What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Texas Rangers Thread - Langford vs. Carter for ROY *** (1 Viewer)

Bogart

Footballguy
We did this when they were good, going to fire this up when they are really bad.

Questions going into the season:

• Dane Dunning - can he throw baseball good?

• Nick Solak - can he settle on one position?

• Isiah Kiner-Falefa - can I spell his name correctly without double checking by end of season?

• Joey Gallo - what do we get for the ultimate true outcome player?

Last edited:
Really like our 1-4 in the lineup. But also had to Google who is starting at DH today.

I can't name one team that opened a new stadium and made less an effort to get players to play in it. 

culdeus said:
I can't name one team that opened a new stadium and made less an effort to get players to play in it. 
Opening Day has never meant less. At least the Blue Jays are here for some star power.

so 100% capacity for opening day, then drop back to like 50%?  Is that honestly for covid, or the fact there is no demand for the product and this is a cover?  

I can't get a clear answer or bead on this.

Pathetic display of ignorance and stupidity at Globe Life yesterday. The game was pretty bad as well. But hey, Nate Lowe is leading the league in RBIs which makes my shares of Ronnie Guzman pretty worthless at this point.

Kyle Gibson current ERA: 135.00

Probably has some room to improve.
Kyle Gibson current ERA: 7.11

I would venture to say, outside of Infinity ERA, that might be the biggest drop in ERA between two starts in Major League History.

People coming out of woodwork offering me tickets as I'm vaccinated.  More scared I'll want to throw myself into oncoming traffic. 

Not sure what is worse: getting no-hit by a team that has never had one, getting swept by a team without their best player, me thinking they won a game this weekend because they were(?) ahead at one point.

I hear that scoring runs is a good thing. I also hear that striking out is a bad thing. 17 strikeouts seems excessive. 

You can't stop Charlie Culberson, you can only hope to contain him.

This team may never take batting practice again if they can hit like that without it.

Kyle Gibson current ERA: 7.11

I would venture to say, outside of Infinity ERA, that might be the biggest drop in ERA between two starts in Major League History.
Kyle Gibson current ERA: 4.05

Math is hard, but Kyle has figured out that not giving up 5 ER in one-third of an inning is a good thing. Spend all your FAAB on him.

Adolis Garcia is the 1st player in Rangers history to hit a go-ahead HR in extras as his 1st career HR.

This stupid team is going to suck me in by pretending they can compete.

Kyle Gibson current ERA: 4.05

Math is hard, but Kyle has figured out that not giving up 5 ER in one-third of an inning is a good thing. Spend all your FAAB on him.
Kyle Gibson current ERA: 2.53

I think that's good, is that good? Goodish? (Fun what-if math: take away Opening Day and his ERA is 0.42)

Can Kohei Arihara be the next Yu Darvish? No, probably not. But, he throws baseball pretty good.

Would have been good to mix in a hit with all of those free passes. Ohtani is entertaining to watch, that is for sure.

Kyle Gibson current ERA: 2.53

I think that's good, is that good? Goodish? (Fun what-if math: take away Opening Day and his ERA is 0.42)
Kyle Gibson current ERA: 2.30

Welp. Fun weekend getting our collective bottoms handed to us by the Pale Hose. But it sure wasn't Kyle's fault.

Another crappy loss, but hey, at least we have the reigning AL Player of the Week in centerfield (all apologies to Leody)

In the AL, Adolis García hit .333 and slugged .875 for the week with four home runs and nine RBIs.

In the process, he completed a stretch of homering five times in his first 10 games of the season. The first three of those home runs gave the Rangers a lead, making him the third player in franchise history to hit go-ahead homers for his first three career home runs, after Jurickson Profar in 2012-13 and Billy Sample in 1979.

Welp. Fun weekend getting our collective bottoms handed to us by the Pale Hose. But it sure wasn't Kyle's fault.
Kyle Gibson current ERA: 2.16

Few days late on this, but man is Gibson doing his best impersonation of a Number One starter.  Take 3 out of 4 from the Red Sox, you have to at least feel good about it.

Joey Gallo’s home run was 105.5 mph off the bat, and his single was 104.3 mph. Adolis Garcia’s home run was 107.7. Willie Calhoun had a 107.0 mph groundout. Nate Lowe was 106.4 mph on his double and 99.2 mph on his single. Nick Solak and Charlie Culberson had groundouts at 103.2 mph and 103.1 mph, respectively. David Dahl had a 102.3 mph single and Isiah Kiner-Falefa had a 100.2 mph double.
Fun With Math

Kyle Gibson current ERA: 2.16

Few days late on this, but man is Gibson doing his best impersonation of a Number One starter.  Take 3 out of 4 from the Red Sox, you have to at least feel good about it.

Our streak of the ERA going down has come to an end at 5 games. It was a run. But still the W in extra. Garcia doing good rookie baseball hitting things. 

Day baseball!!! Let's win another series. I hear that is what good teams will do on occasion.

Another series win and Have won the last 6 out of 8. In interesting nerd news, Daren Willman, Director of R&D for MLB tweeted this:

I have some personal news to share today... After 5+ amazing seasons with @MLB, I'll be leaving soon to join the

@Rangers Front Office as Sr. Director of R&D and Applications. It's an incredible opportunity and I'm really looking forward to getting started.
I'm all for getting as many smart people in your organization as possible. This is a good get.

Another series win. Playing 0.500 ball. Exciting win Saturday with new hero Garcia showing off his arm to nail the tying run at the plate. Fun time at the GILF.

Our streak of the ERA going down has come to an end at 5 games. It was a run. But still the W in extra. Garcia doing good rookie baseball hitting things. 
Kyle Gibson current ERA: 2.28 (14th in MLB)

Out of 8 starts, Gibson has given up one or zero runs in 6 of them. 

What's going on with David Dahl? I wanted the Cubs to sign him over Joc Pederson.

Both guys have gotten out of the gate quite slowly, though Pederson has shown some life with the bat over the last week or so.

What's going on with David Dahl? I wanted the Cubs to sign him over Joc Pederson.

Both guys have gotten out of the gate quite slowly, though Pederson has shown some life with the bat over the last week or so.
He's pretty spare to fair so far. Hitting in the bottom third of the lineup, no real power to speak of yet. Overshadowed by Garcia and others. I was really excited when he signed that he would be that number 3 or 5 hitter around Gallo.

Important 4 game series with the Cheaters this weekend. Could really tighten up the AL West standings or start a slide. This stupid team has me excited for winning again.

Bogart said:
Important 4 game series with the Cheaters this weekend. Could really tighten up the AL West standings or start a slide. This stupid team has me excited for winning again.
And...... we suck again. Honestly, didn't see much of this series, but not at least getting one game is un-fun times.

Ugly loss last night. It's amazing how one bad loss makes you forget about a sweep really quickly.

Garcia going deep seems more common than when he doesn't, but otherwise, pretty sucky offense and even worse defense.

Ohtani is really fun to watch on the other team. Wish I had him in fantasy.

Nice little six game skid and an overall 9-20 record away from the GILF puts this team right where they need to be to make the A$$HAT standings happen in the AL West.

Record setting night in Colorado last night. Rangers have lost 13 games in a row on the road. The team has never done that in franchise history. But hey, Khris Davis dinger.

This team is 4-18 over their last 22 games. They may never win again this season, and I am OK with that.

Now with the Mavs done, and months until the start of football and hockey, I wonder if subs to Bally's Sports Network plummet. I would not pay to watch this team.

Users who are viewing this thread