What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Matt Gaetz Under Investigation for Sex Trafficking (2 Viewers)

Please let us know what you know here...
I never claimed to know anything. His behavior since the story came out has been nothing short of bizarre. Innocent people rarely behave this way and even if the extortion attempt is true, the last thing he should be doing is talking about it in detail on Twitter.

Did we confirm the multiple accusations of trump peeing on Russian hooker yet?  Please provide link?
I dont believe there was such an accusation.  Nor can I figure out what it has to do with what I said or this thread at all.

I dont believe there was such an accusation.  Nor can I figure out what it has to do with what I said or this thread at all.
Wrong and deflection.  This is exactly why you get grilled.  Please try a different tact.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I never claimed to know anything. His behavior since the story came out has been nothing short of bizarre. Innocent people rarely behave this way and even if the extortion attempt is true, the last thing he should be doing is talking about it in detail on Twitter.
So your are an expert in the behavior of people accused of illegal behavior.  So what makes you an expert and why should your opinion matter more than others?

Wrong and deflection.  This is exactly you get grilled.  Please try a different tact.  
No...I believe you have the accusation mixed up.  And its the deflection.  The pee tape bs from the dossier has zero to do with Gaetz or the NYT and their story.

You are seemingly mixed up here and trying to make it personal about me is t helping.

So your are an expert in the behavior of people accused of illegal behavior.  So what makes you an expert and why should your opinion matter more than others?
Tilt. You are on it.

Unless you are Matt Gaetz or his mother, no one should be this invested into a discussion thread on a fantasy football site. It's just not healthy.

No...I believe you have the accusation mixed up.  And its the deflection.  The pee tape bs from the dossier has zero to do with Gaetz or the NYT and their story.

You are seemingly mixed up here and trying to make it personal about me is t helping.
Wrong again.  I’m making it about unsourced accusations which you can’t address.  I never said anything about about you.  

Direct Headline: Matt Gaetz Says Ex-DOJ Employee Tried to Extort Him for $25 Million With Sexual Misconduct Allegations

By Daniel Villarreal On 3/30/21 at 7:10 PM EDT

https://www.newsweek.com/matt-gaetz-says-ex-doj-employee-tried-extort-him-25-million-sexual-misconduct-allegations-1579975

Direct Headline: Matt Gaetz claims he is victim of $25m extortion scam amid allegations of sexual activity with girl, 17

GOP congressman has denied allegations tied to probe involving another Florida official indicted on trafficking charges

Alex Woodward 3/30/21

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/matt-gaetz-sex-trafficking-investigation-b1824710.html

Direct Headline: Rep. Matt Gaetz claims the DOJ's investigation into whether he violated sex trafficking laws is part of 'an organized criminal extortion' scheme against him

Sonam Sheth 3/30/21

https://www.businessinsider.com/gaetz-tweets-response-doj-investigation-sex-trafficking-criminal-extortion-2021-3

I'm not a fan of Gaetz personally. He is effective in the role he's chosen for his political career, basically an enforcer for the hardline Party old guard rhetoric. See Doug Collins for an example of an enforcer type who is far less skilled at it.

Gaetz has no reason to lie about the FBI running a current investigation against his accuser(s) that predates this allegation against him.

If he didn't do it, he has a natural counter narrative.

If he did do it, he had the foresight to get in front of a scandal.

This counter narrative buys him time. And in a game where the first headline, and the first wave of perception kills, that can and might save him here.
I’m pretty sure headlines don’t dictate how the FBI investigates.  

Many people are wondering why Gary’s was the only Representative to vote against the sex trafficking ring legislation in 2017...many people.
Please provide link?  

This has nothing to do with accusation.      

:shrug:  you asked for a link to Sammy's claim about Gaetz being the only member in the house to vote against sex trafficking legislation in 2017.  I provided you with a link - with the roll call vote indicating the bill passed 418-1, and the 1 was Gaetz.

It’s a message board, who said my opinion mattered? Bet you thought OJ running from the police was totally normal too.

:shrug:  you asked for a link to Sammy's claim about Gaetz being the only member in the house to vote against sex trafficking legislation in 2017.  I provided you with a link - with the roll call vote indicating the bill passed 418-1, and the 1 was Gaetz.
Sir, this is a Bendy's.

No. I was asking for link for named sources of the story about his involvement with trafficking underage girls.  Im still waiting..  let me get know....

