Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

MLB moves All-Star game in response to GA voter laws


Recommended Posts

Rob Manfred is a member at Augusta National: 

You will never see MLB, NBA or NFL taking a stand that will hurt the league or themselves.  They are only SJWs when it does not impact income. Rob Manfred now might be forced to quit Augusta of optics but that will not impact his checkbook.  You will never see NBL players wesring a "Free Taiwan" warmup because the NBA is in bed with China,the biggest human rights offender in the worldas well as anti-gay anto trans.  Heck fans get kicked out of NBA arenas for wearing a Free Taiwan shirt. You won`t see any players tweeting about China and their salary cap is tied in with china $$$$$ to the NBA.    

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-Fla.) on Monday sent a letter to MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred asking if Manfred would give up his membership at the exclusive Augusta National Golf Club in the wake of the league's decision to pull the 2021 All-Star Game from Atlanta to protest Georgia’s controversial new voting law. 

Rubio took a personal shot at the head of MLB after Manfred said the decision to pull the All-Star Game and the MLB Draft from Georgia was “the best way to demonstrate our values as a sport.”

“I write to ask you whether you intend to maintain your membership at Augusta National Golf Club. As you are well aware, the exclusive members-only club is located in the State of Georgia,” Rubio wrote to Manfred.

Augusta National, the annual host of the Masters Tournament, one of the most prestigious tournaments in golf, didn’t invite a Black player to compete at the Masters until 1975, and the club itself didn’t admit its first Black member until 1990.

Rubio implied that Manfred was engaging in a double standard by supporting the decision to remove the All-Star Game from Georgia because of criticism that the state’s new voting law discriminates against Black voters in metropolitan Atlanta. 

Rubio said the decision to move the All-Star Game “will have a bigger impact on countless small and minority owned businesses in and around Atlanta, than the new election law ever will."

And he said it “reeks of hypocrisy.”

Rubio also said he has “no illusion” that Manfred will end his membership at August National because “to do so would require a personal sacrifice, as opposed to the woke corporate virtue signaling of moving the All Star Game from Atlanta.”  

The GOP senator and potential 2024 White House candidate also challenged Manfred to reevaluate baseball’s relationship with China and Cuba, two countries with a history of human rights violations.

“Will Major League Baseball now end its engagement with nations that do not hold elections at all like China and Cuba? Will you end your lucrative financial relationship with Tencent, a company with deep ties to the Communist Party and actively helps the Chinese Government hunt down and silence political dissidents?” Rubio wrote.

The Florida senator predicted that MLB won’t boycott China because it could result in a substantial drop in revenues.

“Taking the All-Star game out of Georgia is an easy way to signal virtues without significant financial fallout. But speaking out against the Chinese Communist Party would involve a significant loss of revenue and being closed out of a lucrative market,” he wrote.

Texas governor refuses to throw first pitch over MLB stance on Georgia

 

Edited by Da Guru
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

1. No. 
2. No. 
3. I don’t know. Not with moving the All Star Game. It ends when the law is removed. 

To save me 10 pages of reading.  What about the new voter law don't you like?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

You mean the part where he said “the polls will now close at 5 pm , when most people are still at work” ?

No. I’m aware he got that specific part wrong. No I’m talking about the overall tenor of his comments, in which he compared it to Jim Crow. That, I believe, was an apt comparison. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Please read up on President Biden’s statements on the law. I agree with them. 

I just read the statement.  Good grief, what do you agree with?  LOL!

"This law, like so many others being pursued by Republicans in statehouses across the country is a blatant attack on the Constitution and good conscience. Among the outrageous parts of this new state law, it ends voting hours early so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over..."

This is an absolutely false statement.  Georgia added voting days to their elections on the weekends.  The law actually gives working individuals MORE opportunities to cast their vote.  The old law said voting was to occur during "normal business hours" and one Saturday.  The new law provides that voting will begin at 9am and end at 5pm but allows for the polls to open and close 2 hours early/late so the effect is the polls will be open from 7am to 7pm.  It also expands weekend voting to two Saturdays and two Sundays.  So a worker can either vote on the weekends, vote before work or vote after work.  Wouldn't the simple solution be to make the election a Federal Holiday so people aren't at work that day?

