What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Vaccine Passports (2 Viewers)

I don't....it appears that they "sides" have just commandeered the talking points from each other and switched roles.  I suspect nothing changes other than the point they are now arguing.  It's like a really bad game of badminton.  
Pretty much, yeah.  It's really annoying.

I'm really glad to see so many of my friends on the left come around to the view that businesses should be free to decide on their own how to interact with their customers.  I look forward to your consistent application of this principle going forward.
This is sort of silly.

1) The exact opposite could be said of folks who are ok with this law.

2) There's a difference between letting a business require a vaccine passport and letting businesses discriminate based on race. Non-vaccinated people are a health risk to others in the place of business. Black people are not.

This is sort of silly.

2) There's a difference between letting a business require a vaccine passport and letting businesses discriminate based on race. Non-vaccinated people are a health risk to others in the place of business. Black people are not.
Agreed, its really not an apples to apples comparison. Unless there are people who think businesses should be allowed to put up signs saying "No Blacks Allowed".

This is sort of silly.

How are non-vaccinated people a health risk to me? 

If you suddenly need an ICU bed and they are all full, that seems to be a rather large health risk.  Did you mean a "direct" health risk?
Yes I did mean a Direct health risk. That said you do make a good point about the I see you beds. I was Thinking we have enough intelligent people that we won’t get back to the times where I see you beds are a concern

This is sort of silly.

That's great.  But then let's not couch the argument in "let people manage their own affairs as they see fit" terms, since you're not going to apply that principle consistently.

Yes I did mean a Direct health risk. That said you do make a good point about the I see you beds. I was Thinking we have enough intelligent people that we won’t get back to the times where I see you beds are a concern
Hopefully that's true.  I can't say I am all that confident with the crew down here.  I fully expect another surge across the country once the mask ordinances are lifted as well as capacity rules etc.  It's not going to impact me or my family or my friends directly, but there are going to be people who die.  I waffle between your position and FG's position.  On one hand I think we need to do what we can to protect those around us, but I also see a line of responsibility too.  At some point, I'm going to meet you where you are and it's going to be up to you to do the right thing.  I'm going to stop putting my life on hold for the ill-informed and poor decision makers.

He is?  Ok...but that doesn’t answer my question.  What about the bill is good?  Why is it good for government to tell businesses how to run their business?
You seemed to have no problem with governments imposing lockdowns and capacity limits on small businesses. Tell me what's good about that?

You seemed to have no problem with governments imposing lockdowns and capacity limits on small businesses. Tell me what's good about that?
Public safety and health?  Seems that was good about it.  And no actual lockdown but sure...go with a question rather than answering yet again.

Exactly...it goes both ways.  But as another already out it...discrimination based on protected class is different than a business making requirements based on the health of their customers and employees.

If you want businesses to make their own choices...why applaud this?

Hopefully that's true.  I can't say I am all that confident with the crew down here.  I fully expect another surge across the country once the mask ordinances are lifted as well as capacity rules etc.  It's not going to impact me or my family or my friends directly, but there are going to be people who die.  I waffle between your position and FG's position.  On one hand I think we need to do what we can to protect those around us, but I also see a line of responsibility too.  At some point, I'm going to meet you where you are and it's going to be up to you to do the right thing.  I'm going to stop putting my life on hold for the ill-informed and poor decision makers.
Not a fan of thinning the herd of those that can't help themselves, but thinning the herd of <insert your word for non-intelligent people> wouldn't be the worse thing to happen in this country.

Exactly...it goes both ways.  But as another already out it...discrimination based on protected class is different than a business making requirements based on the health of their customers and employees.

If you want businesses to make their own choices...why applaud this?
Because this is discriminatory against minorities which I am dead set against.

I look forward to years of agreement on this issue in the future, now that we've settled on the same general principle.
There is no one-size covering principle that can be reasonably be applied in all cases. Rhetorical carve-outs and exceptions will always have to be granted.

Why not address that and not jeopardize public health?

Last night at the NFL draft, they had seating for vaccinated people only. Do you feel the NFL was wrong and should have been forced to allow ALL people access to the same seating?
I agree...for a period of time.  My patience is waning and so are the people getting vaccinated.

I think the NFL did a good thing and have no problem with a vaccine passport for the next 3-6 months until everyone has had more than a reasonable chance to get vaccinated.  Personally I thought the UFC holding a massless indoor event was irresponsible at this time.  That opinion will change in 3-6 months.

Why not address that and not jeopardize public health?