Wrong and deflection.  This is exactly why you get grilled.  Please try a different tact.  

Wrong again.  I’m making it about unsourced accusations which you can’t address.  I never said anything about about you.  
The bolded shows you did say something about me.

And a paoer reporting something corroborated by three sources (even unnamed) is not the same as a dossier (that even stated they didn’t confirm something).  And what the dossier stated was not what you are even claiming.  You have got it wrong multiple times and several are trying to tell you that.  Its a bad deflection and you have the facts about that wrong.  Just as claiming Biden was weaponizing the doj appears to be wrong based on the alleged timeline from f this investigation.

Tilt. You are on it.

Unless you are Matt Gaetz or his mother, no one should be this invested into a discussion thread on a fantasy football site. It's just not healthy.
Sorry that I don’t roll over here but please provide proof otherwise just go away.. 

I’m pretty sure headlines don’t dictate how the FBI investigates.  

Direct Headline: Ex-FBI Agent Strzok Acknowledged Steele Dossier Was ‘Intended to Influence’ Media

Brittany Bernstein December 17, 2020

https://news.yahoo.com/ex-fbi-agent-strzok-acknowledged-193459573.html

Direct Headline: DOJ declines to prosecute Comey despite finding that he leaked info

By Andy Sullivan  August 29, 2019 7:39 AM

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trump-russia-comey/doj-declines-to-prosecute-comey-despite-finding-that-he-leaked-info-idUSKCN1VJ1UO

If that's your opinion, go for it. It's your free speech.

Tucker Carlson interview he gave tonight was nuts. The guy is finished 

I am all for letting this play out and giving Gaetz the benefit of presumed innocence, but there is clearly a pretty big story here. Either Gaetz is doing something  illegal or the DOJ is extorting him. Seems worthwhile to discuss either way.

New theory... this McGee guy who Gaetz accuses of extorting him is the lawyer for the girl and they were trying to settle a civil suit.

Gaetz's "denial" is an exercise in semantics worthy of Bill Clinton.

"I have not...had a relationship...with a 17 year old."

(So, technically, the quote would be true if she was 16 and they were just friends with benefits.)
Pfft. 'Relationship'.

Naw, we was jus' bangin'.  

It seems if a Democrat did that, it would be getting a free ride unless you are Andrew Cuomo.

Not a good time to be a GOP these days sheesh!

Will be interesting to see if this lawyer Gates just accused of a crime on national television will respond. Just looked up his bio on his firm’s website, and he seems like a pretty heavy hitter.

Also, not sure about Gaetz blowing up the details of an FBI sting operation on national television makes much sense. Also, he said the FBI threatened the girl he went to dinner with two years ago in an effort to smear his name, but then states that he’s working with them currently on the extortion sting. Very confusing. 

Gaetz's "denial" is an exercise in semantics worthy of Bill Clinton.

"I have not...had a relationship...with a 17 year old."

(So, technically, the quote would be true if she was 16 and they were just friends with benefits.)
I thought his denials were pretty straightforward. It was the other stuff about the extortion sting and the FBI threatening his dinner date that I thought was really super odd.

Will be interesting to see if this lawyer Gates just accused of a crime on national television will respond. Just looked up his bio on his firm’s website, and he seems like a pretty heavy hitter.
I apologize for violating Maurile's directive, but if you are referring to David McGee, then he gave a response earlier today:

"This is a blatant attempt to distract from the fact that Matt Gaetz is apparently about to indicted for sex trafficking underage girls."

Boom!

Also, not sure about Gaetz blowing up the details of an FBI sting operation on national television makes much sense. Also, he said the FBI threatened the girl he went to dinner with two years ago in an effort to smear his name, but then states that he’s working with them currently on the extortion sting. Very confusing. 
I mean, the clips of his interview with Carlson were weird - was the dude high?

I frankly thought the most cringe-worthy moment of the interview was Gaetz initially referring to her as a 17 year old woman (as opposed to “girl”). I took it as an admission of him trying to normalize the behavior. You’ll notice Tucker tried to rehabilitate him a bit by saying “girl” but Gaetz would only give him “17 year old.” 

Then Gaetz basically admits by implication that he took a 17 year old to dinner with Tucker. I again took this as an attempt to normalize. 

Users who are viewing this thread