Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Matt Gaetz Under Investigation for Sex Trafficking

1 hour ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

I think we can all agree that it's a very sad day when MTG is the voice of reason.

Calling for alleged sex-trafficking victims to go public, is not the voice of anything close to reason.

• Like 3
  • Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Honestly, I think there are few things less productive than arguing about hypocrisy on a message board. First, it’s often a generalized comment about groups of posters, which seems facially ridiculous

Today’s GOP:  Mitt Romney, Liz Cheney - “BOOOOOOO!!!!” Matt Gaetz, Roy Moore - “CIRCLE THE WAGONS!!!”

Not nearly as bad as a can of tuna in a crowded movie theatre.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/rep-matt-gaetz-oped-the-swamp-is-out-to-drown-me-with-false-charges-but-im-not-giving-up

Rep. Matt Gaetz: The swamp is out to drown me with false charges, but I'm not giving up

Washington scandal cycles are predictable, and sex is especially potent in politics. Let me first remind everyone that I am a representative in Congress, not a monk, and certainly not a criminal. 

Nancy Pelosi once defended President Bill Clinton after he got an intern to fellate him in the Oval Office. But when it comes to the allegation that I, a grown man, paid for an adult girlfriend’s expenses? Well, consider that a bridge too far for the power-hungry hypocrites. 

I want to be clear about something as we process the leaks and lies from the past week. To this point, there are exactly zero credible (or even non-credible) accusers willing to come forward by name and state on the public record that I behaved improperly toward them, in the manner by which Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo has ten accusers.

Instead, CNN, the New York Times, Politico, and others are just repeating false allegations about a congressman who loathes the swamp and fights both sides of it on a daily basis.

Just as they once falsely attacked President Donald Trump as a Russian asset, Justice Brett Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, and even John McCain as having fathered a child out of wedlock, they now attack me. Of course, none of what they say ever amounts to anything, yet it is endlessly repeated by leftist television anchors such as Chris Cuomo, who uses his platform to cover for his brother's appalling subjection of nursing home patients to death by the coronavirus. They think themselves such wonderful arbiters of moral purpose.

Folks won’t be surprised that bizarre claims are being made about me shortly after I decided to take on the most powerful institutions in the Beltway: the establishment; the FBI; the Biden Justice Department; the Cheney political dynasty; even the Justice Department under Trump. 

Yes, just like the mafia, the D.C. swamp protects its “made men.” Since I’m taking my turn under the gun, let me address the allegations against me directly. First, I have never, ever paid for sex. And second, I, as an adult man, have not slept with a 17-year-old. 

Predictably, the anti-Trump cheerleaders such as Meghan McCain, Bill Kristol, and sadly, some of my feckless colleagues in Congress are going to call for me to resign.

This is how D.C. works. The guilty and wrong point fingers at the innocent and right. Remember President Joe Biden’s Ukraine scandal? Or the Lincoln Project’s professions of moral superiority? Their scorn and moral posturing is all merely projection. 

And no, I am absolutely not resigning.

The Washington Post recently accused me of stating that I’m really enjoying my current embrace of monogamy. That is the truest thing they’ve ever written about me. I’m a better man today than I was years ago. Heck, I hope to be a better man than I was yesterday, every day of my life.

My lifestyle of yesteryear may be different from how I live now, but it was not and is not illegal. I defended Rep. Katie Hill’s “throuple” when her own Democratic colleagues wouldn’t. I just didn't think it was anyone's business.

It comes as no surprise that my political opponents want to sensationalize and criminalize my prior sex life just as I am getting engaged to the best person I’ve ever known. It is regrettable that the battle of ideas should thus become so personal. But then again, when your ideas suck, you need to stoop this low.

My personal life is and always has been conducted on my own time and my own dime. Consensual adult relationships are not illegal. Although I’m sure some partisan crooks in Merrick Garland’s Justice Department want to pervert the truth and the law to go after me, I will not be intimidated or extorted. The battle for America’s future demands gladiators, and I am going to keep getting back up and fighting, every single day.

The Biden Justice Department would rather investigate me for adult, consensual sex than Hunter Biden for his shady business dealings, than others for illegal leaks, or a former Justice Department official for the evident extortion of a congressman. Go figure.

