What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Thread: Things you thought weren't racist, but are (1 Viewer)

The song Chatanooga Choo-Choo.  I'd sing it ocassionally...and the other day realized the singer probably wasnt asking a young man if it were the Chatanooga Choo-Choo. So now I just sing it "Pardon Me, Bruh".....adding more of a "Bro" vibe to it.  

The song Chatanooga Choo-Choo.  I'd sing it ocassionally...and the other day realized the singer probably wasnt asking a young man if it were the Chatanooga Choo-Choo. So now I just sing it "Pardon Me, Bruh".....adding more of a "Bro" vibe to it.  
When modern rap comes on, I just submit an elongated "duuuude" for racial epithet reclamation projects.

I never, ever thought of Chattanooga Choo-Choo that way, either. I always assumed she was talking to a young man, too. Oops.

And when the heck are you singing the Chattanooga Choo-Choo, anyway? What, do you have late 30s/early 40s swing on the dial or something?

Last edited by a moderator:
I don’t recall the name right now but I think it was over 20 years ago a reporter on one of Minnesota’s top radio stations (WCCO) the agriculture director/reporter used the term “Jewed” when talking about someone who did some shrewd  bargaining on a deal. He was fired. I had heard the term before but never associated the term as a racial slur about Jews.

I don’t recall the name right now but I think it was over 20 years ago a reporter on one of Minnesota’s top radio stations (WCCO) the agriculture director/reporter used the term “Jewed” when talking about someone who did some shrewd  bargaining on a deal. He was fired. I had heard the term before but never associated the term as a racial slur about Jews.
You need to be careful about saying something like  “I chewed the salesperson down” because it might be mistaken as jewed or possibly is a derivative of jewed

Fawlty Towers - The Germans is the funniest episode of a show ever.  I can feel my feet burning a bit already.

Silly thread
No, it may be the most profound thread on the insanity going on today in society.  Just cycle through the link above.  It's insane.  There are about 12 Catch-22s in there, even for decent people who treat people with respect and try to live their lives with respect.

The only subject more profound (that probably needs it's own thread) is how America decided to sacrifice it's children in order to curry favor to public service unions during the pandemic.  Instead of the vapid collection of subject in that link the true civil rights fight of our time should be school choice.  Children of color were permanently injured by the greed of unions combined with the compliance of conspiratorial elected Democrat officials.

Fawlty Towers - The Germans is the funniest episode of a show ever.  I can feel my feet burning a bit already.

No, it may be the most profound thread on the insanity going on today in society.  Just cycle through the link above.  It's insane.  There are about 12 Catch-22s in there, even for decent people who treat people with respect and try to live their lives with respect.

The only subject more profound (that probably needs it's own thread) is how America decided to sacrifice it's children in order to curry favor to public service unions during the pandemic.  Instead of the vapid collection of subject in that link the true civil rights fight of our time should be school choice.  Children of color were permanently injured by the greed of unions combined with the compliance of conspiratorial elected Democrat officials.
We live in a changing world. It’s almost always for the better. 

When modern rap comes on, I just submit an elongated "duuuude" for racial epithet reclamation projects.

I never, ever thought of Chattanooga Choo-Choo that way, either. I always assumed she was talking to a young man, too. Oops.

And when the heck are you singing the Chattanooga Choo-Choo, anyway? What, do you have late 30s/early 40s swing on the dial or something?
I get bad ear worms and was watching the movie Biloxi Blues a few weeks ago when the one guy in it was sleeping. 

timschochet said:
We live in a changing world. It’s almost always for the better. 
Pol Pot, Hitler, Stalin, Mao and "The Kims" all agree with you.

I’m betting they don’t since they’re all dead except for one, and his regime won’t last forever either. Because change. 
They do.  Trust me.  And they all thought it was for the better too.

Also, the Kims 70 years in brutal power kind of make your statement look silly.  I mean, I can make a blanket statement that "nothing lasts forever" too and would be right 100% of the time.

Huckabee's tweet was not racist.

This is also a perfect example of media bias. Look at us, we arent taking a position. We are just amplifying the position we support and pretending we are just reporting on it. 