"It adds rigid restrictions on casting absentee ballots that will effectively deny the right to vote to countless voters..."

He is vague with the "rigid restrictions" to absentee voting.  This is taken verbatim from the Georgia Voter Registration Form:  "VOTER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. Federal law requires you to provide your full GA Drivers License number or GA State issued ID number. If you do not have a GA Drivers License or GA ID you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. Providing your full Social Security number is optional. Your Social Security number will be kept confidential and may be used for comparison with other state agency databases for voter registration identification purposes. If you do not possess a GA Drivers License or Social Security number please check the appropriate box and a unique identifier will be provided for you."  So there are no additional ID requirements to cast an absentee ballot.  You simply need what you used when you registered.  It also guarantees that ballot boxes be mandated by population and place at secure locations.  They shortened the absentee voting period from 49 days to 29 days.  Is that burdensome to someone?  Is 29 days not enough?  I could see an argument for limited ballot boxes, we won't know that effect until it's put into practice.  

"And it makes it a crime to provide water to voters while they wait in line – lines Republican officials themselves have created by reducing the number of polling sites across the state, disproportionately in Black neighborhoods."

This is misleading and show a blatant disregard for the actual law.  The new law prevents people from providing food and water to people within 150 feet of the polls.  This is directly aimed at preventing partisan workers from providing benefits to voters for votes.  It instead requires poll workers to now be the ones to provide food and water to people waiting in line or people to bring their own food and water.  Total non-issue.

Is that the statement you were referring to?  

Edited by Snotbubbles
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

I just read the statement.  Good grief, what do you agree with?  LOL!

"This law, like so many others being pursued by Republicans in statehouses across the country is a blatant attack on the Constitution and good conscience. Among the outrageous parts of this new state law, it ends voting hours early so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over..."

This is an absolutely false statement.  Georgia added voting days to their elections on the weekends.  The law actually gives working individuals MORE opportunities to cast their vote.  The old law said voting was to occur during "normal business hours" and one Saturday.  The new law provides that voting will begin at 9am and end at 5pm but allows for the polls to open and close 2 hours early/late so the effect is the polls will be open from 7am to 7pm.  It also expands weekend voting to two Saturdays and two Sundays.  So a worker can either vote on the weekends, vote before work or vote after work.  Wouldn't the simple solution be to make the election a Federal Holiday so people aren't at work that day?

"It adds rigid restrictions on casting absentee ballots that will effectively deny the right to vote to countless voters..."

He is vague with the "rigid restrictions" to absentee voting.  This is taken verbatim from the Georgia Voter Registration Form:  "VOTER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. Federal law requires you to provide your full GA Drivers License number or GA State issued ID number. If you do not have a GA Drivers License or GA ID you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. Providing your full Social Security number is optional. Your Social Security number will be kept confidential and may be used for comparison with other state agency databases for voter registration identification purposes. If you do not possess a GA Drivers License or Social Security number please check the appropriate box and a unique identifier will be provided for you."  So there are no additional ID requirements to cast an absentee ballot.  You simply need what you used when you registered.  It also guarantees that ballot boxes be mandated by population and place at secure locations.  They shortened the absentee voting period from 49 days to 29 days.  Is that burdensome to someone?  Is 29 days not enough?  I could see an argument for limited ballot boxes, we won't know that effect until it's put into practice.  

"And it makes it a crime to provide water to voters while they wait in line – lines Republican officials themselves have created by reducing the number of polling sites across the state, disproportionately in Black neighborhoods."

This is misleading and show a blatant disregard for the actual law.  The new law prevents people from providing food and water to people within 150 feet of the polls.  This is directly aimed at preventing partisan workers from providing benefits to voters for votes.  It instead requires poll workers to now be the ones to provide food and water to people waiting in line or people to bring their own food and water.  Total non-issue.