You’ll see more “drip, drip, drip” of leaks into the media from the corrupt Justice Department and others. When you do, ask yourself why. They aren’t coming for me — they are coming for you. I’m just in the way.

As for me? I’m going to fight like hell for my constituents and the country I deeply love. You deserve no less, especially right now.

Rep. Matt Gaetz represents Florida's 1st Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.

I'm just waiting for the inevitable shift to, "but I didn't know she was 17."

Also, 35 or 37 year old men banging 18 year olds is still super gross.  May not be illegal, but it's gross. Much more akin to sex with an intern 20-30 years younger than any polyamorous relationship of like aged adults. 

Edited by The Z Machine
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
15 minutes ago, The Z Machine said:

I'm just waiting for the inevitable shift to, "but I didn't know she was 17."

Also, 35 or 37 year old men banging 18 year olds is still super gross.  May not be illegal, but it's gross. 

Or the “I didn’t know her ID was fake.”

Trying to compare himself to Cuomo...wanting possible underage people involved in a possible sex trafficking case to come forward by name...oof, that statement is pretty dang sleazy as well.

11 hours ago, stlrams said:

So the difference here from my perspective is the following:

watson - has over 20 women accusing him with lawyers and recently reported over 50 women ready to testify 

gaetz - no women coming forward and unsourced accusations.

so your point is what? 

Seems rather obvious, but maybe not.  The point is accusations (whether named or otherwise) are not "proving guilt" by any stretch and both should be assumed innocent until PROVEN guilty.  There IS no difference if one is being consistent.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, bigbottom said:

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/op-eds/rep-matt-gaetz-oped-the-swamp-is-out-to-drown-me-with-false-charges-but-im-not-giving-up

Rep. Matt Gaetz: The swamp is out to drown me with false charges, but I'm not giving up

Washington scandal cycles are predictable, and sex is especially potent in politics. Let me first remind everyone that I am a representative in Congress, not a monk, and certainly not a criminal. 

Nancy Pelosi once defended President Bill Clinton after he got an intern to fellate him in the Oval Office. But when it comes to the allegation that I, a grown man, paid for an adult girlfriend’s expenses? Well, consider that a bridge too far for the power-hungry hypocrites. 

I want to be clear about something as we process the leaks and lies from the past week. To this point, there are exactly zero credible (or even non-credible) accusers willing to come forward by name and state on the public record that I behaved improperly toward them, in the manner by which Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo has ten accusers.

Instead, CNN, the New York Times, Politico, and others are just repeating false allegations about a congressman who loathes the swamp and fights both sides of it on a daily basis.

Just as they once falsely attacked President Donald Trump as a Russian asset, Justice Brett Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, and even John McCain as having fathered a child out of wedlock, they now attack me. Of course, none of what they say ever amounts to anything, yet it is endlessly repeated by leftist television anchors such as Chris Cuomo, who uses his platform to cover for his brother's appalling subjection of nursing home patients to death by the coronavirus. They think themselves such wonderful arbiters of moral purpose.

Folks won’t be surprised that bizarre claims are being made about me shortly after I decided to take on the most powerful institutions in the Beltway: the establishment; the FBI; the Biden Justice Department; the Cheney political dynasty; even the Justice Department under Trump. 

Yes, just like the mafia, the D.C. swamp protects its “made men.” Since I’m taking my turn under the gun, let me address the allegations against me directly. First, I have never, ever paid for sex. And second, I, as an adult man, have not slept with a 17-year-old. 

Predictably, the anti-Trump cheerleaders such as Meghan McCain, Bill Kristol, and sadly, some of my feckless colleagues in Congress are going to call for me to resign.

This is how D.C. works. The guilty and wrong point fingers at the innocent and right. Remember President Joe Biden’s Ukraine scandal? Or the Lincoln Project’s professions of moral superiority? Their scorn and moral posturing is all merely projection. 

And no, I am absolutely not resigning.

The Washington Post recently accused me of stating that I’m really enjoying my current embrace of monogamy. That is the truest thing they’ve ever written about me. I’m a better man today than I was years ago. Heck, I hope to be a better man than I was yesterday, every day of my life.

My lifestyle of yesteryear may be different from how I live now, but it was not and is not illegal. I defended Rep. Katie Hill’s “throuple” when her own Democratic colleagues wouldn’t. I just didn't think it was anyone's business.