Last night at the NFL draft, they had seating for vaccinated people only. Do you feel the NFL was wrong and should have been forced to allow ALL people access to the same seating?
Was the vaccinated seating section better than the non-vaccinated? That's the key question. Otherwise, they are going to start having vaccinated seating in front of the bus and non-vaccinated seating in the back of the bus soon. Where's Rosa Parks when you need her?

Was the vaccinated seating section better than the non-vaccinated? That's the key question. Otherwise, they are going to start having vaccinated seating in front of the bus and non-vaccinated seating in the back of the bus soon. Where's Rosa Parks when you need her?
 I don't know if NFL allowed non-vaccinated people in. I just know they kept referring to the vaccinated people grouped together up front. They also stressed all of the NFL war rooms were strictly vaccinated.

Do you think we're doing enough to solve the racial disparity in the vaccination rates? Can we do more? I'd rather solve that than put the public at risk.

Not a fan of thinning the herd of those that can't help themselves, but thinning the herd of <insert your word for non-intelligent people> wouldn't be the worse thing to happen in this country.
I wake up many days thinking the exact same thing :lol:  

Are people refusing them on their own ir being kept from them?
Doesn't matter.  End result is that restrictions based on vaccination status will disproportionate impact black people.

Now if you want to argue that is for the great good and the restrictions are worth it, I won't argue.

Doesn't matter.  End result is that restrictions based on vaccination status will disproportionate impact black people.

Now if you want to argue that is for the great good and the restrictions are worth it, I won't argue.
Sure it does...of people aren’t getting vaccines by choice...the discrimination isn’t upon race...its upon a choice.  And too damn bad.   Sorry not sorry.

If they aren’t being offered vaccines because of race...and its race keeping them from it...that is bad and needs to be rectified.

Continuing with the NFL angle, will the Dolphins, Bucs, and Jags now be forced to allow unvaccinated players and coaches into their meeting rooms? The NFL has now lost all ability to protect their Florida players from covid?
MLB is not forcing players to get vaccinated. The basically said vaccinated players no longer need to wear masks.

You didn't answer my question. Does MLB allow teams to require it?

ETA: Now the MLB teams in Florida *can't* require it.
No teams require it. That answers your question. If a team all of a sudden requires it, I am sure the union and MLB would have something to say about that.

:confused:   They are "protecting" everyone allegedly.  Nothing I've seen written in the law itself addresses race in any way.  Not sure what you mean.
I can't speak for jobarules, but I've heard the argument made by other people that IF having an id to vote is a disadvantage to minorities because it is harder for minorities to get an ID, then it is equally a disadvantage to require a form of vaccine passport (official ID) for minorities because they will also have difficulties getting one of those. 

I can't speak for jobarules, but I've heard the argument made by other people that IF having an id to vote is a disadvantage to minorities because it is harder for minorities to get an ID, then it is equally a disadvantage to require a form of vaccine passport (official ID) for minorities because they will also have difficulties getting one of those. 
Yes this has been stated numerous times in this very thread yet some choose to ignore it and keep asking "Why?"

Yes this has been stated numerous times in this very thread yet some choose to ignore it and keep asking "Why?"
I don't necessarily disagree with the thought. For the record I'm for voter ID and vaccine passports. If the problem is poor people being able to acquire either one, the problem to tackle is the challenges facing getting an ID or vaccine proof not necessarily the requirement.

Except there is no official id card for it and the parts about actual ID is the difficulty getting one for certain groups...often made more difficult by the government.

Once again...this voter ID whataboutism os weak deflection.

So people with preexisting conditions that would make it harmful to them to get a vaccine now get banned from businesses?  But insurance companies can’t ban preexisting conditions?  Make up your damn minds people that need to government to control your lives 

top dog said:
Yes....I've heard that before too.  I don't buy it, so unless he's saying he does then there's a disconnect :shrug:  

How is getting a vaccine passport easier than getting a voter id?
I dont know that it is. Who said it was?

ETA:  Anecdotally, i do know people that are an hour from their voting place and five minutes from their pharmacy where they got their shot. I guess its "easier" for those people. :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm...no there won't.  Not sure where you got that from but that ain't happening.
um....we have mobile clinics / popup sites all over Central Florida....have for a few months now :mellow:  

Haven't heard of "door to door" yet unless you count family physicians doing that for special cases...also happening here in Central Florida (though not an official programs or anything).

He doesn’t - he’s been making a stupid analogy for pages as some kind of weird gotcha. 
I mean....making people pay for their right to vote is totally the same as making people get a vaccine.  I can see it.  One might even say it's racist in this day and age.  

Users who are viewing this thread