Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

MLB moves All-Star game in response to GA voter laws


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Ahhhhh, so cancel culture is cool now?

I’ll be completely honest, I’ve read so much contradicting information on these laws I don’t even know what to believe. Just an absolute disgrace that both parties feel the need to lie and mislead so much that it’s legitimately very hard to know what is true nowadays.

Cmon man with the cancel culture argument you are better than that.  And btw, MLB literally canceled the All Star game in Georgia.

On you last point, yes agree completely.  Every thing is literally OK or Jim Crow, no in between...and both sides will sling #### along the way.  But to be clear, there is only one side likening requiring voter ID to Jim Crow.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Poor Delta.  They don't know what they're in for.  Wait till the big guns get going, and this boycott gets some traction.  

Delta gonna be down the church on Thursday nights, attending a support group for business ruined by the power of the Conservative Boycott.

"Oh, hello, Delta.  Yes, we were expecting you. Sorry about your company.  Say hi to the other victims.  That's the NFL over there, remember them? And this poor fella here, this is Jeff Bezos, he had a book company, I think.  That's Nike right there, sitting with his friend Starbucks.  This is a safe place........."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Same, although I don't really have a dog in the fight as far as Georgia goes. This makes me slightly more interested.

Does anyone have a neutral or unbiased summary the new voting laws?

Good luck finding that, not easy.  I posted this above, about the closest I could get   https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/795818-mlb-moves-all-star-game-in-response-to-ga-voter-laws/?do=findComment&comment=23332500

  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

That's fine, Tim.  I'm not expecting you to care.  Did you think that was going to bother me?  That you don't care?

You can hate your skin color and virtue signal all you want.  It's all the rage nowadays.

Hate my skin color? You really want to go there? That’s pretty sad. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Don't know where you got "cancel culture" from my post.  :shrug:

What I'm doing and what "cancel culture" does are two separate things.  Not even related.

You’re boycotting the MLB in hopes that they go broke. How is that not cancel culture?

  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Wow. What a disgrace.  No MLB for me from now on.

Get woke - go broke.

Don’t worry i’ll place spoiler and let you know the Padres are going to win at all anyway.  😉

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bucsfan5493 said:

You’re boycotting the MLB in hopes that they go broke. How is that not cancel culture?

because I'm an individual doing what I see fit.  I'm not a mob constantly attacking.

You really don't know the difference between someone deciding not to watch a program and "cancel culture"?  You need to read up on this stuff a bit more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, djmich said:

Seems like you might be confusing “big deal” and illegal.

Something can be legal and still be a big deal?  

I never said illegal. I really don't think it is a big deal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Hate my skin color? You really want to go there? That’s pretty sad. 

It is what it is, Tim. :shrug:

I can't convince you guys to stand up for yourself.  You have to do that on your own.  Just remember that because of your skin color you are still the enemy regardless of how much virtue signaling you do.  That's how this plays out.  See S.Africa as test case #1.

Right now, and I say this as respectfully as I can, you - and people like you - are nothing more than a useful idiots.  A means to an end.  And end that DOES NOT include you.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, djmich said:

Good luck finding that, not easy.  I posted this above, about the closest I could get   https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/795818-mlb-moves-all-star-game-in-response-to-ga-voter-laws/?do=findComment&comment=23332500

####, sorry Norville, wrong post....meant this one    https://forums.footballguys.com/topic/795818-mlb-moves-all-star-game-in-response-to-ga-voter-laws/?do=findComment&comment=23332493

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BladeRunner said:

It is what it is, Tim. :shrug:

I can't convince you guys to stand up for yourself.  You have to do that on your own.  Just remember that because of your skin color you are still the enemy regardless of how much virtue signaling you do.  That's how this plays out.  See S.Africa as test case #1.

You’re not a victim. You never will be. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

You’re boycotting the MLB in hopes that they go broke. How is that not cancel culture?

I'd say one canceled an event, and he's just choosing not to support them further.  I think the left has defeated conservatives in this type thing in recent years for sure.  While conservatives tend to support their teams and not mix politics and sports, the left has brought itself into sports.  Conservatives have to decide if they want to continue turning the other cheek, in which case this is the new status quo, or to try and do something similar.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, djmich said:

Cmon man with the cancel culture argument you are better than that.  And btw, MLB literally canceled the All Star game in Georgia.