It comes as no surprise that my political opponents want to sensationalize and criminalize my prior sex life just as I am getting engaged to the best person I’ve ever known. It is regrettable that the battle of ideas should thus become so personal. But then again, when your ideas suck, you need to stoop this low.

My personal life is and always has been conducted on my own time and my own dime. Consensual adult relationships are not illegal. Although I’m sure some partisan crooks in Merrick Garland’s Justice Department want to pervert the truth and the law to go after me, I will not be intimidated or extorted. The battle for America’s future demands gladiators, and I am going to keep getting back up and fighting, every single day.

The Biden Justice Department would rather investigate me for adult, consensual sex than Hunter Biden for his shady business dealings, than others for illegal leaks, or a former Justice Department official for the evident extortion of a congressman. Go figure.

You’ll see more “drip, drip, drip” of leaks into the media from the corrupt Justice Department and others. When you do, ask yourself why. They aren’t coming for me — they are coming for you. I’m just in the way.

As for me? I’m going to fight like hell for my constituents and the country I deeply love. You deserve no less, especially right now.

Rep. Matt Gaetz represents Florida's 1st Congressional District in the U.S. House of Representatives.

Whole thing reads like: “LOOK AT ME!  I am an adult male who had sex - with a girl!”

• Laughing 1

the allegations have went wild and extreme with Matt Gaetz

all I know is that today, headline news is not talking about Cuomo and him killing thousands and covering it all up or the massive humanitarian crisis at the southern border or the 4 trillion in debt Biden's and Dem's have added to the national debt in the last 4 months ..... 

if Matt Gaetz had wild sex parties, slept with married women, college ladies ..... none of that is illegal. Of all that I read,  was his actions immoral and disgusting and degrading to women .... yes. Illegal though? no - only the accusation of under age person would fit that and whomever accused it better have proof or face millions in liable lawsuits

the man needs to step down - period - and issue apologies for this actions

12 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

the allegations have went wild and extreme with Matt Gaetz

all I know is that today, headline news is not talking about Cuomo and him killing thousands and covering it all up or the massive humanitarian crisis at the southern border or the 4 trillion in debt Biden's and Dem's have added to the national debt in the last 4 months ..... 

if Matt Gaetz had wild sex parties, slept with married women, college ladies ..... none of that is illegal. Of all that I read,  was his actions immoral and disgusting and degrading to women .... yes. Illegal though? no - only the accusation of under age person would fit that and whomever accused it better have proof or face millions in liable lawsuits

the man needs to step down - period - and issue apologies for this actions

Is anyone accusing him? I've only seen reports that he's under investigation.

7 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Is anyone accusing him? I've only seen reports that he's under investigation.

If they were reporting nationally the same things about Matt Gaetz but instead, they're saying it about you .... would you feel accused ?

I think that's exactly what it is 

3 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

If they were reporting nationally the same things about Matt Gaetz but instead, they're saying it about you .... would you feel accused ?

I think that's exactly what it is 

Feelings aren't the law. He can be under investigation and innocent. Both can be true. Do you think its newsworthy if a Congressman is under investigation for wrongdoing?

ETA: on the flip side, how do you feel about people claiming fraud but fail to produce evidence?

Edited by Amused to Death
  • Like 2
10 hours ago, beef said:

Some people sure have some insane party loyalty to keep defending this pedophile.  

Some people understand the difference between a lynching and a hanging.

If the evidence is revealed and bears out, then Gaetz will be "hanged" (i.e. face legal punishment) in the Court of Law and the Court of Public Opinion.

However, until that happens ( or doesn't), the presumption by some to want to "lynch" him based on headlines is a reach that some won't want to make at this point.

Why mince it?

Some of you just want blood. Some you just want your political enemies on their knees begging for their lives. Some of you just want to see purity tests without any kind of actual measure or restraint.

You want to label other zealots while you run around with a rope in your hands looking for first tall tree you can find?

It doesn't look good for Gaetz, but the evidence will bear out or it won't, and some of this is a function of time. You might say "Why wait?" and I'll reply, "When it's time for your kids to run the gauntlet in a cancel culture purity test, how will you feel when people are screaming and demanding to find the tallest tree in town?"

