What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pitch Black "Dining in the Dark" -- Yay or Nay? (1 Viewer)

Would you be interested?

• Definitely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Most likely

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Probably not

Votes: 18 31.0%
  • No chance

Votes: 31 53.4%

• Total voters

gianmarco

Footballguy
Just came across an interesting dining experience.  It's called Pitch Black -- Dining in the Dark.

You show up, turn in phones and watches, then blindfolded while you are served a full meal.  

Seems interesting. Would you try it? Think you'd enjoy it?

Preview

To me, if it’s fine dining, there’s a lot to be said for presentation as part of the experience. I’m slightly intrigued but kind of a random novelty thing. 

This was a thing in nyc like 20+ years ago- something to do with maximizing the taste sensations by eliminating the other senses. I want to say the restaurant doing it kept the dining room pitch black...but maybe there were blindfolds or else how would the waiters bring the food.

I remember reading about it and thinking: do I need to eat with my hands? How am I supposed to know where the food is or if it's staying on my fork if I even manage to find it on the table. Seems like most of it would end up on my lap.

So yeah...of course I'm trying it. 

I remember a CSI episode about this. Lights went out. Bam. Someone dead. Murder weapon found in another diners purse. Open and shut case right. Spoiler, it was the waiter who killed the guy and then planted the weapon. Did not seem fun.

I'll leave sensory deprivation to Altered States. 

I like to see what I eat, especially at high $ establishments.

Users who are viewing this thread