What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

DMX (1 Viewer)

I dunno. I saw him coming out in a cage growling and screaming from the ceiling of MSG. Never felt energy like that for any other concert or sporting event in my life. I still have chills thinking about it. He was an awesome performer. This was over 20 years ago and I still talk about it with my brother.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am sorry to hear this.  

I never got his music, honestly, and it represented a time of rap I'd rather have missed, but you can easily separate the man from the song, and I wish him peace at rest and that his spirit may be channeled properly. 

RIP

He will forever make me thing of Spring Break senior year of high school. We played his album basically 24 hours on that trip. 

jobarules said:
I dunno. I saw him coming out in a cage growling and screaming from the ceiling of MSG. Never felt energy like that for any other concert or sporting event in my life. I still have chills thinking about it. He was an awesome performer. This was over 20 years ago and I still talk about it with my brother.
Got that from any number of rock acts who have suspended drummers or other members from cages. 

Once saw a singer catch a lighter from the front row, and burn a wine cork, write on their face with the carbon while singing.... thenq set the wine bottle down, tomahawk it with a mic stand which shattered it spraying the first couple rows with glass and wine.... THEN noticed the chop damaged the floor of the state so he kept chopping...chipping away at the stage... wood flying... until there was a hole. Then threw the mic across the stage and crawled through the hole down below the stage as the band kept jamming. 

Same guy was known for climbing stage rigging, Speakers, Walls, camera stands/arms to rappel down microphone cables or dive into the crowd. 7:20 in that video is the greatest stage dive I've ever seen in person or on camera. Completely insane. 

No disrespect to DMX.. he was indeed a solid performer. Sucks he lost his battle to his demons. 

His music sales are going to blow up this week. 
Hope so and things are set up in a way it benefits his family, if I recall correctly he wasn’t one that did a good job maintaining his wealth. Was surprised to see that as he was an icon in that era of hip hop. 

ETA- man, way worse than I thought. Props to Jay Z for what he did. Sad situation. 

https://www.distractify.com/p/dmx-net-worth

15 kids?   Wow...  just wow.
There was Brenda, LaTisha, Linda, Felicia
Dawn, LeShaun, Ines, and Alicia
Teresa, Monica, Sharron, Nicki
Lisa, Veronica, Karen, Vicky
Cookie, well, I met her in a ice cream parlor
Tonya, Diane, Lori, and Carla
Marina, Selena, Katrina, Sabrina
About three Kims, LaToya, and Tina
Shelley, Bridget, Cathy, Rasheeda