What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB moves All-Star game in response to GA voter laws (3 Viewers)

Mariners have a couple.  They may even go over their projected 72 wins.
I say this every year...but it does seem like we have the early forming of a decent offense.

Pitching though is still atrocious. I mean Marco Gonzales is a nice guy, he’d be a great number 3 or 4. He’s our “ace”  :lmao:

Best thing I have seen in Safeco in 15 years, excuse me T-Mobile, was Pearl Jam......then that Winterfest thing they had a couple years ago.

The best minor league pitcher I ever saw was a Seattle prospect named Roger Salkeld.  Bone spurs and shoulder surgery took the zip off his pitches.  He eventually recovered enough to pitch some between AAA and the majors but this guy had the talent to be the next Seaver.  To see him before and after was sad for what could have been.
Before my time here but M’s have had so many that should have been “the guy”. We are cursed.

More recent one that comes to mind is Ryan Anderson who threw cheese. Nasty, nasty stuff. Was tall and rangy, like Randy Johnson who was killing it for us. 

Some local reporter wrecked that guys career I am convinced when they nicknamed poor Mr. Anderson... “The Little Unit”.

Before my time here but M’s have had so many that should have been “the guy”. We are cursed.

More recent one that comes to mind is Ryan Anderson who threw cheese. Nasty, nasty stuff. Was tall and rangy, like Randy Johnson who was killing it for us. 

Some local reporter wrecked that guys career I am convinced when they nicknamed poor Mr. Anderson... “The Little Unit”.
I remember him well, Ryan Anderson is actually a chef now.  Went to culinary school after baseball.  

I'm confused. Shouldn't private business be able to operate as they see fit?   You're allowed to not support them or you can.   That's basically American Capitalism
Yes. And consumers complaining or staying home or not watching because they dont like wokeness mixed in with their sports is part of that. NFL ratings down to lowest in the decade last year after going woke despite everyone stuck at home with nothing better to do than watch.  

I remember him well, Ryan Anderson is actually a chef now.  Went to culinary school after baseball.  
That’s right! I looked him up on wiki to remember his name and just read that. Hopefully he doesn’t have to follow some amazing chef and get his career wrecked by expectations :lol:

That’s right! I looked him up on wiki to remember his name and just read that. Hopefully he doesn’t have to follow some amazing chef and get his career wrecked by expectations :lol:
He's a very private individual.  Right as his baseball career was ending I was working with some folks who had a marketing opportunity related to baseball with him and I think he was just burned out.  He did respond to them and made it work but if I'm recalling correctly it had to go through his parents and he just kind of wanted to get it over and done with.  Just a little bizarre but I think he really got burned by all the press he got early, and those comparisons you mentioned.  It was never fair to expect him to be Randy Johnson and some people just aren't wired for that.

It is what it is, Tim. :shrug:

I can't convince you guys to stand up for yourself.  You have to do that on your own.  Just remember that because of your skin color you are still the enemy regardless of how much virtue signaling you do.  That's how this plays out.  See S.Africa as test case #1.

Right now, and I say this as respectfully as I can, you - and people like you - are nothing more than a useful idiots.  A means to an end.  And end that DOES NOT include you.
Wow, just wow.  Stand up for our selves  because MLB made a business decision they felt was in their best interest? I’m the enemy because of my skin color?  Dude. I don’t always agree with your takes but I enjoy your perspective around here, this one is just brutal. Not sure if you’re havin a day or Tim just pressed your buttons but this is a rough take. 

Wow, just wow.  Stand up for our selves  because MLB made a business decision they felt was in their best interest? I’m the enemy because of my skin color?  Dude. I don’t always agree with your takes but I enjoy your perspective around here, this one is just brutal. Not sure if you’re havin a day or Tim just pressed your buttons but this is a rough take. 
I started to go outside just MLB.  The point is, all you white people who think playing the race game is a good idea - it's not.  The race game is about power, payback and revenge.  Ultimately when the race-hustlers get what they want, those same white people won't be useful anymore as they won't be needed.  Then you get thrown into the pot with all the other "bad guys".

Again, see South Africa to see how "equality" has played out.  I'm not saying it's not a noble goal, but it's being weaponized for less than noble goals.

Last edited by a moderator:
I started to go outside just MLB.  The point is, all you white people who think playing the race game is a good idea - it's not.  The race game is about power, payback and revenge.  Ultimately when the race-hustlers get what they want, those same white people won't be useful anymore as they won't be needed.

Again, see South Africa to see how "equality" has played out.  I'm not saying it's not a noble goal, but it's being weaponized for less than noble goals.
So your argument is that people shouldn’t fight for equality of all races, because those being treated unfairly will eventually take their revenge on everyone?

I started to go outside just MLB.  The point is, all you white guys who think playing the race game is a good idea - it's not.  The race game is about power, payback and revenge.  Ultimately when the race-hustlers get what they want, those same people won't be useful anymore as they won't be needed.
Please show me where I play the “race game” since you felt the need to lump me in with “all you white guys”.  I think you’re painting with some awfully broad brushes there.  Again to the point of my original reply to you, feel like you’re running hot right now and might want to consider taking a break.  