The problem with savoring the sound of people on their knees and begging is one day it might actually be the voices of someone you love, someone you know, someone you care about, someone where you want them to have due process, no matter how personally repugnant.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The Commish said:

Seems rather obvious, but maybe not.  The point is accusations (whether named or otherwise) are not "proving guilt" by any stretch and both should be assumed innocent until PROVEN guilty.  There IS no difference if one is being consistent.

I agree that both are innocent until proven guilty but reality is the Watson case has more credibility and validity at this point.  So if you ask me who might be guilty, I’m saying Watson over gaetz.

3 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I agree that both are innocent until proven guilty but reality is the Watson case has more credibility and validity at this point.  So if you ask me who might be guilty, I’m saying Watson over gaetz.

Why?

36 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

Feelings aren't the law. He can be under investigation and innocent. Both can be true. Do you think its newsworthy if a Congressman is under investigation for wrongdoing?

ETA: on the flip side, how do you feel about people claiming fraud but fail to produce evidence?

I'll take that as you'd see yourself as being accused too - as would I, as would anyone

Newsworthy absolutely  - but media is now a weapon to be used by political groups and that's something I'd like to see addressed in this world. 

reporting facts is one thing - reporting accusations is another and its for a reason 

false accusations is one the worst things that can happen to someone - 

1 minute ago, Stealthycat said:

I'll take that as you'd see yourself as being accused too - as would I, as would anyone

Newsworthy absolutely  - but media is now a weapon to be used by political groups and that's something I'd like to see addressed in this world. 

reporting facts is one thing - reporting accusations is another and its for a reason 

false accusations is one the worst things that can happen to someone - 

OK, but if its a fact Gaetz is under investigation why shouldn't that be reported? How do you feel about the Hunter Biden news? Is it a FACT he's guilty? No, but its a fact he's under investigation.

• Thinking 1
1 hour ago, The Commish said:
1 hour ago, stlrams said:

Why?

20(+?) accusers and counting.  Seems pretty simple to me.  Though if I were placing a bet I’d bet on Gaetz being guilty too. 

18 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

20(+?) accusers and counting.  Seems pretty simple to me.  Though if I were placing a bet I’d bet on Gaetz being guilty too. 

So "quantity"?  That's a pretty dangerous path to go down, don't you think?  To be clear, "credibility" to me doesn't even enter the conversation until I hear it directly from people under oath, so maybe I'm weird.  Just seems off to use such labels before we here directly from them in a judicial setting :shrug: 

Edited by The Commish

I think we should show the same tact and restraint from commenting, speculating and even acknowledging anything other than the  facts in regards to Matt Gaetz-Gate that was shown during the various Hunter Biden alleged situations by the Trump Media outlets.   

• Like 3
  • Thinking 1
1 hour ago, Thunderlips said:

I think we should show the same tact and restraint from commenting, speculating and even acknowledging anything other than the  facts in regards to Matt Gaetz-Gate that was shown during the various Hunter Biden alleged situations by the Trump Media outlets.   

Who's going to tell him.

4 hours ago, The Commish said:

Why?

Imo because there are over 20 women that have come forward, some with names and there’s might up to 50.  Gaetz case has unnamed source and no one coming forward at this point. 

3 hours ago, dkp993 said:

It’s certainly possible but if you had to bet for either Watson or gaetz being guilty, which one would you put your money on at this point?

The ‘why hasn’t she come forward’ crowd is ridiculous. You really don’t understand why someone who is now 17-19 year old isn’t coming forward? Her life will be ruined as soon as her name is out in the public. Cuomo’s accusers also faced the same risk but many were already established in their careers and had strengths in numbers.

The people wanting her to come forward publicly want to do so to pick apart her history, slut shame her and intimidate her into not cooperating.

• Like 2
25 minutes ago, stlrams said:

It’s certainly possible but if you had to bet for either Watson or gaetz being guilty, which one would you put your money on at this point?

lean Watson but by like 51/49

26 minutes ago, stlrams said:

both.  but if I could only bet on one, it would be Watson.  

33 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Imo because there are over 20 women that have come forward, some with names and there’s might up to 50.  Gaetz case has unnamed source and no one coming forward at this point. 

That's a pretty arbitrary place to draw the "credibility" line IMO, but thanks for clarifying.  Aren't those in the Gaetz case under aged?  