Huckabee's tweet was not racist.

This is also a perfect example of media bias. Look at us, we arent taking a position. We are just amplifying the position we support and pretending we are just reporting on it. 
It wasn’t racist, but poorly worded.  I’m all for ####ting all over China, but the other examples like Rubios tweet were better written.

Self identify as Chinese (we have many Americans of Chinese descent) is different than hitting on China (the country).

I am fairly certain huckabee was using Chinese and China interchangeable but should have been said better imo 

It wasn’t racist, but poorly worded.  I’m all for ####ting all over China, but the other examples like Rubios tweet were better written.

Self identify as Chinese (we have many Americans of Chinese descent) is different than hitting on China (the country).

I don’t think huckabee necessarily intended it wrong but should have been said better imo 
His point was easy to see and anybody that understands what is going on with Coke and Delta knows exactly why he said this. That said even if you took it to mean chinese american instead of chinese it still is a harmless statement.

Even if you make the crazy leap that he is saying coke and delta like chinese americans more than other americans, it still isnt even a negative statement towards chinese americans.

That's why criticism of his statement using racism or bigotry in any way is purely manufactured baloney.   

I learned in the voter suppression thread that IDs are racist and a lot of African Americans don’t have them which as an assumption, seems pretty racist to me.

From now on every football team will be named "football team" and every school "school".  That way all racist connotations are eliminated. 
I can guarantee you a blue check mark would find offense in one of these names. 

Your house is racist.
LOL, the house to my right is owned by a black family who lived there before we moved in almost 20 years ago. The house two down from me is owned by a Mexican-American family. The house three down to the left is a mixed couple (black/white). In the 20 years we've lived here, our property values have steadily risen with few exceptions where all housing was affected. The house to the left of me was just purchased last year by a Puerto Rican family and sold at market value for sq footage.

Your house is racist.
This article is pretty dubious - their main example is a house that was bought in 2014 then sold for a 70% loss.  That's way, way beyond the typical anywhere in the US, even at the height of the 2008 housing crash.  Maybe in 2008 in suburban Vegas, but this kind of drop is very rare.  2014?  Something is off there.

This whole things seems to be a Catch-22.  Housing prices stay cheap in some neighborhoods and folks talk about not catching the trend in increasing home prices.  If house prices start to go up there is a lot of negative noise about gentrification of the neighborhood.  There has to be a choice made - either the neighborhood is cheap with low taxes or the prices rise with a proportional rise in taxes.  Right now we seem to get folks complaining about both.

This article is pretty dubious - their main example is a house that was bought in 2014 then sold for a 70% loss.  That's way, way beyond the typical anywhere in the US, even at the height of the 2008 housing crash.  Maybe in 2008 in suburban Vegas, but this kind of drop is very rare.  2014?  Something is off there.

This whole things seems to be a Catch-22.  Housing prices stay cheap in some neighborhoods and folks talk about not catching the trend in increasing home prices.  If house prices start to go up there is a lot of negative noise about gentrification of the neighborhood.  There has to be a choice made - either the neighborhood is cheap with low taxes or the prices rise with a proportional rise in taxes.  Right now we seem to get folks complaining about both.
The piece is trash. She uses her own 2009 paper in support that is totally outdated with the tax changes. She also is playing off the 144k as a loss. It was a short sale. The bank lost, not them. WTF should they be able to deduct money for? Feeling bad? So even if the story was true, which it probably isnt, its a dumb point anyway. 

The piece is trash. She uses her own 2009 paper in support that is totally outdated with the tax changes. She also is playing off the 144k as a loss. It was a short sale. The bank lost, not them. WTF should they be able to deduct money for? Feeling bad? So even if the story was true, which it probably isnt, its a dumb point anyway. 
A 70% loss in residential real estate is really, really rare, though.  Just on it's face I'm left thinking of what was wrong with the property - was it on a sinkhole?  Filled with black mold?  Demolished to the studs and sold as is?

Something is just off with that depreciation.  Even though 2014 was a soft spot for housing prices from 2004-2014 the average was a 15% drop.

Users who are viewing this thread