So you’re argument is that people shouldn’t fight for equality of all races, because those being treated unfairly will eventually take their revenge on everyone?
I'm saying blindly bending the knee to the race hustlers is going to buy you only so much time.  Eventually you're going to part of the "white problem" too.

We're seeing more and more race division which is far from wanting "equality".  The real motives are starting to slowly show every now and then.

Please show me where I play the “race game” since you felt the need to lump me in with “all you white guys”.  I think you’re painting with some awfully broad brushes there.  Again to the point of my original reply to you, feel like you’re running hot right now and might want to consider taking a break.  
Thanks for your thoughts.  Not running hot but just trying to get people to try and open their eyes to see what's really going on here.

I'm saying blindly bending the knee to the race hustlers is going to buy you only so much time.  Eventually you're going to part of the "white problem" too.

We're seeing more and more race division which is far from wanting "equality".  The real motives are starting to slowly show every now and then.
I find it ironic how you apparently completely missed the themes in Blade Runner regarding humanity and compassion. 

I find it ironic how you apparently completely missed the themes in Blade Runner regarding humanity and compassion. 
And I find it weird that you totally evade every discussion with snark and lies.  Either participate or go find someone else to troll.  :shrug:

And I find it weird that you totally evade every discussion with snark and lies.  Either participate or go find someone else to troll.  :shrug:
I can only participate so far.  I can’t seriously interact with someone who believes this: 

“The point is, all you white people who think playing the race game is a good idea - it's not.  The race game is about power, payback and revenge.”

That is unhinged, there is no discussion and no common ground to be found with you having that mindset.

Thanks for your thoughts.  Not running hot but just trying to get people to try and open their eyes to see what's really going on here.
Imo race issues are far more nuanced than you’re making them out to be, but I digress and will bow out. Really don’t have the energy for a deep discussion on race tonight. 

I can only participate so far.  I can’t seriously interact with someone who believes this: 

“The point is, all you white people who think playing the race game is a good idea - it's not.  The race game is about power, payback and revenge.”

That is unhinged, there is no discussion and no common ground to be found with you having that mindset.
Yeah, okay.  I'm the unhinged one. :rolleyes:

You're the one who has been disingenuous in your discussions this entire time.  You don't want conversation, you just want your snark and condescension.  People who don't think like you are bad, we get it.  It's the same old and tired SOP that's been practiced by the left since day 1.

Go bake a cake.  

You're the one who has been disingenuous in your discussions this entire time.  You don't want conversation, you just want your snark and condescension.  People who don't think like you are bad, we get it.  It's the same old and tired SOP that's been practiced by the left since day 1.

Go bake a cake.  
No snark here, you need help. That line of thinking is not healthy. Believing that people who just want equal rights for all humans are in it for “power, payback and revenge” is insane. 

No snark here, you need help. That line of thinking is not healthy. Believing that people who just want equal rights for all humans are in it for “power, payback and revenge” is insane. 
Blindly bending the knee to the race hustlers for some imaginary points is what's insane.  :shrug:

Go bake a cake.  
You do exactly what you claim others do - here and in other topics.

but right now you got a moment here to make a point - and it’s not going to happen in three sentence posts

So type something thoughtful that might bring somebody else pause to think on a topic

and be prepared to be challenged

honestly I hope you take the challenge cause so far you have done yourself more harm than good 

You do exactly what you claim others do - here and in other topics.

but right now you got a moment here to make a point - and it’s not going to happen in three sentence posts

So type something thoughtful that might bring somebody else pause to think on a topic

and be prepared to be challenged

honestly I hope you take the challenge cause so far you have done yourself more harm than good 
Because YOU said so?  :lol:

I've said what I said in multiple posts.  In fact, I've challenged YOU all and instead of "typing something thoughtful that might bring somebody else pause to think on a topic", you and your ilk have responded with attacks, insults, snark and condescension. 

You should practice what you preach but ultimately you don't want conversation, you want obedience.

He's a very private individual.  Right as his baseball career was ending I was working with some folks who had a marketing opportunity related to baseball with him and I think he was just burned out.  He did respond to them and made it work but if I'm recalling correctly it had to go through his parents and he just kind of wanted to get it over and done with.  Just a little bizarre but I think he really got burned by all the press he got early, and those comparisons you mentioned.  It was never fair to expect him to be Randy Johnson and some people just aren't wired for that.
I don’t think any dude appreciates being nicknamed “The Little Unit”.

