Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

McCaffrey Trade Again

eighsse

Question

I was offered McCaffrey plus a 2022 second round pick for Lamb plus the 1.02, 1.06, 1.08. I'm thinking of offering back the same but asking for his 2023 first round pick additionally (2023 is a long way away and this guy can can be loose with his picks).

What do you guys think of the Darnold trade? I want to say it is good for McCaffrey, but honestly the way he was used before cannot get better so any possibilities of changes would seem to only be neutral at BEST.

Kind of would like to find a way to nail down McCaffrey and then try to get Darnold, to have Darnold/McCaffrey/DJ Moore, and *if* Darnold kicks his career in gear and all goes well, could stack them weekly for high reward. If not, then, well, that's the risk side. But giving up a lot. Thoughts? Thanks.

3 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, eighsse said:

I was offered McCaffrey plus a 2022 second round pick for Lamb plus the 1.02, 1.06, 1.08. I'm thinking of offering back the same but asking for his 2023 first round pick additionally (2023 is a long way away and this guy can can be loose with his picks).

What do you guys think of the Darnold trade? I want to say it is good for McCaffrey, but honestly the way he was used before cannot get better so any possibilities of changes would seem to only be neutral at BEST.

Kind of would like to find a way to nail down McCaffrey and then try to get Darnold, to have Darnold/McCaffrey/DJ Moore, and *if* Darnold kicks his career in gear and all goes well, could stack them weekly for high reward. If not, then, well, that's the risk side. But giving up a lot. Thoughts? Thanks.

No. 2023 pick doesnt change much for me. Lots to like about McCaffrey if hes back to the old Christian, but not enough to give up what I would say is essentially 4 first round picks. 

22 minutes ago, Cjw_55106 said:

No. 2023 pick doesnt change much for me. Lots to like about McCaffrey if hes back to the old Christian, but not enough to give up what I would say is essentially 4 first round picks. 

Agree.  That pick is essentially nothing because it is so far away.  Like I said the last time you need to remove the 1.02 preferable but I would probably be ok with removing the 1.06 and still do it.  

ETA:  I also think it is a bad idea to get Darnold, CMC, and Moore.   Too much in the same basket.  Two are ok but not three.

Edited by Gally