33 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Gaetz

They are both likely guilty.

But, with Gaetz, you have him hunting for lawyers, and you have Trumpworld, and others who know him best, steering clear of him.  That tells me one of two things: 1. They are wondering what took so long for Gaetz to be busted; or, 2. They don't know if he is guilty of these charges, but since they know his character, they think its likely that he is guilty of something.

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, stlrams said:

I don't really understand this.   What unnamed source are you talking about?  The three sources that said he's under a DOJ investigation for sex trafficking?   Because Gaetz admitted he's under a DOJ investigation.   At that point, we can pretty much stop worrying about them being unnamed.

39 minutes ago, -fish- said:

I don't really understand this.   What unnamed source are you talking about?  The three sources that said he's under a DOJ investigation for sex trafficking?   Because Gaetz admitted he's under a DOJ investigation.   At that point, we can pretty much stop worrying about them being unnamed.

He’s admitted to having sex and buying her stuff. He says it’s not illegal. We’ll see how it plays out 

Let’s just make this the all things Matt Gaetz thread. The guy is undeniably interesting. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/04/06/matt-gaetz-revenge-porn-bill/%3foutputType=amp

Gaetz fought revenge porn bill, saying ex-lovers can use photos as they see fit, sponsor says

When Florida legislators passed a bill aimed at preventing people from sharing sexually explicit photos of their ex-partners online, then-state Rep. Matt Gaetz cast one of just two House votes against it.

Six years later, with the now-congressman accused of having a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl and sharing photographs of nude women with fellow lawmakers, the sponsor of the Florida legislation claims that Gaetz opposed it because he believed recipients of such images could use them however they wanted.

Tom Goodson, a Republican who retired from the Florida House of Representatives in 2018, told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that Gaetz was the leading opponent of the nonconsensual pornography bill he spent years trying to pass. He described a meeting where Gaetz said that if a person gives an intimate photo to a romantic partner, the image becomes the property of the recipient.

“Matt was absolutely against it. He thought the picture was his to do with what he wanted,” Goodson said, according to the newspaper. “He thought that any picture was his to use as he wanted to, as an expression of his rights.”

Representatives for Gaetz, who burnished an image as a Trump loyalist after his 2016 election to the U.S. House of Representatives, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The panhandle Republican is being investigated by the Department of Justice over allegations that he had an intimate relationship with the 17-year-old and paid for her travel. Investigators are also looking into whether he paid for sex with women in violation of federal sex-trafficking laws.

After news of the probe broke last week, two sources told The Washington Post that Gaetz had boasted to people in Florida political circles about meeting women through a former county tax collector who is now charged with sex trafficking of a minor. Gaetz has denied the allegations, claiming the Justice Department is attempting to criminalize legal conduct and his family is being extorted.

Goodson could not be reached Tuesday. An email from his company, Goodson Paving, said the former lawmaker would not be providing further comment.

“The Orlando Sentinel quoted him exactly and he has nothing else to add,” it said.

Representative Matt Gaetz, Republican of Florida, was one of President Donald J. Trump’s most vocal allies during his term, publicly pledging loyalty and even signing a letter nominating the president for the Nobel Peace Prize.

In the final weeks of Mr. Trump’s term, Mr. Gaetz sought something in return. He privately asked the White House for blanket pre-emptive pardons for himself and unidentified congressional allies for any crimes they may have committed, according to two people told of the discussions.

Around that time, Mr. Gaetz was also publicly calling for broad pardons from Mr. Trump to thwart what he termed the “bloodlust” of their political opponents. But Justice Department investigatorshad begun questioning Mr. Gaetz’s associates about his conduct, including whether he had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old that violated sex trafficking laws, in an inquiry that grew out of the case of an indicted associate in Florida.

It was unclear whether Mr. Gaetz or the White House knew at the time about the inquiry, or who else he sought pardons for. Mr. Gaetz did not tell White House aides that he was under investigation for potential sex trafficking violations when he made the request. But top White House lawyers and officials viewed the request for a pre-emptive pardon as a nonstarter that would set a bad precedent, the people said.

• Thinking 1

Matt Gaetz strikes me as the guy in the office who gets bombed on a night out with the team/clients and says and does things that cannot be forgotten.  And change your view of that guy forever going forward.  