What should white people in South Africa have done instead of ending apartheid?
That's not the point.  The point is that the people they oppressed are now in power and are slowly and surely doing the exact same thing to them.
It seemed to me that you were presenting South Africa as a cautionary tale.  Like, "hey white Americans, don't make the same mistakes that the white South Africans did!."  The reason I originally thought that was because you wrote this:

I can't convince you guys to stand up for yourself.  You have to do that on your own.  Just remember that because of your skin color you are still the enemy regardless of how much virtue signaling you do.  That's how this plays out.  See S.Africa as test case #1.
It seemed to me that what you were saying here was that us white Americans need to stand up for ourselves because white South Africans didn't stand up for themselves and look what happened to them. It also seemed like that was the purpose of the South Afric analogy here::

The point is, all you white people who think playing the race game is a good idea - it's not.  The race game is about power, payback and revenge.  Ultimately when the race-hustlers get what they want, those same white people won't be useful anymore as they won't be needed.  Then you get thrown into the pot with all the other "bad guys".

Again, this makes me think that if we play the race game with the race husters, then we'll end up like South African white people who played a similarly dangerous game.

If I missed the point of your South Africa example I'm sorry.

Because YOU said so?  :lol:

I've said what I said in multiple posts.  In fact, I've challenged YOU all and instead of "typing something thoughtful that might bring somebody else pause to think on a topic", you and your ilk have responded with attacks, insults, snark and condescension. 

You should practice what you preach but ultimately you don't want conversation, you want obedience.
In a poor attempt to make a point, you went down a questionable path you can’t defend.  And now you are seeking cover rather than offering clarity.

not a good look

Yeah, this isn’t about MLB doing the moral thing. They are doing what they believe will ultimately benefit their bottom line the most. They continue to invest in China more and more and more.

Whatever you think of this law in Georgia, I don’t think anyone really believes that Georgia’s government is worse than China’s. 
This was my belief as well.  MLB has always been about MLB.  The MLBPA has always been about the MLBPA.  They don't really care if a genocide happens, they just want the revenues to grow or the free agent contracts to get bigger.  They always have been that way, they aren't some morality organization.  That doesn't make them wrong or evil, but it's just reality.  People are going to want to assign some moral compass to this and that gives them what they want.  If you ask the question of "How does an action MLB takes potentially benefit their bottom line?", you'll generally find an answer.  These guys don't care at all about Georgia, it's about money or PR, or how PR saves them money. 

We would also be wise to remember, MLB is more at odds with the Braves than any other organization so when the MLBPA floated the first statement out there it was pretty easy to follow.  It hasn't been five years since the Braves were stripped of prospects, an executive banned for life, their whole front office was forced out, over violating MLB policies in signing players.  It's always been contentious ever since so if they stick it to the Braves and the league pockets more money by a revenue share with a new replacement city then it's the best of both worlds to MLB.  They make money, the Braves lose money.

:shrug:

Delta has other hubs.

I would guess other communities could swing a tax package to lure Delta HQ, and the jobs that come with that.

I don't think Delta makes that move, personally.  Ditto Coke.  But, its an option.
I have a little insider knowledge here - Coke could somewhat easily move their HQ if they chose to.  They won’t but they could.  Delta is a much harder proposition with Hartsfield still being such a major hub.

Cobb was blue the last two Presidential elections.  It’s nothing like Fulton however.
What you just said is factual.  I find all the celebrating and cheerleading people are doing to be a little odd if you are on the blue team, it's like celebrating a friendly fire strike.  The Braves have done a lot of work in and around Atlanta and through the years with Hank Aaron as well.  One example below.  I just find it peculiar.  But the headlines say otherwise so that's the way public opinion goes these days.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-baseball-mlb-aaron-fund/braves-launch-2m-hank-aaron-fund-to-promote-diversity-idUSKBN29W2AX

But hey, rather than throw our lot in with the Braves and what they've actually done, let's trust the words of that virtue of righteousness Rob Manfred! 😄

What you just said is factual.  I find all the celebrating and cheerleading people are doing to be a little odd if you are on the blue team, it's like celebrating a friendly fire strike.  The Braves have done a lot of work in and around Atlanta and through the years with Hank Aaron as well.  One example below.  I just find it peculiar.  But the headlines say otherwise so that's the way public opinion goes these days.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-baseball-mlb-aaron-fund/braves-launch-2m-hank-aaron-fund-to-promote-diversity-idUSKBN29W2AX

But hey, rather than throw our lot in with the Braves and what they've actually done, let's trust the words of that virtue of righteousness Rob Manfred! 😄
What do the Braves have to do with the ASG, though?  It’s an exhibition.

I’m just of the belief that sports and politics have always been intertwined starting, so this seems like a normal extension of that. 

NYC, California, and Seattle would also be met with some backlash.  Since there would be minimal fans, they should go to Cooperstown.  
I was thinking about something like this. Like the Iowa “Filed of Dreams” field. Didn’t think of Cooperstown. That would be cool.

What was the issue with California, NYC, or Seattle though?

Conservatives that have an issue with this  type of political statement and are the “I’m banning this sport type” are kind of running out of sports to follow. NBA gone, NFL nope, MLB nada. 

Users who are viewing this thread