Is that the statement you were referring to?  

Yes. The first part he got wrong. The rest is pretty accurate. 
 

I don’t need to go down this road again though. What makes the law reminiscent of Jim Crow, and racist, is that it attempts to restrict every aspect of increased black voting. What the GOP did was carefully examine where black voting has increased due to Stacy Abram’s efforts, and passed restrictions deliberately designed to slow those increases down. That’s why it’s correct to boycott the state. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Yes. The first part he got wrong. The rest is pretty accurate. 
 

I don’t need to go down this road again though. What makes the law reminiscent of Jim Crow, and racist, is that it attempts to restrict every aspect of increased black voting. What the GOP did was carefully examine where black voting has increased due to Stacy Abram’s efforts, and passed restrictions deliberately designed to slow those increases down. That’s why it’s correct to boycott the state. 

Which part of the new law will slow black voter increase?    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

Which part of the new law will slow black voter increase?    

Hopefully none of it. But all of it is designed to. For instance, because blacks typically have to wait in much longer lines, restricting them access to food and water is deliberately designed to make the waiting more unbearable. 
 

But you know all this. I’ve read your posts on a variety of subjects; I know you are an intelligent, well informed person. So I know that you’re aware of all of the arguments made by those opposed to the law. Asking me to repeat them is likely designed to catch me in some sort of misstatement or contradiction. Instead why don’t you offer your opinion of the law? You already know mine. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Snotbubbles said:

Which part of the new law will slow black voter increase?    

nice work going through the bill & providing information.  appreciate it.✌️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Snotbubbles said:

I just read the statement.  Good grief, what do you agree with?  LOL!

"This law, like so many others being pursued by Republicans in statehouses across the country is a blatant attack on the Constitution and good conscience. Among the outrageous parts of this new state law, it ends voting hours early so working people can’t cast their vote after their shift is over..."

This is an absolutely false statement.  Georgia added voting days to their elections on the weekends.  The law actually gives working individuals MORE opportunities to cast their vote.  The old law said voting was to occur during "normal business hours" and one Saturday.  The new law provides that voting will begin at 9am and end at 5pm but allows for the polls to open and close 2 hours early/late so the effect is the polls will be open from 7am to 7pm.  It also expands weekend voting to two Saturdays and two Sundays.  So a worker can either vote on the weekends, vote before work or vote after work.  Wouldn't the simple solution be to make the election a Federal Holiday so people aren't at work that day?

"It adds rigid restrictions on casting absentee ballots that will effectively deny the right to vote to countless voters..."

He is vague with the "rigid restrictions" to absentee voting.  This is taken verbatim from the Georgia Voter Registration Form:  "VOTER IDENTIFICATION NUMBER. Federal law requires you to provide your full GA Drivers License number or GA State issued ID number. If you do not have a GA Drivers License or GA ID you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number. Providing your full Social Security number is optional. Your Social Security number will be kept confidential and may be used for comparison with other state agency databases for voter registration identification purposes. If you do not possess a GA Drivers License or Social Security number please check the appropriate box and a unique identifier will be provided for you."  So there are no additional ID requirements to cast an absentee ballot.  You simply need what you used when you registered.  It also guarantees that ballot boxes be mandated by population and place at secure locations.  They shortened the absentee voting period from 49 days to 29 days.  Is that burdensome to someone?  Is 29 days not enough?  I could see an argument for limited ballot boxes, we won't know that effect until it's put into practice.  

"And it makes it a crime to provide water to voters while they wait in line – lines Republican officials themselves have created by reducing the number of polling sites across the state, disproportionately in Black neighborhoods."

This is misleading and show a blatant disregard for the actual law.  The new law prevents people from providing food and water to people within 150 feet of the polls.  This is directly aimed at preventing partisan workers from providing benefits to voters for votes.  It instead requires poll workers to now be the ones to provide food and water to people waiting in line or people to bring their own food and water.  Total non-issue.

Is that the statement you were referring to?  

