What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trip to Nashville (2 Viewers)

Guy asked for advice on a trip he's looking forward to after vaccination:

Your complete response was:

I think a lot of people are going to sigh when that's the complete response to his sincere question.

Let's please not derail this thread though. I'll start another one. 
I actually made a sincere response to his question. And I wasn't trying to derail his thread.  I gave an honest opinion and was wishing him well. I'm not a troll.  Sorry if I offended you.  

And I have to add that I treat COVID patients most days of the week and keep track of the pandemic every day of the week so I'm not just blowing smoke.  I want everyone to be as cautious as possible and not contract this virus because it's potentially awful when you do. 

Although the vaccines are very effective they are not perfect.  Please take the precautions you need to.  

While I realize that being vaccinated is not a 100% guarantee you won't get Covid,  it is pretty unlikely that you will and almost certainly won't get seriously ill.

That said, social distancing/masks on Broadway was nowhere to be found.  I think it is a fair bet that a good number of people there were not vaccinated so Covid is going to be hanging around a while.

By the way I should say that we had a great time though when I came back I went a week without having a beer just to dry out a little.

Highlights:

The honky tonks, kayaking on Cumberland River.  The music museums (especially liked Johnny Cash), Bearded Irish and Yee-Haw breweries.

Disappointments:

Grand Ole Opry, Gaylord Opry Land

We saw an outstanding Steely Dan tribute there called Twelve Against Nature.  I am not usually into tributes but these guys were amazing

While I realize that being vaccinated is not a 100% guarantee you won't get Covid,  it is pretty unlikely that you will and almost certainly won't get seriously ill.

That said, social distancing/masks on Broadway was nowhere to be found. I think it is a fair bet that a good number of people there were not vaccinated so Covid is going to be hanging around a while.
That's pretty much all I was saying to begin with, especially the last sentence.

That sentiment seems to have irritated a couple people posting in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way I should say that we had a great time though when I came back I went a week without having a beer just to dry out a little.

Highlights:

The honky tonks, kayaking on Cumberland River.  The music museums (especially liked Johnny Cash), Bearded Irish and Yee-Haw breweries.

Disappointments:

Grand Ole Opry, Gaylord Opry Land

We saw an outstanding Steely Dan tribute there called Twelve Against Nature.  I am not usually into tributes but these guys were amazing
This is why you trust your GB Joe... ;)  

Glad you liked Bearded Iris. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Heading to Nashville today for 5 days. 
Great information in this thread. Anyone else want to chime in I’m all ears.  

Heading to Nashville today for 5 days. 
Great information in this thread. Anyone else want to chime in I’m all ears.  

Careful around downtown today...will be busy and lots of road closures due to the Music City Grand Prix

How would your rank the tours for music halls. 

Johnny Cash 

Grand Ole Opry

Ryman

Country Music Hall ofFame. 

Don’t think we will have time for all of them. 

sho nuff said:
Careful around downtown today...will be busy and lots of road closures due to the Music City Grand Prix
Didn’t get in until past midnight last night so wasn’t an issue but thanks for the heads up.  

I can't really give you much in the way of bar recommendations, but I do have some food spots I really like:

Breakfast: Maple Street Biscuit Company (in BerryHill, about a 10 minute drive south from downtown)
 -> most people pimp Biscuit Love, but I prefer Maple Street

Lunch: McDougal's Chicken (12th Street South), Jack Brown's Beer and Burger (Germantown)

Dinner: Blanco Cocina (right across Broadway from Bridgestone Arena)

These are just a few of my favorites.  There's obviously some great BBQ, etc, but start with these :)  

How would your rank the tours for music halls. 

Johnny Cash 

Grand Ole Opry

Ryman

Country Music Hall ofFame. 

Don’t think we will have time for all of them. 
Ryman

Country Music HOF

Actually haven’t done the Cash yet but have heard good things.

Have not done an Opry tour but have gone to the Opry (also not downtown so you would be droving/riding out to Opryland area)

Jack Brown's Beer and Burger

My sister is a Saint at the original Jack Brown's in Harrisonburg.🍻 

Love their burgers!  I forget where the next location is going to be - but Lexington is 2nd on the list, they were out here a few weeks ago scouting locations.

Ryman was very cool. Now down by the honky tonks. One better then the others ? 
Or just start hitting them all ?

Great stuff in here. Heading there late Oct for 4 days. Found some affordable airbnbs a few miles away from downtown. Was originally thinking of getting a turo and parking downtown, but after some thought, seems like the smart play is just passing on the turo and going uber instead. Thinking if there's something that's too far, could always rent for the day. What say the nashville regs?

Great stuff in here. Heading there late Oct for 4 days. Found some affordable airbnbs a few miles away from downtown. Was originally thinking of getting a turo and parking downtown, but after some thought, seems like the smart play is just passing on the turo and going uber instead. Thinking if there's something that's too far, could always rent for the day. What say the nashville regs?
Nashville is extremely walkable and Uberable. No need for a car IMO. My son LIVES there and doesn't own a car.

you bromigos keep talkin about food but i already done told you there are 13 parneras in nashville take that to the bank
Just as funny the 2nd time going through this thread. Just arrived last night. Seeing Jason isbell and the 400 unit (yes, all 400 of them) tonight. So pumped.

• Love
Reactions: SWC
i am a sober roller and love jason isbell and his songs which often deal with his journey to getting clean and i have seen him in milwaukee two times and it is crazy to see people all stoned and drunk at his concerts but it is what it is so bam enjoy some parnera and some good tunes take that to the bank brohan

Skull's is always fun for dinner and a show.

Arnolds is easily my favorite and has done a great job of keeping mostly true to what it was before a zillion tourists flocked to it.

Just got back from a trip to Nashville this weekend for the South Carolina - Vandy game. Hit up brunch at Skulls yesterday and lunch at Arnold's on Sat. Although I turned Arnold's into more a meat and four instead of three 🐷. Thanks guys.

Just got back from a trip to Nashville this weekend for the South Carolina - Vandy game. Hit up brunch at Skulls yesterday and lunch at Arnold's on Sat. Although I turned Arnold's into more a meat and four instead of three 🐷. Thanks guys.

Meat and Four works!

you bromigos keep talkin about food but i already done told you there are 13 parneras in nashville take that to the bank
Just as funny the 2nd time going through this thread. Just arrived last night. Seeing Jason isbell and the 400 unit (yes, all 400 of them) tonight. So pumped.
how was the concert brohan i got cumberland gap this morning on the way in on pandora and it made me think of this thread take that to the bank brohan

how was the concert brohan i got cumberland gap this morning on the way in on pandora and it made me think of this thread take that to the bank brohan
So good that I went to the show the next night as well. Fun little town. Didn't see a panera though. Did make the obligatory waffle house stop. Boy, are those places an experience.

• Thanks
Reactions: SWC
I am going to Nashville for a work trip in 3 ish weeks - Looking for current recommendations - going to have a Thursday and Friday night to explore and even a late night Wednesday for a quick drink etc - looking for food recommendations and a good couple of adult beverages would not hurt and any sights worth checking out. I will read the earlier suggestions but this thread is a couple of years old and things change so............. TIA
AB

I always recommend Fifth & Broad these days. Assembly Hall Food Court has many stalls from popular restaurants around town. Hattie B's line won't be short.

Users who are viewing this thread