On you last point, yes agree completely.  Every thing is literally OK or Jim Crow, no in between...and both sides will sling #### along the way.  But to be clear, there is only one side likening requiring voter ID to Jim Crow.

I genuinely don’t understand how this wouldn’t qualify as cancel culture, especially given some of the stories I’ve seen posted in the cancel culture thread. He’s boycotting a company in hopes that they go bankrupt which essentially means he wants them cancelled. Totally agree that the MLB moving the game is an example of cancel culture as well.

Agreed on your last points. I already said in another thread that comparing this to the Jim Crow laws is a massive slap in the face for what black people actually experienced during those times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

That’s because there’s only one side trying to use voter ID as a pretense to prevent black people from voting. 

That's because there's only one side that has such low expectations for black people that they are certain they cannot obtain any of the following:

Under the new Georgia law, voters who do not have a state-issued ID card can also provide a copy of a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or other government document that shows their name and address.

 

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, I get it.  I'm just one guy so you're all smug.  That's fine. 

If we’re comparing smugness, I’m not the one that said “get work, go broke.”

 

Its such a childish thing to say.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shula-holic said:

Conservatives have to decide if they want to continue turning the other cheek, in which case this is the new status quo, or to try and do something similar.

It won’t work. 
Conservatives are great people and do a ton of things very well: they’re far more organized, for instance, than liberals ever will be. They’re more practical on many issues. But one thing they DON’T do well is boycotting. That’s a liberal art. So is comedy; conservatives suck at that too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, djmich said:

That's because there's only one side that has such low expectations for black people that they are certain they cannot obtain any of the following:

Under the new Georgia law, voters who do not have a state-issued ID card can also provide a copy of a utility bill, bank statement, paycheck, or other government document that shows their name and address.

 

 

They will never get vaccinated then. 

Wonder if MLB will jump on this vaccination passport idea. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Lololol

Best post of the thread 

It’s so ridiculous how bad we have been for so long. They have tried different GMs, different scouts, new ownership. It’s crazy to me.

I get really good seats from work and still won’t go more than a couple times a year.

Longest playoff drought of any team in the major sports. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bigmarc27 said:

If we’re comparing smugness, I’m not the one that said “get work, go broke.”  Its such a childish thing to say.

Childish like this:

4 minutes ago, bigmarc27 said:

No, don’t, stop. Come back. 😐

Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.  I know that opposing views must set you off, but try to be better. :thumbup:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, The General said:

It’s so ridiculous how bad we have been for so long. They have tried different GMs, different scouts, new ownership. It’s crazy to me.

I get really good seats from work and still won’t go more than a couple times a year.

Longest playoff drought of any team in the major sports. 

 

I don’t know why you grabbed the Angels former GM. I could have told you that was a mistake. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bigmarc27 said:

For a group that fights so incredibly hard for private entities to provide or withhold services for any reason, there’s a lot of ruffled feathers about moving a game. 

And yet another post that confirms you either don't understand or are being a blatant liar. 

Try putting on your thinking cap and not the knee-jerk one.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Bucsfan5493 said:

I genuinely don’t understand how this wouldn’t qualify as cancel culture, especially given some of the stories I’ve seen posted in the cancel culture thread. He’s boycotting a company in hopes that they go bankrupt which essentially means he wants them cancelled. Totally agree that the MLB moving the game is an example of cancel culture as well.

Agreed on your last points. I already said in another thread that comparing this to the Jim Crow laws is a massive slap in the face for what black people actually experienced during those times.

I mean we can call anything cancel culture because basically there is no definition and you can make it whatever you want.

I don't like tortillas so I'm not eating what my wife cooked tonight....did I cancel her or her dinner or tortillas?

I personally don't consider individuals decisions to not purchase from retailers or companies cancel culture.  I don't consider people not eating at Chick Fil A cancel culture.  I consider a mob of twitter losers attacking someone because they eat at Chick Fil A cancel culture.

I'd consider a sports league penalizing a state for supporting voter ID stupid and probably a much closer example of cancel culture than an individuals decision.  But like I said, everyone just makes up their own #### when it comes to the definition so you can make yours up too 😀  

  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

because I'm an individual doing what I see fit.  I'm not a mob constantly attacking.

