What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2021 Waiver Wire Pick up Thread (1 Viewer)

JohnnyU

Footballguy
A couple of names to consider are Logan Allen SP Cleveland and Julian Merryweather RP Toronto.   Allen gets the start this week against KC and in the spring he won the 5th starter in the Indians rotation.  Merryweather has 5 Ks and 2svs already and is the undisputed closer for Toronto to start the season.

Who you got?

Last edited by a moderator:
The big question I have about Logan Allen is whether they will use him as a bulk pitcher instead of a traditional SP and never get 5 innings?  Any Indians homers out there that has some information please share.

Last edited by a moderator:
The big question I have about Logan Allen is whether they will use him as a bulk pitcher instead of a traditional SP and never get 5 innings?  Any Indians homers out there that has some information please share.
There will be some load management between all of Allen, McKenzie, and Quantrill. What specifically? I doubt the Indians even know the answer to that question. I'd expect to see McKenzie piggy back Allen in each of his first 2 starts then if the schedule demands the shift to a 5 man at that point they'll re-assess.

There will be some load management between all of Allen, McKenzie, and Quantrill. What specifically? I doubt the Indians even know the answer to that question. I'd expect to see McKenzie piggy back Allen in each of his first 2 starts then if the schedule demands the shift to a 5 man at that point they'll re-assess.
Allen got 5 innings, gave up 2 runs and took the loss.  He had 3 Ks and gave up a homer.....meh

Allen got 5 innings, gave up 2 runs and took the loss.  He had 3 Ks and gave up a homer.....meh
Meh's about right, but positive spin - he labored early and was at risk of an early hook, but bounced back needing just 24 pitches to get through the 3rd, 4th, and 5th innings. I stopped watching and missed McKenzie, so I can't say anything about him beyond the box. I think it's safe to say he'll get his next turn v Detroit, so depending on the league he may be worth one more dice roll. Not optimistic about the schedule beyond that though - some loud offenses and his certainly is not.

Antone said today that he came out with 1 out left in his 4th inning because he was gassed, but man this guy is electric. If he gets moved to the starting rotation the ceiling is high. He could be the next Corbin Burnes. 

Slightly more useful now, but less exciting.... if Dane dunning is still available he can probably be trusted to be a solid Fbb pitcher. 

It's just 2 games, but the way the Rangers are using Dunning is a problem in our game. If he's the starter and is getting hooked at 70 pitches then before considering his lousy offense and worse bullpen he's not going deep enough to net W's. I wasn't worried about it after game 1, but now that they did not extend him in game 2 my eyebrow is raised.

It's just 2 games, but the way the Rangers are using Dunning is a problem in our game. If he's the starter and is getting hooked at 70 pitches then before considering his lousy offense and worse bullpen he's not going deep enough to net W's. I wasn't worried about it after game 1, but now that they did not extend him in game 2 my eyebrow is raised.
This is a frustrating trend going on for the fantasy game.  It happened a lot to Glasnow last year.  I am happy to see they are letting him go to 90-100 pitches now as it is moving him to elite status.  

Users who are viewing this thread