But he walks into work the next day as if nothing happened.  

11 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

I was told all throughout the kavanaugh trial that allegations are evidence.

Eta hearing not trial

Edited by parasaurolophus
11 minutes ago, parasaurolophus said:

Eta hearing not trial

I hope they have more than that or it might cost some people $1.3B

3 hours ago, bigbottom said:

.......Tom Goodson, a Republican who retired from the Florida House of Representatives in 2018, told the Orlando Sentinel on Monday that Gaetz was the leading opponent of the nonconsensual pornography bill he spent years trying to pass. He described a meeting where Gaetz said that if a person gives an intimate photo to a romantic partner, the image becomes the property of the recipient.

“Matt was absolutely against it. He thought the picture was his to do with what he wanted,” Goodson said, according to the newspaper. “He thought that any picture was his to use as he wanted to, as an expression of his rights.”....

46 States + DC + One Territory NOW have Revenge Porn Laws

https://www.cybercivilrights.org/revenge-porn-laws/

Florida Statute 784.049. Sexual Cyberharassment.

https://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2015/0538/BillText/er/PDF

47 U.S. Code § 230 - Protection for private blocking and screening of offensive material

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/47/230

This issue has multiple layers of complexity that extend past Gaetz and his situation. Another issue is part of the discussion for Gaetz is the traveling across state lines. That takes an already murky situation and makes it only cloudier legally.

What's the first answer and simple answer?

Here it is - Does the site or platform hosting the photo have a TOS where the accused poster is in violation?

What is the backdoor political pathway?

The first thing a host will do if something like this blows up is hide behind Section 230. The left leaning MSM do not want the idea of revenge porn and Section 230 to come together in the daily media cycle. Since Big Social Media leans hard left and they use Section 230 like a shield that often converts into a battering ram.

The less the critical nature of Section 230 comes up for public discussion, the better for Big Social Media. So it's no wonder that revenge porn issues are not highlighted on those platforms.

If George Carlin was alive, he'd punch Gaetz in the face and then agree with his stance.

10 hours ago, Thunderlips said:

VIDEO: Dorsey admits it was ‘wrong’ to censor Hunter Biden story, NY Post •Nov 17, 2020

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey addresses censorship concerns during Senate Judiciary Committee hearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWayExRuaYk

If we are talking about "the same", then Big Social Media would need to shut down all discussions of Gaetz for three weeks.

Dorsey says that Twitter changed it's policy within 24 hours, but they also said in order to unlock the NY Post's Twitter account, that the NY Post would need to "delete the offending tweet" and the repost it.

Now I recognize most of the lawyers here on FBG, the ones who are outspoken about their legal bravado, lean left, and some hard left. But I have no doubt that even they, some in all their wokeness, can see through the happy horse #### that Jack Dorsey is trying to sell here. The balls that mother ####er to violate his own TOS, make up new rules on the fly and then still call it an "offending tweet" to try to reset the optics.

The NY Post did nothing wrong, but Dorsey wants them to take an action that shields Twitter from any potential future liability and drive a different narrative - i.e. if the NY Post did nothing wrong, why did they delete it?

So the stalemate cost the NY Post three weeks in October 2020, which was a critical time near the election. Not only that, but Twitter picked off anyone who tried to forward or retweet the story or even talk about it. Because why just stop at knee capping one Conservative when you can just fabricate a reason to start an orbital bombardment on all Conservatives?

Thunderlips, are you sure you want the same restraint shown as per Hunter Biden?

BECAUSE I'M 5000 PERCENT SURE MATT GAETZ WOULD AGREE WITH YOU AND LOVE IT. PURE MEDIA SUPPRESSION ON A POTENTIAL SCANDAL WITH THE BENEFIT OF WIDESPREAD SILENCING OF MULTIPLE PUNDITS ACROSS THE AISLE.

13 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

No. We aren't a responsible enough society to properly vet that information. But that irresponsibility is why it's our news. It engages those who want to hear it, which generates ratings so they can sell ad revenue and profit. 

2 hours ago, parasaurolophus said:

Eta hearing not trial

Factual allegations by a first-hand witness are evidence.

Statements consisting of legal conclusions are not evidence.

