What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1.04 RB or TE (1 Viewer)

VolBoy

Footballguy
I have Mahomes a qb Core rbs are A.Gibson,Ronald Jones ,Fornette and Chase Edmonds. Wes are Lamb, Higgens, Theilenand Dionte Johnson with Kelce at TE in a pot dynasty. Contemplating taking Pitts at 4 or rb. Trevor Lawrence will go off board quick. I also have #12 overall pick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Make a combined draft board ranking all players across positions.  Take the highest guy on your list regardless of position.  

Put in the work to really evaluate the players you think are best regardless of position.  Don't take a lesser player because you think you need that position more.  The point of the draft is to hit on your picks.  If your combined board is done right you have the best chance of hitting on the pick.

Yea. That is what I'm looking at. Kelce has been great to depend on. TE are so hit or miss. Could Pitts be the next great one. Kelce is 31, when does he slow down?

I personally would go for a RB unless maybe Harris, Etienne, and Williams were all taken, then maybe Chase, but still probably a RB (this is imagining a pre-NFL-draft fantasy draft). I wouldn't take TE until much later, unless this is some kind of TE premium situation. I know people are saying that Pitts is not just the best TE of the class, but a generational talent, but I'm not taking the bait, at least not top 10 picks. In my league no TE's are even mandatory. If you have to have 1 TE that would be a little different.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea. That is what I'm looking at. Kelce has been great to depend on. TE are so hit or miss. Could Pitts be the next great one. Kelce is 31, when does he slow down?
I think you can pretty much bank on Kelce putting up numbers. Doesn't miss games and clearly hasn't lost a step at this point. Pitts is definitely intriguing but that would be bonkers if he could match that production as a rookie. Plus he'll probably be on a mediocre to bad team that doesn't throw the ball around as much as the Chiefs. 

It looks like you are in a position to contend with a little RB help. At 1.04 you probably need to wait and see where everyone goes. Maybe Williams is there and can help you, maybe move the pick and try to cash in. 

I think you can pretty much bank on Kelce putting up numbers. Doesn't miss games and clearly hasn't lost a step at this point. Pitts is definitely intriguing but that would be bonkers if he could match that production as a rookie. Plus he'll probably be on a mediocre to bad team that doesn't throw the ball around as much as the Chiefs. 
Suggesting Pitts will be drafted on a mediocre to bad team is nonsense. One, we have no idea where he will land. Two, if we are to speculate, most have him going to Atlanta, who was fifth in the league in passing yards a game. How good a team is doesnt always matter in FF. In fact, many times it is helpful if the team is bad/playing from behind. 

No, Pitts will likely not match Kelce, but Im not sure why that matters much? We dont even know the starting requirements for the OPs league.  

Suggesting Pitts will be drafted on a mediocre to bad team is nonsense. One, we have no idea where he will land. Two, if we are to speculate, most have him going to Atlanta, who was fifth in the league in passing yards a game. How good a team is doesnt always matter in FF. In fact, many times it is helpful if the team is bad/playing from behind. 

No, Pitts will likely not match Kelce, but Im not sure why that matters much? We dont even know the starting requirements for the OPs league.  
Fair point, but I would say that Atlanta would be the exception among those top teams that are likely to get their hands on Pitts. Then again, a TE is always a good safety valve, even for a below average QB. 

I can start Pitts at flex. How much longer can Kelce produce. He is 31. It's a nice luxury to have a T E and not worry about production

I always like @Gally's advice when I read responses around who to take (BP on your board) when the draft comes. I'd suggest taking that advise making your board and pick the player that you have ranked higher and if you have two close and they both fall you could lean to position of need. 

Users who are viewing this thread