You really don't know the difference between someone deciding not to watch a program and "cancel culture"?  You need to read up on this stuff a bit more.

I’m not sure what the official definition of cancel culture is so maybe I’m wrong here.

I view it similar to the word ‘racism’ now. The term is used so often and abused that it’s hard to know what the actual meaning is now. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm confused. Shouldn't private business be able to operate as they see fit?   You're allowed to not support them or you can.   That's basically American Capitalism

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, timschochet said:

It won’t work. 
Conservatives are great people and do a ton of things very well: they’re far more organized, for instance, than liberals ever will be. They’re more practical on many issues. But one thing they DON’T do well is boycotting. That’s a liberal art. So is comedy; conservatives suck at that too. 

You're probably right.  It's outside of my nature to boycott things because I feel like my personal views are just that.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

I’m not sure what the official definition of cancel culture is so maybe I’m wrong here.

I view it similar to the word ‘racism’ now. The term is used so often and abused that it’s hard to know what the actual meaning is now. 

This is true.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, djmich said:

I mean we can call anything cancel culture because basically there is no definition and you can make it whatever you want.

I don't like tortillas so I'm not eating what my wife cooked tonight....did I cancel her or her dinner or tortillas?

I personally don't consider individuals decisions to not purchase from retailers or companies cancel culture.  I don't consider people not eating at Chick Fil A cancel culture.  I consider a mob of twitter losers attacking someone because they eat at Chick Fil A cancel culture.

I'd consider a sports league penalizing a state for supporting voter ID stupid and probably a much closer example of cancel culture than an individuals decision.  But like I said, everyone just makes up their own #### when it comes to the definition so you can make yours up too 😀  

"Cancel Culture" not only involves a mob, it also involves companies kowtowing to them and their demands.

I'm not asking the MLB to do anything of the sort NOR am I part of a "mob".  Hell, I'm not even on social media.  Anywhere.   This forum is as "social media" as I get.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Shula-holic said:

You're probably right.  It's outside of my nature to boycott things because I feel like my personal views are just that.

I've participated in zero boycotts.  Outside of you know actual genocide or sex trafficking, if you put out something is a good product I'll use it.  I don't give a #### about the political leanings

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Obtuse lol

Is it correct that people that aren’t part of anyone’s campaign are allowed to hand out bottles of water just not within 150 feet of the poll door?

No.  They can’t be within 25 feet of anyone in line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, timschochet said:

Dude

haha, no I love tortillas.

BTW, if you're an Angels fan you'll appreciate this....as a fan myself this is my perfect excuse to not watch that organization waste Mike Trout's talent any longer.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, belljr said:

I've participated in zero boycotts.  Outside of you know actual genocide or sex trafficking, if you put out something is a good product I'll use it.  I don't give a #### about the political leanings

I boycotted the Rams because of Georgia Frontiere 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, The General said:

The All-Star game is welcome in Seattle so we get a chance to see major leaguers:

Mariners have a couple.  They may even go over their projected 72 wins.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, massraider said:

Fantastic explanations.

Would you feel better about it if the state of Georgia was baking a cake for a gay wedding?

What kind of cake?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, djmich said:

haha, no I love tortillas.

BTW, if you're an Angels fan you'll appreciate this....as a fan myself this is my perfect excuse to not watch that organization waste Mike Trout's talent any longer.

This might be the year though. Pitching still sucks but Ohtani is healthy and their division sucks. You might be seeing Trout in October when games matter. Maybe. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I don’t know why you grabbed the Angels former GM. I could have told you that was a mistake. 

Bill Bavasi, right? Yeah that guy was a major turd.

We also signed your Chone Figgins who always killed us then he gets here and stinks :lol:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

 Just remember that because of your skin color you are still the enemy regardless of how much virtue signaling you do.  That's how this plays out.  See S.Africa as test case #1.

What is the lesson we’re supposed to take from South Africa?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, The General said:

The All-Star game is welcome in Seattle so we get a chance to see major leaguers:

The best minor league pitcher I ever saw was a Seattle prospect named Roger Salkeld.  Bone spurs and shoulder surgery took the zip off his pitches.  He eventually recovered enough to pitch some between AAA and the majors but this guy had the talent to be the next Seaver.  To see him before and after was sad for what could have been.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...