13 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

OK, but if its a fact Gaetz is under investigation why shouldn't that be reported? How do you feel about the Hunter Biden news? Is it a FACT he's guilty? No, but its a fact he's under investigation.

Direct Headline: 'The Biden name was gold to them': President's son Hunter admits he got a $50-000-a-month job on the board of Ukrainian gas company Burisma because of his family name

Hunter said Burisma viewed Biden name as 'gold' when they hired him in 2014 

The 51-year-old said his father's name represents 'democracy and transparency'

But Hunter denied leveraging connections of his father, who was then the VP

He also admitted that being a Biden had been both 'a privilege and a burden' 

By Ross Ibbetson and Chris Pleasance 07:22 EDT, 6 April 2021

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9439907/Hunter-Biden-admits-Burisma-hired-family-name.html

Direct Headline: Hunter Biden failed to disclose $400K in payments he received from Ukrainian energy company Burisma in 2014 - emails from his subpoenaed laptop reveal

2017 email from Rosemont Seneca president Eric Schwerin warns of liabilty

Schwerin wrote that Hunter Biden failed to disclose payments from Burisma

Message noted that Hunter Biden netted more than $1.2 million for the year

Hunter's seat on the board of Ukrainian energy company spurred controversy

He is now the target of a federal probe of his foreign dealings and taxes 

By Keith Griffith  17:51 EDT, 12 December 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9047065/Hunter-Biden-failed-disclose-400K-Burisma-tax-return-email-says.html

Direct Headline: New leaked email revealed by Tucker Carlson shows that Joe Biden visited Ukraine AFTER Hunter was asked by his business partner to arrange for 'influential US policy makers' to travel to the country to help their firm Burisma

They claim Hunter was approached by Vadym Pozharskyi to secure good PR for the company Burisma

Pozharskyi allegedly asked for 'high-ranking US officials to express their positive opinion of Burisma'

He also wanted influential US officials to visit the Ukraine

The aim was to 'close down any pursuits against the head of the firm'

If true, the email came just over a month before VP Biden went to the Ukraine 

On the trip, Biden successfully pressured Ukrainian officials to fire the prosecutor who was looking into Pozharskyi's business

By Frances Mulraney  23:42 EDT, 28 October 2020

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8845979/Hunter-Biden-emails-claims-asked-close-pursuits-against-head-firm.html

TRUNCATED FOR LENGTH***

Edited by GordonGekko

No one is saying Gaetz shouldn't have his scandal posted and published. Some people are however pointing out the way the leftist MSM is handling this compared to Hunter Biden

- Big Social Media, including Jack Dorsey, have admitted they suppressed the story about Hunter Biden around Election Day, and it was a violation of their own policies.

- Hunter Biden has actual video of drug use and having sex with hookers ( were they underage?)

- Hunter Biden has financial dealings that open questions about "pay for play" with a then sitting VP of the United States, where that VP is on record for demanding someone be fired , in exchange for US foreign aid to come unhindered, where that firing has linkage to to said "pay for play" scheme

- Hunter Biden's ex wife is on record, via court documents, that her ex husband did not pay the basic bills for his own children, instead spending the money on drugs and hookers

- Hunter Biden got a rare exemption to get a soft military job ( given his previous record, this could only happen with massive political leverage), and he failed the drug test

- Hunter Biden is on record getting a stripper pregnant, cheating on his wife to do so, then refusing to pay child support for said child. Notice a trend in having kids and not feeding them?

- Hunter Biden is then on record to moving onto his dead brother's ex, then meeting another woman whom he married in 6 days.

- Tony Bobulinski, a former partner of Hunter Biden and a former Navy veteran with DOD intelligence clearance and a clean record, spoke out against Hunter Biden

Are you really going to compare the two issues?

The leftist MSM suppressed a major story/scandal where there was video, an email trail, deep questions about the US and foreign policy and foreign aid, the implication of a US Vice President being bribed and a good amount of sordid sexual scandal WITH VIDEO AND PHOTOS NO LESS. But Matt Gaetz is front and center, with no holds barred here, with very limited details on what's going on and already cries for his beheading and quartering in the town square.

How do I feel about it?

It's clearly (D)ifferent.

Would you like to keep splitting hairs? If so, come forward. Come and get some more. You clearly want some, so come get all of it.

