What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Superflex rookie draft quiestions (1 Viewer)

osiriskid

Footballguy
12 team Superflex

I have the 1.02,1.04,1.06,1.11, 2.02, and 2.04. Is it crazy to draft 2 qb's in the first just for their perceived value. My plan was to draft one QB with in the top 4, and trade back if possible. Also, i have 3 1st in 22.

current roster:

Qb's: Lamar, Herbert, Taysom Hill, and Josh Rosen.

RB's: Boston Scott, Justice Hill, Marlon Mack, Cohen, Hines, Polard, and Perine. (Horrible, was planning on hitting this position hard in the draft)

WR's: Jefferson, Mims, Pittman, Gabriel Davis, Duvernay, Tre'quan Smith, and Dionte Johnson.

TE's: Goedart, Mandrews, OJ Howard, and Foster Moreau

Thanks for your time.

Based on your team I would not go that route.  You need immediate help at RB, WR, and TE.  QB is really the only position you are set at.  I would take one QB so you will be set for years to come with a potential solid three guys but then I would be going BPA after that.  Obviously RB is your biggest weakness but I wouldn't necessarily force RB's if there are better WR's available on your draft board.  I would make a combined draft board and just take the guy at the top of your list for each of your picks.  

If there is a team in desperate need of a QB you could look to see if there is a potential trade partner and get more assets with some of your higher picks if you can get the necessary value out of it.  

Not crazy. QBs retain their value well, so if you draft an extra one as BPA you should be able to trade one away for good value sometime in the next month or year or whatever.

Not crazy. QBs retain their value well, so if you draft an extra one as BPA you should be able to trade one away for good value sometime in the next month or year or whatever.
Drafting a guy with the purpose of trading later never really seems to work out as good as it looks like on paper.  I am not saying you shouldn't draft the BPA but in most cases that isn't the end of tier QB's.  I just have never seen it work out when you draft a player solely for trading purposes.  

Users who are viewing this thread