Thanks.  Basically it allows no fault absentee voting by mail and somehow this policy is restrictive.  I think a lot of folks should go review their own states' laws before they worry about GA.  The 150 feet of the polling place, that's 50 yards.  Our line to vote in November was greater than the width of 3 soccer fields, plus it bent around the side of the last one.  It's not like 150 feet is some huge perimeter.  If you're within 150 feet of the polling place, your wait isn't going to be very much longer.  I'm just glad the campaign folks can't talk my ear off while we wait in line here.

Edited by Shula-holic
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

No. I’m aware he got that specific part wrong. No I’m talking about the overall tenor of his comments, in which he compared it to Jim Crow. That, I believe, was an apt comparison. 

Mitch Albon just ripped Biden about those comments on his radio show and Mitch is as left as they come. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Yes. The first part he got wrong. The rest is pretty accurate. 
 

I don’t need to go down this road again though. What makes the law reminiscent of Jim Crow, and racist, is that it attempts to restrict every aspect of increased black voting. What the GOP did was carefully examine where black voting has increased due to Stacy Abram’s efforts, and passed restrictions deliberately designed to slow those increases down. That’s why it’s correct to boycott the state. 

Now you're just blatantly lying.  Here is what I don't understand about you and the rest of your lefty crowd:  The article has been shown false.  YOU yourself even said it was wrong.  Yet you still believe other parts of the article.  That's absurd.  If one part of the article is wrong then how can you possibly believe the rest?

You guys did the same thing with Trump and the pee tapes, russian hookers, etc...   Just cherry pick the parts that fit the narrative despite major portions of the dossier being false.

 

Edited by BladeRunner
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

Hopefully none of it. But all of it is designed to. For instance, because blacks typically have to wait in much longer lines, restricting them access to food and water is deliberately designed to make the waiting more unbearable. 

I just don’t understand this

 People are allowed to have food and drink when waiting in line correct?

Nothing is stopping them from bringing a drink and/or food, right?

Why must anyone be provided free food or drink while waiting to vote? 
 

Im not trying to be a smartasss, but I just can’t wrap my head around why people can’t eat before or after voting, and take a drink with them when they go to vote.
 

Seriously....wth am I missing? Why must anyone be provided a drink/food while waiting to vote?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I just don’t understand this

 People are allowed to have food and drink when waiting in line correct?

Nothing is stopping them from bringing a drink and/or food, right?

Why must anyone be provided free food or drink while waiting to vote? 
 

Im not trying to be a smartasss, but I just can’t wrap my head around why people can’t eat before or after voting, and take a drink with them when they go to vote.
 

Seriously....wth am I missing? Why must anyone be provided a drink/food while waiting to vote?

This whole thing is absurd.  I can't even believe this is a thing.  I mean, the BS fake outrage is really, really tiresome.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Seriously....wth am I missing? Why must anyone be provided a drink/food while waiting to vote?

Your post is valid.  But no one is saying they MUST be provided water or food.  That's not a law.  Water was not required to be provided.

So I ask why MUST they NOT be since that's what is now law?  Why go out of the way to make this a law and why do mostly those that are on the GOP side of the equation support this?  I thought the right stood for smaller government and personal freedoms?  I would think this would piss off conservatives more than anyone......

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Now you're just blatantly lying.  Here is what I don't understand about you and the rest of your lefty crowd:  The article has been shown false.  YOU yourself even said it was wrong.  Yet you still believe other parts of the article.  That's absurd.  If one part of the article is wrong then how can you possibly believe the rest?

You guys did the same thing with Trump and the pee tapes, russian hookers, etc...   Just cherry pick the parts that fit the narrative despite major portions of the dossier being false.

 

I’ve asked you to stop several times now with the “you’re blatantly lying” and also with the references to “you guys”- if you’re going to refer to something I wrote, do that, but stop grouping me in with other people. 
 