8 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

VIDEO: Dorsey admits it was ‘wrong’ to censor Hunter Biden story, NY Post •Nov 17, 2020

Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey addresses censorship concerns during Senate Judiciary Committee hearing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWayExRuaYk

If we are talking about "the same", then Big Social Media would need to shut down all discussions of Gaetz for three weeks.

Dorsey says that Twitter changed it's policy within 24 hours, but they also said in order to unlock the NY Post's Twitter account, that the NY Post would need to "delete the offending tweet" and the repost it.

Now I recognize most of the lawyers here on FBG, the ones who are outspoken about their legal bravado, lean left, and some hard left. But I have no doubt that even they, some in all their wokeness, can see through the happy horse #### that Jack Dorsey is trying to sell here. The balls that mother ####er to violate his own TOS, make up new rules on the fly and then still call it an "offending tweet" to try to reset the optics.

The NY Post did nothing wrong, but Dorsey wants them to take an action that shields Twitter from any potential future liability and drive a different narrative - i.e. if the NY Post did nothing wrong, why did they delete it?

So the stalemate cost the NY Post three weeks in October 2020, which was a critical time near the election. Not only that, but Twitter picked off anyone who tried to forward or retweet the story or even talk about it. Because why just stop at knee capping one Conservative when you can just fabricate a reason to start an orbital bombardment on all Conservatives?

Thunderlips, are you sure you want the same restraint shown as per Hunter Biden?

BECAUSE I'M 5000 PERCENT SURE MATT GAETZ WOULD AGREE WITH YOU AND LOVE IT. PURE MEDIA SUPPRESSION ON A POTENTIAL SCANDAL WITH THE BENEFIT OF WIDESPREAD SILENCING OF MULTIPLE PUNDITS ACROSS THE AISLE.

Pardon me, Snoop....but I specifically said "Trump Media Outlets".....not "Big Social Media".  So why don't you sit down and write a word salad on that. 

• Thanks 1
  • Laughing 3

ORLANDO, Fla. — The legal peril Rep. Matt Gaetz is facing appeared to increase sharply Thursday after a court hearing indicated that one of Gaetz’s close friends, former Seminole County, Fla., tax collector Joel Greenberg, is likely cooperating with federal prosecutors.

The potentially ominous development for the close ally of former President Donald Trump came as prosecutors and a defense attorney for Greenberg appeared before a judge here to discuss the next steps in a recently expanded criminal case charging Greenberg with sex trafficking of a minor, as well as stalking, bribery and defrauding the pandemic-related Paycheck Protection Program. (Is that new?)

“I am sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today,” said Greenberg's defense attorney, Fritz Scheller, after the hearing.

The federal probe looking into whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl and paid for her travel began last year and grew out of the Greenberg investigation.

"We believe this case is going to be a plea," federal prosecutor Roger Handberg said at the outset of the brief hearing. "My hope would be that it is done this month."

Scheller agreed that his client is looking to deal. "I expect this case to be resolved with a plea," the defense lawyer said moments later.

“I am sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today,” said Greenberg's defense attorney, Fritz Scheller, after the hearing.

That quote is from the attorney for Gaetz' friend.  

Link

13 minutes ago, massraider said:

ORLANDO, Fla. — The legal peril Rep. Matt Gaetz is facing appeared to increase sharply Thursday after a court hearing indicated that one of Gaetz’s close friends, former Seminole County, Fla., tax collector Joel Greenberg, is likely cooperating with federal prosecutors.

The potentially ominous development for the close ally of former President Donald Trump came as prosecutors and a defense attorney for Greenberg appeared before a judge here to discuss the next steps in a recently expanded criminal case charging Greenberg with sex trafficking of a minor, as well as stalking, bribery and defrauding the pandemic-related Paycheck Protection Program. (Is that new?)

The federal probe looking into whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a 17-year-old girl and paid for her travel began last year and grew out of the Greenberg investigation.

"We believe this case is going to be a plea," federal prosecutor Roger Handberg said at the outset of the brief hearing. "My hope would be that it is done this month."

Scheller agreed that his client is looking to deal. "I expect this case to be resolved with a plea," the defense lawyer said moments later.

That quote is from the attorney for Gaetz' friend.  

Link

“I am sure Matt Gaetz is not feeling very comfortable today,”

:popcorn: