quick-hands said:

Well i can show you.    First give me $150k

That's clever. I see your degree from Trump University is paying off.

Gaetz has used the word "missing", not "stolen". If it was stolen he could file a police report, but he has chosen not to do that.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Encyclopedia Brown said:

That's clever. I see your degree from Trump University is paying off.

Gaetz has used the word "missing", not "stolen". If it was stolen he could file a police report, but he has chosen not to do that.

I wouldnt steal it.   It would just be missing.

• Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1