If you can’t refrain yourself from this stuff then I’m going to stop responding to you. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We established pretty conclusively in the other thread that there's nothing Jim Crow like about the Georgia law.  People are reacting irrationally to a reduction in drop boxes that aren't even required for mail in ballots in the first place.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I’ve asked you to stop several times now with the “you’re blatantly lying” and also with the references to “you guys”- if you’re going to refer to something I wrote, do that, but stop grouping me in with other people. 
 

If you can’t refrain yourself from this stuff then I’m going to stop responding to you. 

Ugh...okay, fine.  You're WAAAAAAYYYY overreacting to this then - and that's putting it mildly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

We established pretty conclusively in the other thread that there's nothing Jim Crow like about the Georgia law.  People are reacting irrationally to a reduction in drop boxes that aren't even required for mail in ballots in the first place.  

Yes, you did.  :thumbup:

I mean, it was as conclusive as you could get which is why I'm still baffled why anyone would still do the "OMG!!! JIM CROWE!!" :bs:.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Snotbubbles said:

This is directly aimed at preventing partisan workers from providing benefits to voters for votes. 

That was already illegal under existing Georgia electioneering laws.

Quote

It instead requires poll workers to now be the ones to provide food and water to people waiting in line or people to bring their own food and water.  

The law doesn't "require" anything of poll workers in regards to food and drink.  It doesn't let them around the prohibition on handing it out either.  It defines quite specifically what poll workers can distribute;

"materials, as required by law, which are necessary for the purpose of instructing electors or from distributing materials prepared by the Secretary of State which are designed solely for the purpose of encouraging voter participation in the election being conducted." 

It does allow to be made "available", but not mandate, "unattended" "self-service" water stations, which may, or may not, be present at any given polling site.  

Edited by parrot
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

“We established pretty conclusively this thing that we already agreed with.”

”If you established it so conclusively then why are so many people still disagreeing with you?”

”Because they’re irrational.”

People read what they want to read.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Politico opinion piece

Argues that instead of pulling All-Star weekend out of Georgia, MLB should have kept it in Georgia and made the whole thing about voting and helping people to know the voting rules, etc. This does seem like it would have been a better idea.

MLB could have played a big part in this, used some of the Braves players past and present to help.  They could have used the Georgia Dome or the Basketball arena with the state to coordinate signups, even continue with vaccinations.  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

55 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Politico opinion piece

Argues that instead of pulling All-Star weekend out of Georgia, MLB should have kept it in Georgia and made the whole thing about voting and helping people to know the voting rules, etc. This does seem like it would have been a better idea.

It would have been a better idea had they truly cared about the issue.  They would much rather win the press,  They're gonna need it and they have a good bit of tailwinds behind them now of goodwill from the media and online pundits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

To save face and have any kind of respect Manfred really has to give up his Augusta National membership and be vocal about it.  For some reason I don`t think he thought about that part.   But I will have more respect for him if he does.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Politico opinion piece

Argues that instead of pulling All-Star weekend out of Georgia, MLB should have kept it in Georgia and made the whole thing about voting and helping people to know the voting rules, etc. This does seem like it would have been a better idea.

Except for one minor detail LOL. Can you guess what that might be?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

To save face and have any kind of respect Manfred really has to give up his Augusta National membership and be vocal about it.  For some reason I don`t think he thought about that part.   But I will have more respect for him if he does.

He's going to have to.  I don't know that he will find the citizens of Georgia to be very hospitable to him should he choose to visit anyway at this point.  Granted, he would be pretty insulated there and likely with security.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

 For some reason I don`t think he thought about that part.  

I don't think anyone thought this through. Dishonest politicians from Stacey Abrams to Joe Biden are so used to lying and having the media and Big Tech cover them and now some of the virtue signaling companies are jumping in. But where are they going to move the ASG to? Who has the pure voting laws? 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

I don't think anyone thought this through. Dishonest politicians from Stacey Abrams to Joe Biden are so used to lying and having the media and Big Tech cover them and now some of the virtue signaling companies are jumping in. But where are they going to move the ASG to? Who has the pure voting laws? 

Colorado Rockies.  That will show all those white guys and their voting laws. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Ramblin Wreck said:

Colorado Rockies.  That will show all those white guys and their voting laws. 

All I know is it can't be Michigan, New York or Toronto. Probably a lot of places are disqualified - maybe Florida too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, NorvilleBarnes said:

All I know is it can't be Michigan, New York or Toronto. Probably a lot of places are disqualified - maybe Florida too.

They just announced Colorado.  It's like 80% white.   Amazing how awful Manfred has been this week

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Ramblin Wreck said:

They just announced Colorado.  It's like 80% white.   Amazing how awful Manfred has been this week

San Diego is out. Chicagoi would be hilarious. AZ has to be out too. No idea where they can host this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, timschochet said:

No. I’m aware he got that specific part wrong. No I’m talking about the overall tenor of his comments, in which he compared it to Jim Crow. That, I believe, was an apt comparison. 

 

Direct Headline: Examples of Jim Crow Laws - Oct. 1960 - Civil Rights

From the 1880s into the 1960s, a majority of American states enforced segregation through "Jim Crow" laws (so called after a black character in minstrel shows). From Delaware to California, and from North Dakota to Texas, many states (and cities, too) could impose legal punishments on people for consorting with members of another race. The most common types of laws forbade intermarriage and ordered business owners and public institutions to keep their black and white clientele separated. Here is a sampling of laws from various states.

https://www.ferris.edu/HTMLS/news/jimcrow/links/misclink/examples.htm

 

******

Let's go down this list, state by state. Exhaustively.

The first issue I'd like to go over are "real estate covenants" where minorities, esp black Americans, were not allowed to buy property in certain areas/neighborhoods and often times this could be stated openly on a contractual basis.

Would you like to compare not allowing a DNC operative giving someone food and water labeled "Vote Kamala Harris" just outside of voting booths to restricting where Americans can actually live?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Your post is valid.  But no one is saying they MUST be provided water or food.  That's not a law.  Water was not required to be provided.

So I ask why MUST they NOT be since that's what is now law?  Why go out of the way to make this a law and why do mostly those that are on the GOP side of the equation support this?  I thought the right stood for smaller government and personal freedoms?  I would think this would piss off conservatives more than anyone......

This isn't about big or small government. This is about the appearance of buying votes. If representatives are walking up and down the line handing out food or drink with their name on the bottle saying "here you go buddy, remember vote for me when you get in there" how does that not become a questionable thing?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Insein said:

This isn't about big or small government. This is about the appearance of buying votes. If representatives are walking up and down the line handing out food or drink with their name on the bottle saying "here you go buddy, remember vote for me when you get in there" how does that not become a questionable thing?

Does anybody really buy the narrative that someone is going to go to the polls wait for hours to vote then change their mind when someone give them a bottle of water?  If that happens 1 out of a million I’d be shocked.  

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm going to laugh as more and more conservative states follow Georgia's lead and implement similar laws while the DNC lose their collective minds.

Aside from partisanship,  I'm happy for it. These laws make a lot of sense,  especially when it comes to voter integrity. I'm happy to see a state at least trying to take this issue seriously while still easing some of the restrictions that make it difficult for the working class to vote.

Kudos to Georgia for making sensible, fair changes and huge kudos for standing their ground.

Edited by Hoodoo
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Does anybody really buy the narrative that someone is going to go to the polls wait for hours to vote then change their mind when someone give then a bottle of water?  If that happens 1 out of a million I’d be shocked.  

If Trump did it, could you take that chance?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Does anybody really buy the narrative that someone is going to go to the polls wait for hours to vote then change their mind when someone give then a bottle of water?  If that happens 1 out of a million I’d be shocked.  

I think you underestimate the number of people who go to the polls without a clue and are easily influenced. We should encourage people doing their homework and not being easily influenced by some partisan schlep offering a cookie and a water just before pulling the lever. If I had my way,  none of those hacks would be allowed within a mile of the polling place. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Insein said:

If Trump did it, could you take that chance?

Of course. 

It’s pure fear mongering to push through a law they think will help them at the polls. 

Edited by dkp993
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
  • Create New...